Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The One Piece Dub is Finally OVER.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member goofy_man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: (Dub) 4Kids OFFICIALLY Cancels One Piece Production

Quote Originally Posted by 九尾写輪眼
    ................r u serious??.............Well, there is Naruto, Bleach, Konjiki no GashBell(zatch bell)....and lots of others. Oh and FMA
    Viz only has the FMA manga. FUNImation has the series.
    Spoiler: Truth about pervs show

Spoiler: GSD, in a nutshell show

Spoiler: The wisdom of Fuzzy o_O show

Spoiler: Random facts about me show

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

That's good news for OP fans. That was the most butchered piece of work I have ever seen in my life. It was more likely to turn off potential viewers than attract any new audiences. So even if it might not be dubbed again, still very good news for OP because at least there's hope for a kind of redemption sometimes in the future. Say direct "uncensored" videos, at least. But since the voice acting was terrible, probably just better to redo it all.

I doubt that Naruto would be dropped anytime soon btw, it's pretty popular right now in America. Most of the reason people hate it is because they're more used to the original versions, but the new audience here doesn't care.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member white silver's Avatar
    In an island at the center of the Atlantic Ocean.
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight
    That was the most butchered piece of work I have ever seen in my life.

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]I can watch the most scary/thrilling/horror movie at 12:00 midnight with the lights off under a full moon and not have the same shock as watching a One Piece 4Kids dub in the afternoon.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The One Piece Dub is Finally OVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight
    That's good news for OP fans. That was the most butchered piece of work I have ever seen in my life. It was more likely to turn off potential viewers than attract any new audiences. So even if it might not be dubbed again, still very good news for OP because at least there's hope for a kind of redemption sometimes in the future. Say direct "uncensored" videos, at least. But since the voice acting was terrible, probably just better to redo it all.
    Yeah. I couldn't be happier that a company decided to stop doing dubs for a series. I haven't seen any worse than One Piece ever since I started watching anime, so it seems like it'll be near impossible for the new company to screw it up any worse.

I can actually hope it'll be good, now.

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gigantor21
    Yeah. I couldn't be happier that a company decided to stop doing dubs for a series. I haven't seen any worse than One Piece ever since I started watching anime, so it seems like it'll be near impossible for the new company to screw it up any worse.

I can actually hope it'll be good, now.
    All we have to do is wait and see.
    4Kids hasn't done anything yet......lets hope they do something....

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofy_man
    ...Toei (company who produces One Piece in Japan) could do what they did with the Sailor Moon series and just lock up One Piece and never re-license it.
    We will have to wait and see what happens.
    I can see the lock up happening but they (or somebody I am not quite sure who...was it Viz?) also released the first two seasons of Sailor Moon on a dvd box set unedited. But that was 5 or 8 years after the series was canceled on Toonami. So the same thing could happen with One Piece but the sucky thing with that is...it could be years before that happens.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing what has been done-- already, do you guys think One Piece will ever get an audience as Naruto has in the US?

Post Thanks / Like

Cartoon Network/Toonami seriously hyped up Naruto where as with One Piece they didn't do the same amount of advertising. Unless Toonami starts advertising it more then no. But the dubs do suck and they can be quite confusing.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by studio
    Cartoon Network/Toonami seriously hyped up Naruto where as with One Piece they didn't do the same amount of advertising. Unless Toonami starts advertising it more then no. But the dubs do suck and they can be quite confusing.
    Same thing happened with One Piece and 4Kids.
    They never really hyped it up as much as they did with Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh!

Viz has definitely hyped up the One Piece manga, at least......so the manga is still getting some attention.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by venicia777
    Seeing what has been done-- already, do you guys think One Piece will ever get an audience as Naruto has in the US?
    If it ever got a half-decent dub, and they stop butchering it with editing, i think it would be a hit. One piece is the funniest of the manga that that I've read and the anime carries most of the humor over.

The problem is who would air it. Even if unedited it's target audience is just to young for adult swim and toonami has already been down that road so they won't buy it again. I just don't see anyone out their that would buy/air it.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

So sad that reality. I really dont know why they did it. I have never seen such a butchered great series in my life. And i have watched soo much anime and dubs already.

it is really annoying since one piece is one of the most rivetting anime series.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by venicia777
    So sad that reality. I really dont know why they did it. I have never seen such a butchered great series in my life. And i have watched soo much anime and dubs already.

it is really annoying since one piece is one of the most rivetting anime series.
    It seems like that happens with all my favorite series--the Bleach and Naruto dubs are ho-hum at best, One Piece sucked ass, and Hajime No Ippo (my favorite anime series) has one of the worst dubs I've ever heard. I've heard better dubs on obscure hentai than on Hajime no Ippo (don't ask me how), and One Piece isn't much better.

I guess the popularity of the show doesn't really mean shit after it gets licensed, sometimes.

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just like everyone said this is the best thing that happend to One Piece in America. 4Kids is on of the most horrible licensors here in America. I heard quotes from 4Kids saying that they will edit and Americanize shows so kids won't notice it came from Japan. Hopefully, when One Piece re-airs everything would be like Bleach and Inuyasha where there no edits just crappy English Dubs.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually for those of you who are saying One Piece isn't popular your mistaken. When Toonami aired One Piece at 9:30 at night One Piece got good ratings and watches from kid 9 - 14 and some higher than that. Thats why many fans were thinking if the editting was really necessary. I mean come on! Like a 14 year old wants to see a person dying from squirt guns?

Well on another note we might be lucky. If One Piece continues as it is, having some American teenagers and adults watch, when the Arabasta (i'm sorry i know it's Alabasta but I dont like that one!) arc finishes some teens and kids might be able to win us over a good dub. But time will tell and hell i started out hating One Piece, now I'm a parasite reading every manga chapter and every episode! lol

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as i want one piece to be re-aired in an butchered form, I accept that it just isn't in the cards. All i can do is be glad that i will never hear that terrible Sanji voice ever again as long as i live.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast