Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 67 of 167 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2503

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: the Search for Strawhat's New Nakama...

Quote Originally Posted by Julmari View Post
    That would be stupid (sorry for that)
    if there was a gun that ate a DF in their crew that would be stupid cause the weapon couldn't increase its power
    But if their ship ate a DF...
    If their ship ate a DF the Strawhats would sink, or did you forget that who or whatever eats a Devil Fruit becomes a Hammer in water.

No, all the SHs have 2 things in common. An unique dream, and an occupation on the ship. I'm thinking the next SH nakama would be a fishman, who acts as a lifeguard for DF users. Don't know what his dream would be though.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Search for Strawhat's New Nakama...

the crew is seperated atm it will be imposible for any one to join before they meet toghether without braking its spirit. from that i bet it will be someone we didnt meet yet and i would put my (virtual) money on that.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BlkHorus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda is putting in alot of work bringing in the former enemies from Luffy's past as he and his crew entered the grandline....and right before he enters the new world. Think about it, after all the other little bouts Luffy and his crew had before entering the grandline, Croc and his team were there first heavy hitters that Luffy's crew had to take on to actually step up and be ready for the adventures and dangers on the grandline with facing other pirates and such. Now before getting into the new world, Luffy's progress and strength is being shown here by comparing it to the last (or first) big/complex obstacle he had to that got him ready for the grandline. This is kinda serving as the same....he has now met five of the shicibukai and only one of the Yonkou...this is his moment to finally step up more and more into the light of being seen as more than a rookie and that he will be taken seriously probably by others in the new world. So this had to be epic.......just as his gaining a new nakama I think will not happen her in this arc. I think that since they have been talking about mermaid island for sooo long, I really have a feeling that they will gain a new nakama from there instead of this arc. I mean Oda has done well at getting us to think that he would get Margret, then Hancock, and now Bon clay. Probably before the end of this arc, we will think that even croc will join his crew. But all to no avail to not gain a new crew member.... I mean we just saw Luffy gain a new nakama in Thriller bark... I think Oda will give atleast another mini-arc or so with the entire crew together before gaining a new crew memeber.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

My point is that once the character has joined, you can find a dream easily. But you can not say someone will not join because he doesn't have a dream. The principal reason is that we don't know yet if they have any. The dream, (like the flashback) comes when Oda develops the characters. If you take franky for Example, his dream was revealed after it was 99% sure he was joining.
    Also, even if I agree that every Strawhat has a "dream", there is some of them which dream has no relation with them joining the crew (chopper and Brook in particular). In the case of Brook, his objective to fulfill the promess he made with laboon is even in complete contradiction with him joining. Hence I find the "dream" has lost of its initial importance.

The only person which fill the traditionnal conditions in the list is hancock and to my mind she is the one with the lowest probability to join the crew

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the main reason I believe it is the dream that is the telling point is all because of one character:

Vivi

As you said k-dom, many people have joined the Strawhat's and later revealed a true dream (Robin, Nami, Franky and Brook all examples of varying degrees). However, whether they actually stick around is based on whether Oda can form a dream which can only be seen through by traveling with Luffy and his crew. The dream has to be not only strong enough for the character to forfeit any other option, but something Oda can work with in the future.

Vivi had a "dream", but it was not a "Strawhat" dream, though by all recounts she is a retired-Strawhat. Almost all of Oda's characters have dreams, but they are very often not "Strawhat" dreams.

So in a way, I look at characters now and think "Ok this person has a dream. Is it powerful enough and does it work with Luffy's?" As mentioned, none of the poll really has a dream of this level and though they "could" develop a dream of this level in the future, there should still be hints.

For example:
    Brooke could have been thought of as a true candidate after mentioning Laboon.
    Franky after Tom's flashback.
    etc.

Some hints are more obvious than others. Some don't reveal their dreams until well after it's 100% that they'll join. Some don't even have enormous hints.

But all in all, in hindsight that's what clinches it. Foresight is of course a little harder especially as most rules can be thrown off by Robin alone, but the dream still prevailed to some extent.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dark_Pirate_King's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    Will you stop reading One Piece if it happens ? Are you crazy ?
    i was just trying to say that it sucks ass if it happens..and yeah i don't stop reading this but it would be totally let down.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Algeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama...

if vegapunk arc will be shown probably luffy will have a devil fruit scientist crew...for them to upgrade and boost their df powers...plus history of the df fruits will be unfold to us!!!...so a scientist member for SHs should not be took for granted..^^..

at first i wish hancock would join but i accepted it now due to the fact that she doesn't have any position on the ship...plus she is a shichibukai nad a country to protect..but ODA's mind is a complete mystery will never know..only he can decide and tell..

lastly, a fishman like cocoro-san should join the hilarious crew...a mermaid with a human appearance is perfect!!!

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

well, a scientist crewmmember would only negate ussop's creative abilities... upgrades to weapons is what he does usually (referring to the pachinko and the clima-tact). so, i believe a scientist crewmate is unlikely... what they need imo is a real pet(not chopper) which abilities can synergize with a weak crewmember like ussop so as to strengthen his battle skills (but then again, he has sogeking alter-ego so maybe he doesn't need anymore) or a fishman (which probably not one of the introduced characters yet)..

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Flow9's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

they just need a good fighter that can help out luffy and the crew at anytime, but is a watchout guy because zorro doesn't need to be a watchout guy.A teleporter would be good.
    i might be able to kill you with my cuteness.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Trancesetter's Avatar
    Country
    Maldives
    Post Thanks / Like

Though I voted for Boa Hancock, I also know that it has a very (very very very) small probability of joining SH.
    1. She is the empress of the Kuja warriors (homeland attachment.. too strong..)
    2. She's a Shichibukai for the sake of protecting her island
    3. If she's to join SH, who will replace her as the empress? Her sisters? Unlikely

well I could be wrong, since I'm a mere human, and not Oda-sensei

I voted just for the sake of having fun looking at it. Boa Hancock's love-struck expressions. Priceless.
    (and moreover, especially after this)

Quote Originally Posted by bittman View Post
    I'm 50/50 on Bon Clay. With all the other Baroque Works members and transvestites escaping, I wonder what he'll do. Sure, he didn't have that connection with them other than to do work, but he's still missing those couple of vital points which would put him as a Strawhat (a dream in particular).
    I personally think Bon Clay will follow Emporio Ivankov (and become his/her First Mate, no pun intended).. he worships Ivankov, willing to go down to ID's Lv 5 to accompany Luffy and to see Ivankov; and knowing this Luffy will probably tell Bon Clay to go with Ivankov (I can see lightning-quick approval from Sanji, if he's still 'normal', that is ), if Bon Clay ever ask Luffy for him to join SH.
    Last edited by Trancesetter; June 01, 2009 at 05:52 AM.
    Any dream worth having is a dream worth fighting for...

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

For the moment, there are no searchs for the next SH, as the SH crew has been spread over the world. Stop about that. It is not so easy to enter the crew as Zoro said it : to enter the crew, the first prerogative is to have met the crew, not only the captain.
    Maybe a future SH later as they will reunite but I really doubt about it. I think the fact that Kuma has split them can be seen as the fact the SH crew is complete. That seals symbolically the SH crew for me. Moreover, symbolically, the first part of GL has been crossed : it fits well with the sealing of the crew.
    Shanks had new nakamas on the NW like Rockstar, WB did too, but the SH crew is an exception as it is a small crew.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Im expecting the last crew member to be a girl because it would fit well in the SH, especially a DF user. I thought about Margaret(though shes not a DF user) since he would fit well with Nami and Robin but them he left for impel down without her so...i guess it will be a new character or Hancock who fit well in my assumption.

With the addition of a new DF user they would have 5 non users and 5 users. lol

Also, it is known that Luffy wanted 10 members on the first hand so, thats why im expecting one more.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I just find it odd that if they gain a member here before the New World and adhere to Luffy's very rough estimation early in his adventure of only having 10 crew members then that means the crew will not gain a single member in the second half of the Grand Line in the New World.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member skullshuriken734's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

you counted luffy in that
    luffy said he wanted 10 crewmates so 11 in all
    1)zoro
    2)nami
    3)ussop
    4)sanji
    5)chopper
    6)robin
    7)franky
    8)brooke
    9)???
    10)???

we have two more crewmates to go
    personally the crew needs a fishman (perhaps one they meet at fishman island cuz none of these characters now do the crew any justice)
    and an ex villain like someone who the crew beat or luffy beat and then he becomes a crewmate cuz they shared a common goal
    (perhaps buggy since his crew has started moving on without him plus since he is the SH's FIRST PIRATE enemy he stands a good chance)
    i have no idea what the ex enemy crewmate would do but it would certainly be interesting seeing him and the crew react around the other

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skullshuriken734 View Post
    you counted luffy in that
    luffy said he wanted 10 crewmates so 11 in all
    1)zoro
    2)nami
    3)ussop
    4)sanji
    5)chopper
    6)robin
    7)franky
    8)brooke
    9)???
    10)???
    Do not forget that Thousand Sunny could be counted as a nakama. After all, that was what had finally happened with the Merry-Go.

Thread Closed
Page 67 of 167 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 ... LastLast