Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Renji and Hisagi's training

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Renji and Hisagi's training

Since we have a hitsuguya training thread why not these two since we know now that they are training to.

I think we will see both of them come back with higher reiatsu, better speed, faster and stronger bankai for renji and maybe just maybe a bankai for hisagi.

This training might even be a hint that could will take the empty captains seats.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: renji and hisagis training

Why do people assume they just started training just now? That makes no sense whatsoever. The way I see it, it is 99% certain they train regularly. It just so happens that this time matsumuto noted so. Renji being close to bankai by SS arc and his goal is to defeat byakuya, it would make no sense if he just started. Ichigo has shown growth in small periods of time but that is something exclusive to him. For them to show a significant increase in power they need at least a decade worth of training.

THIS TRAINING IS NOTHING SPECIAL. It'll probably be relevant a decade from now.

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Id be totally excited about Hisagi having a bankai, though Im not sure how others would feel with the idea that bankai is meant to be an extremely rare thing and another brand new one popping up.

Though I suppose he would need a bankai to be a relevant fighter in the future since hopefully the other veteran captains will actually, finally reveal their 100+ years experience worth with bankai.

Renji hopefully has a stronger, faster moving bankai that will put the fear of the Baboon King into the next opponent he versus - rather than getting off-panelled by an opponent that eventually got off-panelled himself...tragic.

I just dont know how Kubo is going to hype the next baddies while making the Gotei13/Vizards reveal their bankai/mask at full power (which should really obliterate anyone who crosses their path) and win. Hollows really mean nothing to shinigami top-tier VC and higher anymore.
    Last edited by Waking_Dreamer; October 12, 2010 at 01:28 AM.
    [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/Kilrik.jpg[/IMG]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh pish posh kkck, if kubo mentions it then its relevant, we will see a notable difference in them next time just you wait.

And as far as shounen goes, the better you get the faster your progress is, its the snowball effect in this. And don't forget the possibility of a time skip, lots of major shonen have them, its a basic mechanic of the genre. Kubo won't end bleach without one.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

They should get significantly stronger to reach at least the lower tier Captain level or they won't be a match for the new enemies. I'm hoping for Hisagi to achieve bankai. He is one of the strongest Vice Captains. It would be good if Urahara lended a hand with that trick to help him achieve Bankai.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conn-man View Post
    Oh pish posh kkck, if kubo mentions it then its relevant, we will see a notable difference in them next time just you wait.

And as far as shounen goes, the better you get the faster your progress is, its the snowball effect in this. And don't forget the possibility of a time skip, lots of major shonen have them, its a basic mechanic of the genre. Kubo won't end bleach without one.
    As I said before, we have no reason to believe the training they are doing now is special in any way. It's like when we saw ikkaku and hitsugaya using jinzen and matsumoto and yumichika implied they were training to materialize their zampakuto. Shinigami train all the time, it is that simple. Unless they at least vaguely similar to ichigo they won't show any exceptional growth unless the next time they appear takes place several years from now. That said, it is possible for renji to show some decent growth (although nothing even nearly as extreme as ichigo has shown) if a couple of years pass considering a couple of years would be about 20% of the time required to master bankai (byakuya said mastering bankai usually takes 10 years). Hisagi does not have bankai so I doubt he is gonna have any exceptional growth though.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

it not unusal for training yea...but i think kubo hinting that Hisagi is ready for bankai...Renji dunno why he bothers training he did the worst in the HM arc..didnt defeat 1 main villain...even chad beat a ex espada...renji got beat like a drum .

unless he comes up uber powerful ( i doubt ) i dont know what kubo hinting with Renji...

but KK is correct training is nothing new..hisgai looks the type who trains all time just reason it be shown this time is hinting towards bankai.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Hisagi has it in him to acquire bankai but I don't see how this vague statement about hisagi going to train hints towards bankai.... Even if hisagi is trying to acquire bankai it is not something that special in itself.... Even yumichika and matsumoto are trying to materialize their zampakuto(we have seen them at it). The way I see it, we have no reason to believe hisagi or renji are doing anything special in the least. basically, this thread and the one about hitsugaya's training serve no purpose whatsoever.

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO there's a major difference in the purpose of training now for at least these three and the regular training they had pre-SS arc.

No ones denying that these shinigami wouldnt have been training since before the last chapter but there's a big difference in mindset with the purpose of training. Before the SS-arc the Gotei 13 hierarchy has been:

1. Yamamoto
    2. Captains
    3. Vice Captains
    4. Seated Officers

Even the strongest hollows at the time Menos Grande were not much of a threat being somewhere between Captains and VC.

Except for people like Renji who had a secret agenda of becoming stronger than Byakuya, I reckon the other VC trained to refine their skills but nothing of the urgency to go beyond their limits. They wanted to make their captains proud but not neccessarily reach Captain class - what for? There was no need? They spent most of their time managing Gotei 13 with paper work and routines.

Look how much HALF of Gotei 13's power underestimated Aizen and got soloed by him. Look how even Yamamoto through circumstances got the short end of the stick and couldnt pull through to save the day.

At the very least these three arent just training becuase they want to get better.... (regular training). They have realised that at their best they were crushed and trounced underfoot.

BIG DIFFERENCE IN MINDSET

Did Quincy boy get significantly stronger after intense training sessions even though its implied hes been training since early childhood...?

Did Chad get stronger after intense training sessions after being utterly defeated in his last fight...?

Quote Quote:
    basically, this thread and the one about hitsugaya's training serve no purpose whatsoever.
    Im gonna LMAO when these guys show significant improvement next time they step up.
    Last edited by Waking_Dreamer; October 12, 2010 at 06:20 PM.
    [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/Kilrik.jpg[/IMG]

10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
    IMO there's a major difference in the purpose of training now for at least these three and the regular training they had pre-SS arc.

No ones denying that these shinigami wouldnt have been training since before the last chapter but there's a big difference in mindset with the purpose of training. Before the SS-arc the Gotei 13 hierarchy has been:

1. Yamamoto
    2. Captains
    3. Vice Captains
    4. Seated Officers

Even the strongest hollows at the time Menos Grande were not much of a threat being somewhere between Captains and VC.

Except for people like Renji who had a secret agenda of becoming stronger than Byakuya, I reckon the other VC trained to refine their skills but nothing of the urgency to go beyond their limits. They wanted to make their captains proud but not neccessarily reach Captain class - what for? There was no need? They spent most of their time managing Gotei 13 with paper work and routines.

Look how much HALF of Gotei 13's power underestimated Aizen and got soloed by him. Look how even Yamamoto through circumstances got the short end of the stick and couldnt pull through to save the day.

At the very least these three arent just training becuase they want to get better.... (regular training). They have realised that at their best they were crushed and trounced underfoot.

BIG DIFFERENCE IN MINDSET

Did Quincy boy get significantly stronger after intense training sessions even though its implied hes been training since early childhood...?

Did Chad get stronger after intense training sessions after being utterly defeated in his last fight...?

Im gonna LMAO when these guys show significant improvement next time they step up.
    I am not saying they can't grow stronger by the next time we see them (Definitely not nearly captain level though), I just think people read too much into the aforementioned training. Even if they do get significantly stronger, it won't be because the training they did was anything special to begin with. That said, if paperwork and whatnot got in the way of training before then there is no reason for it not to get in the way now. If anything, with all the crap aizen pulled there should be even less time for them to train. The lack of captains should increase the overall workload, specially for hisagi(he also did mentioned he had been doing tousen's work and it was quite a bit). Also, I don't think the difference in mindset would be that overwhelming.

As for ishida and chad, I would think those should be considered separate cases. Chad's power was made by the orb and his power increases are based on constant transformations and changes, neither of which are all that applicable to shinigami since they are limited to shikai and bankai. Ishida in turned use a sort of doping with his old bow, it forced him to absorb more power than what he could manage. Also not applicable to shinigami in the least (not to mention his power works in the exact opposite way to shinigami's in general).

Renji has a chance of a somewhat significant increase in strength due to him having to control his bankai properly however even that should not be all that extreme. A 10 year timeskip would mean renji theoretically had enough time to master his bankai though and bring him at least considerably close to captain level. That would not clash with what I said about the training not being all that special since training his bankai would be the natural next step. People make it sound as if right now hisagi and renji got into a hyperbolic time chamber with a built in gravity chamber along with a super teacher for crying out loud.
    Last edited by kkck; October 12, 2010 at 07:15 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I also think that if the training was mentioned we should pay attention to this. Not because they started to train all of a sudden, but because it foreshadows a future power up.

Renji is probably training to get stronger and surpass Byakuya or something along those lines. Hisagi is a more interesting case. Now, despite being a lieutenant he's running his own division and doing a great job. It wouldn't be strange if he's thinking of making captain and for that he needs bankai (or recommendation). If that's true, I would be impressed. Kira and Hinamori should follow the example >.>

I wonder why people still believe that bankai is rare/difficult to achieve. For offscreen characters maybe.
    Last edited by natli; October 13, 2010 at 12:05 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Both Renji and Hisagi are just training!

I don't see what else there is to it other than the desire to improve themselves and to become stronger.

It is true that Hisagi has not achieved Bankai (as we know right now), so his full potential has yet to be reached.

Maybe Hisagi wants to fill his late Captain's shoes? The Ninth Division is still Captain-less, so Hisagi (Vice-Captain) is currently in charge. Maybe he is training to become stronger to protect and lead his squad?

I don't know what to say about Renji, but at least Kubo doesn't seem to forget that he is a "secondary main character." He's not just some random Vice Captain that sprouts up from the ground once in a while. Renji is also training to improve himself, but there is nothing else other than this.

We'll find out in due time if Renji, Hisagi, and Hitsugaya become significantly stronger.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about Hisagi but Renji is one of the main characters in the manga so I'd be willing to bet he gets quite a bit stronger by the next time we see him fight. If he remains at his current level he's pretty much useless, and we know he's going to play a role later on. He used to be Ichigo's equal (back when they fought in SS), and I can see that happening again now that he has a bit of head start before Ichigo regains his powers.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    I don't know about Hisagi but Renji is one of the main characters in the manga so I'd be willing to bet he gets quite a bit stronger by the next time we see him fight. If he remains at his current level he's pretty much useless, and we know he's going to play a role later on. He used to be Ichigo's equal (back when they fought in SS), and I can see that happening again now that he has a bit of head start before Ichigo regains his powers.
    I think it'll be the opposite. Hisagi's popularity undoubtedly took a huge jump after his fight with Findor, while Renji has been getting closer and closer to nothing but a background character.

I also think Hisagi is more suited for a captain position simply because Renji's motivation is to become better than Byakuya, and to do so while serving under him, much like Ikkaku. Hisagi no longer has such a goal, and if anything, it would be to ensure that his division doesn't fall apart because of the former captain's betrayal.

Hey.....Wait a minute......Where was Hisagi in the Aizen fight?? He just disappeared...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hisagi and Renji will be the next captains, then Kira and Rangiku next. i think with Hitsugaya, he's still learning more about his powers in general and will have a better control over them. i wonder if Inoue replaced his arm and leg after Aizen hacked them off.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast