Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Zoro's Eye

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zoro's Eye

His training was so bad ass that he lost an eye in the process. What other explanation is needed? And if Zoro's lost eye needs explaining I demand an explanation about Sanji's goatee. Why did he grow it? What type of razor does he use to trim it? Was growing it out his idea or one of the newkama's?

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that is a bit of an exageration. You get a goatee on a whim, maybe you lose a bet or heck, he might have seen to many village people-ish characters... An eye is an entirely different matter. Its not just about zoro getting such an awesome training that his eue popped out out of sheer awesomeness, zoro was actually mutilated, this is a grave injury which he will have to deal with for the rest of his life. In turn, if sanji gets bored he just shaves the damn thing off or vibrates his chin so as to burn it off. At the very least I would think there is a justification to show how zoro was mutilated and half blinded while showing the goatee part is mildly less relevant...

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member feanaro's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

don't know if anyone made any comments on that, but a quite logical theory on zorro's lost eye

maybe he blinded himself, so he would give himself a disadvantage against mihawk, balancing his training advantages
    so their final fight would be fair, without zorro's moral problem of having learned from hiss enemy

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though I mostly agree with kkck I actually hope that Zoro didn't loose his eye. I hope he has just a scar and he doesn't open his eye just because it might be painful and as he also doesn't need to open his second eye to fight trash.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone watch the Shura no Toki anime? With the badass hand to hand fighters...the Mutsus? Well there was one Mutsu who opened up his right eye only when in a serious fight...so I think it's the same with Zorro...just more badassery

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope it will be like this. It would actually fit Zoro's character. Maybe he will open his eye if in the upcoming chapters he will have to face Tashigi? Maybe it would be because he would be surprised not only because of seeing her, but also because he managed to develop her swordsmanship to a great degree.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We will get an explanation sooner or later. It's kind of like that facial scar Luffy has, even if he got it in a ridiculous manner we will hear about it though I'm sure Zoro's story will be slightly more epic. I believe we will find out the truth about wether his eye still works the first time he has to put his bandanna on, since we know he will be completely serious against whoever he is fighting.

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tobi Uchiha's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Page356 View Post
    I believe we will find out the truth about wether his eye still works the first time he has to put his bandanna on, since we know he will be completely serious against whoever he is fighting.
    nah, he already put his bandana on when they started fighting the fodder-fishmenpirates in the plaza.

Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cizuz View Post
    I am actually surprised in One Piece that more characters DON'T have an eye patch. The reason real pirates almost every second person had an eye patch was not due to losing an eye(some were though) but it was to condition one eye to be in darkness so when on an enemy ship they would often have to go under where there is no light(lamps if any would be smashed) so they would take patch off and have an eye conditioned for the dark.

I am really surprised Oda never added anything like that yet.

As for Zoro, he probably had his eye cut and that's it.
    This is the best theory we've gotten though, maybe to train himself to fight in the dark he closed his eye. If it does become relevant it will probably have to do with this. Also if i recall one loses depth perception with only one eye, so for his swordsmanship to still be as strong as it is while losing an eye or with one eye would be badass, would make him into a monster when he finally opens it if its not just a lost eye.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just accept it guys, the next time that he opens his eye hes going to put the whole world under an illusion.

Oh whops...wrong manga.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He's obviously hiding a pacifista laser in his left eye. The scar is from the surgery.
    Last edited by Naruffy; January 31, 2012 at 01:01 AM.

15. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

To think of it again.. one more theory comes to mind... We have not seen mihawk after time skip yet.. so it might be a case that they were attacked by someone.. and something has happened to mihawk and zoro managed with one eye gone to survive...

May be after akainu became the in charge he might have thought that marine does not need schichibukai like mihawk who does not care about the government... Moriah got on hit list and was tried to be anihiliated... kuma already turned into a cyborg who takes orders... doflamingo is a pet... buggy will be a weak schichibukai who will again be a pet to governement ... hancock and her island is on mercy of world govt since world govt have ships that can travel in calm belt .... so only remaining one is mihawk... in these two years there is a chance that he may have got attacked...
    Last edited by Ninja_Pirate; January 31, 2012 at 01:48 AM.

New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6