Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 12 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anti-panda's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: the Search for Strawhat's New Nakama...

Yeah but every person to join the strawhats has had luffy say one thing about them... He/She doesn't seem like a bad person.
    Now on the note of what you guys are saying ... not everyone with a pre exisiting bounty is a bad person.. Robin had a 89 million dollar bounty before she joined the strawhats.
    So the pre-existing bounty wouldn't be a "new" thing for any future mugiwara's either.
    In Oda I trust .. Follow me to the sea of dreams.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OP_overlord's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i like him not haveing a bounty before he joind the crew then he takes a really strong person out and catches up with sanji for his first bounty

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jeffhmwong's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think the skeleton will join the crew. I dont see much in him compared to Franky and robin.

Hope he proves me wrong in the next upcoming episodes.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J@ffzz
    I dont think the skeleton will join the crew. I dont see much in him compared to Franky and robin.

I think the strawhats need some nakama like ussop and chopper. talented within a specialized field but not the juggernauts that Luffy, zoro, franky and sanji are. I could see brooke joining and lets face it while every strawhat has to be able to hold thier own in a fight, I don't think they all need to be monsterously strong and I really don't want all of them to be.
    However they do need a monsterously strong female. Because tough as robin is she's not really a fighting force. I just want to keep things balanced.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i see what you mean but with a small crew like this you need really strong people and no weak guys like buggy has or you lose cause they cant help you and if brooke is powerful enought to stand up against sanji that is good enought

and a strong female is a mermaid they are beutiful and will have teh physical force of zoro when they are three so i think that one of them should join

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J@ffzz

i got your point... but luffy doesn't not care usefullness..

anything strange unussual or at least amuse him... will probably be in the strawhat crew

beside anyone who ask to joined the crew joined except for the bushy guy in the box from the early beggining...

Now 20% Cooler 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sahugani's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by movingstone
    i got your point... but luffy doesn't not care usefullness..

anything strange unussual or at least amuse him... will probably be in the strawhat crew

beside anyone who ask to joined the crew joined except for the bushy guy in the box from the early beggining...
    well you got a point. While Luffy is more than willing to accept anyone if they amuse him, i'm not sure Oda feels the same. I personally view Brooke as the same type as the guy in the box from before and will endup not joining.

While Luffy was more than willing to recruit Chopper simply cause he's a cool reindeer that transforms, don't forget that he was also exactly what the crew needed at that time, a doctor. in addition to that, we had already seen his skill in combat by the time Luffy asked him.

whille Luffy doesn't care about usefulness, Oda knows that it is needed for the progression of the story. unless Brooke can perform dark magic like Jack Skellington from Kingdom Hearts (one of the best games ever btw) i can't see how he can be useful in combat or in ship work with no muscle and no skills except as a musician (and i seriously believe that it is better for Oda to keep Luffy wanting one). also, unlike the current crew members' individual quirks, Brooke's massive rudeness in all aspects of interaction (to which he is completely unaware) would soon get old if he joined

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sahugani
    well you got a point. While Luffy is more than willing to accept anyone if they amuse him, i'm not sure Oda feels the same. I personally view Brooke as the same type as the guy in the box from before and will endup not joining.

While Luffy was more than willing to recruit Chopper simply cause he's a cool reindeer that transforms, don't forget that he was also exactly what the crew needed at that time, a doctor. in addition to that, we had already seen his skill in combat by the time Luffy asked him.

whille Luffy doesn't care about usefulness, Oda knows that it is needed for the progression of the story. unless Brooke can perform dark magic like Jack Skellington from Kingdom Hearts (one of the best games ever btw) i can't see how he can be useful in combat or in ship work with no muscle and no skills except as a musician (and i seriously believe that it is better for Oda to keep Luffy wanting one). also, unlike the current crew members' individual quirks, Brooke's massive rudeness in all aspects of interaction (to which he is completely unaware) would soon get old if he joined
    Yeah ... but both oda and luffy have been hinting at a musician since day / chapter 1 ... almost.
    I see brooke having as much of a place with the strawhats as I did when robin first joined. I was like WTF isn't she a villian??? Is Brooke what I imagined when I thought of the Strawhats musician? NO. Is he a bad character? No. Do I think Oda has some really cool surprises in store for us with his character? Hell Yeah!!!
    So in closing "If" Oda does decide to make him a permanant character I'm sure I'll wind up loving him as much as I do the other strawhat's. But I'll admit it might take some time for him to look "Not out of place."
    Man who would've thought someone could be so weird they'd look out of place with A rubberman, a punkrocket Cyborg, A transforming reindeer, and a whole other bucket o'crazy that make up the mugiwara kaizoku.

Now 20% Cooler 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sahugani's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-panda
    Yeah ... but both oda and luffy have been hinting at a musician since day / chapter 1 ... almost.
    I see brooke having as much of a place with the strawhats as I did when robin first joined. I was like WTF isn't she a villian??? Is Brooke what I imagined when I thought of the Strawhats musician? NO. Is he a bad character? No. Do I think Oda has some really cool surprises in store for us with his character? Hell Yeah!!!
    well i think that Robin's situation is slightly different. there are 2 clear reasons why she joined the crew (though i admit that both of those reasons were not apparent at the start of the Alabasta arc, so we could still get equivalent reasons in this arc). First of all, Oda had just introduced a mystery that quite clearly affects the overall plot of One Piece, the Poneglyphs. Robin joined the crew bacause Oda needs to keep up the entire poneglyph story and so the archaeologist is needed. the second (and i think better) reason is because Vivi had just left. She had been a nakama through Little Garden, Drum, and Alabasta, so its not like Oda could just dump her and still have the crew seem complete. Robin joined as a replacement to fill the hole that Vivi left. Now i don't see either of those reasons repeating themselves in the coming arc, but i will admit that there is still a chance for relatable circumstances to appear and give a good reason for Brooke to join. i don't know what they could be and still doubt that they would happen, but i will say there is a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-panda
    So in closing "If" Oda does decide to make him a permanant character I'm sure I'll wind up loving him as much as I do the other strawhat's. But I'll admit it might take some time for him to look "Not out of place."
    just because i say i can't imagine him actually joining the crew doesn't mean i wouldn't like it if he did. He's one of the most amusing characters Oda has ever created (and he's got somes serious competition there) and i'd also be happy to see some musician antics and skull jokes.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

he is alittle to rde but he could get over it just like robin and the whole belonging to one group thing (glad that is resolved) but still another weak crew member would be silly he would be a good addition to the crew cause he adds comedy and a skill that they dont have / need music, but in combat can he handle him self even ussop can do that if he s super weak he has no place on a crew that small they all need to be a certain level

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OP_overlord
    he is alittle to rde but he could get over it just like robin and the whole belonging to one group thing (glad that is resolved) but still another weak crew member would be silly he would be a good addition to the crew cause he adds comedy and a skill that they dont have / need music, but in combat can he handle him self even ussop can do that if he s super weak he has no place on a crew that small they all need to be a certain level
    Considering he ran into thriller Bark without a second thought and no hesitation what-so-ever, I doubt he's weak. Either that or he has nothing to loose. Plus if he moves that fast I doubt he's completly lacking in battle skills. But I also don't see him being as formidable as Franky, the newest mugiwara.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah but he could just be light and thus be quick and that would slove the running on water thing / and the high jumps

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Pevee's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah but he could just be light and thus be quick and that would slove the running on water thing / and the high jumps
    He is lighter than average human being, he only got bones. Also, he got to be strong to be able to roam around in the grand line (and that triangle in particular) alone. I doubt if that's enough for Oda, but again, we haven't seen all his power yet. Hope we can see some more of his coolness next chapter.
    ...the life of man, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short....

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah and mainly his power weak people dont belong on the crew atleast vivi had a good story but i still didnt like her she was a loser and muched off the crew to much so he has to have some powers

he only stays in the triangle so he doesnt disappear forever and he is scared of ghost's so he cant be that strong

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah and mainly his power weak people dont belong on the crew atleast vivi had a good story but i still didnt like her she was a loser and muched off the crew to much so he has to have some powers

he only stays in the triangle so he doesnt disappear forever and he is scared of ghost's so he cant be that strong
    Ussop chopper were scared of ghosts too.
    And Nami was really weak when she joined up with the strawhats ... both her first join up and after arlong park. But look at her now. Everyone of the strawhats are not freakishly strong ... just most of them.

Thread Closed
Page 12 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast