Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Psycho or Genius?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely a Madman!

16 18.60%
  • Eureka! He's a Prodigy!

6 6.98%
  • He is both Smart and Freak

50 58.14%
  • I don't really know...

14 16.28%
New Reply
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Zetsu Mega Convo Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zetsu's possible ability...

Quote Originally Posted by Alterno View Post
    Ahh we already saw a character dividing himself in two characters. It would be lame if he repeats the same.
    Are you talking about Ukon and Sakon? Kishi seems to have a habit of repeating some abilities. Puppet users, several Sharingan users, the same summonings, several same jutsu users(Chidori, Rasengan) and I'm sure there are more I can't think of now, but what I mean is, even though he might have done it once, there might be something unique about Zetsu splitting that is much more interesting and more powerful than what Sakon or Ukon could ever do.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spike Spiegal's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is Zetsu, and how much does he know?

I've had a crazy theory(one I don't quite buy myself) about Zetsu hanging around in my head for quite some time. My theory consists of a left-open story-line and, of course Zetsu.

Thoughts:
    Zetsu is now on par with Madara as the two most mysterious people left in the Naruto universe. This cant be a coincedence. I believed that tobi, before he was revealed to be Madara, was going to play an important role in the story because of the lack of focus put into his identity/background, same goes for Zetsu at this point. I also believe that Zetsu is stronger than Itachi, though, maybe not as strong as Pain.

Zetsu:
    Zetsu has shown amazing abilities (fusing with terrain, ability to travel at extreme speeds and able to scout while doing the ritual/extraction).he's also the only Akatsuki other than Itachi and Kisame to be clearly shown in part 1. The meaning behind his appearance in part 1 is mysterious why him? why then? We know he has 2 different personalities. He seems to be part venus fly trap(which i believe are wings) and eats copses, and a possible ying-yang reference is shown. Its a mystery as to what country he comes from. He is the only Akatsuki that doesn't travel in a pair,and has shown some authority within Akatsuki. It's also been shown that Zetsu's eyes have some similar abilities to the Byakagan.

Hizashi and Kumogakure :
    This goes back to the chunnin Exams match up between Neji and Naruto where Neji reveals that his father was the one used as the Sacrifice to the Kumogakure . As we all know they wanted the secrets to the byakagan and wanted a body, well, they got one, so why does the story end their? what did they do/accomplish with his body?

My Theory: Zetsu is the end product of the experimentation of Hizashi Hyuga and his byakagan eyes. I think his eyes aren't the next stage or an evolution of the byakagan(though possible), but more of a mutation caused by the experiments. This would also put all 3 "eyes "in Akatsuki.

I’m not sure if any body has come up with a similar theory, if so, I apologize for the thread. Thank you for reading and please, by all means, criticize away.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Seta Soujirou's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Zetsu Theory

i don't think anybody came up with zetsu having byakugan or somewhere along the lines...but it is a possible theory since he have been laying low and only seen doing non-frontal work...

If they need the 3 dojutsu for whatever they need...they may need to keep him wrap up in cotten wool since madara have the sharingan as well...itachi maybe deem excessive or expendable...

since the byakugan is keep only within the hyuuga family...the fusion of it on zetsu may have diluted its powers or change its color...but still quite a far-fetched thought...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Your right it's pretty far-fetched but from what I can see, there are no major holes in the theory. I'd give it a .5% chance of being true. I just don't think that it's Kishi's style to come up with something like this, it's more of something I would do.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well having all three doujutsu sounds logical.
    and while zetsu does not have byakugan directly, he has increased vision, and can see farther than neji as I recall.
    neji = 800 meters
    zetsu = 5 miles ( during diedara fight he was spying from over 5 miles away, at least, since he avoided the blast)
    although I doubt zetsu is from the cloud village, he's probobly in the grass, but we won't know till later.
    Last edited by akatsuki child; October 19, 2007 at 06:54 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Absolutio's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

this theory is impossible because neji's father had the "cursed hyuuga seal", so when he died, it blocked all of his byakugan functions and secrets, making no one to be able to learn or use anything with the byakugan. That's the cursed seal purpose.

Luffy: Sanji, prepare the lunch-box!
    Sanji: Lunch-box?
    Luffy: Yes. A pirate's lunch-box!
    *Pirate's lunch-box is for increasing one's power, so there will be no vegetables.
    -One Piece Side-Stories Covers Coloring Project! OP Colorist? Check it out now!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member notBowen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah... but what if you killed say, Hinata?

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

that's something else, but he based his theory on neji's dad body.

*Pirate's lunch-box is for increasing one's power, so there will be no vegetables.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ShadowStrike's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Spiegal View Post
    Zetsu:
    Zetsu has shown amazing abilities (fusing with terrain, ability to travel at extreme speeds and able to scout while doing the ritual/extraction).he's also the only Akatsuki other than Itachi and Kisame to be clearly shown in part 1. The meaning behind his appearance in part 1 is mysterious why him? why then? We know he has 2 different personalities. He seems to be part venus fly trap(which i believe are wings) and eats copses, and a possible ying-yang reference is shown. Its a mystery as to what country he comes from. He is the only Akatsuki that doesn't travel in a pair,and has shown some authority within Akatsuki. It's also been shown that Zetsu's eyes have some similar abilities to the Byakagan.

I’m not sure if any body has come up with a similar theory, if so, I apologize for the thread. Thank you for reading and please, by all means, criticize away.
    Well that is one crazy thoery but very imaginative. What have you been eatting lately? xD

Anyway, I like to the above extract. You made a very good point about Yin-Yang and Zetsu's duel personality. It's plausible. If you think about it, lately there is too much stuff on-going in the manga about Yin-Yang stuff and there is this 6th way to manipulate chakra. I, along with many others, thinks Yin-Yang is the 6th way to manipulate chakra. So apart from earth jutsu, Zetsu might have Yin-yang based jutsu.

I don't think Zetsu eats bodies because he's hungry. It's true that he may eat them to get rid of evidence but still there are many other ways to do so. I think he eats only "goodies". That is, he wants something from those shinobis. It could be perhaps their skills or chakra manipulation or their bodies for later use. After seeing Kakuzu and Orochimaru, I don't see why Zetsu can't be freaky with others' body stuff.
    The reason why piracy may be good for mankind. XD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Absulutio View Post
    this theory is impossible because neji's father had the "cursed hyuuga seal", so when he died, it blocked all of his byakugan functions and secrets, making no one to be able to learn or use anything with the byakugan. That's the cursed seal purpose.

Theirs a simple way around that, if Kumogakure came for Hyuuga's secrets and asked for a body, they should have someway to obtain the secrets anyway. It'd be foolish to leave without the secrets and leave it at that. They probably had some type of plan, they could have revived him someway or worked around it. maybe it was Akatsuki's doing, we don't know why he joined Akatsuki and why he seems to be one of the most loyal, it could all tie in together.

(anybody)I got a couple of questions Who killed Hizashi? and/or was he dead before they gave him to Kumogakure.(It's been a while)

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

If by Hizashi you referred to Neji's dad, he was dead when they "handed" him. And if they found a way around the sealing of his eyes, than it will be both lame and plotting-no-jutsuing by Kishi, coz he stated that the cursed seal purpose is to protect the hyuugas' secrets. If you can find a way around it, then what's the point?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it would be lame, I thought of this theory thinking the exact opposite. I think it would be cool to see the secrets unraveled through Zetsu and for the secrets of the Hyuuga to become secret once again, they(probably Neji Rock Lee or Hinata) would have to kill him.

Zetsu is the only current Akatsuki that has no ties to any other character in the manga. Him sticking around this long just to die for the heck of it doesn't give the fight/death much meaning, I think it would be lame if he was just some Akatsuki that will die in 2-3 chapters.

thats why I made the theory...no matter how implausible/ridiculous it is .

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner jung_dalglish's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, according to the original idea of Jetsu here:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19310

I have some thought about Zetsu story which is quite similar to yours.
    -------------------------------------------------------

I found out that the "Tobi is Yahiko" theory indeed satisfies me.
    This is only one reasonable explanation about the Tobi-Pain relationship
    (why Pain, who calls himself as god, seems respect to Tobi; that is, Tobi is the guy
    who in the past convinced Pain that "we are gods and we'll conquer the world").

I think it's still possible about the complex "Tobi-Obito-Madara-Yahiko" relationship.
    Maybe the three learned about the power of Madara in the past, and because of Rinnegan, Nagato was able to summon the death-Madara's soul and his power to Yahiko, but of course this complex summoning process may need an Uchita body.

Here's a little thought on the story line:
    The three may learn the secret power of Uchita's clan (Madara, Sharingan, Tengu whatever) from Zetsu in the past (Zetsu and the three had the same philosophy about their ideal world; Pain outpowered Zetsu so that Zetsu agreed to follows Pain). Later on, unknown to Zetsu, Nagato himself asked Yahiko for the soul transfer process
    to become "Madara-power Obito body" so that Nagato can become a god like Yahiko, and they can help each other to archieve their goal. After the soul transfer, Yahiko-Obito-Madara secretly approached Zetsu as Tobi; perhaps because Yahiko wanted to be sure about Zetsu's loyalty.

For validation of this theory, of course, it should be able to explain the Sharingan-Sasuke-Itachi story, and the Akatsuki's job of gathering one-tail thorough nine-tails, (also including the past-10-year story where the nine tails attacked Konoha; it's said in the manga that Jiraiya realized only Madara can summon the nine tails. ). I'll work more on this.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member lazyboyrod's Avatar
    Country
    Haiti
    Post Thanks / Like

You bring up a very valid point in this theory, there is definnately something stang about Zetsu that will eventually be revealed later in the series

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bigtymer32's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the only thing i will agree on is theres alot about zestu that we dont know.maybe it be revealed or maybe it will always be a mystery .we'll have to see what kishi does next

New Reply
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast