Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Zoro's Eye

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sailboarder79's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro's Eye

Here's a weird theory about Zoro's closed eye. What if his closed eye is like Mihawk's hawk Eye? He may have transplanted another hawk eye intoZoro. Kinda of like how Kakashi has one sharringan that he whips out, even though that was transplanted in him. Both Zoro and Kakashi have a scar above the eye they transplanted.

Zorohttp://manga.bleachexile.com/one-pie...9-page-18.html)

Kakashihttp://manga.bleachexile.com/naruto-...3-page-19.html)

I know Kakashi had his eye sliced but I still think Zoro is hiding something still. It would make him a better fighter if he was to be able to have Hawl eyes and be able to follow people and see people from very far away.

What do you guys think?

The scar on his eye

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner marko71's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zoro's Eye

I've kind of doubt that.

I'm more a fan of the theory that it's closed, and Chopper's going to "repair it".

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure I understand your theory. Hawk eyes? You mean something he got actual eyes from a bird transplanted or he got one of mihawks eyes there? It's not like we have any reason in the least to believe mihawk's eyes are anything from regular though. I think he just lost an eye, that's it.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sailboarder79's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What I mean is he has got eyes like Mihawk. I don't think he got one of Mihawk's eyes but maybe a similar eye. Who knows maybe even the island that Mihawk is inhabiting now could have had all people with "hawk eyes" and it just so happens that, that is where he perfected his swordsmanship. Or maybe Mihawk had a master from there and his master could have given him eyes. I just have a feeling that hes hiding something. I'm sure all the characters have a secret trump card now that they didn't show. Sanji may have some sort of vile of hormones he can use to make him temporary stronger, franky could have an exo-suit on, nami may be able to fully controll the weather(storm style from xmen), Ussop might be able to consume one of the plants to make him ridiculously strong. these are just ideas but I am fairly certain that Zoro is hiding something in his closed eye.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The main problem with your theory is that you are assuming mihawk's eyes are anything special to begin with. If mihawk can search for people like he did against luffy it is because he has trained himself to do that. We have no reason to believe anything but that mihawks eyes are normal. IMO zoro is not hiding anything (unless he uses his empty eye socket to store stuff) nor he is the type to do such a thing. IMO he'd feel like he is cheating if he has a special supernatural ability within his eye.

8. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lunatic Scream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a Sharingan.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic Scream View Post
    It's a Sharingan.
    Wrong. It's Rinnegan man, Zoro is the next Rikudou Sennin.

Jk, I don't think that there is anything special about Mihawk's eyes, as kkck said in his post, and i just believe that Zoro may have lost his eye after an intense training session with Mihawk, i would be surprised if Oda will pull something like " Oh, i have been closing this eye cuz it has a power that i only should use against worthy opponent " or something like that

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner smoker559's Avatar
    Country
    Laos
    Post Thanks / Like

eye transplant/eye power doesn't seem like something one piece would do. they'll probably make it into a joke if they do.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Its clearly a man eating Mangina.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 96

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Eye patch made by franky, that functions like the one irvine has from zoids chaotic century

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

zoro will be more likely to become ryuma with an eye patch and mihawks eyes are like his natural eyes (like brown eyes for Asians) and when haki information is not yet out mihawk's eyes is over-rated saying that his eyes is special but it is not until rayliegh explain that there are 3 types of haki and maybe mihawk's "Special eyes " is just a normal eyes and he is just using COO to locate his enemies like a hawk (because hawks can see half-a-mile away to catch their pray )

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Very wild guess here, but what about Mihawk being actually blind and that being the reason for the strange look. There's lots of things in OP that go far beyond normal human senses, like when Zoro knew where the stones were falling in Alabasta and Mihawk makes it an advantage to just hear and feel things around him. Therefore, having one eye is a good thing for Zoro as he is more focused on the nonvisible stuff? Or maybe I just got way to wacky here

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I am actually surprised in One Piece that more characters DON'T have an eye patch. The reason real pirates almost every second person had an eye patch was not due to losing an eye(some were though) but it was to condition one eye to be in darkness so when on an enemy ship they would often have to go under where there is no light(lamps if any would be smashed) so they would take patch off and have an eye conditioned for the dark.

I am really surprised Oda never added anything like that yet.

As for Zoro, he probably had his eye cut and that's it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Losing one eye makes him more awesome.......imo
    If you looks in the records, you see that in most of zoro's fights,he was handicapped by either being injured or missing a sword...Im mean major fights
    This makes him always much better....,just imagine how would it be if he was to be the strongest swordman with only one eye.
    Would be a cool if he developed his asura technique,..this would pure awesomeness!!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner RamaJaya's Avatar
    Country
    Estonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Frankly, Zoro looks terrible. He really lacks the eye patch.

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast