Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: 'Genius' vs Genius

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • The True Genius' Win

11 61.11%
  • The Talented 'Genius' Win

5 27.78%
  • Tie/Can't Tell

2 11.11%
New Reply

Thread: 'Genius' vs True Genius

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

'Genius' vs True Genius

Byakuya Kuchiki, Gin Ichimaru and Tōshirō Hitsugaya, the talented 'Genius'

VS

Kisuke Urahara, Mayuri Kurotsuchi and Szayel Aporro Granz, the true genius'

Who wins?

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 'Genius' vs True Genius

I see the prodigy geniuses winning this. Mayuri and Urahara are certainly the smartest shinigami's to date. They probably have a better understanding on there opponents, but these are the youngest captains and IMO the ones with the most potential in the manga. Hitsugaya is the weakest link here, and not powerwise, because he has that it's just his experience and his mindset which leads him to fail. If there's, no prep for the true geniuses I definately don't see them winning. I ultimately see the young geniuses, although (Byakuya wasn't known as one) working as the better team also. All having the range advantage, all having some good versatility and speed of there attacks. Gin's poison will probably be a non factor to Urahara and Mayuri. But I can possibly see Szayel getting tooking out by it or a surprise shinsou to the chest or head. Urahara has speed, kido and his inventions, Mayuri has this aswell, but so those the opposing team. Team Genius has the speed advantage IMO, if they play there cards right they should be able to win this with difficulty.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

if syazel is able to plan ahead...then he sets up the victory for Urahara n mayuri it be so over it funny....syazel is really hax if he given time to set up a fight n in that team they would stomp everyone.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Syzael LOLNOs bankai's so probably the second set, particularly since Byakuya and Gin's shikai's are utterly worthless against captains. Though admittedly I can't recall if that was a location thing or not. Either way I'd probably go with them though. Benihime's extremely flexible, Mayuri and Syzael, though physically weak are quite hax. Both would have to be killed very quickly, which while possible particularly given this set isn't a sure thing.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

The top 3 IMO...Gin could take Urahara on his day IMO and Byakuya and Histu should take the other two....
    Thank You Kubo...You have proven once and for all, that Yamamoto Genryuusai is STRONGER THAN AIZEN SOUSUKE despite what the fanboys think

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member poobert's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Random101 View Post
    Syzael LOLNOs bankai's so probably the second set, particularly since Byakuya and Gin's shikai's are utterly worthless against captains.
    So true.

But unfortunately, Sayzel is no captain. He is a low espada and any captain would take him out in shikai, especially Byakuya and his speed or Hitsu, who's shikai was so strong that Kira was suffering just being close.

They are not Renji and all 3 can use kido to boot.

Mayuri is a tough one, but he is not the greatest fighter, relying more on his brain and planning. His bankai is dangerous to anyone up close, but look who he is fighting.... the three best ranged captains.

Urahara is the best fighter of the lot, but even he may have trouble with 2 captains at once. He is not Yama.

Hitsu et al win imo.
    My blog. Not very interesting, but if you are bored and want to burn time, there are pages of junk to read!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xsoteria's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going with the scientist bunch. Overall I'd feel much more confident in their abilities and capability. They may not have the raw fighting power, but they're all very tricky and very smart.

Byakuya would be troublesome for either of the three, but there's just too much going for the wiseguys, IMO.
    Brigands demand your money or your life; women require both.
    Better be nice to them

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a complicated one. In terms of raw power I would think byakuya, gin and hitsugaya are superior. Unfortunately against the other guys raw power is not much of a big deal considering they have a practically limitless number of tricks. I think people kinda understimate grants though. If I recall he had that ink tecnique which created clones of the enemy. We do not know the limitations of that particular technique but an army of byakuyas, gins and hitsugayas is bound to be dangerous or at the very least cause a form of distraction for the these derange scientists to do something. I have to go for brains over muscle in this one. That said, it is worth noting mayuri's bankai would be worthless in this battle. In his battle against grants it was revealed his bankai was actually organic. Mayuri's bankai has no chance whatsoever of avoiding gin's bankai so naturally the poison would be a extremely good weapon against it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBOTT View Post
    Byakuya Kuchiki, Gin Ichimaru and Tōshirō Hitsugaya, the talented 'Genius'

VS

Kisuke Urahara, Mayuri Kurotsuchi and Szayel Aporro Granz, the true genius'

Who wins?

It is more than obvious that "True Genius" team would win. I mean come on, Uraha can easily take Byakuya and Hitsugaya alone 1on2. Only one that is an obstacle is Gin but I say Urahara would win this fight 1on3 even without Mayuri and Szayel on his side.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Primecut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bleda View Post
    It is more than obvious that "True Genius" team would win. I mean come on, Uraha can easily take Byakuya and Hitsugaya alone 1on2. Only one that is an obstacle is Gin but I say Urahara would win this fight 1on3 even without Mayuri and Szayel on his side.
    I say Urahara can solo as well. Gin turned out to be a disappointment and Byakuya and Hitsuguya are low tier captains. With Grantz stripping their powers away Urahara can just punch all three of them out since he has great martial arts skills as shown in the pendulum arc. I just cant imagine Byakuya, Hitsuguya and Gin doing much without their bankais.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting match up However, I'm not sure where it says that Gin, Byakuya and Hitsu can't use their Bankais. Unless they are fighting in Szayel's specially designed Bankai proof room, in the scenario where Szayel has prep time, then I believe anyone can use Bankai. If Gin, Hitsu and Byakuya are restricted to Shikai, they lose pretty badly.

However, if Bankais are available to everyone, team Gin stomps. Byakuya could at least be a distraction to Urahara while Gin quickly takes out Szayel and Mayuri - neither have the speed to dodge Kamishininoyari. Urahara then gets triple teamed, where despite him being somewhat above Gin and quite a bit above Byakuya and Hitsu imo, he loses horribly. Hitsu doesn't even need to participate imo, Byakuya can just chase him with SKY while Gin takes shots at him with Kamishininoyari until he gets a hit, which would be pretty quickly

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If Team True Genius has decent prep time, they win.

Urahara can handle himself even without it, but Mayuri and Szayel can become damn near unstoppable if they have ANY prep time or info on the enemy.

Szayel especially, better hope he doesn't analyze your Reiatsu, cause if he does, he can shrug off attacks with ease that would otherwise kill him.

If there is no prep time, it's a lot closer, but I'd still say "True Genius" takes this most of the time.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If True genius doesn't have any prep, they will get absolutely destroyed. Szayel gets defeated by either person from team genius. Mayuri's a different scenario though he has a bankai and a dangerous one at that but, it's size is it's downfall for either person(s) here again. All of team geniuses has range and versatility that could pick apart Mayuri's bankai. Urahara will be the last standing, and eventually he gets overwhelmed by all three.

New Reply