Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Psycho or Genius?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely a Madman!

16 18.60%
  • Eureka! He's a Prodigy!

6 6.98%
  • He is both Smart and Freak

50 58.14%
  • I don't really know...

14 16.28%
New Reply
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Zetsu Mega Convo Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Phoenix946's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zetsu Mega Convo

I think people expect way too much from Zetsu tbh. It's very interesting and strange that he has this dark and light side that seem to be two different people living in one body, and that he eats corpses is also pretty non-standard, but he has never been foreshadowed as being more than a scout.

Think about it. He's not widely known (Nagato wasn't either, but tbh that's just strange, he had the fucking Rinnegan), he's never had one of those ominous "don't fuck with me or you're dead before you realise it" pictures, no amazing quotes, he doesn't come off as all-knowing/all-powerful (see Itachi vs Sasuke for example, the style in which he narrated that)... Honestly, I really don't think he's anything special in combat. I even doubt we'll see him in combat.

To then say he can absorb the abilities and powers of anyone he eats and become the biggest badass of the whole manga sounds ridiculous to me, sorry TheHomeMadeNindo. If he could do that he would already be the most powerful shinobi alive because he'd have eaten every single shinobi that ever died. To me that 'ability' (or characteristic, I don't know) is just a way of taking care of the corpses of important shinobi so that they cannot be researched.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix946 View Post
    I think people expect way too much from Zetsu tbh. It's very interesting and strange that he has this dark and light side that seem to be two different people living in one body, and that he eats corpses is also pretty non-standard, but he has never been foreshadowed as being more than a scout.

Think about it. He's not widely known (Nagato wasn't either, but tbh that's just strange, he had the fucking Rinnegan), he's never had one of those ominous "don't fuck with me or you're dead before you realise it" pictures, no amazing quotes, he doesn't come off as all-knowing/all-powerful (see Itachi vs Sasuke for example, the style in which he narrated that)... Honestly, I really don't think he's anything special in combat. I even doubt we'll see him in combat.

To then say he can absorb the abilities and powers of anyone he eats and become the biggest badass of the whole manga sounds ridiculous to me, sorry TheHomeMadeNindo. If he could do that he would already be the most powerful shinobi alive because he'd have eaten every single shinobi that ever died. To me that 'ability' (or characteristic, I don't know) is just a way of taking care of the corpses of important shinobi so that they cannot be researched.
    That would be simply lame if Zetsu was only a scout.
    He's one of the only remaining in Akatsuki, so he must be really strong.

And it seems to me that he's Madara's right hand.
    He's been along with him from the start. They seem to have their own plan since the beginning and everyone else were pawns for "their" plan.

I don't think Madara is just "using" him, like he was using the other.
    He seem to have a different relationship with Madara.

We've never seen Madara talk freely like that about his plans.
    Zetsu seems special.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/404/16/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/404/17/

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheHomeMade Nindo View Post
    That would be simply lame if Zetsu was only a scout.
    He's one of the only remaining in Akatsuki, so he must be really strong.

And it seems to me that he's Madara's right hand.
    He's been along with him from the start. They seem to have their own plan since the beginning and everyone else were pawns for "their" plan.

I don't think Madara is just "using" him, like he was using the other.
    He seem to have a different relationship with Madara.

We've never seen Madara talk freely like that about his plans.
    Zetsu seems special.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/404/16/
    Agreed on all that, but that doesn't mean he's strong in combat. He's still alive because Madara values him and never sends him to do dangerous stuff. Only time he even talked to someone not from Akatsuki is when Naruto yelled that aloe vera stuff.

I don't think it's their plan btw, it's all Madara, Zetsu just knows more about it than the rest. Perhaps because he gets these special missions of observing all important battles, that somehow that has to do with Madara's plan and without telling Zetsu about it he'd find it weird that he has to do that.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed on all that, but that doesn't mean he's strong in combat. He's still alive because Madara values him and never sends him to do dangerous stuff. Only time he even talked to someone not from Akatsuki is when Naruto yelled that aloe vera stuff.

I don't think it's their plan btw, it's all Madara, Zetsu just knows more about it than the rest. Perhaps because he gets these special missions of observing all important battles, that somehow that has to do with Madara's plan and without telling Zetsu about it he'd find it weird that he has to do that.
    Yeah, I agree.
    Most likely it's all Madara's plan and he's somehow also using Zetsu.

But, it seems to me that Zetsu might have been the first that he recruited.
    Because, Zetsu use the word "we" when he talks about the plan, so I guess he was there from the start.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Zetsu is more or less the "eyes" of Akatsuki. He can see and hear things where most can't. Therefore, chances are he'd know more than the fair share of Akatsuki members, which is why Madara keeps him close. Better to keep someone like that as a friend than an enemy. If anything, Zetsu might probably the one who told Madara about Pain's secret(assuming Madara knew).

As for his role, I guess it'd depend. You can say he'd be strong because he was still alive(I use "was" since she's no longer in Akatsuki), but technically Konan was still alive and half the people thought she wasn't strong at all
    Last edited by Forever_Melody; June 07, 2009 at 10:10 AM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Melody View Post
    Well Zetsu is more or less the "eyes" of Akatsuki. He can see and hear things where most can't. Therefore, chances are he'd know more than the fair share of Akatsuki members, which is why Madara keeps him close. Better to keep someone like that as a friend than an enemy. If anything, Zetsu might probably the one who told Madara about Pain's secret(assuming Madara knew).

As for his role, I guess it'd depend. You can say he'd be strong because he was still alive(I use "was" since she's no longer in Akatsuki), but technically Konan was still alive and half the people thought she wasn't strong at all
    In this I agree with TheHomeMadeNindo, Madara and Zetsu do seem to be on a non-hostile basis. Friends is probably a strong word but I don't think their relation is what it is because Zetsu is a threat, more that they just trust each other, perhaps indeed because of some history together.

Besides, the whole of Akatsuki didn't seem to me to just be a group of villains waiting for the right time to kill each other. I don't think Madara would just betray Zetsu or Kisame. And I hope not, that'd be way too cliche

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

In this I agree with TheHomeMadeNindo, Madara and Zetsu do seem to be on a non-hostile basis. Friends is probably a strong word but I don't think their relation is what it is because Zetsu is a threat, more that they just trust each other, perhaps indeed because of some history together.

Besides, the whole of Akatsuki didn't seem to me to just be a group of villains waiting for the right time to kill each other. I don't think Madara would just betray Zetsu or Kisame. And I hope not, that'd be way too cliche
    Yes, I agree.
    But, I don't think Madara will betray the two remaining Akatsuki members.

He seems to «appreciate» Zetsu and share his vision with him, since he seems to know about that «plan.»
    And he, himself said that Kisame was the closest to him when he was Mizukage.

So, I think those three are the real deal.
    They will be the ones that will try to fulfill Madara's plan to the end.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I agree.
    But, I don't think Madara will betray the two remaining Akatsuki members.

He seems to «appreciate» Zetsu and share his vision with him, since he seems to know about that «plan.»
    And he, himself said that Kisame was the closest to him when he was Mizukage.

So, I think those three are the real deal.
    They will be the ones that will try to fulfill Madara's plan to the end.
    Hehehe, the real deal, man that just makes the rest of Akatsuki sound useless. Unfortunately you're right Or wait! He got Sasuke now!

I want Sasori and Kakuzu back

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hehehe, the real deal, man that just makes the rest of Akatsuki sound useless. Unfortunately you're right Or wait! He got Sasuke now!
    Yeah, well, it seems that they were just pawns for their plans.

Since the start, we always knew that Madara and Pain had different plans, and that they were divised.

It seems that Pain's plans are now over, since everyone is dead (except Konan).
    So, it seems that now, we will see how Madara's plans will go.

And you're right, it seems like Sasuke is a vital part of his plan (not sure why yet..., maybe because he's much more easily manipulated than Itachi...)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zachc2009's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Zetsu Mega Convo

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon_X View Post
    Hard to understand why he has 2 different personas. 1 white and 1 black. Both total opposite, but they share the same body? Kishi needs to buildup his character nowadays, less of the Uchihas and more on other Akatsuki members. Atleast Zetsu, there is NOTHING about him. Literally nothing apart from his eating dead people.
    They could be a component for one of his jutsu?, i agree with that but i think in this current arc theres gonna be a little info on him, seeing as how akatsuki's numbers are dwindling

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

who could have predicted that Zetsu is gonna split in two?

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by black lagoon View Post
    who could have predicted that Zetsu is gonna split in two?
    I knew it!
    No, just joking.

That was surprising...
    But, what surprise me the most, is that he called the White part a "Bunshin".

Could it be that the Black part is the original one and that the White part is just a clone!?!

That would be disappointing...
    Hopefully, we will have more info in the upcoming chapters...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member street_san's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew it!
    No, just joking.

That was surprising...
    But, what surprise me the most, is that he called the White part a "Bunshin".

Could it be that the Black part is the original one and that the White part is just a clone!?!

That would be disappointing...
    Hopefully, we will have more info in the upcoming chapters...
    Why would it be dissapointing. Personally I just dont care. If the black part's a bunshin...ok. If its the white part that's a clone....ok. If Zetsu is a clone of Madara...ok (well not ok but...I had to come up with something strange).

As long as some of his powers are show, and that it's plausible and disgusting...it's cool with me xD

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to know why exactly Zestu plit in two.

I mean, he could easily guide Sasuke to the kage's summit and still be able to return in time, let's not forget that Zetsu displayed some impressive abilities like the tracking one, and the speed. He couldn't keep up with Madara, but well, Madara is in another whole level, so it isn't much of a deal, that's why I think we'll see Zetsu fighting, he must have sick abilities!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity -Ren Boy-'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I may have said it before but

Don't any of use think zetsu represent the taoism symbol. Like as they have split, if them two personalities were to fight each other they would be equal in everything, as both sides of the toaism symbol is equal to eachother in force. The winner out of the two would be the one who shows NO mercy lol

Judging on the translation of the recent chapter, the black zetsu calls the white zetsu his "clone". But if someone is your clone don't you have the same personallity and wouldn't they be the same colour. The black zetsu is black because he has a dominant black gene so the same would defiantly occur and the white zetsu known as "clone" would be the colour black.

Zetsu is a very unique character because if the statement about the two zetsus being equal. Then imagine if they are in a battle, they can easily seperate and gain a handicap over a opponent.

His tracking is also good like Tobi, because randomly Zetsu popped out with Tobi not indicating where he was, so how does Zetsu know where to go all the time

Also one thing has struck me, do any of use believe when the two zetsus are together, then their abillities are combined? I don't know hmmm tricky!

New Reply
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast