Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 77 of 134 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2003

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Yeah, in terms of strengh the strawhats are already pretty capable, but Jinbei is also experienced in the world, having visited many islands (prbably even the NW).... In strengh Oda has to make us believe Jinbei is weaker than Luffy and Zoro, but still has room to grow like the rest of the crew until the confrotation with BB in Raftel....

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

If we have confirmation of Jinbei then the thread will make a third edition to wait for the 10th member.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    Yeah, in terms of strengh the strawhats are already pretty capable, but Jinbei is also experienced in the world, having visited many islands (prbably even the NW).... In strengh Oda has to make us believe Jinbei is weaker than Luffy and Zoro, but still has room to grow like the rest of the crew until the confrotation with BB in Raftel....
    I would argue oda has to make us believe jinbe is also weaker than sanji at some point. For me the manga with the monster trio's supremacy being questioned is almost absurd to say the least. Perhaps the growing thing is what will make the difference in the end. Luffy, zoro and sanji are all young people with their future ahead of them. Jinbe is a middle aged merman who in all likelyhood won't be getting significantly stronger if at all within the next few arcs and has already mastered his fighting style. Still, for me it would ruin an arc to not see sanji taking out the third strongest dude in each arc (although in the current one sanji and jinbe fought together)...

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

That's valid only if there is always one vs one fight. But with the number of strawhat increasing, team fights are more interesting on a pace point of view. Here it was ok since the fights were quick but I don't think Oda will do it each time.
    Last edited by k-dom; December 03, 2011 at 03:57 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Jinbe might have the longest career as a pirate, but he could have stayed in the GL all the time, like Brook, but only in the leagues of Luffy, Zorro and Sanji.

With more members the groupings can change, it feels like some are biased on the early strong trio.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Jinbe might have the longest career as a pirate, but he could have stayed in the GL all the time, like Brook, but only in the leagues of Luffy, Zorro and Sanji.

With more members the groupings can change, it feels like some are biased on the early strong trio.
    I don't see anything wrong with liking the Monster Trio and wanting/expecting it to stay that way. It's been that way throughout the manga so far, It'd be like Sanji and Zoro coming back after the time skip and all of a sudden being best of friends (for me atleast). I don't think the Monster Trio should be changed as a grouping even if Jimbei joins, it's one of the cool parts of the Manga to see Zoro, Sanji, and Luffy take out the strongest 3 opponents.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, there is also the issue of how well stablished the monster trio really is. It has been present in some form since sanji was introduced. It was present when they fought arlong, when they fought baroque works, when they went to skypeia and it was more than obvious during the ennies lobby arc. When they fought the pacifista it was their 3 strongest attacks which finally took it down and when the strawhats were reintroduced it was the 3 of them which took down 2 pacifista. Jinbe entering the crew could cause several disturbances to boot. Jinbe right now could easily be stronger or equal to luffy meaning he could not even question luffy's position in the crew but also take zoro's place in the crew (zoro is basically first mate, at least was second strongest and is the next person in command when luffy can't make a decision). Its not like there is any position jinbe could actually fill in the crew either.... At least for me a monster trio without sanji or a monster trio where luffy is not a part of it is outright horrible. For me the ideal scenario the manga could follow right now is that very soon luffy, zoro and sanji are established as jinbe's superiors and jinbe would complete second fighting trio alongside brook and franky(and to boot I would honestly prefer franky to remain the fourth strongest in the crew but that is not that important lol).

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't See Any problem or disturbance with him joining, he's a calm guy ... If they get into a fight I think he'll be the last one to jump in (After the Monster Trio of course) IMHO

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would Jinbe care for the structue of the crew, he respects them for what they are, if anything he would be the calm type, chilling with Robin, and training FK at times. Zorros and Luffys positions are unquestioned and wont be.

This should be enough evidence that helmsman/stern handler is a real position.
    Last edited by Schabrak; December 03, 2011 at 08:09 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to throw in that Luffy and Jinbe had an "antagonistic" relationship during the course of the FI arc, their fight which is a symbol for antagonists joining Luffy's crew, or indeed that "Fight with Luffy" that some in the current crew line up had for example Usopp. So as far as a fight with the captain goes Jinbe has that as well.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Helmsman is a real position but why would jinbe be it? We saw him at the helm of the battleship once during the war and that is it. No innate talent at it has ever been implied on his part for such a position.

Now, I am not saying that jinbe would suddenly try and take over luffy's position but if luffy's superiority to him is not implied why should the rest follow? Zoro in particular would be an issue here. He agreed to follow luffy and would go to any lengths to follow him but only under the condition that he does not get in the way of his dream (the promise under which he joined which I doubt he is going to break) and that luffy is fit for his job (for example, if luffy had simply readmitted ussop to the crew without a proper apology he would have fought everyone and leave). In this regard, if jinbe proves to be more capable or stronger than luffy, wouldn't there be issues here? Another interesting question is whether it makes sense for jinbe to be a part of the crew is the man on he is supposed to count on is weaker than himself... Then again, it is surprising enough that jinbe would stop protecting fishman island to follow luffy to begin with so who knows.

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a crazy idea that instead of Jinbe, Shirahoshi joins on the count that Jinbe suggests to Luffy that she is younger and perhaps would aid him more. Though Jinbe doesn't not know of her ability to summon the sea kings? Well no doubt he knows I can not remember if he saw when she summoned them years ago? And she may aid Luffy with her power in finding One Piece, who knows maybe sea kings need to be summoned in order for One Piece to be discovered? It will tie in with the history, void century part of the story as well perhaps?

But the only problem with this is the set up, I mean Jinbe did volunteer to give Luffy blood, so did the princess but STRANGELY she was not his blood type, so is Oda wanted her from the get go he would have made her be the one to give him blood, so in the aspect of ruining the final scene and the bond part with Jinbe and Luffy's blood transfusion scene it will not tie in good.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

JInbe does know of her ability, pretty much everyone seems to know. SHirahoshi even told her that she did not know if she could do it (before she actually did it). Shirahoshi herself would be of no help to the crew and her actual ability is too hax. I would argue that control of the seas is more than luffy would want or need on his crew. Even then, he keeps calling her weakhoshi so I doubt he would accept her if she asked.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    In this regard, if jinbe proves to be more capable or stronger than luffy, wouldn't there be issues here?
    The question is rather, why would Oda write such a scenario if it creates an issue ?
    Quote Quote:
    Another interesting question is whether it makes sense for jinbe to be a part of the crew is the man on he is supposed to count on is weaker than himself... Then again, it is surprising enough that jinbe would stop protecting fishman island to follow luffy to begin with so who knows.
    I don't think that strength is the only reason why the Strawhat follow Luffy. Friendship, ideal are as much important. I think that Luffy has proven JInbei that he is someone worthy of being a captain and be followed plenty of time already.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Jinbei can still refuse the offer. I see him equivalent to Vivi. I don't see him fitting well among the strawhats (they are all nuts & Jinbei seems sane). If he joins, I don't get it. I don't question his strength even if the fact that he should normally no longer progress bugs me. But I don't see how he will interract with the others. I guess he can have some experience in the new world and that way, the strawhats can be warned of some dangers ... but I don't want the strawhats to be warned of anything. It's an adventure and Luffy normally don't want to know what is ahead.

In fact, if Jinbei joins, the only possible way for me to find him interesting is that he change completely ... and that wouldn't be coherent. If he doesn't change, he would just be an annoying version of Robin: calm but without her emotionless funny reactions

In conclusion, please don't join.
    Last edited by zelllogan; December 04, 2011 at 07:13 AM.

Thread Closed
Page 77 of 134 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 ... LastLast