Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 95 of 134 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2003

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

I never said Luffy would stop after inviting Jinbe. Quite frankly, I hope he asks more people to join. I'd like to see the Straw Hats have a large number before they reach the end of the Grand Line.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Aokiji might join the SHP. They aren't really enemies, and from the looks of it Aokiji isn't really against SHP's ideals the way Akainu is. He believes in good, but not the rigid way Akainu does. I could see him joining and fitting in with SHP, who probably needs more powerful crewmates in the New World.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I think Aokiji might join the SHP. They aren't really enemies, and from the looks of it Aokiji isn't really against SHP's ideals the way Akainu is. He believes in good, but not the rigid way Akainu does. I could see him joining and fitting in with SHP, who probably needs more powerful crewmates in the New World.
    I don't see he fits any role in SHP. While you can always argue that if Jinbe joining, he would become a symbol of unification between human and fishman

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I think he would fit better with the revolutionaries, since they are more "good" than Pirates. I don't see become a pirate and actually rather see him do justice with or without the Marines and WG (:
    Brook wanted: DEAD OR ALIVE!
    Yohohohohohohoho! Marine Joke!

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

SHP are different kinds of pirates though. Aokiji knows that SHP are good or at least, differnet kind of pirates. They aren't after destroying things, and considering what SHP did for Robin, and what Luffy did for Ace, Aokiji knows that they're not a bad group. Though Aokiji could join RA, he can join SHP as well. SHP doesn't really hurt people, just bad guys.

Aokiji can be symbol of how different SHP is from other pirates. If Aokiji, someone who believes in justice, joins a band of pirates, that says a lot about SHP.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't really imagine Aokiji joining the Strawhats, no matter his sense of justice I can not imagine him wanting to join criminals, as he likely would see pirates. I think it more likely that he, as well as Garp, would aid the Strawhats in a later arc even if he does not actually join the crew. I also expect that he will ally with Luffy when the World Government declares war on the Pirate King.

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I don't see he fits any role in SHP. While you can always argue that if Jinbe joining, he would become a symbol of unification between human and fishman
    When they shared a cell in Impel Down, Ace asked Jinbe if he could protect Luffy after his execution. Jinbe responded that he can not say yes until he knows Luffy is a man he respects. After Ace's death, when Jinbe was tasked with bringing the unconscious Luffy to safety, he reminisced about Ace's words. Having witnessed Luffy's bravery at Marineford, Jinbe believed that protecting Luffy would be the best way to honor Ace's memory. That is why he accepted Luffy's offer, and will join the Strawhats as soon as his obligations to Big Mam have been severed.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

We all know that Jinbei will join its besically confirmed and with Luffy waging war on Big Mama it doesnt get any clearer than that.

Aokiji is far too strong for the crew, and though he would IMO fit in well with the relaxed nature they all have. But he would make Luffy look weak. Unless Luffy is for some reason Admiral level now.

I want Law and Bonney to join them. Law is highly unlikely but Bonney IMO would be a great addition. Would probably make the other girls train more to not be left out.
    She would also provide a lot of comic relief being around people like Luffy. I wonder how many members will be in the Straw hats and if there will be any ranks
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

May I repeat again as a fanboy that now I definitely want Kinemon to join the SHs? I really love the idea of 1,2,3 swords :O
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    May I repeat again as a fanboy that now I definitely want Kinemon to join the SHs? I really love the idea of 1,2,3 swords :O
    He hasnt displayed much to attribute his worth tbh and he doesnt look like he is strong enough. IMO he would be a waste of space if nothing else. I dont see where he would disappear to though but i dont think he would be too fond of the Alliance that Luffy and Law currently have.

Like i said above, Bonney would be the best addition after Jinbei. They are both Strong, Jinbei being around Luffys level and Bonney would add more dynamic to the crew and a lot of comical moments. Those are my dream 2 (realistic ones)

Unrealistic ones would be Law and Kuzan.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Kinemon should be as strong as Bonney. And we still did not see the reach of his fruit. I'm kinda interested on it, I'm desperately waiting for a serius fight to figure it out.

And I don't know, Jimbei before was an unrealistic choice (I remember all those posts, people) and ended to be true.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy hasn't seen Kinemon using his magic yet. How do you judge his strength? We have yet to see do something that Zorro can. :P And even if it was a joke[ghost story] with Brook running away from his torso, but it might be a hint to his full potential.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Well, Kinemon should be as strong as Bonney. And we still did not see the reach of his fruit. I'm kinda interested on it, I'm desperately waiting for a serius fight to figure it out.

And I don't know, Jimbei before was an unrealistic choice (I remember all those posts, people) and ended to be true.

Kinemons DF seems completely pointless in battle. And Bonney should be stronger than him. I dont know why he would be as strong as she is.

I would much rather Bonney than Kinemon. She is smexy

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, He must be at least above Brook. He can cut fire, for god sake. If that's not enough to make a preliminary judgement about him, I don't know what could.
    And Bonney has a DF that it's useful but also kinda dull for battle. If you can avoid it by Haki, it shouldn't be an actual problem to defeat her.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    I dont know why he would be as strong as she is.
    Could you explain your train of thought for that conclusion based on what we have seen of each character? Aside from Bonney being a female.^^ She has yet to show that she's capable of fighting strong character, aside from rejuvenating/agings fodder characters around her, she's done nothing noteworthy yet.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Could you explain your train of thought for that conclusion based on what we have seen of each character? Aside from Bonney being a female.^^ She has yet to show that she's capable of fighting strong character, aside from rejuvenating/agings fodder characters around her, she's done nothing noteworthy yet.
    Though not exactly a valid argument but she is considered one of the Super novas and though a bounty doesnt always equal strength she still has quite a huge bounty.

Kinemons DF seems pretty useless though, creating clothes and though he seems to be a good swordsman he still IMO pales in comparison to Brook and Zoro from what we have seen.

I want Bonney for the simple reasons that she appears to be fun and could add to the dynamic of the crew both personality and fighting wise.

Edit: gone to sleep. Gnite.

Thread Closed
Page 95 of 134 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast