Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rocky 6

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conan's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Rocky 6

ok guys here is the trailer for the new rocky movie its coming in christmas, so what do you guys think about it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DttxKIA_AxU

I am quite thrilled about this, I love the rocky movies and seeing one in the theatres is quite tempting, so tell me what you guys think about this.
    "Fighting was the only thing I was good at,but at least I always fought for what I believed in",Solid Snake and Gray Fox.
    watch some of the worlds best martial artists show their abilities in this thread http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5582

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member rabb's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: he's back the one and only ROCKY BALBOA in Rocky 6

i was under the impression this one was gunna be called rocky balboa, but im prolly wrong. still, whats he gunna do, overwhelm him with the sound of his bones and joints snapping as he walks?
    I Am A United States Sailor.
    I Will Support And Defend The Constitution Of The United States Of America And I Will Obey The Orders Of Those Appointed Over Me.
    I Represent The Fighting Spirit Of The Navy, And Those Who Have Gone Before Me To Defend Freedom And Democracy Around The World.
    I Proudly Serve My Country's Navy Combat Team With Honor, Courage, And Commitment.
    I Am Committed To The Excellence And Fair Treatment Of All.

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't watch Youtube atm, but ... a new Rocky?

hm ... I like watching the old ones. I had a meeeega-big movie poster in my room during schooltime ("eye of the tiger", yay xD) ... but i think it's already overdone. So I'm not very exicted about it.

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Venom65437

I've never liked Rocky.... so I won't be seeing this movie....

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fugitive's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw most of the Rocky movies in the 80s so I'm a fan. I saw the 5th movie with Tommy Gunn(?) a few years back. It sucked...

I wonder if this last movie is gonna be some kind of George Foreman come back movie. He'll put up a good fight against the current heavyweight champ, but lose. Who knows... I'll go see this movie... on DVD. Haha! Maybe in the theater.

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

all you guys are putting me down, not even half a good reaction, sigh, well it cant be helped, I like the movies although the last wasnt as good as the others but I am hoping stalone would do a good job this time instead of just try to make money, movies these days have too many repeated ideas and lack the old charm they once had.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabb
    still, whats he gunna do, overwhelm him with the sound of his bones and joints snapping as he walks?
    your not totally of the mark there, if you saw the trailer you see that its overcoming old age to fight again, I found the trailer quite thrilling but you never know, trailers are supposed to draw customers after all.
    "Fighting was the only thing I was good at,but at least I always fought for what I believed in",Solid Snake and Gray Fox.
    watch some of the worlds best martial artists show their abilities in this thread http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5582

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Rocky is my series. I love Rocky Balboa. I'll see this film but im not gonna be expecting much.

lol, thanks for the quote rabb

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NeoShweaty
    Hey, Rocky is my series. I love Rocky Balboa. I'll see this film but im not gonna be expecting much.

finally, at last some one who shares a tiny bit of my enthusiasm. well I am like you neo, I am a bit afraid they'll use the name rocky just to sell tickets and then get wawy with a cheap movie.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Rocky Balboa--- i am waiting for it.

I love the movies especially the first and the fourth (apollo creed and dolph lundgren--eh).
    I am especially waiting for this to do well at the theatres as well as be entertaining.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member rabb's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NeoShweaty
    *bows* i live to serve. now put it in your sig! *really wants to be in some... anyone's sig*
    I Am A United States Sailor.
    I Will Support And Defend The Constitution Of The United States Of America And I Will Obey The Orders Of Those Appointed Over Me.
    I Represent The Fighting Spirit Of The Navy, And Those Who Have Gone Before Me To Defend Freedom And Democracy Around The World.
    I Proudly Serve My Country's Navy Combat Team With Honor, Courage, And Commitment.
    I Am Committed To The Excellence And Fair Treatment Of All.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Rocky for the first three movies, but I'm afraid that Stallone is kinda pushing it too far by making ANOTHER movie. Now if it was Rambo I'd understand that because there'd be a lot of story to be told with that character, but Rocky? Eh...

But yeah, should be interesting anyways. If Arnold can continue making Terminator movies I guess Stallone should be allowed to keep making movies for his most memorable character.

Incidentally, if any of you want to see a good Stallone flick, I recommend Assassin. I think it's a pretty underrated movie, but I really liked it. Also stars Antonio Barberas (as the villain).

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight
    Incidentally, if any of you want to see a good Stallone flick, I recommend Assassin. I think it's a pretty underrated movie, but I really liked it. Also stars Antonio Barberas (as the villain).
    Barberas? Related to Banderas?

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

No, it's Banderas, obviously it was a misspelling on my part

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight
    Incidentally, if any of you want to see a good Stallone flick, I recommend Assassin. I think it's a pretty underrated movie, but I really liked it. Also stars Antonio Banderas (as the villain).
    yeah it is underrated, its my sisters favourite movie, which ended in making me seeing it about 7 times already, but you still cant help but feel the thrill of the action when thos two start firing bullets at each other, its a really good movie that one.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conan
    yeah it is underrated, its my sisters favourite movie, which ended in making me seeing it about 7 times already, but you still cant help but feel the thrill of the action when thos two start firing bullets at each other, its a really good movie that one.
    It's the only Stallone film I own. ^^ I watched it once at a hotel and I was so surprised, didn't expect to see a late movie that good. I wanted to talk about it but I didn't even know the name of the movie for a while because it just wasn't getting much publicity at all. I finally found out at a Blockbuster ^^

By the way I've heard Rocky 6 has a lot of mixed reviews :/ Neither bad but not that great either. Wonder how diehard Rocky fans will like it, though.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast