Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 89 of 134 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2003

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Quote Originally Posted by beck26 View Post
    im not predicting...but it would be cool if the strawhats have a shandian (a funny one that uses dials--especially reject) and a viking (oda loves vikings) on the crew....plus an ex-marine.

a rubberman, former pirate hunter, former thief, a cowardice liar, a perverted pirate apprentice, a monster, a former enemy,a cyborg and a skeleton. doesnt get any diverse than that.

a guy from the sky (shandian) a guy from the ocean (fishman) a guy who is an ancient type of pirate (viking) and a guy on justice side (ex-marine) would complete the diversity.

not to mention kinemon of firefox , a guy stucked with old traditions and came from a secluded island.

its better than filling the ship with monsters because chopper already IS a monster.

Isn`t that Urouge guy a skypean, he do have respect for zoro and he did aknowlege Luffys strenght becouse he had Zoro under him.. and that lightning island calls for adventure
    Sorry for my Engrish...

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Strangely enough lately, I've started to think that their won't be any new addition to the crew. Instead it will just be people helping during one saga but no longer. Like Jimbei in FI, and so many others before.
    Why I think that, is because, every time Oda adds new members, it means that he will have to draw larger panel to fit them all in, add some opponent for them so that they get to take part in decent fight, every time it means that the saga get's longer to tell just because he has so much more to fit in it because of the expansion of the crew. If you try to compare adventures when the SH were just 5 (Don Krieg, and Arlong), it took much less chapter to tell those stories than it does now simply because Oda has so much more to put in, just for the 4 extra member. That's why I think there probably won't be any more real new crew member, just occasional extra like Jimbei.
    My One Piece Predictions

Spoiler show

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

actually i read a forum where it was said that uruoge is a good candidate as the next nakama.

1. shandian (one they didnt got in skypiea)
    2. it is theorized that uruoge got the "niku-niku no mi".....which practically completes the 1-10 number coding of strawhat devil fruit users (ni-2, ku-9)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

im not predicting...but it would be cool if the strawhats have a shandian (a funny one that uses dials--especially reject) and a viking (oda loves vikings) on the crew....plus an ex-marine.

a rubberman, former pirate hunter, former thief, a cowardice liar, a perverted pirate apprentice, a monster, a former enemy,a cyborg and a skeleton. doesnt get any diverse than that.

a guy from the sky (shandian) a guy from the ocean (fishman) a guy who is an ancient type of pirate (viking) and a guy on justice side (ex-marine) would complete the diversity.
    I'm inclined to agree with you on having a fishman join. And if all goes well, there will be one joining soon. Luffy will probably have surpassed Jinbe's strength when he brings down Big Mam.

As for a shandian joining, I don't know. As much as alot of people are saying, Urouge is out as he's one of Luffy's rivals. However, if Oda does troll us and actually have one of the Supernovas join the Straw Hats, well, I'll be eating crow.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, my issue with brownbeard joining is that he is not worth a damn. He could do nothing against the rookies back in the day and now he is a crippled with crocodile legs. I don't think he would have a chance in hell against any of the strawhats nowadays.... Without abilities, skills or intelligence he is a guy who cannot possible contribute to the crew.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My reasoning for Brownbeard not being a candidate was that he lost to Luffy's group easily.

Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

actually i read a forum where it was said that uruoge is a good candidate as the next nakama.

1. shandian (one they didnt got in skypiea)
    2. it is theorized that uruoge got the "niku-niku no mi".....which practically completes the 1-10 number coding of strawhat devil fruit users (ni-2, ku-9)
    my reasoning was that they needed cliche musclehead to complete the circle
    Sorry for my Engrish...

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Brownbeard is not a candidate IMO . I mean he's weak and his personality sucks + he doesn't have a strong character like a SH should have . I don't see a SH touch on him at all

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro is a musclehead using swords, Chopper is to a big part a musclehead when he's fighting in some of his RPs and Franky looks like a prototype musclehead with his immense body, so why would they need Urouge in the crew?
    Firm but Fair

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh i also don't think Urouge is a good candidate. And there's another thing ...i don't think either of the SN will want to leave their captain position to join Luffy's crew . They must have their pride as fellow rookies

Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Zoro is a musclehead using swords, Chopper is to a big part a musclehead when he's fighting in some of his RPs and Franky looks like a prototype musclehead with his immense body, so why would they need Urouge in the crew?
    I agree that they are all strong but i sayed "CLICHE" musclehead. steroid pumped, self tanned mountain of a man...
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoronoa Roro
    Like this guy!? Franky is that very person you described there, just that he had nearly no showtime at Fishman Island actiing literally as a tank or mecha in the most important situations.
    Spoiler: Pre/Post Timeskip show

He's a cola pumped, tanned mountain of a man.
    Last edited by Schabrak; April 30, 2012 at 04:34 PM.
    Firm but Fair

Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

but cyborg and not chliche
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd suspect beyond Jinbe, there are few characters we know of who could become Nakama.. I'd guess we will meet someone new, Maybe from Wano, or Elbaf..?
    Who knows... I wish Aokiji would join, but that's just dreaming....

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I don't think that it's imposible for Supernovas to join Mugivaras. For example, we have Bonnie who lost her crew and is held in custody by WG, so she might be a candidate under some conditions of course.
    About Jimbei... it seems that he will join, but the question is when? We don't know if it will be in the next Arc or later, cause we don't know when or if Luffy will fight Big Mom.

Also as many've said it would be great to see a giant in the crew. Maybe some small giant. And maybe a dwarf, if they exist here.

Thread Closed
Page 89 of 134 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 ... LastLast