Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Zoro's Eye

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zoro's Eye

Wel I think he can open his eye. But only for a short moment or at most during a whole fight. He probably got it damaged by Mwk while training during the skip. Thus he can't have it opened for a long time, since it means heavy burden on his eye. He will only open it during serious fights. Openning that eye equals a powerboost.

Anyway, I don't think there is some sort of Kakashi vs2 going on. Oda is not that cheap to copy the obvious from a another manga. But honestly I think it will just turn out to be a closed eye, nothing special or w/e.
    Last edited by BlackHair; January 19, 2012 at 02:31 AM. Reason: bolded a certain line

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Mihawks eyes aren't special and he did not give some to Zoro. I have to put up with enough eye nonsense from Naruto, thank you very much lol.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

As we know Haki is developed or evoken through years of training.
    Mastering the ability will probably take additional time.
    Maybe Zoro did not want to wait that long and the fastest way of developing an extraordinary skill in foreseeing enemy movement and "feeling" the surroundings was to handicap himself (or let himself be handicapped by Mihawk who would have probably told him the whole haki story from the start).
    I mean, what is a better training for pulling out hidden potential than doing sparring against the world top swordsman without a possibility to visualize anything in a 3 dimensional way?
    Also its a good guess that Zoro will favor this branch of the haki section because in any sword fight,except the one against Mr.1, speed made the difference ( what was perfectly visible in Zoros fight against Mihawk)
    Zoros was always an "extreme" character so a scenario of that kind would make sense for me ( or: more sense than opening his eye and having special powers without a devil fruit because that would be out of frame in terms of story structure)

And even if it wasnt that way - we can guess that Zoro has an extreme ability in reading the enemys movement because of the eye and therefore 3d loss for sure already

btw: For those who cant stand the fact that this would be another theory of the countless involving haki - Zoro is the strawhat who is least likey to eat a DF but most likely to hold up to Ruffy in terms of strenght Ruffy trained with Rayleigh to the point where he couldnt advice him no more.If Zorro would not want to look like inventory but as the vice captain of the future piratekings crew at the side of this special trained rubberman he should have done a major step in the meantime.
    Last edited by Soka; February 02, 2011 at 07:49 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it could be one of 2 ways.....

either oda http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_Masamunehas decided to model zoro after this guy

or zoro cant fully control his haki and has to keep one eye close so that he doesnt knock everyone out around him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

In latest chapter(613) Zoros scar looks deep to me, his eye is probably seriously damaged and wont be shown or it will be looking just like one of the Dobermans eye(Vice Admiral with dead white eye).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Syzerd's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly i hope he really miss an eye instead of being just training or having a special eye. I don't have problems with zoro missing an eye, it just increase his awesomeness, being the greatest swordsman with only one eye.

Think of a bad guy mocking on zoro for only having one eye and then zoro completely owning him. I think it is really original, but we just have to wait to hear more concerning his eye.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Syzerd View Post
    Honestly i hope he really miss an eye instead of being just training or having a special eye. I don't have problems with zoro missing an eye, it just increase his awesomeness, being the greatest swordsman with only one eye.

Think of a bad guy mocking on zoro for only having one eye and then zoro completely owning him. I think it is really original, but we just have to wait to hear more concerning his eye.
    How is it original ?? Have you ever read Berserk ??

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoot View Post
    How is it original ?? Have you ever read Berserk ??
    No, I don't, but for the ones who are only reading one piece it's a very unespected thing thus very original.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well for the people who are only reading One Piece almost everything woud be pretty original since you would not have any comparison. If your just taking One Piece as a comparison to One Piece you can almost say nothing about it's originalty only that it's not repetetiv.
    Since some things were done already or have been inspired I wouldn't call a scene like that original. Although I want to point out that not everything needs to be very original to be good. By all means I don't think that's actually possible.

But let's get back to topic: I don't think that Zoro lost his eye intentionally to train his haki. If he would need to handicap himself wouldn't it be sufficient to just close one eye for good?
    My guess is that he lost it in a fight (ohh surprise ) with either Mihawk during the training or against some other foe most probably on his way back or on a journey which was part of his training.
    That he lost his eye against Mihawk is possible but I guess that it's unlikely. Like I said I don't think that Zoro lost his eye intentionally furthermore I think that Mihawk is skilled enough not to hurt a sparring partner that bad (losing a eye isn't just a small bruise). Additionally there was no reason to further test Zoro's determinition.
    If he lost his eye - by any chance - against Mihawk I would say that he closed the gap between them, otherwise I can't imagine Mihawk to hurt him that bad.

The panda-bears rocking all over the world!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope theres nothing hidden in that eye or else this will complete the epic one eyed trio of kakashi , zaraki and zoro...all he needs now is an eye patch..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member warriorofvirtue's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

im surprised none of the strawhats have said anything about it though?
    Rigardo The Silver Eyed Lion King!!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lord.Strife's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

The closed eye is probably another form of training.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    Exceptional Sentence. I can't stop laughing .

In a manga with Living perverted bones, shy talking reindeer, ...
    a man without an eye is original ... No, even better, a pirate without an eye ...
    That's original ? Are you fucking kidding me ?

Edit: And the best part is that in order to call it "original", you're saying "lets forget about other work / don't compare with anything else"... I give you a "thanks", you deserve it

Edit 2: Zoro fanboys ... I swear

Edit 3: Now that I think about it. Zoro is probably the less original strawhat.
    You are cool, i want to be like you.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    Wel I think he can open his eye. But only for a short moment or at most during a whole fight. He probably got it damaged by Mwk while training during the skip. Thus he can't have it opened for a long time, since it means heavy burden on his eye. He will only open it during serious fights. Openning that eye equals a powerboost.

Anyway, I don't think there is some sort of Kakashi vs2 going on. Oda is not that cheap to copy the obvious from a another manga. But honestly I think it will just turn out to be a closed eye, nothing special or w/e.
    I think the scar is only there to make him look like Rayleigh. Nothing more.

A special eye is IMO just impossible. If Sanji didn't get one despite the fact that we didn't see his eye for more than 500 chapters, Zoro isn't getting one. And zoro isn't getting any devil fruit either. Zoro must becomes the strongest swordman without "cheating".
    Last edited by zelllogan; February 04, 2011 at 11:59 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member scandalous''s Avatar
    Country
    Suriname
    Post Thanks / Like

Assuming zoro has haki, it could be that zoro had trouble mastering the color of observation and he only opens his eye during a serious battle which allows him to use the coo temporarily but has some drawbacks if constantly opened? Yeah I know it reeks of sharingan, but it could be plausible. Could also be that mihawk just curbstomped zoro because of his slowness in learning coo and just f'ed up that eye to speed up the process.

There is definitely something concerning that eye. My guess is the author will touch on it soon enough during a battle or something.

But I don't really care if there is something special concerning his eye or not, the guy is still the bad ass of the crew and looks cool with or without that "damaged" eye.
    Last edited by scandalous'; February 04, 2011 at 02:03 PM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast