Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 127 of 134 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2003

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

  1. #1891
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

    Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    What do you need to see to change your mind about Rebecca being Straw Hat material?
    Rebecca actually being useful and a good character for the crew. She doesn't seem to add anything, and it doesn't seem like the crew would need her. She would be a bad choice as far as we know because there's nothin about her that screams "STRAWHAT PIRATE!!!1" other than her history. Personally, I'd rather see Chinjao or his grandsons join over Rebecca, and I don't want anyone from Dressrosa to join.

  2. #1892
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

    Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Alright, I'll let you guys think what you want about Rebecca, but I'm sticking with my theory. But if she does end up joining the crew, don't say I didn't tell you.
    You let us? You are free to have an informed opinion, yours is not such Imo. There are a couple reasonable arguments made for her not joining the crew, how about you counter those with a reasoning why it should happen?

    Yeah if Oda conpletely changes her character somehow, than she might have a reason to leave, but why should she? If the soldier has to leave, she won't have a reason to join. If she eats the fruit, she won't be forced to join the crew either.

    I will return the question: What do you need to see to change your mind about Rebecca not being Straw Hat material?
    Last edited by Schabrak; September 14, 2013 at 03:58 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  3. #1893
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    I will return the question: What do you need to see to change your mind about Rebecca not being Straw Hat material?
    The Straw Hats leaving Dressrosa without Rebecca on board the Thousand Sunny.

  4. #1894
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    MH's Hordy?

    So the answer is "nothing", thanks for the earnest will to discuss your own arguments. You wanted to convince others, but didn't intend to bugde from that idea despite all those arguments, don't even argue back against those. What was the point of starting such a discussion to begin with?

    "I'm only convinced that Doflamingo won't be beaten by the end of the arc, if I see him not being beaten at the end of the arc." See a similarity to your argument? I would like to hear something regarding the plot or character, not about two sword, a logia, a female. Nothing about that is really special or indicative for a potential member.


    Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    We don't know her full story yet. Once it's revealed, then it will settle whether or not she'll join the crew.
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    And as for Rebecca's strength, don't worry. Lots of people who are strong can't stand up to Luffy. Besides that, why else would she be known as the colosseum's 'Undefeated Woman'? Furthermore, since she's a gladiator convict, she's obviously had to fight for her life in lots of competitions. I'd say that's a good indicator of her strength.
    Side note: Those fights weren't nearly as hard as Luffy's round, we know that since Gats mentioned the Luffy vs Don Chinjao fight to be the greatest in recent history.
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Don't write Rebecca off as a bland character yet. Bartolomeo developed in a way we didn't expect, so maybe there's more to Rebecca's character. As for Violet, the SH already have an assassin in Robin, though having someone to dance to Brook's music would be an interesting addition (I was kind of hoping Bon Clay would join the Straw Hats for that reason). As for Wicca, why would the SH want a gnome?
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Maybe there's a plot relevance to why Rebecca looks like Nami. Give it time.
    Chances of that to happen: 1% and that seems too much already.
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Well, Rebecca's chances for joining the Straw Hats just keep growing. So far, she meets one criteria as she lost her mother. And I think we're about to see how badass she can be. All that's left is to reveal if she has a dream.
    Side note: A dream that can support Luffy's dream of becoming Pirate King.

    "Maybe, later, we don't know." All that says is: Wait and see.

    M3J gives you the ultimate condition for a new member, don't ignore it please:
    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Rebecca actually being useful and a good character for the crew. She doesn't seem to add anything, and it doesn't seem like the crew would need her.
    Last edited by Schabrak; September 14, 2013 at 08:54 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  5. #1895
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

    First off, who are you calling a Hordy Jones?

    Second, my answer was an honest one. Just like some people won't believe that Rebecca will join unless they see for themselves, I believe Rebecca will join unless I see the Straw Hats leave Dressrosa without her.

    Third, you did say 'maybe' she has a dream that will lead to her joining the Straw Hats, so let's save the arguments until we get more clues, okay?

  6. #1896
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Suna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    76
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

    Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Alright, I'll let you guys think what you want about Rebecca, but I'm sticking with my theory. But if she does end up joining the crew, don't say I didn't tell you.
    Yes, we will remember...

    Anyway my guess is still that Momonosuke will join. He, his father and their friend will have a big role to play in the end of this saga. IMO Kaidou has taken Wano country. That's why their next destination is the same as in Law plan. And also why they thought that all pirates were giant. And why they are so sensitive when we speak about their country. There is obviously something bad which has happened, and I am pretty sure that the road to Kaidou's defeat pass through Wano country. I just hope oda will keep momo after that, he seems to like to play with the relation between him and nami/robin. ^^

  7. #1897
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Suna View Post
    Yes, we will remember...

    Anyway my guess is still that Momonosuke will join. He, his father and their friend will have a big role to play in the end of this saga. IMO Kaidou has taken Wano country. That's why their next destination is the same as in Law plan. And also why they thought that all pirates were giant. And why they are so sensitive when we speak about their country. There is obviously something bad which has happened, and I am pretty sure that the road to Kaidou's defeat pass through Wano country. I just hope oda will keep momo after that, he seems to like to play with the relation between him and nami/robin. ^^
    I won't go against your belief of Momonosuke joining, however, I will point out two things:

    1) If he's to join, we'll need to see a flashback where he lost someone special to him and leading to him having a dream. That's the criteria for all SH members that Oda has put into effect.

    2) If he were to join, what position would he fill, cabin boy?

  8. #1898
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Suna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    76
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

    Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    I won't go against your belief of Momonosuke joining, however, I will point out two things:

    1) If he's to join, we'll need to see a flashback where he lost someone special to him and leading to him having a dream. That's the criteria for all SH members that Oda has put into effect.

    2) If he were to join, what position would he fill, cabin boy?
    1) That is not a requirement to join, this is just the way Oda teach us about the story of all characters. And that will happen during Wano arc.

    2) What is Zorro's position ? Being a dragon is awesome enough imo. But that's a question you could apply to Rebecca, ''The blond girl'' ?
    Anyway, some time ago i suggested that momo would be some kind of medium because of the picture of DD that appeared in his mind. And since we know that DD wants to capture momo and Kinemon, there is obviously a link between them. But it's still too early to affirm that momo is a medium and not that DD can enters in someone mind. We will soon know more about that.

    btw it is quite sure that the 3 samurais will be part of the crew during most of the Kaidou's saga. But still i doubt that Oda will keep him in the crew after that...
    Last edited by Suna; September 14, 2013 at 10:38 AM.

  9. #1899
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Suna View Post
    1) That is not a requirement to join, this is just the way Oda teach us about the story of all characters. And that will happen during Wano arc.
    Oh, really? Then how is it that everyone who has joined the crew has had one? It's a safe bet that backstories featuring someone losing a loved one is a sign that the person in question is joining the crew. You want proof? Just keep reading. Rebecca just had a flashback where she lost her mother. If she doesn't end up joining the Straw Hats, I'll never speak of this formula again.

  10. #1900
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,441
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

    The only reason I can see her joining would be if Doflamingo is not beaten by the end of this arc (and I'm 99% sure he won't).
    If Luffy kinda swear to beat Doflamingo, she might join the crew to defeat him.

    But, as of now, I'm 95% sure she won't join the Strawhats.


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  11. #1901
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

    Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Oh, really? Then how is it that everyone who has joined the crew has had one? It's a safe bet that backstories featuring someone losing a loved one is a sign that the person in question is joining the crew. You want proof? Just keep reading. Rebecca just had a flashback where she lost her mother. If she doesn't end up joining the Straw Hats, I'll never speak of this formula again.
    Your are making logic mistake, it's not because every strawhat had a flashback and someone who died that every people who has a flashback and someone who died becomes a strawhat. The implication is only one way.
    Also this flashback is not really what you expect from a strawhat flashback. Since Sanji one, all of them have been longer and more dramatic. This one was hasty so as to take half a chapter. If you go by formula, this clearly disqualifies her in my opinion.

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #1902
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Suna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    76
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

    Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Oh, really? Then how is it that everyone who has joined the crew has had one? It's a safe bet that backstories featuring someone losing a loved one is a sign that the person in question is joining the crew. You want proof? Just keep reading. Rebecca just had a flashback where she lost her mother. If she doesn't end up joining the Straw Hats, I'll never speak of this formula again.


    I have allready told you that I knew about the similarities of the SH, but that doesn't mean that everybody who lost a relative will join the SH. (what I actually meant by requirement)
    You want to play a game ? Read Alabasta arc and try to guess with your formula who will join the SH. (indication: You might get wrong ). You may also want to try your chance in Fishman island.

    And you haven't answered my question, what will Rebecca bring to the crew?
    Last edited by Suna; September 14, 2013 at 01:02 PM.

  14. #1903
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Suna View Post


    I have allready told you that I knew about the similarities of the SH, but that doesn't mean that everybody who lost a relative will join the SH. (what I actually meant by requirement)
    You want to play a game ? Read Alabasta arc and try to guess with your formula who will join the SH. (indication: You might get wrong ). You may also want to try your chance in Fishman island.

    And you haven't answered my question, what will Rebecca bring to the crew?
    What loved one did Vivi lose in the past? Besides that, a loved one dying is only part of the equation. I don't know what Rebecca's dream is, but I'm certain she has one. As for Fishman Island, in case you didn't know, Jinbe has promised to join.

  15. #1904
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

    He means that Robin joined after Arabasta, yet she didn't fit in your formula at that time.

  16. #1905
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    He means that Robin joined after Arabasta, yet she didn't fit in your formula at that time.
    Well, she didn't officially become a member until after Enies Lobby.

Thread Closed
Page 127 of 134 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts