Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 124 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2003

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Rather what is your thing with her becoming a crew member? If you could provide any leads for that, a dream, a motive, anything, instead we can see her having reasons to stay.
    We don't know her full story yet. Once it's revealed, then it will settle whether or not she'll join the crew.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

everyone from the crew has a special function

Chopper: Docter
    Franky: shipwrith
    Nami: navigator
    Sanji: cook
    Robin: archeolist/spy
    Brook: musican
    Usopp: ships cannons marksman,story teller, lier.

Zoro&luffy : beat people up.

So the new member must have a usefull function other then being ''cool''

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy doesn't care what position each recruit fills. He initially wanted Chopper in the group because of his Zoan powers, not knowing he was also a doctor and only made Ussop cannoneer after seeing him fire a cannon.

Still, considering the skill he showed when steering that ship to Marineford, there's no doubt that Jinbe will be the SH's helmsman.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The argument is that they actually got a position no matter how and why Luffy invited them into the crew.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Barto can fulfill the role of Sunny's protector with his barrieeeers ~~
    The three brothers

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i feel like the strawhats needs a no purpose fighter like zoro, the crews in the new world are stronger and bigger and i dont think a mere 9 members could take them all on, like shanks crew is quite big too as is.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

i vote for next member being a scientist or fishman

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh, they're already expecting a fishman to join their crew. Luffy invited Jinbe, remember?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm also of the opinion that the crew needs another female. Either Rebecca with the Mera Mera no Mi or Jewelery Bonney would be my choices. Bonney would be a long shot though, I actually see her as being the 3rd member of Luffy and Law's alliance(if Oda goes that route with all of the Supernova Captain's forming alliances).

Bartolomeo can be a cabin boy ala Shanks and Buggy.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    I'm also of the opinion that the crew needs another female. Either Rebecca with the Mera Mera no Mi or Jewelery Bonney would be my choices. Bonney would be a long shot though, I actually see her as being the 3rd member of Luffy and Law's alliance(if Oda goes that route with all of the Supernova Captain's forming alliances).

Bartolomeo can be a cabin boy ala Shanks and Buggy.
    While I agree with the Rebecca part, while Bonney? True, Akainu hinted that she has a mysterious past, why would she join the Straw Hats after Luffy caused the Celestial Dragon incident?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All the cool kids were saying it soI thought I'd jump on the Bonney for Straw Hat bandwagon as well...joking...a bit. Honestly, a while ago there were theories floating around about her being Whitebeard's daughter, Ace's sister, Big Mam's "other" daughter and I quite like the thought of A.) The possible spawn of a Yonkou joining Luffy's crew and B.) A female Straw Hat that is as capable a fighter as the Monster Trio.

While Rebecca's a fighter, she isn't an experienced pirate and if she were to get the Mera Mera no Mi, she wouldn't be well versed in it's use, and while it would be interesting to see the growth of a new Logia user, I'd prefer the new member to be strong right off the bat since they are in the New World. My opinion will change if Rebecca demonstrates Haki in the D block fights. At least then we'll know she wouldn't just be a newbie logia that'll get stomped in the New World like Caribou and Ceasar.

Speaking of Rebecca, if she gets the Mera Mera no Mi, I can see her being grateful to Luffy for helping her free Mr. Soldier and Dressrosa and deciding to join his crew so that his brother's "Spirit"(Mera Mera no Mi) can see him achieve his dream.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I too believe that Rebecca will get the Mera Mera no Mi and join the Straw Hats as it will mean three things:

1) She'd be the crew's third female.

2) She'd be the crew's third swordsman.

3) The crew would finally have a Logia in their group.

That would be three crewmember aspects everyone's been wanting in one. Who wouldn't be satisfied with that?

And as for Rebecca's strength, don't worry. Lots of people who are strong can't stand up to Luffy. Besides that, why else would she be known as the colosseum's 'Undefeated Woman'? Furthermore, since she's a gladiator convict, she's obviously had to fight for her life in lots of competitions. I'd say that's a good indicator of her strength.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Luffy doesn't care what position each recruit fills. He initially wanted Chopper in the group because of his Zoan powers, not knowing he was also a doctor and only made Ussop cannoneer after seeing him fire a cannon.

Still, considering the skill he showed when steering that ship to Marineford, there's no doubt that Jinbe will be the SH's helmsman.
    But it's not just about what position he wants, but what position the SHP ultimately fit in. He didn't know Chopper was a medic, but that's the role Chopper filled in. Frankie fits in as the carpenter, so he joined. I don't think Luffy knew much about Robin, but her role is of someone with great knowledge about the world.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Deus Machina's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Should there be any new nakama in this arc I am voting for Bartolomeow, Violet or Wicca.

Bartholomeow is a hardcore Luffy fan and has demonstrated that he is willing to bash in heads should people speak ill of him. Though extreme, I still like his dedication.

He has a brass personality that is reminiscent of Pre TS Franky. His addition will greatly improve the crew's overall strength as he has an impressive DF and is a NW capable fighter. The events of Logue Town inspired him to piracy and he has been 'stalking' Luffy ever since. This means that it would be a dream of his to become a member of the future pirate king. However, there are a bunch of things that reduce his chances; Luffy might dislike his over the top violent tendencies and he has more to offer as an ally. I still hope he gets a shot.

IMO Violet has been far interesting than the pink haired Vivi-Shirahoshi copy. All the SH had their respective roles hinted on or introduced earlier on the series. [Zoro-Swordsman. Usopp-Sniper. Sanji-Cook.] We already know that she is an assassin/dancer. Her fighting capabilities seem to be alright so far. Despite received a few panels I have been intrigued with her persona.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Eurus View Post
    Should there be any new nakama in this arc I am voting for Bartolomeow, Violet or Wicca.

Bartholomeow is a hardcore Luffy fan and has demonstrated that he is willing to bash in heads should people speak ill of him. Though extreme, I still like his dedication.

He has a brass personality that is reminiscent of Pre TS Franky. His addition will greatly improve the crew's overall strength as he has an impressive DF and is a NW capable fighter. The events of Logue Town inspired him to piracy and he has been 'stalking' Luffy ever since. This means that it would be a dream of his to become a member of the future pirate king. However, there are a bunch of things that reduce his chances; Luffy might dislike his over the top violent tendencies and he has more to offer as an ally. I still hope he gets a shot.

IMO Violet has been far interesting than the pink haired Vivi-Shirahoshi copy. All the SH had their respective roles hinted on or introduced earlier on the series. [Zoro-Swordsman. Usopp-Sniper. Sanji-Cook.] We already know that she is an assassin/dancer. Her fighting capabilities seem to be alright so far. Despite received a few panels I have been intrigued with her persona.

Don't write Rebecca off as a bland character yet. Bartolomeo developed in a way we didn't expect, so maybe there's more to Rebecca's character. As for Violet, the SH already have an assassin in Robin, though having someone to dance to Brook's music would be an interesting addition (I was kind of hoping Bon Clay would join the Straw Hats for that reason). As for Wicca, why would the SH want a gnome?

Thread Closed
Page 124 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast