Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 52 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 2503

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama...

  1. #766
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    Denmark
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Strawhat's New Nakama...

    Is't the keyword for the strawhats outsiders?

    Zorro? The lonely Proud bounty hunter?
    Nami? Hated by her town salling around to get money...
    Usopp? Lied to the town at got chased by them
    Sanji? An outsider at the resturant, How many did like him there?
    Chopper? He was afraid of humans and bullied by them.
    Robin? Outsider at Ohara, and also later.
    Franky? He had the franky Family, but wasn't that because he was an outsider anyway?
    Brook? Salling around by himself for 50 years?

    Buggy? Loved by his crew?
    (+ Odas favoirete valian, and then stupid one)

    Boa has the intire country...
    Last edited by Son Sebbe; January 21, 2009 at 01:52 PM.

  2. #767
    MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Posts
    1,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Strawhat's New Nakama...

    Quote Originally Posted by Son Sebbe View Post
    Is't the keyword for the strawhats outsiders?

    Zorro? The lonely Proud bounty hunter?
    Nami? Hated by her town salling around to get money...
    Usopp? Lied to the town at got chased by them
    Sanji? An outsider at the resturant, How many did like him there?
    Chopper? He was afraid of humans and bullied by them.
    Robin? Outsider at Ohara, and also later.
    Franky? He had the franky Family, but wasn't that because he was an outsider anyway?
    Brook? Salling around by himself for 50 years?

    Buggy? Loved by his crew?
    (+ Odas favoirete valian, and then stupid one)

    Boa has the intire country...
    Zoro had Yosaku and Johnny. He could also had returned to the dojo, if he wasn't such a orienteering talent.

    They didn't hate Nami, not after they learnt why she was working with Arlong. They all loved her, and were ready to fight Arlong partly for her case. And there was party at the end too, and the goodbyes and stuff.

    At Usopp's town, they were kinda sad after the local lunatic dissapeared. Usopp also had Kaya and his own three "man" crew.

    Remember the end of Baratie arc? What was between Sanji and the other chefs was healthy rivalry, not hate or discrimanation. They also softened after learning the tale behind Sanji and Jeff.

    It's true there has been some lonelines on the surface, but I wouldn't go saying it is characteristic of a new nakama. The other SH can also be argued with this point, but i'm not going to do that if isnt necessary, as it takes a lot of time to write -_-

  3. #768
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Strawhat's New Nakama...

    In a way Son Sebbe is on target. Though they may be loved and adored, the Strawhat's are generally outsiders else they would not leave their own homes to go on some crazy adventure with an equally crazy pirate. It is this exact reason why Vivi never joined.

    Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.


    Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

  4. #769
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,874
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Strawhat's New Nakama...

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    More like.
    * Brooke: afro+skelleton -> perfect in Luffys mind. g
    Just having watched the latest episode. If Boa were to join, those "can I see your pantys" jokes would end totaly brutal.^^
    Skeletons and ghost pirates is something very common in pirate stories, just see Pirates of the Caribbean. It is normal to have someone like Brook in the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    And does Blackbeard has to be the final boss? Luffy has no need to attack him and vice versa too. Both, like every other Supernova, have the same dream of becoming Pirate King. And it's Ace and WB problem to deal with him.
    That's correct. Luffy is like that. It doesn't mather what Teach does to his brother, if he already had done it, Luffy doesn't care, Luffy would even save his like if he could, as he did with Smoker. They will be rivals, as wit every Supernova and whomever.

    Moderator message by: Yabe
    There's now a thread dedicating to the discussion of whether or not Blackbeard should be the final boss in One Piece HERE, so further post discussing about the matter after this one please bring it to the proper thread.
    Last edited by Yabe; January 22, 2009 at 06:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  5. #770
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member toxun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Country
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Strawhat's New Nakama...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukisama View Post
    No more off-topic discussion of family relations. Focus on the topic of the possibilities of characters joining the Strawhat crew. ~ Tsukisama
    Uhh seemed I have to make an explanation. Actually I rise family like relationship to explained the aftermath of if only the person is joining a strawhat. As song "Family" that Oda sensei also like (mentioned on SBS) they're not relative nor sibling but they're family. There's father that provide them home & equipment, a loving mother that watching them and providing them with useful advises, a perverted grandfather even so try his best to protect his family, first & second son has common manly rivalry try to prove whose the best, first daughter try to keep members of the family in rhythm, the youngest child intend to be innocent & shy that attempt to be a brave man. The two others even though they're a bit stupid, they had strong will and will do anything to protect the family. My thought is the more likely those person more easily getting infused into the current family member, is more likely of them of possibility of joining the family (I seen it from aftermath possibility, while usually using background/past). So the aftermath prediction is Hancock will have a rivalry with Robin (almost similar joining reason, and you know Robin had hit on captain & else). I can't thought about another persons what will they do, but Perona who'll be second daughter who'll be make a rivalry with Nami about treasures (both are material girl) & Chopper (both like this last kid ). I though about it because it seemed their authority a bit too wide & had no rivalry, so if the incoming member balance this situation. Just think about it, we know Luffy used to get blamed for wasting money on food/eating too much, but nobody blamed them (the girls) from spending too much money on their clothes

  6. #771
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,874
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Strawhat's New Nakama...

    Think about how Bibi would fit on the family. She is a stepsister that live in another home?
    Actually Perona would be a rival to Nami, in a pettry much like Zoro and Sanji, but much much more obssessive. =P
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  7. #772
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,373
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Strawhat's New Nakama...

    I dont think the family thing is such a good reference to find a new posible member. I always thought oda was half joking about that and simply came up with it as he made it up given that it was simply a fan question. Also any character could fill a position in a family context, for example:

    buggy: Crazy uncle
    WB: Grandpa
    perona: bitch sister
    jimbei: favorite cool uncle or fish pet
    hancock: cousin, girlfriend w/e
    BB: Black sheep of the family, crazy uncle everyone ignores, excentric grandfather ect...
    mr 3: third degree cousin no one really knows..
    and so on....

  8. #773
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    6,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Strawhat's New Nakama...

    Quote Originally Posted by toxun View Post
    Uhh seemed I have to make an explanation.
    I made the comment not because of your statement but because of the subsequent statements, which seemed to lose track of relating it to the search for new nakama and focused too much on simply discussing possible family parallels.

    As long as the post directly relates to a nakama joining, it is fine, but if any more of these family posts don't they will just be deleted.

  9. #774
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Google
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Strawhat's New Nakama...

    Quote Originally Posted by bittman View Post
    Luffy cannot control Haki. Hancock can. Find me the obvious mistranslation that I must have been going off for the last 10 chapters which ruins this simple argument for me. If saying that she can "fully" control haki is the issue, then I say Luffy cannot "fully" control his devil fruit. I mean, if he could he would currently have done every imaginable attack by now and we might as well end One Piece next chapter.

    Case in Point: No-one fully masters anything. A master who believes he knows all is not a master - Confucius (not really, it was ME!)

    I just wanted to say Imitorar made another great post. Actually, I love anyone who doesn't rank all Shichibukai as lesser villains. I mean, do the people who argue this even remember:
    * Blackbeard - final boss
    * Mihawk - final Zoro boss
    * Doflamingo - highest revealed bounty so far
    * Kuma - defeated Strawhat crew...twice...

    Anyway, don't want to expand on this more since it's getting off topic. Happy to discuss any of it in the Shichibukai thread.

    More on topic: With Imitorar again. Can't see Hancock or Jimbei joining. Don't know people want Hancock to give up her position, Luffy needs more powerful allies who can help him rather than more crew members than Oda can shake a paintbrush at. I already feel the stress with 9 Strawhats. I can't shake the feeling we're closing in on our last member...
    Hmm...going off topic here a bit but is it really fair to give arguably the strongest Shichibuki(Kuma, BB, and Mihawk) that we've seen and then say that they are the level the rest of the Shichibuki are on? Not saying their lesser villains really because their "Top Tier Villains" or whatever but is it really fair to make the generalization.

    On-Topic: I defintely think that Oda will have all 10 crewmembers before they enter the New World. As we all know Fisherman Island Arc(and thus New World) is probablly almost right after the Impel Down Arc and considering how big Impel Down is going to be I can see why people would assume that a new Nakama is forthcoming rather soon.

    Especially since it's believed that we still need 2 new Nakama and I would think it likely that one will be gained right in the middle of the Grand Line. So I can fully understand the Nakama Craze but as of right now despite the fact that I think and want Buggy to join it's still not very likely that he'll join. I see Hancock and Jinibea as even less likely.

  10. #775
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Strawhat's New Nakama...

    Quote Originally Posted by Onomatopoeia View Post
    Hmm...going off topic here a bit but is it really fair to give arguably the strongest Shichibuki(Kuma, BB, and Mihawk) that we've seen and then say that they are the level the rest of the Shichibuki are on? Not saying their lesser villains really because their "Top Tier Villains" or whatever but is it really fair to make the generalization.
    Actually, my point was against generalisation. I know Hancock and Crocodile wouldn't stand a chance against Yonkou's, but I was responding to people saying any Yonkou could beat any Shichibukai hands down. Grouping them in either way is terrible, so I plucked out the four Shichibukai who should easily hold their own against Whitebeard, let alone any other Yonkou. But yeah, enough of that off topic stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by Onomatopoeia View Post
    On-Topic: I defintely think that Oda will have all 10 crewmembers before they enter the New World. As we all know Fisherman Island Arc(and thus New World) is probablly almost right after the Impel Down Arc and considering how big Impel Down is going to be I can see why people would assume that a new Nakama is forthcoming rather soon.

    Especially since it's believed that we still need 2 new Nakama and I would think it likely that one will be gained right in the middle of the Grand Line. So I can fully understand the Nakama Craze but as of right now despite the fact that I think and want Buggy to join it's still not very likely that he'll join. I see Hancock and Jinibea as even less likely.
    Does Fishman Island not count as the new world? It's about 50/50.

    I do agree with a Fishman though, but if Luffy was to hit the magic 10 (i.e tenth invite to his crew) then I feel it would have to be in the new world. We've gotten used to the formula that Luffy has a chance of inviting someone to his crew at any given moment, won't it seem weird if he suddenly stops this partway through the new world.

    I mean, if Luffy meets an interesting character in the new world (as he's bound to do), why would Oda suddenly drop the running method/joke of him inviting the being? If then in the new world we found it was only ever a joke and there was no hope that anyone new would ever join Luffy again, then some of the magical One Piece formula is lost. We'll still love and adore it naturally, but change is an unpredictable thing.

    So I don't see the magical ten as being met or that Luffy will stop inviting any time soon. I wouldn't be surprised if the Strawhat's get a new member at Chapter 998/1000.

    Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.


    Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

  11. #776
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Strawhat's New Nakama...

    I still like Pirate Empress Hancock to join. I think she has motive(Luffy love) and opportunity (the previous Empress left for the same reason). Will she actually join....i have no idea. But i think it would be cool. I like the idea of a crew member who is mean one second but every time Luffy walks past she turns super nice.

    I originally liked Margrett to join, but apparently i was thinking too small. If Oda adds an amazon i think it's going to be Hancock, she the only one with a strong reason to want to go with him and she is the strongest of the bunch.

    I disregard formula's of what it takes for someone to be a straw hat, because Oda doesn't seem like the type to work off of mathematical equations. In One Piece anything is possible. Could Buggy join? Sure, if that's the way Oda wants it. Could Ace join? Same answer. Could Perona join? No matter who we are talking about i think the answer is the same.

    Who on this forum would have predicted Franky would join the week after he beat Usopp and stole his money on Water 7? I strongly believe the only deciding factors for being a straw hat is Luffy wanting them on his ship, and that person wanting to go with him.
    Last edited by Jammin; January 25, 2009 at 03:32 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

  12. #777
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,373
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Strawhat's New Nakama...

    Wouldnt it be fun if marco joins luffys crew? Then luffy would have succeded where shanks failed lol.

  13. #778
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    sArrr!land
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    534
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Strawhat's New Nakama...

    Then Buggy had to join too^^

  14. #779
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member toxun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Country
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Strawhat's New Nakama...

    Hmm, Momonga said it need Admiral to deal with Shirohige Top Commanders. Just think which Admiral could take down Ace if only they fight equally? (Fire will melt Ice, while Light could harm the Fire & the opposite also apply. Don't know about Akainu yet though ). If Luffy going to recruit strong comrade as strong as admiral I think previously he's got to be at Admiral level at least.

  15. #780
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member c0nflikt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Search for Strawhat's New Nakama...

    I've resolved too whoever oda chooses will be great, i hope luffy brings the whole jailbreak alliance with him =D
    Quote Originally Posted by Character
    Constantine Woe • Captain • Juggernaut Pirates • Markswoman/Inventorr
    • Bounty :0 • SD Earned : 200 • Beli : 53,687,500 • L : Grand Line
    Strength: 50 | Speed: 50 | Stamina: 30 | Accuracy: 102 | Fortune: 58

    Check out my blog!
    Twitter: @CorpseMoney

Thread Closed
Page 52 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts