Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 120 of 134 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2003

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Isnt brook gross enough for that (can you show me your panties ) … Or franky who runs around in Panty himself .,….

Bartolomeo sounds cool… But don’t know why he seems like little off… When he first got introduced… and he also has a first mate so why will he leave that aside for whom he kicked a VA’s ass just like that… I also thought that he might be a cool guy to be on the ship/// But right now don't know why but he doesn't give that impression anymore…. In fact none of the new character gives such impression for now ..

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Rebecca doesn't necessarily need to be strong. She just needs to add her own use to the group, like how Nami added her smarts and mastery over the weapon rod to hers. As long as Rebecca has a way of winning fights, like Usopp's sniping and Kabuto or Chopper's monster mode, she can still be with Strawhats.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Rebecca having a way to win fights is basically the same as being strong though. Enemies in the new world have to be extremely powerful and for rebecca to be a relevant crewmember she needs to have some degree of strength just as all the other strawhats. I guess she could be powerful but considering she was bullied by that guy luffy beat up in the not too long along I don't think she is all that much. So far it seems she is a gladiator so she has to be strong enough to hold her ground in physical fights in the new world. It does not seem she has what it takes IMO. She is basically another margaret IMO.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

But she could have something else up her sleeve, a devil fruit power or something. Wasn't fighting not allowed when they weren't in the match? Forgot if she was bullied in the match or out of the match. but to be honest, Nami could get bullied badly too but still beat the guy because of her intelligence and weather rod.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess is that the SH pirates will end up with 11 people at the end. In the first chapter, Luffy said that he hopes to recruit at least 10 people and I leaning towards that foreshadowing the total number of SH pirates at t the end. I could really see Bartolomeo fitting in comically with the SH Pirates. The only problem is that he has his own crew.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Luffy said he wanted 10 crew members and Oda usually has stuck to things he had in place Early in the Manga. Originally Oda wanted this manga to be only 5 years but had to detour when the stroy started evolving. Anyway, Jinbe is definite lock to join the crew, so that leaves one slot left. With all the great characters in this arc, it is a high probability that they will get another member here.

As it stands right now, Kinemon seems the most likely, but Rebecca may have a chance to. I think power wise if kinemon joined, he would slide right in and not disrupt the crew strength. If Rebecca joins, I think she will definitely hve the flame fruit, I cant see her being stong enough without it

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    I cant see her being stong enough without it
    You only need to be useful to join SH's though. Being strong has never once been a requirement.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Useful is just about the same as strong thought. Just look at the ennies lobby arc, even nami and chopper defeated a CP9 each and they were perhaps the least of the strawhats. Each member has to be able to bring something to the crew, that is true, however they also must be strong enough to be relevant in fights in the new world. Luffy is going for pirate king and his current crewmembers along with whoever else joins in the future will be the main crewmembers of the pirate king. Anyone who joins has to at the bare minimum have the potential to have a standing in the world similar to that of the commanders in WB's crew. Unless the strawhats get a cabbing boy in which case he simply has to outlive the strawhats to be awesome in the future kinda like shanks or to a lesser more confusing extent buggy.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Nami wasn't strong enough to fight Mr. 2's partner or even Kalifa, but she won because she was intelligent and had the weather rod. Usopp won his fights by standing tall and using his weapons/sniper skills. Apart from Monster Trio and Capable Trio, the rest don't have to be as capable of fighting as they should be capable of winning.

Also, what proof do we have that REbecca is genuinely weak and not pretending?

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO the question is: What crew role is lacking yet?

- Luffy: leader & puncher.
    - Zoro: guard & slasher
    - Nami: navigator & thief
    - Usopp: handyman & shooter
    - Sanji: cooker & kicker
    - Chopper: physician & berserker (Dr Jekill & Mr Hyde)
    - Robin: worldly-wise fugitive & world-expert historian (Assassin & Spy)
    - Franky: shipwright & inventor (Frankenstein)
    - Brook: musician & enchanter (Pied Piper of Hamelin)

IMO, there are all kinds of fight skills (puncher, slasher, kicker, berserker) and all kinds of knowledge which can be useful on-board and also out-board.

What useful roles lacking could two more crewmen have?
    Last edited by alelucas; May 14, 2013 at 09:52 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MaZa's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

someone from the tournament with the mera mera no mi

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Prince Of Tennis Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Useful is just about the same as strong thought. Just look at the ennies lobby arc, even nami and chopper defeated a CP9 each and they were perhaps the least of the strawhats. Each member has to be able to bring something to the crew, that is true, however they also must be strong enough to be relevant in fights in the new world. Luffy is going for pirate king and his current crewmembers along with whoever else joins in the future will be the main crewmembers of the pirate king. Anyone who joins has to at the bare minimum have the potential to have a standing in the world similar to that of the commanders in WB's crew. Unless the strawhats get a cabbing boy in which case he simply has to outlive the strawhats to be awesome in the future kinda like shanks or to a lesser more confusing extent buggy.
    There is having strength, and being strong.
    Being useful is not the same as being strong.
    There is no guarantee we will constantly be getting one-on-one situations like in Alabasta and Enies Lobby.
    Since new members will just become strong later on as they join because that's what always happens with the SH's.

Whether the new member is currently strong or not is irrelevant since Oda will improve them when the time comes.
    Chopper, Usopp and Nami all perfect examples.

Quote Originally Posted by alelucas View Post
    IMO the question is: What crew role is lacking yet?

- Luffy: leader & puncher.
    - Zoro: guard & slasher
    - Nami: navigator & thief
    - Usopp: handyman & shooter
    - Sanji: cooker & kicker
    - Chopper: physician & berserker (Dr Jekill & Mr Hyde)
    - Robin: worldly-wise fugitive & world-expert historian (Assassin & Spy)
    - Franky: shipwright & inventor (Frankenstein)
    - Brook: musician & enchanter (Pied Piper of Hamelin)

IMO, there are all kinds of fight skills (puncher, slasher, kicker, berserker) and all kinds of knowledge which can be useful on-board and also out-board.

What useful roles lacking could two more crewmen have?
    Zoro isn't a guard. Slasher? He's a Swordsman. Zoro is basically the First mate.
    Sanji is the cook, it just so happens he is highly suited for combat, kicker isn't his role.
    Nami - Navigator, Usopp - Sniper,
    Robin - I don't know what she really does. Her Archeology seems rather unnecessary. She is only there out of Luffy's pity for her having nowhere to go. She is the only member Luffy didn't personally request to join the crew. He had no interest in her joining.
    Brook - Musician, Franky - Shipwright, Chopper - Doctor.

What's missing? The roles known in One Piece and I mean genuine roles that exist in various crews are First Mate (Zoro is the First mate but he's never been referred as that)
    Helsmann (Occasionally Chopper, Sanji or Franky), Assassin (Robin is an Assassin so I guess that's her role)
    and that's it.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I agree, most strawhats probably won't have a specific enemy each arc. We have already seen that to some extent.... Franky's only real enemy since ennies lobby has been that fishman guy and robin hasn't had a specific enemy since then at all. So let me rephrase that, potential crewmembers have to be strong and useful to the crew with the useful part (as in fulfilling a specific role) being the one that can be done without to some extent. I don't however believe a crewmember can join at this point and become strong later on. The whole point of the 2 year timeskip was to give time to the strawhats to become strong enough to deal with the dangers of the new world. Just look at how many strong people at fighting at the tournament right now.... The new world is filled with people who could basically clobber the combined pre time skip strawhats easily, luffy can't afford to have someone unable to fight on his own. Granted not all the strawhats have to be able to take on admirals however I would argue there is a bare minimum for them currently so to speak.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see why any potential crewmember NEEDS to fulfill a specific role other than simply being a strong fighter and helping out with the everday stuff. The SH Pirates lack firepower. Even if some of them are really, really strong, they are not many. Sooner or later, they will need more adept fighters to rely on. Jinbei will most likely become one of those.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The next crew members, including Jinbe, will probably be Division Commanders. I could see the Strawhats having four divisions, not including the Sunny itself: The Pirates liberating from Hodi Jones, the Sun Pirates (once Jinbe joins), and then two new crews. Zoro will be named First Division Commander. Jinbe would also be a division Commander. I still think Law joins the crew at the end of the saga, with the Heart Pirates becoming one of the new divisions. I kind of would like Cavendish to join too, with his crew becoming the fourth division. The Division Commanders would travel on the Sunny, as part of Luffy's crew. The rest would be stationed protecting various territories, only appearing when necessary. This would keep the main cast to twelve characters, while still allowing the Strawhats to expand into a big crew. Jinbe already has agreed to join, even though he is already Captain of his own crew. Something would have to be done with the Sun Pirates. This is the best way I can think of.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 120 of 134 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 ... LastLast