Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

If the next one is a fishman, I want a fishman who ate a devil fruit & is now unable to swim.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How about the crew get a gardener... not just that, an Ecologist... someone who loves nature...

Possibilities on look 1: Could be "Hippie Based" with sunglasses, tie-die, the constant statements on "love and peace" (maybe smoke a little mary jane, lol jk)

Possibilities on look 2: A female based off of "Poison Ivy" from Batman (Sanji would die)

Possibilities on look 3: A relatively normal looking person with no out-worldly noticeable traits until the battle begins

---I've had hopes for a gardner since I saw the the Sunny at Water 7...---

Now POSSIBLE ABILITIES:

Since Usopp now has pop greens, I steered away from man eating plants, and things close of that nature. I thought of a Devil Fruit that "mutates" a person into a thorny looking plant person. With a kind of invincibility due to rapid regrowth, and the ability to accelerate of decelerate plant growth on contact or even mentally.

I don't know if this would be classified as a Zoan, Parmecia, or Logia though.

Another possible ability is that he/she has mental empathy with plants, and can communicate with them. And would have a seperate fighting style to compliment his/her job. (Like a fighting style that can't damage the land, especially compared to The monster trio's or anybody else in the crew sans Robin..)

================================================

Another one I've been hoping for is a miner for a crew mate... and he'd be a guy, but with the unique trait of having the most beautiful face that inexplicably remains beautiful throughout nearly any situation... And for comedy effects he is oblivious to his own beauty.

His village or city would run a seastone mine for the goverment, and the miners there have to be suffieciently strong enough to constantly wield off new world pirates. And for some reason I want him to hate either Shanks or Dragon(I don't know why, maybe because it would be good story wise)

His fighting style would be boxing, and his dream would be to become the greatest champion of the world.

And he'd be the only miner to dig without using the Pick-Axes, and instead opts on using his barehands to mine... and that despite his unbelievebly pretty face, he have scarred hands and arms. But those same arms are his greatest weapons. But when he isn't fighting seriously he wears long sleeve shirts and a pair of gloves or mittens.

If neither of those, then a Pre-Teen FishBoy, who is a laughing stock because he never learned how to swim, and after the SH's show up, Jinbei gives them a present containing a DF, and sometime after the FishBoy finds it and eats it without knowing what it does.

This will give a direct parallel to a younger Luffy, who had the same exact problems, and Luffy takes him under his wing as their Cabin Boy.

And just because he can't swim doesn't mean he can't breath under water, so he can go under water, but he can't float or swim, he can walk on the ocean floor no problem, but, he can't fight at full compacity under water because Devil Fruit users get weaker underwater.

Those are my three suggestions, love them or hate them, lol... feed back will be much appreciated.
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MaiSiaoSiao's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    If the next one is a fishman, I want a fishman who ate a devil fruit & is now unable to swim.
    Thought unable to swim but he"ll survive underwater.Fishman have gills so that"ll let then breathe underwater.But it would be pathetic that a fishman cant swim in the water eh.So i dont think that a fishman would be dumb enough to eat a DF and render himself helpless in water when he's suppose to thrive in water..

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaiSiaoSiao View Post
    Thought unable to swim but he"ll survive underwater.Fishman have gills so that"ll let then breathe underwater.But it would be pathetic that a fishman cant swim in the water eh.So i dont think that a fishman would be dumb enough to eat a DF and render himself helpless in water when he's suppose to thrive in water..
    I actually brought that idea too a few pages ago.

We all know that every strawhat needs a heartbreaking stories... and what could be more terrible for a fishman to lose their ability to swim!!

I think it would fit well into the story.
    And I know exactly what could be his role in the crew...

I would want him (actually, I'll prefer if it's a mermaid, than a fishman but whatever) to be a scientist...
    Since he ate that DF, he/she could have been studying the DF properties and could therefore explain a lot of things to the Strawhat (and to us by the same time).

We could learn stuff like :
    - Why can't we eat 2 DF?
    - Why can BB do it?
    - How come once one DF-user dies, the DF reappear somewhere else?
    - etc.

Its goal would be to get rid of the DF to get back its ability to swim...

As for the DF he would have eat, I really don't mind anything, but a logia-type would be interesting, I guess.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MaiSiaoSiao's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    I actually brought that idea too a few pages ago.

We all know that every strawhat needs a heartbreaking stories... and what could be more terrible for a fishman to lose their ability to swim!!

I think it would fit well into the story.
    And I know exactly what could be his role in the crew...

I would want him (actually, I'll prefer if it's a mermaid, than a fishman but whatever) to be a scientist...
    Since he ate that DF, he/she could have been studying the DF properties and could therefore explain a lot of things to the Strawhat (and to us by the same time).

We could learn stuff like :
    - Why can't we eat 2 DF?
    - Why can BB do it?
    - etc.

Its goal would be to get rid of the DF to get back its ability to swim...

As for the DF he would have eat, I really don't mind anything, but a logia-type would be interesting, I guess.
    That would be nice knowing more bout DF other then the powers they give..

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member St Michael's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I completely agree with your idea. Minus the logia thing. It would be even better (and heart breaking ) if he has lost the ability to swim for a crappy DF.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe for the ability to breath underwater. That would be ironic in so many ways (and really a crappy DF )

The panda-bears rocking all over the world!

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Since the strawhats are about to ship off....I think that pretty much kills the perona, hancock, and maugerite arguement. Jinbei is still a possibilty, but I feel its the same as hancock situation.

So as of now I say a new charcter or a very outside chance that sabo is alive and wants to tag alone.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been hearing alot about Bonney... she honestly sounds like a good canidate...

But like what I posted above I'd like one of these also

A Hippie Gardner/Ecologist who is all like Peace & Love

A Miner/Boxer who is oblivious to his ironic handsomeness

A Ten Year Old FishBoy who couldn't swim already and then ate a DF and couldn't swim permanently and he could be the cabin boy (This could be a parallel to Luffy and Shanks)

I also think our old friend Crocodile would be a good addition to the crew LATER in the journey
    Last edited by RezzieThaRapper; October 17, 2010 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Niirouge View Post
    Sorry Black Lagoon, but could I get a source link for this?

It's the first time I've ever heard of Kuma being a candidate for a Strawhat pirate, so I'm pretty intrigued
    Here

SBS's Pics

summary

BTW : According to this it looks like it's kinda confirmed that the next is gonna be a fish

Spoiler show

Quote Originally Posted by Niirouge View Post
    Sorry Black Lagoon, but could I get a source link for this?

It's the first time I've ever heard of Kuma being a candidate for a Strawhat pirate, so I'm pretty intrigued
    Here

SBS's Pics

summary

BTW : According to this it looks like it's kinda confirmed that the next is gonna be a fish

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Black Lagoon; October 17, 2010 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

15. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

lol,,i doubt this is true.....xD
    Where zoro in there?:S
    The only possible person in there is that spike one,but in no way ressemble him.
    Also,a mermaid with a fish head+a hat.I cant imagine that. :L
    I would be dissapointed if they someone like this.I would rather have Hatchan.

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

actually the fish is none other than Oda, it's kinda like his avatar in the table of contents of jump and he also wore it as an actual mask on one of the jump festa appearances he's had.
    that naturally doesn't rule out a fishman, I wouldn't bet on it because of this though - especially on the look x_x

see the picture here for reference; [the article and description is sadly in german so most of oyu won't be able to read it]
    Last edited by Akainu; October 17, 2010 at 11:35 AM.

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

looks its this guy we are talking about:
    http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../6/6c/Nuke.JPG

xD....Small hat with a fish head.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Niirouge's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the fish is apparently supposed to be Oda... LOL!

He was asked in that SBS to draw what's inside the crew's head and his, and well, since we can recognise the rest of the strawhat's silhouette, that leaves Oda to be the fish thing...

A little off-side:

Thanks for the link to the apforum post as well!
    Some of the questions were really hilarious *laughs*

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In the first ever chapter, Luffy said he wanted 10 crewmates. And, i would believe that the new crewmate (if there is one, and there probably is,) would have something special to do (for example, Luffy=captain, Nami=Navigator, Sanji=cook, Zoro isnt that special, but luffy said he wanted a swordsman AND Zoro is a strong support when Luffy's absent, he takes over, like with Oars. He probably is counted as vice-captain or right-hand man.) There was this fake spoiler around, saying that Luffy would get a fishman that actually drove the ship, whereas Nami was just finding where to go. This idea is quite possible, but i think it would not happen, accounting Oda's efforts to distinguish Nami and such

And i don't believe Bonney nor Crocodile will join. Nor Hancock or Perona. Firstly, Bonney is a captain, and i don't think captains would join Luffy. Secondly, Croc would have to be altered WAY to much to join Luffy's crew. Thirdly, Hancock is also a captain and she is a princess, so her duty is to her island, and must either command or help defend/attack enemies for supplies. Lastly, Perona just doesn't seem right. She ( i think) will help them in the future, (like Boa) and probably has befriended Zoro

"We could learn stuff like :
    - Why can't we eat 2 DF?
    - Why can BB do it?
    - etc."
    Blueno explains (i forgot the chapter) that if one person eats 2 DFs, then the DFs would fight, and kill the person. (which probably just means that the DFs would go wild and kill the person) BB didn't actually eat 2 DFs. He used his Darkness/gravity powers to absorb Whitebeard's. I agree, we probably will learn more about why, but for now, lets leave it at that. No one said that one one person dies, the DF appears elsewhere. When WB died, his DF power was still in him. I THINK that ur thinking about Thatch, and that BB killed him and stole his DF. Thatch didn't actually eat the DF, he found it, but BB killed him before he ate it.
    Last edited by Bobbina; October 17, 2010 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast