Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is left standing?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shikai Ichigo takes it with relative ease

1 5.56%
  • Shikai Ichigo takes it with relative difficulty

7 38.89%
  • Draw

3 16.67%
  • Shikai Hitsugaya takes it with relative difficulty

5 27.78%
  • Shikai Hitsugaya takes it with relative ease

2 11.11%
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shikai Ichigo vs Shikai Hitsugaya

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Shikai Ichigo vs Shikai Hitsugaya

Well since shikai Ichigo feats in the other thread mentioned to suggest shikai Hitsugaya's capabilities - I thought how do they compare directly to each other...? In other words - A fight!

Note: This is POST-BANKAI TRAINING Shikai Ichigo
    Starting distance: 20 meters
    Restrictions: Bankai, Mask
    Feats/Capabilities: SS Arc
    Restrictions: Bankai
    State of mind: Ichigo - Completely Resolved Hitsugaya - Bloodlusted
    Last edited by Waking_Dreamer; October 19, 2010 at 06:58 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shikai Ichigo vs Shikai Hitsugaya

Cant say much . Is this the Ichigo b4 Arracnar Arc or after it??

B4 , i say Ichi wins relative difficulty , but if its after , Hitsugaya wins with relative ease

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoot View Post
    Cant say much . Is this the Ichigo b4 Arracnar Arc or after it??

B4 , i say Ichi wins relative difficulty , but if its after , Hitsugaya wins with relative ease
    Well for best preformances from each side Id say the Shikai Ichigo that KO 3 VCs barehanded and for Histugaya, I say when he incapcitated Kira and wrapped Gin's arm with his chain. So SS arc is where you can base their feats on.

Its a shame the Arracnar Arc nerfed both their shikais...hopefully when Ichigo gets his powers back and Hitsugaya gets more training we'll see their shikai's kicking ass again.
    [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/Kilrik.jpg[/IMG]

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to lean towards hitsugaya here. The effect of his shikai can affect ichigo even after the actual attack as it did gin. Every time ichigo gets wet he will have trouble and tenso jurin is no joke.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

If it was Ichigo after he mastered his bankai, I would think shikai Ichigo would win. After the Dangai training Ichigo seemed like he was in complete control of his reiastu.

Ichigo has 2x captain level reiastu, so if he can completely control it, he should be able to barehand Hitsugaya's blade and tank most of his attacks, like Aizen and Yama would.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    If it was Ichigo after he mastered his bankai, I would think shikai Ichigo would win. After the Dangai training Ichigo seemed like he was in complete control of his reiastu.

Ichigo has 2x captain level reiastu, so if he can completely control it, he should be able to barehand Hitsugaya's blade and tank most of his attacks, like Aizen and Yama would.
    Nope, not post-jinzen Ichigo.

Pretty much the capabilties of shikai Ichigo just before he went bankai against Byakuya.

SS arc shikai Ichigo.
    Last edited by Waking_Dreamer; October 19, 2010 at 10:53 AM.

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Still I would give it to Ichigo. Ichigo's speed was enough to blitz Byakuya multiple times, even though Byakuya is a speed demon. Byakuya also had a million petals to keep Ichigo from getting to him.

Hitsugaya would have hard time beating Ichigo.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Broken_Wing's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    Still I would give it to Ichigo. Ichigo's speed was enough to blitz Byakuya multiple times, even though Byakuya is a speed demon. Byakuya also had a million petals to keep Ichigo from getting to him.

Hitsugaya would have hard time beating Ichigo.

I think hes talking about shikai Ichigo here.

---------------

This is actually a decent match up I never thought about.

In the SS Arc Ichigo's GT is pretty beastly, especially for anyone without bankai access. I think Ichigo would be physically stronger, but not so much so that he would manhandle Hitsugaya in close range. The longer the match keeps going the greater the attacks and advantage goes to Hitsugaya.

While a prolonged match with Ichigo will leave the landscape scarred with deep rifts in the earth, Hitsugaya would eventually create large glaciers, and the more moisture in the atmosphere the stronger his attacks will be...

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweaty Re: Shikai Ichigo vs Shikai Hitsugaya

Oh.....lol

I just posted about how shikai Ichigo would do and I already forgot it was his shikai he was fighting with it. I think Hitsugaya would win, if Ichigo's hollow didn't come out. It seems like Hitsugaya uses better tactics when he fights and he does have Tenso Jurin.

Hitsugaya is sort of reckless, like Aizen pointed out, so he may leave himself open at times. Also, if Ichigo hollow came out he probably would just overpower Hitsugaya.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Also worth noting, with tenso jurin hitsugaya does not need for the place where he is fighting to get humid enough. Tenso jurin basically allows him to control the humidity of the place he is at and throw his best attacks at will without restrictions. In that sense, techniques like the one he used against harribel would not be out of question. The scale would definitely be more limited to to him being in shikai though.

There is something I have been wondering about. Is hitsugaya's ice different when he activates tenso jurin? If I recall, when he fought gin the ice he used not only did not really break but also it seemed to grow to cover the target. Something similar was seen in hitsugaya's ice flowers when he used them against harribel (they did not melt and expanded to cover her body). I just get the impression that when hitsugaya uses tenso jurin the strength of his ice and its properties change considerably.
    Last edited by kkck; October 19, 2010 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    There is something I have been wondering about. Is hitsugaya's ice different when he activates tenso jurin? If I recall, when he fought gin the ice he used not only did not really break but also it seemed to grow to cover the target. Something similar was seen in hitsugaya's ice flowers when he used them against harribel (they did not melt and expanded to cover her body). I just get the impression that when hitsugaya uses tenso jurin the strength of his ice and its properties change considerably.
    Not too sure, but in my opinion they would be more powerful if not bigger than without. And for techniques that require prep such as his 1000 Years Ice Prison, had Tenso Jurin been on the creation time would be much shorter imo.

If you consider that his TJ shikai Ice dragon was similar if not bigger than his bankai Ice dragon, even though he should be out-putting 1/10 -1/5 the power in his shikai.

As for comparable feats:

~Ichigo ~
    Last edited by Waking_Dreamer; October 19, 2010 at 06:22 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Toushirou takes this easily. Back in SS Shikai Ichigo was more or less around the level of Renji. In fact, Renji would have defeated Ichigo if it wasn't for the mask popping up inside his kimono.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    Toushirou takes this easily. Back in SS Shikai Ichigo was more or less around the level of Renji. In fact, Renji would have defeated Ichigo if it wasn't for the mask popping up inside his kimono.
    Well, im considering post-bankai training shikai Ichigo, it is kind of pointless for Pre-Kenpachi fight shikai Ichigo to be tossed in against any captain even if they are limited to shikai.

Check the links I posted about Ichigo. Thats the type of Ichigo Hitsugaya would be the facing...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
    Well, im considering post-bankai training shikai Ichigo, it is kind of pointless for Pre-Kenpachi fight shikai Ichigo to be tossed in against any captain even if they are limited to shikai.

Check the links I posted about Ichigo. Thats the type of Ichigo Hitsugaya would be the facing...
    I see. Well its hard to say because since then he's relied exclusively on bankai.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

True but he did make short work of 3 VCs and matched byakuya's speed. I would think shikai ichigo at that point was at around regular bankai ichigo in HM. I know it sounds absurd but considering ichigo barely reached grimmjows speed with bankai I don't think it is that far out.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast