Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 102 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2503

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Winlyx-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama...

I originally thought it would be hancock who would become a new member but now I'm not so sure. I can still see her becoming a temporary member however not a full fledged member. I can see her joining for a little while after the war but leaving again to rejoin her own crew. Kinda like Vivi rejoined her own kingdom, I can see Hancock becoming a second Vivi of sorts. Her staying with Luffy's crew for a little while, having a battle of importance (most likely against the celestial dragons. I can't see oda mentioning her past without reason) then at the end of it all Hancock rejoins her orignal crew.

My guess is that all of this will happen at merman island and that the new permanent crew member will join the crew after hancock leaves (kinda like a robin repeat in a way) My guess the new member will be a merfolk. Either mermaid, merman or fishman. It would help balance out the crew

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Finale's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking that the reason that Kuma cooperated with the WG is to save a certain person and that person will at some point in time either join the SHs or be a temporary crew member.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finale View Post
    I'm thinking that the reason that Kuma cooperated with the WG is to save a certain person and that person will at some point in time either join the SHs or be a temporary crew member.
    And how exactly did you come to this conclusion?
    Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    i think the next strawhat will be konkoro's son and chimney's father. he is a half mermaid/half hurman.
    That's a nice thought, as it would automaticly add some hurmor to the crew. But after Franky and Brooks it may be time to add someone more serious to the crew again. On the other hand. a funny female crew member, Chimney mother? would't harm the Mugiwaras, as both Robin and Nami are rather serious gals.^^
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OunknownO's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Kuma, boa and company won't join... They have played their part in the story(and they are too strong)

It will for sure be a unknown fishman
    Last edited by OunknownO; January 08, 2010 at 09:43 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    And how exactly did you come to this conclusion?

That's a nice thought, as it would automaticly add some hurmor to the crew. But after Franky and Brooks it may be time to add someone more serious to the crew again. On the other hand. a funny female crew member, Chimney mother? would't harm the Mugiwaras, as both Robin and Nami are rather serious gals.^^
    he could be one of the sunny pirates and thats why chimney is with her grandma. he could look like a human but have all the powers of a mereman. he might be a serious person, but not as serious as zoro

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Foxdie's Avatar
    Country
    Syria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    he could be one of the sunny pirates and thats why chimney is with her grandma. he could look like a human but have all the powers of a mereman. he might be a serious person, but not as serious as zoro
    Correct ..

maybe .. he is a bodyguard of the Mermaids Queen (the most beautiful living being in the world) ..
    Since this is the final battle for WB (rescuing Ace), & his protection of fishermen Island will be gone, I think Luffy will help this fisherman to save his Island and ask him to join Strawhat's crew.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Foxdie View Post
    Correct ..

maybe .. he is a bodyguard of the Mermaids Queen (the most beautiful living being in the world) ..
    Since this is the final battle for WB (rescuing Ace), & his protection of fishermen Island will be gone, I think Luffy will help this fisherman to save his Island and ask him to join Strawhat's crew.
    yes. im sure WB is done after this fight, so jinbei will have to become the sunny pirates captain again. im sure the strawhats wll be on fishman island and a light weight battle will take place with the strawhats(with luffy in a coma) defending the island. thereby getting new bounties and pics

i think a fishman joining a crew is a sign of good standing with the island, and shows that you are welcomed there.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 569 Discussion / 570 Prediction

No one from this war is going to join the SH crew, and certainly not Boa or Jimbei. They have crews of their own, and responsibilities of their own.

You know what the characteristic is of someone who joins the SH's? They have a personal goal they can achieve by traveling together as pirates, and have something the crew needs. Zoro the swordsman wants to be the world's strongest swordsman; Nami the navigator wants to chart the world; Ussop the sharpshooter wants to be like his dad; Sanji the chef wants to find all-blue; Chopper the doctor wants to be a medic and pirate like his mentor; Robin the archeologist wants to find and decipher the glyphs; Franky the shipwright wants to maintain the ship of his dreams; Brook the musician wants companions and to reunite with his old companion, the whale (and Luffy as well promised the whale that he would return).

There is no stand out character fighting alongside Luffy in this war that will add something the crew needs (what's left for them to need anyway?), and have and ultimate goal that can be reached by traveling with the Straw Hats. This arc is more to showcase other important characters, rather than to find a character to be part of the crew.

That being said, it is more logical that Luffy will temporarily travel for a very short time with others, most likely either Ace and his crew once he's freed, or with Ivankov, to return to Rayleigh and the Thousand Sunny. And remember there's a bit of a connection between Rayleigh and Ivankov; Kuma told Rayleigh why he was doing what he was doing on Shabondy, and Ivankov and Kuma used to be friends (possibly through the Revolutionary Army). We may find some things at if/when they meet.
    Last edited by evozoku; January 08, 2010 at 05:25 PM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I changed my mind... WB is going to join Luffy's crew..

Correction, Wb pirates are going to be ally's of Mugiwara's crew!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree with evozoku, this is not the time for luffy to be looking to add to his number of crew members. His own crew is missing, and his brother is about to be on the chopping block. no time to worry about who will be the next person he wants to join him.

And @ beastboy,
    I also agree that the WB pirates (or actually whats left of them and the rest of the allied New World pirates) will become ally's of the SH's crew. He has shown a lot of potential in this war and has also led the pirates towards the goal (though luffy was very rash and suicidal at it). They will tell stories of strawhat's doings and his name will have already spread across the NW after this war is over.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet that everytime luffy needs, it will only be needed to ring a bell.. but I'm certein that Luffy won't do it!
    That would make is adventure much easy for is likes!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chitgoks's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jiminy View Post
    i agree with evozoku, this is not the time for luffy to be looking to add to his number of crew members. His own crew is missing, and his brother is about to be on the chopping block. no time to worry about who will be the next person he wants to join him.

And @ beastboy,
    I also agree that the WB pirates (or actually whats left of them and the rest of the allied New World pirates) will become ally's of the SH's crew. He has shown a lot of potential in this war and has also led the pirates towards the goal (though luffy was very rash and suicidal at it). They will tell stories of strawhat's doings and his name will have already spread across the NW after this war is over.
    yeah luffy can't pick a crewmember right now coz the whole crew has to agree on it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ANBU4U's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
    yeah luffy can't pick a crewmember right now coz the whole crew has to agree on it.
    Not really. he didnt concult anyone with Robin, or Nami, or even Ussop. He just said get on.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chitgoks's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ANBU4U View Post
    Not really. he didnt concult anyone with Robin, or Nami, or even Ussop. He just said get on.
    i was referring to when luffy first wanted brooke (when they still met him) to join and most of them were all against it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Winlyx-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, I see no real reason why anyone would join their crew, at least permanently. I can see after this war ending and after the crew is back together a possibility of Hancock possibly joining the crew for a short time. If she is truly exposed beyond all reasonable doubt of her betrayal against the wg then there is a good chance she won't return to her island and instead meet up with her people/crew somewhere else. After all if her entire island is full of pirates and their only protection (hancock's title as shichibukai) is gone then there's a good chance they will have to become scarce as well. Then after one or two arcs Hancock will reunite with her crew (with a at least slight personality change after being with the Sh pirates for a while no doubt) and her and the Sh pirates will go their separate ways. Hancock will in a sense become a second Vivi. Temporally joining the crew then leaving to be her own kingdoms/peoples ruler.

As for Croc joining I just can't see it. I mean I see too many problems not only between Luffy and Croc if he joined but I can't see robin being to pleased about having her old boss near her again. He did try to kill her after all.

I don't actually see a new full time member joining until at least fishman island. It's true the crew is still members short however no one during this war is showing true signs of SH pirate material.

However I still have my fingers crossed that the next member will at least be female. Having a mermaid join the crew would be ideal in my mind. Female, great swimer for the DF users, especially Luffy who seem to fall/jump into the water more times then I can count and with Brook and chopper to some extent showing the same stupidity they need someone who can move quick in the water.

Thread Closed
Page 102 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast