Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Actually Brook was a captain.

Zoro is the swordman. Or at least for One Piece world there are pirate posts like "swordman" or "sniper". He was never referred as First Mate in the manga.

Because of that I feel that someone stronger than Zoro or Sanji would eventually...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbina View Post
    Blueno explains (i forgot the chapter) that if one person eats 2 DFs, then the DFs would fight, and kill the person. (which probably just means that the DFs would go wild and kill the person) BB didn't actually eat 2 DFs. He used his Darkness/gravity powers to absorb Whitebeard's. I agree, we probably will learn more about why, but for now, lets leave it at that. No one said that one one person dies, the DF appears elsewhere. When WB died, his DF power was still in him. I THINK that ur thinking about Thatch, and that BB killed him and stole his DF. Thatch didn't actually eat the DF, he found it, but BB killed him before he ate it.
    We don't know yet how Devil Fruits reappers somewere else in the world, but at least we know they do.

There is a anime filler scene that show a Devil Fruit coming from the deep of the ocean to the surface. While it's just a filler scene, I think that's quite accurate, and would explain the "sea mitology" that surround the Devil Fruits.

Either way, I agree when you say that Blackbeard used the Yami Yami no Mi to absorb the Gura Gura no Mi from Whitebeard's body.
    Last edited by Fox666; October 17, 2010 at 09:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

No one said that one one person dies, the DF appears elsewhere. When WB died, his DF power was still in him. I THINK that ur thinking about Thatch, and that BB killed him and stole his DF. Thatch didn't actually eat the DF, he found it, but BB killed him before he ate it.
    Not true.
    We know, by Oda, that when someone dies, his DF reappear somewhere in the world...

So, for example, somewhere right now, the Fire DF that Ace had has reappear...

All of those info are not in the manga right now and the characters have no idea about this (same for the readers if they don't read the Q&A), so it has to be told by someone at some point.

And I think it could be by a fishman who ate a DF and is studying them so that he can understand them and find a way to nullify them, so that he can start swimming again.
    Last edited by THM Nindo; October 17, 2010 at 10:34 PM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Oni Giri's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't like the DF user fishman idea but if you insist on a fishman who ate a DF, it'd be cool only if his DF alllows him to fly. a fish who can't swim but fly... what's more funny than that?
    "A crew whose captain lost his dignity will surely collapse" - Roronoa Zoro

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SpecterJ201988's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 600 Discussion / 601 Prediction Thread

Its hard to theorize about the next crew member without having herd the exact quote from Oda, I don't thing that Arlong or Enel will fit the bill. if its a fish-man then it will probably be Hachi, and Enel would never serve under another. The big question is have the strawhats currently defeated the new member. A defected Smoker or a restored Kuma would be great.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpecterJ201988 View Post
    Its hard to theorize about the next crew member without having herd the exact quote from Oda, I don't thing that Arlong or Enel will fit the bill. if its a fish-man then it will probably be Hachi, and Enel would never serve under another. The big question is have the strawhats currently defeated the new member. A defected Smoker or a restored Kuma would be great.
    New crew member could be just about anyone, but i think it will be a girl. Perhaps even a mermaid, or a marine? Though Smoker is an arch enemy for Luffy, he sees Luff as a serious threat to the world peace. And seems to be a bit Garpish aswell, I think he might do as Garp did and stay in a VA position while Coby becomes an admiral in the end.

Kuma on the other hand is a cyborg like franky, we wont get 2 of those but maybe he comes back to the revolutionary army. Hoping so

Moria I dont like, and he still has a crew of his own that wants him back. I dont think we'll get somebody not well liked and lets just face it, the moria arc was not Odas masterpeice

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of a new strawhat being a previous boss, and just for the record characters like hachi and perona are lackeys not bosses. That said, I've been thinking for a while now that it would be cool if Aokiji would join the strawhats. Now this would have to be much further down the road when the current strawhats have gotten a little stronger and developed their haki so he wouldn't be totally overpowered anymore, of course. BUT, he's been pretty much the only boss who hasn't really tried to harm the strawhats (and he saved robin in the past and let the strawhats escape several times already) and it would set them up for greatness; I mean stealing a former admiral? They'd be totally famous, and feared, for that and it would set them up as contenders with the yonkou.

Anyway, this is only really plausible if a new crew member comes from past characters, and or bosses, tho it seems like Oda prefers to introduce fresh new characters. Oh yeah there's always smoker i guess but between the two Aokiji would fit the strawhats better what with his lazy, sleeping all day, attitude and what not. So for what it's worth, I hope this rumor turns out to be true.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Geez's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems quite unlikely but, if the next crew mate is a fishman/mermaid there's a possibility that the mermaid princess may join the SH in their adventure.

Unlikely because, a story with a princess already occurred with Vivi... yet she's the only fish character mentioned but unseen. I would really love her joining in just to see sanji's reactions lol

So... next crewmate or just regular story character ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the strawhats next Nakama will be a Fishman. I'm not sure what his special quirk or ability will be though. The crew seems pretty well rounded as it is. This might be the last crew member. Maybe he'll be a genius when it comes to battles or something. Or he'll be the creator of Fishman Kung fu (NOT the Fishman Karate that Jimbei does).

