Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 121 of 134 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2003

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    The next crew members, including Jinbe, will probably be Division Commanders. I could see the Strawhats having four divisions, not including the Sunny itself: The Pirates liberating from Hodi Jones, the Sun Pirates (once Jinbe joins), and then two new crews. Zoro will be named First Division Commander. Jinbe would also be a division Commander. I still think Law joins the crew at the end of the saga, with the Heart Pirates becoming one of the new divisions. I kind of would like Cavendish to join too, with his crew becoming the fourth division. The Division Commanders would travel on the Sunny, as part of Luffy's crew. The rest would be stationed protecting various territories, only appearing when necessary. This would keep the main cast to twelve characters, while still allowing the Strawhats to expand into a big crew. Jinbe already has agreed to join, even though he is already Captain of his own crew. Something would have to be done with the Sun Pirates. This is the best way I can think of.
    Well for my taste and for how I see One Piece till now- how Oda is dealing with Strawhats and their strength in unity... It was same with Roger, it looks same way with Shanks who already is Emperor.
    I cant see any divisions forming. While allied crews are possibility, divisions-thus splitting crew are not. Sun pirates can be allies but I cant picture Jinbe actually joining strawhats, Im in a camp of people thinking that he might die before he joins crew as Luffys underling.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    I don't see why any potential crewmember NEEDS to fulfill a specific role other than simply being a strong fighter and helping out with the everday stuff. The SH Pirates lack firepower. Even if some of them are really, really strong, they are not many. Sooner or later, they will need more adept fighters to rely on. Jinbei will most likely become one of those.
    Strong fighter is not a necessary role for SHP but the Monster Trio to fulfill. By role, I mean something that would make them dangerous, like Nami's brains and weather rod. Everyone in SHP adds something to the crew - whether Brook's music or Robin's knowledge. Nami was able to beat Kalifa not because she was strong, but she was smart and used what she had to her advantage. Usopp was able to save Robin not because he was strong, but he was one of the best snipers. That's the kind of role a SHP member would need to fill without needing to be powerful. So as long as potential crewmember has an ability that helps him/her win, I don't see hwy he can't join.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    I don't see why any potential crewmember NEEDS to fulfill a specific role other than simply being a strong fighter and helping out with the everday stuff. The SH Pirates lack firepower. Even if some of them are really, really strong, they are not many. Sooner or later, they will need more adept fighters to rely on. Jinbei will most likely become one of those.
    Fine. Ignore the forumula in which every SH has joined the crew. All of them filling a role upon arrival.
    The SH's combat unit is the Monster Trio.
    Since the start of the series whenever the SH's need to get stronger, Oda just makes them stronger. Someone joining purely for combat at this stage would be really weird.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Hey guys i'm new in this forum just for one thing. who will ne the new sh ? my opinion ?

i wish it will be Bartolomeo ... why ? cause hes a bully, rude , pissing into the water at the fight in the arena . all these things... he would be perfectly fit into the straw hat crew. hes ugly, very strong, they could need an ugly guy , hes looking like a monster, a vampire . just think about it he would be pissing off the sunny , arguing with ruffy all the time cause hes a bully he would perfectly fits into the crew. I dont think that jinbe will join cause we know him too well, it have to be an unknown aaand i think hes to serious for the strawhats, everyone if sunny on his own way , jimbei is too serious, too grumpy pls tell me what you think about this and sry for my english, coming from germany but OP is the best anime and I HAVE TO know who will be the next SH .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A dwarf, considering the chapter discussion post... but they make sense
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Vampy's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

So many people in this list who do not make any sense for being a possible candidate for a Straw-Hat pirate.\

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    Well for my taste and for how I see One Piece till now- how Oda is dealing with Strawhats and their strength in unity... It was same with Roger, it looks same way with Shanks who already is Emperor.
    I cant see any divisions forming. While allied crews are possibility, divisions-thus splitting crew are not. Sun pirates can be allies but I cant picture Jinbe actually joining strawhats, Im in a camp of people thinking that he might die before he joins crew as Luffys underling.

I thought of, Jinbe dying before as well but now I don't think that's the case.
    Don't forget that, Luffy said he won't let any of his friends die. That's like, Oda making a promise.

I'm quite sure you must have thought that, Big Mam might end up killing him, correct?

Well, this is how I see it. He will most likely be in trouble with her due to their promise/business being broken. He will fight along side, Luffy or possibly get captured. Luffy, normally rescues his crew mates from death and they give in their loyalty to him completely. Jinbe, among the SH's would look good and he fits in. Being a fish-men it would look good racial wise.

I don't think it would look right with, Luffy fighting a female even if it is as disgustingly ugly as, Big Mam.
    But because of her being so damn ugly that might make it actually look good...
    It probably sucks that, Luffy has to fight her. She might try to eat him or she might slobber all over him.

Also, the only people I see as candidates in the current arc to join the crew are.

-Bellamy (I thought he should have been forced to when he was first introduced) Among other reasons
    -Violet (I can't remember when but, Luffy said he wanted a dancer because pirates dance) Not sure if that was true
    -Kinemon/Momonosuke (Loyalty, swordsmen, Clothing DF, ETC)

All other candidates have no sense in them joining. Even,. Rebecca.
    Last edited by Vampy; June 26, 2013 at 09:03 AM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vampy View Post
    All other candidates have no sense in them joining. Even,. Rebecca.
    Last Panel:

Rebecca and the Toy Soldier are based upon the story of The Steadfast Tin Soldier which has 2 versions of endings.
    1 - The Tin Soldier is melted into the shape of a heart, the Ballerina perishes in the fire but her spangle remains.
    2 - The Villain is the one that dies in the fire, that villain is a Jack in the Box who are known to use Joker figurines.

Dressrosa has major influences from Hinduism, the term Yaksha from Jokers Epithet is from it, Hanuman can clearly be identified as Luffy, Ravana as Doflamingo. it even mentions the fire.
    Fact is, Hanuman crossed the sea from Ravanas Kingdom with a woman called Sita who was known for walking on fire.

Not to leave out, Sita was afraid to fall in Water, Devil Fruit users can't swim.

Heck the story even mentions a Rakshasa.
    Mean looking beings with two fangs sprouting from the top of their mouth and are said to be Cannibals.
    Last edited by Beatrice; June 26, 2013 at 05:01 PM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't count as a candidate if Luffy doesn't like nor met you. Idk how half you people come up with these candidates without that in mind. At this moment I see none.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ish3 View Post
    You don't count as a candidate if Luffy doesn't like nor met you. Idk how half you people come up with these candidates without that in mind. At this moment I see none.
    Quite sure Luffy met Rebecca.
    And look what we have already have in 1 chapter alone.
    Luffy and Rebecca are already on the same terms with the Kyros' Statue.
    Rebecca despises Doflamingo.
    Rebecca wants the Mera Mera - Luffy said it pisses him off if some stranger walks around with it.
    Luffy wants a Bronze Statue on his ship, that refers to Kyros to who Rebecca clearly has a link to.Let me remind you, Luffy also wanted a Musician and a Cook.
    The Bronze statue depicts an undefeated Gladiator- Sarcasm or not it's Gladiator Rebecca who was referred to as undefeated.
    Luffy happens to resemble the Kyros' statue of which Rebecca is fond of.

And what have we learned from the match ups?
    Rebecca who wants the Fire Fruit just happens to be grouped with a Pyromaniac.

Then we have learned that Rebecca and the Toy Soldier are inspired by the tale of the Steadfast Tin Soldier where fire plays a major role where both the soldier and the ballerina or the Joker Figure die by the fire.

Seeing the Hinduism references, we have a clear link of:
    Rebecca and Sol- Ballerina and Toy Soldier - Sita and Rama.

Sita and Rama test their love in a fire caused by a monkey, that monkey can:
    Change form - Gomu Gomu
    Destroy fear in his friends - Nakama
    Cannot enter Water - Devil Fruit negativity
    Can go small or giant - Gears
    Sex cannot effect him - Hancock can tell a tale
    Will cross the Ocean - .......

Thing is, Sita causes the fire to turn into Lotus, among others a symbolization for the heart.
    The Toy Soldier in the Fairy Tale melted into the shape of heart.
    And like I said, Hanuman carried Sita across the Ocean.

The Hinduism even mentions fairies,dwarves, a king that is a Maestro with Strings and the latest chapter reveal or hell, a mean being with two fangs sprouting from it's mouth said to be Cannibalistic.
    Besides, Lanka will be engulfed by fire - Fire in the Tale - Fire Fruit.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's still speculation. Unless he says it out his own mouth then I refuse to believe so. To me she's more of a trigger of his anger when he fights flamingo. I'm however more intrigued who he will give aces fruit to. Probably wont know who until near the end of the manga.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I've go a theory about recruiting new SH.
    First they are in NW, so they'll have to deal with super strong guys / armies, they must be much more.
    At the end of the story I bet there'll be almost twenty or something like that.

Now on Dressrosa, Luffy will make a lot of friend but I think at the end Momonosuke & Kinemon will join (but officially after Wanokuni) and also Wicca. Well it's Oda so that's complicated, but I'm sure now there will be more people to enter the crew than before.
    I don't see Barto, I don't see Violet, TOy soldier or Rebecca, but more a Gnome and also the dragon boy (i'm sure monomosuke is important).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see Momonosuke joining more than Kinemon. Maybe it's because a child as a new nakama would be more interesting than another swordman.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I cant see Oda having a brand new character into the crew. Most of the crew have been together for 13 years, so as the readers we have become invested into the characters. a brand new character will never be as beloved as the other members. Thats why the next member has to be someone already mentioned in the story The strawhats have had a couple of major events during their time. The first was saving Robin and the 2nd was there split on SA.

Jinbe is a perfect candidate because the other major event that Luffy went thorugh in losing his brother, Jinbe was there. Jinbe was a key characters for more than 2 years from the Jailbreak Saga through the Fishman Island arc Saga. With the other Strawhats out of the picture, Oda could focus on Jinbe and have the readers gain some attachment for him, so when he joins later on, it will be like an old crewmember coming back instead of a new member joining.

The only other person that we as the reader can have some attachment to is Possibly Sabo because we have seen his past and how he could be a significant part of Luffys life, Kinemon because it seems like he will be around for a whiile, and Law beacuse he will be around for a while also

Law has his own crew so he is not joining. Kinmeon is the only other real possibility outside of Sabo at the moment, but Kinemon is become dangerously similar to being like Vivi. I have a strange feeling that Kinemon is the Shogun of Wano Country, so he will not be able to join.

At this point, I think Jinbe is a lock to join, Kinemon still has the next best chance, and Sabo has an outside chance, plus who better to get the flame fruit than Sabo.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd bet for Violet, Rebecca and after Wano arc Kinemo and / or Momonosuke.

Violet because we had a chapter named Violet and that's a thing for only important characters in the arc or the hole story. And Sanji will want to bring her along :P

Rebecca because Oda is showing her a lot and she seems to like Luffy. She'll be late an ally, that's sure (if she doesn't die, but well...) but she can also be a nakama, let me explain why.
    - She met Luffy and they now ahve something in common (the statue and DD). Luffy heard that she wanted to kill DD, and he know this man can be dangerous. I think somehow Rebecca will see Luffy being attacked by DD's Family just after the round-C.
    -She saw Luffy's strenght and she knows who he is now, since she heard Cavendish talking about him.
    She may end up asking Luffy to help her and that's where he may see the history flashback, told by Rebecca.
    Well, then the hero will be FURIOUS against DD, will give the fruit to Reb and search for DD's ass to kick it tight.
    By giving her the Fruit he may ask her to join his crew and she'll accept under one condition that is her father and toy soldier would join too. Her father will refuse but the toy will come and I'm sure Luffy will be happy to have it

Kinemon / Momonosuke :
    I don't see Kinemon being a Shogun, it wouldn't make sence since nobody from Wano came to rescue him and he didn't have any of a Shogun's attitude I think. Momo playing Shogun would be from the fact that Kinemon is some sort of Noble/hight-ranked-samurai.
    We also know that Wanokuni is an independent country that even the marines avoid, and also that Kaidou IS related to Kinemon & Momonosuke.
    I imagine that Kaidou, with his new army of Zoan and some weapons, is trying to get over Wanokuni and make the samurai his fellows. It's not necessary to mention that Wano's people don't agree with it and so there is a war. Luffy kicking Kaidou's ass could make Momonosuke want to follow him, and maybe Kinemon too (he will follow Zoro and having been beat by him ^^).

For Jinbei I think it will come just after : Luffy will rescue him from BM, etc...

Anyway my thinking is that more crew member will join after the TS than before, so at the end of OP they would be around 20. So it implies that during his trip to Raftel he should make more or less 8 friends (and maybe 3-5 more before going wild on Marijoa). I speak about real crew mates, not Pirates like Law will be : an ally but not a nakama, just a friend as Vivi or Crocodile (even if pathes are differents :P).

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think Oda will put 3-5 new members in the crew. You say no one came to rescue Kinemon. Remember all that has happened since Punk Hazard has happened in a couple of weeks. Kinemon his son and 2 other Samurai left to go do something, so I dont think his people would have cause for concern.

Rebecca is not joining, she wants revenge against doflamingo and i think she will get in by the end fo the arc. You say because he is showing her a lot, well Shirohoshi was shown a a lot Violet is a possibility but I highly doubt she will join.

I think Jinbe will join before they take on Kaido. Outside of Jinbe It could be a number of possibilites.

Thread Closed
Page 121 of 134 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 ... LastLast