Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)

View Poll Results: Psycho or Genius?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely a Madman!

16 18.60%
  • Eureka! He's a Prodigy!

6 6.98%
  • He is both Smart and Freak

50 58.14%
  • I don't really know...

14 16.28%
New Reply
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Zetsu Mega Convo Thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zetsu Mega Convo

Make him eat Itachi and Pain/Nagato then >.> Overpowered character anyone?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Weapon_X's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard to understand why he has 2 different personas. 1 white and 1 black. Both total opposite, but they share the same body? Kishi needs to buildup his character nowadays, less of the Uchihas and more on other Akatsuki members. Atleast Zetsu, there is NOTHING about him. Literally nothing apart from his eating dead people.
    ..: Greatest Doujutsu Prodigies :..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member street_san's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon_X View Post
    Hard to understand why he has 2 different personas. 1 white and 1 black. Both total opposite, but they share the same body? Kishi needs to buildup his character nowadays, less of the Uchihas and more on other Akatsuki members. Atleast Zetsu, there is NOTHING about him. Literally nothing apart from his eating dead people.
    well this is what is nice about him. A mysterious ninja beeing in Akatsuki. We saw him a lot of time, and yet we still don't have any clue about his powers. But this is what is cool. Kishi is just making the suspense for the readers. Pushing the reader to his limit in finding some theories about him...I like that.

And just chill out dude. Let the story follow his beat. It isn't the time for Zetsu to get a huge part of the manga...neither Kisame. One thing is sure is that Kishi will show them sometime making something big...just wait.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Weapon_X's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by street_san View Post
    well this is what is nice about him. A mysterious ninja beeing in Akatsuki. We saw him a lot of time, and yet we still don't have any clue about his powers. But this is what is cool. Kishi is just making the suspense for the readers. Pushing the reader to his limit in finding some theories about him...I like that.

And just chill out dude. Let the story follow his beat. It isn't the time for Zetsu to get a huge part of the manga...neither Kisame. One thing is sure is that Kishi will show them sometime making something big...just wait.
    I am chilled out.

Just saying, I am very interested in Zetsu. I loved how Kishi made Negato the way he is, Negato is definitely one of the best characters out there. I hope Kishi makes Zetsu into 1 as well.

It's just Zetsu's overall design. It's mysterious in many ways.
    ..: Greatest Doujutsu Prodigies :..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member street_san's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon_X View Post
    I am chilled out.

Just saying, I am very interested in Zetsu. I loved how Kishi made Negato the way he is, Negato is definitely one of the best characters out there. I hope Kishi makes Zetsu into 1 as well.

It's just Zetsu's overall design. It's mysterious in many ways.
    True that. Nagato was indeed one of the best characters throughout the series.

But I hope Zetsu is a better one. Kishi has been showing this man since part I without giving us some information. He made that guy so mysterious. Everything in him is bizarre. His face, his technique, his personnalities...everything can lead to a big discussion...so I hope that when Kishi will actually take time to developp this character, his life, and everything will be better then what he has been showing us with Nagato.

It won't be easy, cause Pain/Nagato was quite mysterious for a long time...but danm...everyone has been waiting for Zetsu time to arrive.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Assuming Nindo's theory is correct, how exactly does Zetsu's split personality come into play? Is the black one(the one that seems to know everything and talk weird) the result of all the personalities of those he ate or something? I mean, there has to be some kind of downside to being able to potentially gain any ability possible

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Melody View Post
    Assuming Nindo's theory is correct, how exactly does Zetsu's split personality come into play? Is the black one(the one that seems to know everything and talk weird) the result of all the personalities of those he ate or something? I mean, there has to be some kind of downside to being able to potentially gain any ability possible
    Good question.
    Maybe the white side is the original one, and the black side is the power-house one that store every justu of those he ate.

As for a downside, maybe there's isn't any...

Kakuzu and Hidan didn't have any downside to their crazy abilities...
    Maybe Zetsu doesn't have any neither...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hidan had a downside, he needed to kill constantly to remain immortal according to the databook.

Kakuzu also had a downside, he needed to constantly replenish his heart supply when the hearts gave out. It's also implied that he needs semi potent hearts to supplement his jutsus so he can't just take any random chump.

As for Zetsu, if he really COULD gain any power, then he could easily become invincible >.>

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hidan had a downside, he needed to kill constantly to remain immortal according to the databook.

Kakuzu also had a downside, he needed to constantly replenish his heart supply when the hearts gave out. It's also implied that he needs semi potent hearts to supplement his jutsus so he can't just take any random chump.

As for Zetsu, if he really COULD gain any power, then he could easily become invincible >.>
    Yeah, he could be the strongest right now.
    I seriously think that he might be.

Because, from now on, Pain has put the bar really high, but the remaining enemies need to be as strong as him...

There's no point of showing a new enemy that is weaker than one that Naruto already won against, right?

So, I think that if my theory is right, Zetsu could be a really power-house.
    If he could really use all the jutsu of those he ate, he would be unstoppable...

Especially if you think of all of those that he might have eaten (just Jiraiya's and Itachi's powers are enough to beat anyone in Narutoverse).

For a downside, he might have one...
    Like everyone, he must have a weakness, but it's hard to say now, since we never saw him in a fight...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well uhh technically, Itachi is still one of the strongest despite him having been a "defeated villain"9ok he wasn't really a villain, but you get the point)

Each character is strong in their own way. Pain had more "boom" type of strong, but there are other kinds.

I mean, Zetsu could theoretically eat all the dead Akatsuki members and he'd more than a match for anyone ever alive >.> What if he ate Rikudou Sennin and Hashirama? O.o

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well uhh technically, Itachi is still one of the strongest despite him having been a "defeated villain"9ok he wasn't really a villain, but you get the point)

Each character is strong in their own way. Pain had more "boom" type of strong, but there are other kinds.

I mean, Zetsu could theoretically eat all the dead Akatsuki members and he'd more than a match for anyone ever alive >.> What if he ate Rikudou Sennin and Hashirama? O.o
    Yeah.
    If that theory is good, that means that Zetsu could possibly become the strongest character ever.

Can you imagine all of the Akatsuki's power in one being?
    That's just too strong. Even Madara shouldn't be that strong (though he might still be able to evade all of the attacks).

And if Zetsu could get access to Konoha and eat the Shodaime and the Nidaime's corpses, he would be unstoppable (isn't he already?). But, maybe he needs to eat them shortly after their death.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oathencrantz's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oathencrantz View Post
    Zetsu could be the reason the Hyuuga clan created the cursed seal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oathencrantz View Post
    No, I don't mean that he was once Hyuuga.
    I meant that he could have been the first shinobi to try and steal the
    Byakugan eyes and it's secrets from a Hyuuga member; resulting
    in whatever eyes Zetsu have now and the incorporation of the
    cursed seal in the Hyuuga family.

But this was just my imagination straying away a bit, I don't actually
    believe my mini theory.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Zetsu could break out of most genjutsu; if not all. Or maybe he just has schizophrenia...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Zetsu's eyes do seem to be special but we're still unsure how exactly. It looks to carry some Byakugan like properties from that arc we saw way back when.

Ok roll up question!

Is Zetsu Plantae or Animalia?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi was strong, but so far in akatsuki, pein was most definitely the strongest one.

As for zetsu, he really is interesting. Can one half of them think without the other knowing?? Can they act regardless of the other?? Why do I ask this, b/c I am thinking zetsu may be J-man's spy
    Last edited by Raizen; June 03, 2009 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if madara will send him to get nagato`s ring and eat his body, it seems as if zetsu knows madara very well, after all he was the guy that recruited him, I believe zetsu is the 3rd in command after pain, he never has a partner which would suggest his job is not to hunt jinchuuriki, but to spy for madara, it`s possible he recorded all the akatsuki meetings for madara before madara joined as tobi, I also think he somehow fused with a plant(there`s no way he was born like this) and he eats bodies to keep the plant alive, about his personalties I really don`t know, it could be a result of him fusing with the plant, or like someone said here all the bodies he ate became his black half, his dual personalties sure make him an interesting character since he always argues with himself, perhaps he developed 2 as a result of always being alone.

New Reply
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast