Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 123 of 134 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2003

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    We all know that Jinbe is going to join the crew at some point, and it is highly likely that after he joins only one more member will join. Based on what Luffy said at the beginning of the story. It can be a a lot of different people who will join. I personally think the Strawhats dont look tough enough. If you remember Shanks crew from Marineford, that had a certain nasty look to them, like real pirates. Jinbe look pretty tough, I just hope the last one has a tough look to them.

For a moment picture Jinbe and Vergo(though I know vergo will never join) standing with the STrawhats, They would look really badass. Anyway I dont know know what Oda has planned, I just hope its not a lame character.

I also think that Law will gain at least 1 new member during this arc and I think its Bellamy. He lost his crew, and after he fails to kill Luffy, the Doflamingo family will want nothing to do with him.

I beg to differ. Why should Jimbei be the last but one (9th)? Luffy said he wants at least 10 crew members which clearly implies ten or more. So even when the crew collects amount of ten + Luffy as captain, it is not given that there won't be any new crewmember in sight. Also, I can imagine how Oda will get flooded with questions after tenth folk joins. And I am sure he will let this openened, he would not just say the crew is full, would he? Hence, there can be more than 10 members + Luffy, that is what I want you to take in consideration.

In my personal opinion, crew will have 12 people + Luffy. Why? Because I kinda like this theory of recruitment.
    East Blue - Zoro (male), Nami (female), Usopp (male), Sanji (male)
    Grand Line - Chopper (despite of being animal, still a male), Robin (female), Franky (male), Brook (despite of being skeleton, still a male)
    New World - Male, female, male, male. One of them is Jimbei.

Since I think that Jimbei is going to join after Yonkou arc, I can image that 2 more people will join Luffy's crew before him, or even 3. So Jimbei could easily close up the crew, that it is.

Feel free to disagree, this is just my point of view though.

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I do disagree. We have seen several time were Oda has mentioned something in the story only to be brought back up in the story. Like Norland mentioning the Dwarves early in the manga and now them playing a role in the current arc, or when doflamingo said slavery is out and Smiles are in during the SA arc, and now they are playing a role in the current story. Luffy said he wants 10 people then is probably going to be 10.

The more people who join the harder it is to focus on each strawhat. The longer the story has gone on, the less attention each member has gotten. If 3 or 4 more people join, I think that would be a bit much. Remember every arc the Strawahats usually get help from the natives of each island they visit to help solve the problem for tha arc.

When they needed a small army to help rescue Robin, they had the Franky Family and the Gallery la, When Luffy wanted to Rescus ACe, he had the Impel Dwon prisoners, when they needed a bit of help on fishman Island, they got the 3 princes and Jinbe. When they take on their first Yonkou, they will have an army with them.

When they take on the first Yonkou, I think Jinbe will be there. They will need his help. I can see Jinbe breaking away from Bigmam before they take on Kaidou. Anyway, one more person will make it just right. I dont see a gang of people joining. Jinbe and 1 more is enough. Remember in the end, they will take on the Blackbeards, and the Blackbeard main crew has 11 total(counting BB himself and Stronger). It wouldnt be as epic if the Strawhats had 13 members and they tagged teamed on a BB member. The Strawhats have to have the strongest crew in the New World.

I cant see Oda just chucking in characters just for the sake of it

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

They don't have to be the strongest. There will always be rivals which can compete with them, for Luffy it will be Kid and Law probably, same as Smoker will always try to catch him without succes.

And yeah, I agree that Oda can not just bring in some character out of nowhere, yet the crewmembers have been together for some time so it's hard to imagine that someone would just join now but so what. As I said, there can be more than ten crewmembers + Luffy as the eleventh element, hence the captain.

Speaking of Blackbeard, his crew has 11 members including him? Wait.. Jaya Arc - Blackbeard, Van Auger, Laffite, that old kinda like dying man, Burgess. And then in ID he took Shiryuu, that big mountain-like guy, Catarine Devon, Vasco Shot, that oldie guy. Either I forgot someone or they only are 10 so far. Therefore it is possible that Blackbeard will recruit some people in New World yet, because as they are now, they are 10 including Blackbeard, however Luffy wants ten members - as you say, plus him as the 11th one. And here we are at my part again with a little added text. Luffy will recruit 4 people in total in New World, thus also Blackbeard will recruit 3 people to match the crews for final fights. 12 Strawhats + Luffy vs. Teach + 12 Kurohiges.

By the way, Big Mam is also Yonkou. I just had not made myself clear back there. I also share the opinion of seeing Big Mam going down before Kaidou. Well, Law's plan currently falling apart, isn't it? So why don't just add the Tamabakko Box back into the plot, show us how it explodes. Vivre Card from Lola burns and Law's plan goes totally awry with Strawhats going to help Lola's mum. That would be like few arcs after "Wipe out butts of Doflamingo and his people" arc.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I said the blackbeards have 11 if you include Stronger the horse. you said the Strawhats are going to get 4 more members, that a bit much after 16 years. I say 2 at best.

There is no need for a all those people. Blackbeard is a Yonkou and Burgess is the first divsion commander implying that they have a large crew. The strawhats are going to have backup to take out the fodder crewman and the Strawhats will fight the commanders of BBs crew

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llaubacher View Post
    And yeah, I agree that Oda can not just bring in some character out of nowhere, yet the crewmembers have been together for some time so it's hard to imagine that someone would just join now but so what.
    Actually the whole first part of the story happens in a few months at most. Brook has been with the crew for a few weeks before they split.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

You can experience more within days/hours than in the rest of your life. Brook being there for only a bit doesn't change him partaking and being such an important part of TB and all that came after. New character could joing now, but without creating a bond to the rest of the mugiwaras, it's all a wasted effort.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MangaHelper 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Syphin's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm quite interested in Violet's character a lot and while the possibility of her joining the crew may not be likely, I'll still like to entertain the thought and lay out some arguments in favour of her being a candidate.

An emotional connection has already been created between the audience and Violet thanks to Sanji easing the burden on her heart and doing what no men has to done for her before, be honest. Sanji’s kindness (coupled with his perverseness) has opened Violet’s heart to feeling love and warmth once again, and the possibility that this world is not one full of harshness and cruelty has been etched into the smile this beautiful lady is gracing us with.

Spoiler show

Violet has a story to tell, why is she in Doflamingo’s crew, what exactly happened to cause her to feel so cynical towards men? Who were these men? And since it has been established that Violet was honest when she made her request to Sanji, who is the person Violet wants dead? I initially thought it was Doflamingo (because so many people have beef with him now) but the link between the men Violet wants dead and Doflamingo haven’t clearly been made. Could Violet be referring to one of the “legendary” pirates participating within the Corrida Colosseum? Is it Bartolomeo? Or is this man someone entirely different? =/. There is also potential for the vulnerable and traumatized side of Violet to be explored with future stories in One Piece, like what happened with Nami and Robin.

As for the aspirations and desires of Violet, it could be anything, but since she is a dancer, it could be something like spread the joy of dancing around the world and generally make people feel happy – Violet seems like that kind of person.

Violet’s devil fruit ability, the Giro Giro no Mi (google google devil fruit), it’s an incredibly interesting ability and regardless of how much combat potential is may have, it can have such tremendous application in other areas that can serve the Strawhat crew immensely – like Nami’s navigation skills and Robin’s scouting skills. The ability to tell when a person is lying, the ability to see through anything, the ability to view the thoughts of another person, the ability to exchange thoughts with another person, such abilities would be invaluable within the Strawhat crew as they begin their journey into the New World with the intent of taking on all the Yonkou and winning. It’s obvious but this ability has me incredibly excited, both at its power and at the potential challenges and trails the Strawhats could end up facing if they end up traveling with Violet.

Violet has physical skills as well, she is an assassin so we can assume she is a capable fighter and what’s more it seems then when she doesn’t use her devil fruit offensively she uses her legs as a weapon – just like Sanji with his kicks. The fact that Violet is a dancer allows for a stylized style of combat from her and a base for what her abilities and attacks can be named after.

Spoiler show

As for how Violet will fit into the crew, well she already has an established relationship with Sanji and it appears to be an extremely positive relationship so far. That could turn twisted once Sanji returns to the crew and he ends up fawning over Nami and Robin, unless this is a change for Sanji and he actually intends to be faithful to only one woman…no way, right? O.o. But regardless if Violet reacts with a little violence towards Sanji from now on, the feelings Sanji has for her are real and he will put his life on the line for her. And if she stays with the crew long enough, Violet will realise that the other members would do the very same thing, even with her being able to read their minds, she will see just how close this pirate crew is.

It feels like the crew could use another female character to balance things out as well as provide some more company for Nami and Robin who just don’t see the charm and excitement in the Franky Shogun Mecha =O!

Brook already brings the music, what better way to liven up the dampened mood of being in the despairing New World then have a dancer invoke the joy and music within your heart and body? I’m certain Luffy would love that.

Also if Jinbei joins the crew after the Dressrosa arc and before the Wano Kuni arc, it sure would be a shocking twist when it is revealed two new members have joined the Strawhat crew rather than one – something totally different than what happened in the past.

Personally I just find that Violet would mesh incredibly well within the Strawhat crew, she doesn’t bring with her an incredibly overpowering ability that would make the Strawhats seem too powerful within the New World, but what she does bring is something more necessary, an ability that the Strawhats can utilise when they throw whatever plan the person opposing them has in the works, to hell (like what they have been doing for the past 715 chapters).

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 599 Discussion / 600 Prediction Thread

I hope that the next member is a girl, a blonde, and hopefully a logia user. having a third girl would be awesome and would give the crew the blonde, brunette and redhead trio of girls. nami being the redhead (although she has orange), robin (brunette mean brown hair but when they show this trio its usually a black haired girl), and then whatever blonde joins. plus the colors would make sense to - nami orange, robin purple, and blonde yellow. each color has 2 syllables and are six letters long and they would contrast the monster trio, luffy red, zoro green, sanji blue

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

New prospects for crewmembers are really popping up in this chapter. In addition to Bartolomeo, we have Chinjao wanting Luffy to take his grandchildren under his wing, and possibilities for Rebecca joining are just getting stronger. Next thing we know, Bellamy will gain too much respect for Luffy to carry out Doflamingo's orders. I wouldn't be surprised if Luffy recruited more than one new member this arc.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

How is Rebecca gonna join them as Queen over Dressrosa?

Luffy creates a relationship with ther, the main characters creates a bond between himself and one of the major support characters of this arc, how does increase her chances to join, can you elaborate?
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nauthyz's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

For me those are the candidates i'd like in the crew with the percentage of chance i give them:

Jinbei(99%):
    - Unless he die, and i don't think Oda will make someone else die this soon, i see no reason for him not to join he already told so.
    - He's one of my favourite.

Kinemon and Momonosuke(62%):
    - First the pattern 1 sword style, 2 sword style and 3 sword style and the opposition ice/fire are just too perfect.
    - I always wanted someone with the dragon fruit or someone who discover his fruit Momo is both.
    - They fit well in the crew in my opinion.
    - But i still see no reason for them to join at this point.

Rebecca(28%):
    - The crew need more girls.
    - Only if she gets Ace's fruit, plus with the little we've seen i don't think she would be too overpowered with it and since i want someone who discover is fruit that's good too.
    - She seems to have a sad story but we still don't know it that could be a reason to set sail.

Bonney(8%):
    - She seems to have lost her crew and maybe has ties with the governement.
    - Too soon to tell plus i don't see how her fight could be interesting (even if i trust Oda on this).

Pandaman(0%):
    - He's always been with them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    How is Rebecca gonna join them as Queen over Dressrosa?

Luffy creates a relationship with ther, the main characters creates a bond between himself and one of the major support characters of this arc, how does increase her chances to join, can you elaborate?
    What is it with you thinking Rebecca will be ruling Dressrosa after Doflamingo is beaten?

As for her chances, usually Luffy becomes friends with the newest member of his crew before he recruits them.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nauthyz View Post
    For me those are the candidates i'd like in the crew with the percentage of chance i give them:

Jinbei(99%):
    - Unless he die, and i don't think Oda will make someone else die this soon, i see no reason for him not to join he already told so.
    - He's one of my favourite.

Kinemon and Momonosuke(62%):
    - First the pattern 1 sword style, 2 sword style and 3 sword style and the opposition ice/fire are just too perfect.
    - I always wanted someone with the dragon fruit or someone who discover his fruit Momo is both.
    - They fit well in the crew in my opinion.
    - But i still see no reason for them to join at this point.

Rebecca(28%):
    - Only if she gets Ace's fruit, plus with the little we've seen i don't think she would be too overpowered with it and since i want someone who discover is fruit that's good too.
    - She seems to have a sad story but we still don't know it that could be a reason to set sail.

Bonney(8%):
    - She seems to have lost her crew and maybe has ties with the governement.
    - Too soon to tell plus i don't see how her fight could be interesting (even if i trust Oda on this).

Pandaman(0%):
    - He's always been with them.
    I would think that at this point most of those guys are actually more in the "allied crew" department rather than the potential crewmember one, even jinbe.

Perhaps kinemon deserves a special mention though. Its true that the 1,2,3 pattern is a perfect fit for the crew however there is the issue that so far he has a son. The only way I could see him joining the crew is that either mononosuke is not his son or that there is to begin with a special circumstance which makes him unable to be a father to mononosuke anyways (such as mononosuke going to military school until he is an adult or being forced by his country to live elsewhere). To be honest my personal opinion is that mononosuke is not actually kinemon's son and that is only a facade to get him safely to somewhere else.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    What is it with you thinking Rebecca will be ruling Dressrosa after Doflamingo is beaten?

As for her chances, usually Luffy becomes friends with the newest member of his crew before he recruits them.
    Rather what is your thing with her becoming a crew member? If you could provide any leads for that, a dream, a motive, anything, instead we can see her having reasons to stay.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't get why people think it's nearly a given Rebecca will join the crew. I don't think she will, especially if her heart's with Dressrosa. In fact, I don't think anyone from the island will join the Strawhats; there's no reason for them to as far as we know.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 123 of 134 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 ... LastLast