Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 165 of 167 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 2503

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama...

Quote Originally Posted by Xerous View Post
    Still confused he said due to robin looking like Hancock Perona has no chance that jyst doesn't make since.

I want him to explain himself
    I think he meant Hancock instead of Perona. Now that makes sense. You're welcome

Would be interesting if later on Luffy recruited a pirate trying to attack the crew that luffy took an interest in. Something a bit like how Ace became a WB pirate. But maybe that would be later on in the New world. Something tells me Luffy is not going to stop recruiting. I mean, if he meets someone interesting with a large will then I dont see luffy thinking to himself that he has enough members and cant recruit another.
    Last edited by Freid; October 04, 2010 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    I think he meant Hancock instead of Perona. Now that makes sense. You're welcome
    <hr noshade size="1">
    Would be interesting if later on Luffy recruited a pirate trying to attack the crew that luffy took an interest in. Something a bit like how Ace became a WB pirate. But maybe that would be later on in the New world. Something tells me Luffy is not going to stop recruiting. I mean, if he meets someone interesting with a large will then I dont see luffy thinking to himself that he has enough members and cant recruit another.
    i cant see anther member joining after they reach the new world....if they dont get one before they leave fishman island i dont see them getting another.

all of luffys crew are basically division commanders. so i cant see them having a large crew of more than 10 or 11. they will get help from others when necessary.

the strawhats are a bunch of freaks anyway.....so why not complete it with a fishman.

oda doesnt introduce names for no reason. like he did with kong then we saw him, and when the level 6 prisoners that joined BB were eventually shown. so i think he introduced fisher tiger for a reason. no im not saying he joins cause he is dead, but maybe he had a son that will join.

i fishman modeled after a tiger shark that uses fishman karate

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    i cant see anther member joining after they reach the new world....if they dont get one before they leave fishman island i dont see them getting another.

all of luffys crew are basically division commanders. so i cant see them having a large crew of more than 10 or 11. they will get help from others when necessary.

the strawhats are a bunch of freaks anyway.....so why not complete it with a fishman.

oda doesnt introduce names for no reason. like he did with kong then we saw him, and when the level 6 prisoners that joined BB were eventually shown. so i think he introduced fisher tiger for a reason. no im not saying he joins cause he is dead, but maybe he had a son that will join.

i fishman modeled after a tiger shark that uses fishman karate
    You say all of the strawhat crew are basically division commanders with the knowledge that there were 16 of them but then you say that is why you dont see the crew having more than 10 or 11 members which does not make sense. If you admit the Strawhats are basically like the commanders then you cant discard the possibly that just like the commanders, there could be as much as 16 of them. However, 16 members aint my prediction. Probably around 12 or 13. I think you are misunderstanding. I know there would probably be a fishman joining the crew. I never said there wasn't going to be a Fishman. I can simply see the crew recruiting more members in the future on top of a fishman joining. I think it would be at a much slower rate though than the rate the current members joined. Im simply predicting that in the new world, instead of Luffy recruiting people based on things they specialize in, Luffy could recruit people he develops an interest in and have a dream to also become a pirate. Its like what happened with Vivi, after he developed an interest in her, he wasn't against her joining the crew if she wanted.
    Last edited by Freid; October 04, 2010 at 07:58 PM.
    Why So Serious?

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    You say all of the strawhat crew are basically division commanders whilst knowing that there were 16 of them but then you say that is why you dont see the crew having more than 10 or 11 members which does not make sense. If you admit the Strawhats are basically like the commanders then you cant discard the possibly that just like the commanders, there could be as much as 16 of them. However, 16 members aint my prediction. Probably around 12 or 13. I think you are misunderstanding. I know there would probably be a fishman joining the crew. I never said there wasn't going to be a Fishman. I can simply see the crew recruiting more members in the future on top of a fishman joining. I think it would be at a much slower rate though than the rate the current members joined. Im simply predicting that in the new world, instead of Luffy recruiting people based on things they specialize in, Luffy could recruit people he develops an interest in and have a dream to also become a pirate. Its like what happened with Vivi, after he developed an interest in her, he wasn't against her joining the crew if she wanted.
    all of the strawhats have astronomical dreams that are thought to be unattainable. that is the main thing a member has to have t be able to join.

of all the characters that has been introduced none of them have this

12 or 13 are to many,,,,,oda will have 2 many characters to drawh every week and it would be hard to get each member proper face time

the lst member will either be fisher tiger child or kokoro's son and chimneys father

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Kokoro
    Last edited by chess4; October 04, 2010 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    all of the strawhats have astronomical dreams that are thought to be unattainable. that is the main thing a member has to have t be able to join.
    of all the characters that has been introduced none of them have this

12 or 13 are to many,,,,,oda will have 2 many characters to drawh every week and it would be hard to get each member proper face time
    <hr noshade size="1">
    the lst member will either be fisher tiger child or kokoro's son and chimneys father

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Kokoro
    Firstly, im guessing you're mistaking me for one of the people that say Boa Hancock or Perona will join. I never said once in my post that we will get a member we have already been introduced to. I clearly said in both of my posts that i think we will get more members in the New world, as in someone we meet in the future. However, where has luffy ever been shown to demand the need for his members to have a dream thought to be unattainable. Robin wanted to be in his crew and he let her before any knowledge of her being an historian. Luffy didnt mind Vivi in the crew. I also never knew that Usopps dream to be a 'brave warrior of the sea' was a dream thought to be unachievable. Its true that each member has a dream they simply want to fulfil, but I didnt know that you could only find people that dream only in the first half of the Grand line. The fact that there are people with dreams they want to fulfil would not change even in the New world. The same way Luffy developed an interest for such people in the past is the same way he can in the New world. I also dont get how you can just claim what is too much for Oda to draw even if it sounds too much for you. Fans always forget that they aint mangakas, so naturally things the mangakas do would seem impossible to them and difficult to handle. That is why mangakas such as Oda and Kishimoto are so good, cause they can handle things like that
    Last edited by Freid; October 05, 2010 at 07:14 AM.
    Why So Serious?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kurosaki-Kakashi's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that the additionnal crewmates will come after in the new world !!! Luffy said in the begining of the serie that he want to have at least 10 members in his crew so maybe Oda will organize the rest of the serie like the grandline part Luffy will try to ask the most interesting character in each arc to join his crew. And maybe he will join or not but it's sure they will be at least one or 2 more SH!!!

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BlackSword's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Final main crew will probably be 11(including Luffy) Our 2 new crew members will come After the Fishman Arc once we enter the New World... And I'm thinking Oda will give us some variation on the SH normal recruitment method. (I.E Luffy see's someone he likes...) I think we are going to find someone who actually wants to join the crew which would be new and cool! (Still Hoping for a cabin boy/girl! Age 13-15) And for our last crew member we will probably see someone highly unlikely join the crew... (I.E Former Marine/WG official... )

"The black blade that cuts your troubles away."
    Spoiler: One Piece Predictions ~ 09/06/2012  show

Supporter of Usopp: Cleavage diving extraordinaire! - 09/29/2010
    My opinions are subject to Radical, Unpredictable, Illogical change without notice.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrownedClown View Post
    Final main crew will probably be 11(including Luffy) Our 2 new crew members will come After the Fishman Arc once we enter the New World... And I'm thinking Oda will give us some variation on the SH normal recruitment method. (I.E Luffy see's someone he likes...) I think we are going to find someone who actually wants to join the crew which would be new and cool! (Still Hoping for a cabin boy/girl! Age 13-15) And for our last crew member we will probably see someone highly unlikely join the crew... (I.E Former Marine/WG official... )
    so u dont think a fishman will join. why would they have a cabin boy since they are a very young crew themselves. oda never intended for the story to go this long and when luffy started he said he wanted 10 members before entering the grandline. now i think since the story has gone on so long that oda has changed it from the grandline to entering the new world with 10 members.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrownedClown View Post
    Robin wanted to join the crew, She was not invited by Luffy.

And well, according to chess on the spoiler thread, Marguerite joined the Kuja Pirates. I hope that's enough to take her down of the list of possibles.
    Boa not followed Luffy to SA, so I guess She's out of this too. Jimbei still could be on the running, Perona not appearing is a sign that we wont see her again (She wasn't even mention by Rayleigh or Shakky!) or at least very likely to.

Now the strongest candidate is a Fishman dude. Which I think it would be really cool depending on the design mostly because the "powers" it will have are already cool according to the race.
    Anyway, my bets goes to Jewerly Bonney. A previous rival, a supernova, a girl, a strange Devil Fruit ability and a sad past.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I kinda like Jewerly Bonney idea! I mean I felt bad for her when she got caught by blackbeard (sucker for womens tears...) And all things considered she tried to stop Zoro from doing something stupid... I wouldn't find it far fetched for the SH to sneak in somewhere and stumble upon a captive Bonney and set her free... Would be awesome (I definitely like her as a member of the crew...) much more than I like Jimbei...

My opinions are subject to Radical, Unpredictable, Illogical change without notice.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Ans She wont betray anyone on her crew because everyone was killed!

Ok, that sounded less jerk in my head >_>
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LordUriel View Post
    Ans She wont betray anyone on her crew because everyone was killed!

Ok, that sounded less jerk in my head >_>
    Hahaha no worries I understand. Yeah she seems like a nice possible candidate! And her DF power doesn't seem so OP that she is ruled out... (IMHO Jimbei was always to strong to join the SH.)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Evec's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Arlong a possible choice? He wasn't in Impel Down so who knows... Maybe he's at Fishman Island and Jimbei can force him to join or something lol
    Hello

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ok this chapter has made things a bit more clearer.

so far over the past few months a lot of names have been thrown out and here are some of the mor popular ones.........mr 2, perona, hancock, maugerite, and jimbei. im going to break them down a little bit.

mr 2- i think he is still alive, but he will not join. sanji has trained with the okama for 2 years and i think he will have a mix of his own style with newkama kempo. i cant see oda putting another okama kempo user in the crew since they would be the same.

perona-i thought she had as much of a chance as hurcules to join. the fact that she didnt show up with zoro severly lessens her chances.

maugerite- she is now a kuja pirate like a said earlier, that was her dream. she will not become a a strawhat and plus after the skip she would not be strong enough to join.

hancock-she didnt arrive with luffy, but she is so love sick she could possible follow him to fishman island. she has history with the greatest fishman, fiher tiger so if she came along more could be revealed, but i doubt it. a key thing is this
    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/40324560/3
    the last panel.....they said they would help whenever they needed them. they are not as tough or much of a threat without boa, so i think for that reason she will not join. she is funny as hell but she will stay behind.

jinbei-i think he is the leader of the sunny pirates but we will have to wait and see. of all the character he has the best chance, just by process of elimination.

final verdict-the next strawhat member will be a new character. my guess is a fishman but who knows with oda

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member caco's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont think nami will be happy about that, if a fishman of arlong crew must be the new sh it will be hachi but i dont think any of them will be the new nakama.

I was thinking that maybe SH crew need an aprentice :P that will be the funiest thing.

Thread Closed
Page 165 of 167 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 LastLast