Wow, I think I've convinced myself that the next Nakama will definitely be the last.
    My One Piece Predictions:
    Spoiler show

Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Haynes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the next crew member will be a brand new character, currently it seems a Fishman is the prime candidate. There's been talk about a Fishman who has eaten a devil fruit. Personally I think it's a great idea and maybe Chopper has developed a medicine that nulls the devil fruits power and allows the person/fish to swim for a few minutes or something, similar to the rumble balls.

However, I think with Luffy we're gonna see an alliance of Pirates, similar to that of Whitebeard. Boa has allied her crew with Luffy. I like the idea of Perona becoming the boss of the apes/monkeys, maybe she will go out to sea and ally herself with the Straw Hats because of Zoro. Jimbei has allied with Luffy and will probably stay at Fishman Island to protect it in Luffy's name. Iva will probably also follow suit and ally with Luffy because he's Dragon's Son and because of Sanji. So those people are probably out of the question to be new crew mates.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe this will stop the off topic in the Ch.600 thread? About the "2929":

There's some weird looking text with a theorie in the SBS of chapter 583. I don't really get the introduction but the reader (pen name "Shankus Love") brings up a theory which seems to me as if Shankus Love listed up all DF users and counted the katakana somehow like this:

Luffy -> GO.MU.GO.MU -> 5.6.5.6
    Chopper -> HI.TO.HI.TO -> 1.10.1.10
    Robin -> HA.NA.HA.NA -> 8.7.8.7
    Brook -> YO.MI.YO.MI -> 4.3.4.3

And then he looked up which numbers weren't within the sequence of numbers from 1 to 10 (as I said, I don't get the introduction, so I guess he's referring to the crewmembers) and finds 2 and 9 missing. Read in Japanese "2" is "ni" (like in "nitouryuu" <-> "two swords style") while "9" is "kyuu" (like in "kyuutouryuu" <-> "nine swords style"). So he mixes them up and comes to the conclusion that only a "nikyu nikyu no mi" user will become the next nakama... so he guesses it's Kuma.

But Oda only seems to fool around and starts his "funny acting"... You know, whenever he acts like that ideas and theories by fans are pretty much unlikely - otherwise Whitebeard would hide bananas in his beard and be able to take it off his face to use it as boomerang to play with his little dog "Stephane" (taken from Vol. 58 SBS).

So the answer to the question if Kuma joins the Mugiwara Kaizoku-dan, I would rather reply by "no".

If someone wants to translate it:
    Spoiler show
    no longer participating forums...

12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i dunno where i said it b4 , but i really think that SH need a blacksmith . I mean he could help Franky and maybe even Ussop and ofcourse he will help Zolo in various stuff . He might even make a sword onpower / even stronger than the 12 highest grade swords .

Then they also need a helmsman .... seriously its like anyone who knows nothing is driving the ship [but then again in most famous pirate movies , thats the captains job , but Luffy isnt really that type of a captain]

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh sorry, i dont watch the anime. heheh....... oh and THM Nindo, i love being proved wrong, but can u tell me exactly where it is said that the DF appears again? i would love to know XD

Oh and the fillers are many of the times, made by the anime ppl, not by the author itself. At least thats true for some animes
    Last edited by Bobbina; October 19, 2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

oh and THM Nindo, i love being proved wrong, but can u tell me exactly where it is said that the DF appears again? i would love to know
    SBS Volume 48
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_48

Here's a direct quote of the volume:
    Quote Quote:
    D: Excuse me!! May I pose a serious question to the typically-vulgar SBS?? In Volume 46, Usopp said that the same power doesn't exist twice. But this doesn't make sense with what you said in the Volume 45 SBS... If the Gomu Gomu Fruit was in a book of fruits, then Luffy HAD to have eaten at least the SECOND known example of the fruit! Now, most beautiful and intelligent Ei-chan, explain it all! ✩ P.N. Takafi

O: Very sharp of you. But I'm cool. I haven't made any mistakes. As a hint, let me rephrase what Usopp is saying. "The same powers don't exist twice AT THE SAME TIME." How's that? For more detail, you'll just have to wait for a certain professor to make his appearance in the story, and explain exactly what the Devil Fruits REALLY are... Eventually.
    So... maybe that professor that they will meet will be the fishman that will join the crew that I've been talking about!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

OOO, ic XD thx. I thought it was in the Actual MANGA. I read manga online so sadly enough, I cant see these thing :O

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    So... maybe that professor that they will meet will be the fishman that will join the crew that I've been talking about!
    The professor is Vegapunk...

A female fishman, without any DF power and also not Caimie and not merfolk....
    I already said that the job could be as a hunter, for getting food in open ocean (seeing on how many times this has been a problem for the crew, I think it would be a very useful character) also to have some control of Fishman Karate with the ability to control water to a certain degree as Jimbei, this will provide the group with another crewmemeber with means to attack Logia users (the other one being Luffy as we dont not yet about any other member using Haki for certain).

I dont really see a fishman eating a DF voluntarily, why would they sacrifice not been able to go to the sea ever again for a power, it kinds of takes away their identity.

Also someone commented about a DF that can control7become water, but I would be almost positive that this DF does not exist, simply because it would go against the principle of standing water being DF users weakness (if you become water then you dieeeee....... is kind of suicidal, "he drowned in hymself")
    Last edited by Jdapenao; October 20, 2010 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast