Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fistsofrage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 599 Discussion / 600 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by luffyq1 View Post
    I hope the next crew member is a Logia type devil fruit user, that would be pretty cool.
    I think logia's have been over done. I'm not saying that logia's aren't awesome, but if the strawhats started adding logia's or becoming logia's it would seem as though they were buying into the marines idea that logia equals ultimate power (ex. admirals) and I'd rather they got other devil fruit powers that were more interesting than nature powers.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Me2Ecchi's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 599 Discussion / 600 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by narengan View Post
    jinbei would be awesome, a fishman would definitely fit to them. they have enough DF user, and they will meet jinbei on FI that's for sure. so why not, and if it's not jinbei perhaps another fishman
    i would prefer if it was jimbei apprentice or some fishman from jimbei dojo. Would be nice to see someone new with jimbei karate fish skills

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Now that we're in a new thread...Could we change the poll? I really hate this one.

And well, as I said before i?ve high hopes for a Fishman Island dude. If not, I want Jewerly Bonney in. I think She also has some chances to join due her personality and previous interactions (More than Perona and Hancok, if you ask me)
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Well, i don't presume to speak for anybody apart from myself but i see Jimbei as someone who could potentially bring some experience into to the crew. He certainly isn't going to be goofy like Usopp, Luffy, Franky, Chopper, Sanji, Brook, and occasionally Nami but he could serve as the straight man in the various comedy routines like Zoro often does.

To be honest i'm not nearly as enamored of fishman karate as some fans seem to be, but if they do get a fishman karate user he seems like just about the best option around. It seems like anybody else would just be a step down from the "Knight of the Sea".

---------------

I think Hancock is not going to be joining at this point. That ship has sailed unless she decides to stalk him across the seas(which would not be out of character for her)

As much as i love Boa and wish she had joined, i think i'm actually more interested in Jewelry Bonney right now anyway, even though that one also seems like a huge longshot.
    luffy is a step down from shanks, zoro is a stwp down from mihawk, sanji is a step down from ivankov, usopp is a step down from yassop, frankie is a step down from kuma, and so on.

the thing is the strawhats have so much more room to grow even after the skip. jinbei is 2 much of a veteran to join the crew. he has been to the new world several times and knows what its like. with him there, it would take away from the aventure because he would know a lot thats going on.

they need someone who is green like them, that doesnt know anything about the new world.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I still believe that a fishman (or possibly even a mermaid) is highly likely for this crew.

The Straw Hats are going to Fishman Island at some point of their journey (it is the pathway to the New World).

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    luffy is a step down from shanks, zoro is a stwp down from mihawk, sanji is a step down from ivankov, usopp is a step down from yassop, frankie is a step down from kuma, and so on.

the thing is the strawhats have so much more room to grow even after the skip. jinbei is 2 much of a veteran to join the crew. he has been to the new world several times and knows what its like. with him there, it would take away from the aventure because he would know a lot thats going on.

they need someone who is green like them, that doesnt know anything about the new world.
    The strawhats are no longer "green". Not even close. They just spent 2 years getting strong enough to go forward. That is not likely to happen again.

Nobody "green" has joined since Chopper. Everybody who joined since him has had well developed skills before joining the crew(Brook was even a pirate captain). Then they all had a timeskip to bring their potential along even further. Anybody who joins now is going to have to be strong enough to stand with the best without the benefit of timeskips.
    Last edited by Jammin; October 11, 2010 at 05:00 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DARK View Post
    I still believe that a fishman (or possibly even a mermaid) is highly likely for this crew.

The Straw Hats are going to Fishman Island at some point of their journey (it is the pathway to the New World).
    im not sexist, but its going to sound like it. i cant see another female joining. excluding the kuja pirates, we have not seen more than 2 females in a crew and i dont think that will change. robin and nami are enough.

frankie is now the tallest member of the crew. brook is 8'8", and chopper is a bout the size frankie use to be and he was 7'4" before the skip. i think they need another big guy. since most of the fishman we have seen are pretty big guys.

h

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Jimbei or Fisher Tiger had a son? A Fishman that wants to be the strongest Fishman in the world, hot tempered, strong and always bites off more than he can chew. He can be the lifeguard for the df users. Gets onto the crew as a special request from Jimbei to Luffy...

I've always loved the idea of Perona joining, she seems to get on with Zoro well, her fruit is unique and potentially powerful. I don't see it being overpowered as I doubt it would affect Haki users too well. She is also a great souvenir from the Thriller Bark arc, though they already got Brook from that arc. I guess if she is not on SA then she wont become part of the crew, however I would never write off the idea of her joining the crew at later stage especially if there is a Kaidou arc.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The strawhats are no longer "green". Not even close. They just spent 2 years getting strong enough to go forward. That is not likely to happen again.

Nobody "green" has joined since Chopper. Everybody who joined since him has had well developed skills before joining the crew(Brook was even a pirate captain). Then they all had a timeskip to bring their potential along even further. Anybody who joins now is going to have to be strong enough to stand with the best without the benefit of timeskips.
    when i say green, i mean green to the new world.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BlindMunkey's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah that is a given. besides alotta of us believe the next crew will be from NW so he will be strong enough to stand his ground.

@ chess4 no doubt i also believe it will be a male instead of female new crew addition.

an idea of that someone being recommended by jimbei isnt half bad. i just wonder where he will fit in the crew. i dont suppose monster trio will be disturbed and i also believe franky is fairly strong now to be just a support. it will be interesting how ODA fits in the new member.

P.S. off topic with ussop's new weapon he can easily give footing on water to someone like luffy and etc.
    Last edited by BlindMunkey; October 11, 2010 at 09:45 PM.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, we all agree that Jinbei is going to be waiting for him on FI. Is there any that disagree?
    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/98271344/9

I personally believe that a daughter/son of Jinbei is going to join the SH. It is his way of helping Luffy survive in the future. Maybe they will have some kind of telepathy with Jinbei. ( That would be interesting.)

I also have this sneaky suspicion that a friend in the name of Sabo is going to be coming back.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be pretty interesting to see Jimbei's son, but also there are plenty of different possibilities among the fishman as there are many types of fish.
    It would be interesting to see Sabo, maybe even in the crew. But in fact I think he is dead or is in RA. Though it won't be bad to see him in the crew.
    About Jewerly Boney... it would be really funny, cause her DF ability is not only unique, but also rather funny as it is. It's not strong, but it's rather SH. Her character is just like Zoro's. So they will feat each other well

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

A new crewmate with a twist, that they have been sent to the SH to sell em out to the Navy,one of the unknown piratelords perhaps? You know, its good story ^^^

And as i have seen the recruting of Luffy to be a pirateship station, as the other members have now. Insted of characters we allready know, what does the SH`s need to thier crew is what im thinking about, and i really dont see it at this point in time :P

A bustboy perhaps, hehe. But really i dont see a new SH. I se a crap load of allies, and the SH perhaps fight a whole arch beside another cew, etc.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    About Jewerly Boney... it would be really funny, cause her DF ability is not only unique, but also rather funny as it is. It's not strong, but it's rather SH. Her character is just like Zoro's. So they will feat each other well
    Well...She's quite strong if you ask me. The highest female bounty and a supernova, captain of a crew that passed trough Grand Line until they reached Shabondy.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I hope it won't be Perona, though it would be interesting in some way. Though it would be a bit too powerful addition for the crew, because her ability is rather hax.
    About fishman... it would be great to see a fishman who is flying fish. It would be funny and also very useful for the crew. Because they will be able to dominate sea and air.
    Well in Perona's defense, Luffy can currently blink and wipe-out an entire crew. I think her ability could be looked at differently after the 2 year brake.

That said, if she did show up on SA it wouldn't be till after Zoro was introduced. If Zoro brought her she would be after him, that's sort of how stories are normally told.

Though I want her to join, I think she'll stay with the monkeys. The only thing missing from her "dream" was having servants, and with them shell have them. She would have to leave her dream to join a bunch of people she doesn't know.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast