Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Urahara Kisuke and Hirako Shinji vs Yamamoto

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara Kisuke and Hirako Shinji vs Yamamoto

Rules and Conditions:

Scenario 1:

1. Everyone can't use bankai
    2. The battle takes place in FKT

Scenario 2:

1. Everyone can use bankai when shown.
    2. The battle takes place in FKT.

In scenario 1 I believe Urahara and Shinji would win. IMO their regular combat skills are higher than Shunsui and Ukitake. Add in haxx inventions, shikai abilities, Shinji's mask and Urahara's intelligence and they take this (albeit with difficulty)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Urahara Kisuke and Hirako Shinji vs Yamamoto

I think Yamamoto's power isn't so easy to contain. Shinji's Shikai wouldn't do anything to stop Yama from just blowing up the whole damn place in a big torrent of fire. Urahara has versatility, but he'd damn well better be on defense 99% of the time or he'll be incinerated.

At the same time, he's in a two against one situation, and those are always the most difficult to predict. Sure, he held his own against Shunsui and Ukitake, but I don't believe any one of the 3 were seriously trying to KILL the other. The problem is that despite Yama being in several fights, his power is still pretty much indeterminable, we just know he's stronger than everyone, but to what degree?

I'll say Yamamoto both times, intelligence, versatility, and reversal tricks are nice, but I'd imagine Yamamoto can kill just about anyone in a single strike. (Now that there's no more badass Ichigo and Godzen anyway)

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Urahara's inventions and strategy would definitely have to play a role here. Yamamoto is one of the few people in Bleach that can more or less deal with Sakanade because of his ability to surround himself with flames. If Shinji can create an opening for Kisuke to use one of his 90 level chanted hadous or his exploding net I think they have a good shot.

One thing both Shinji and Kisuke do have going for them is that they both can attack from a range until Kisuke figures out a way to take down Yamamoto. Shinji with his ceros and Kisuke with his red GT.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    Well Urahara's inventions and strategy would definitely have to play a role here. Yamamoto is one of the few people in Bleach that can more or less deal with Sakanade because of his ability to surround himself with flames. If Shinji can create an opening for Kisuke to use one of his 90 level chanted hadous or his exploding net I think they have a good shot.

One thing both Shinji and Kisuke do have going for them is that they both can attack from a range until Kisuke figures out a way to take down Yamamoto. Shinji with his ceros and Kisuke with his red GT.
    Considering Ulq could knock away Kisuke's GT with his hand, I'd imagine even a full powered one (If it wasn't at that time) could be EASILY handled by Yamamoto, same goes for Shinji's Ceros IMO.

Yamamoto is also insanely fast, who's to say he wouldn't be standing right behind them the second they shot their ranged attacks?

The biggest asset is Shinji's Shikai and some distance, if these aren't combined, then they're damn near useless. Yamamoto would kill anyone who was too close, but if Shinji can skew his view of what close IS, then Urahara could attack from behind or something. I'm not sure what other method could possibly work to be honest.

Urahara's Kido was impressive though, perhaps he can momentarily restrain the CC? Hard to say.

Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Yamamoto wins pretty easily. He doesn't even need EJ, he can just surround himself with flames and there's not much that Urahara and Shinji can do to hurt him until Yamamoto eventually burns them down. I find it hard to believe that Urahara & Shinji duo is insanely superior to Shunsui & Ukitake who had no chance whatsoever to defeat Yamamoto. IMO Aizen & Urahara vs Yamamoto would be a better match-up, Urahara & Shinji can't defeat Aizen, let alone Yamamoto.
    Last edited by Gran Maestro; October 22, 2010 at 05:56 PM.

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you guys are severely underestimating Urahara and Shinji. Yama has never shown an attack that, hits in all directions, with little startup, that is likely to kill fighters of Urahara and Shinji's caliber.

Shunsui and Ukitake were able to hold their own against Yama and nothing suggest he was holding back. Yama implied he would just outright kill them if they didn't fight back. If Yama could create a powerful attack that could severely damage high level shinigami why didn't he do that the moment he caught Aizen?

Also if Yama created fire in all directions Urahara and Shinji could just stay back and fire long range attacks at him all day.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member emanresu's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Urahara Kisuke and Hirako Shinji vs Yamamoto

yamaji will set on a barricade of fire surrounding him perhaps. so neither urahara or shinji can slash him within close distance. .

so shinji activates reverse world. yamaji's take some moment to grasp what just happen. but its too late as urahara spam a kido with a seal cast within the kido.

yamaji lose in both cases.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    Considering Ulq could knock away Kisuke's GT with his hand, I'd imagine even a full powered one (If it wasn't at that time) could be EASILY handled by Yamamoto, same goes for Shinji's Ceros IMO.
    Well Kisuke's attack is hard to gauge. I do believe the one Ulquiorra deflected wasn't full powered, but let's also not forget that Ulquiorra is the same guy who could stop Ichigo's hollowfied GT with his hands. Espada have this little thing called hierro that Shinigami lack, and hierro seems to be especially effective against energy attacks. Either way, Kisuke is definitely not going to kill Yamamoto with his red GT, but I don't think Yama can completely brush them off either.

Shinji's cero is a big question mark. Grimmjow deflected the majority of the damage with his own cero when he got hit by it, yet he was still nearly killed...and Grimmjow himself had pretty good hierro. I think a direct hit from Shinji's cero would cause some damage, though it certainly wouldn't be enough to bring Yamamoto down either.

Quote Quote:
    Yamamoto is also insanely fast, who's to say he wouldn't be standing right behind them the second they shot their ranged attacks?
    Nobody I guess. We know Yamamoto is fast but we can't really compare his speed to his two opponents here. Kisuke himself has to be quick. He was shown holding his own against Yoruichi in hand to hand combat, and he's a former member of Onmitsukido. Shinji doesn't have to many speed feats, but he was easily able to evade Grimmjow when he went up against him (something bankai Ichigo couldn't do). And he also did dodge Kaname's attack that was like half an inch from away from cutting the top half of his head off. Shinji also has hollowfication, which we know is at least a sizable speed boost.

Quote Quote:
    The biggest asset is Shinji's Shikai and some distance, if these aren't combined, then they're damn near useless. Yamamoto would kill anyone who was too close, but if Shinji can skew his view of what close IS, then Urahara could attack from behind or something. I'm not sure what other method could possibly work to be honest.
    I was about to mention that. Even if Yamamoto is a bit faster than them, it doesn't do much good if he's going the wrong direction. Shinji's shikai can't "skew his view of what close is" like you suggested though. What it can do is confuse Yamamoto enough that they can keep their distance from him and evade his attacks.
    Last edited by El Samurai Guapo; October 23, 2010 at 08:26 PM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    Well Kisuke's attack is hard to gauge. I do believe the one Ulquiorra deflected wasn't full powered, but let's also not forget that Ulquiorra is the same guy who could stop Ichigo's hollowfied GT with his hands. Espada have this little thing called hierro that Shinigami lack, and hierro seems to be especially effective against energy attacks. Either way, Kisuke is definitely not going to kill Yamamoto with his red GT, but I don't think Yama can completely brush them off either.
    There's no doubt in my mind that Yamamoto could crush Ulq into dust with his bare hands. I'm not saying that Urahara's GT is incapable of hurting Yama, but from what we've seen, it's far from impressive enough to pose a threat to the CC. It's still a long range option yes, but far from a definitive one.

Quote Quote:
    Shinji's cero is a big question mark. Grimmjow deflected the majority of the damage with his own cero when he got hit by it, yet he was still nearly killed...and Grimmjow himself had pretty good hierro. I think a direct hit from Shinji's cero would cause some damage, though it certainly wouldn't be enough to bring Yamamoto down either.
    Aizen's Reiatsu also brought down Grimmjow to his knees, and sweating profusely, Yamamoto is significantly stronger than Aizen. I think we can conclude that Grimmjow would not live long in the presence of Yamamoto concentrating on him.

Quote Quote:
    Nobody I guess. We know Yamamoto is fast but we can't really compare his speed to his two opponents here. Kisuke himself has to be quick. He was shown holding his own against Yoruichi in hand to hand combat, and he's a former member of Onmitsukido. Shinji doesn't have to many speed feats, but he was easily able to evade Grimmjow when he went up against him (something bankai Ichigo couldn't do). And he also did dodge Kaname's attack that was like half an inch from away from cutting the top half of his head off. Shinji also has hollowfication, which we know is at least a sizable speed boost.
    This wasn't actually a part of my reasoning for why Yama would win, I was simply speculating, because like I said, we don't know a whole lot about the CC comparative-wise (well, except maybe power).

Quote Quote:
    I was about to mention that. Even if Yamamoto is a bit faster than them, it doesn't do much good if he's going the wrong direction. Shinji's shikai can't "skew his view of what close is" like you suggested though. What it can do is confuse Yamamoto enough that they can keep their distance from him and evade his attacks.
    Sure it can. "skew his view of what close is" means that if Urahara is close to him, Shinji can reverse Yamamoto's perception to make him appear farther away. His Shikai wasn't limited to just direction, I though that eyesight was reversed as well, would that not mean close and far?

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

shinji and urahara are still to small scale to take on yamamoto. urahara can make some pretty big explosions and powerful kido but none seem good enough to take down yama(he might be the best tank in bleach, like kenpachi and koma combined)

sakanade would be awesome as always but yama can make fire storms all around him.

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing Yama could do is create fire on himself, but even if he does that Urahara could still seal him.
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; October 26, 2010 at 05:12 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ennetsu Jigoku. Game over for all of them. Since neither of them have Wonderweiss' power, they can't contain Yama's flames. Thus they die easily.

Or frankly if Yamamoto uses Jōkaku Enjō, then Shinji and Urahara are trapped. We've already seen he's fast as hell using the attack (especially since Aizen, Gin and Tousen could've easily shunpo'd out of the way, but they didn't) then Yama just kills them with another flame. I bet there's even more to Jōkaku Enjō, such as him perhaps being able to have the flames collapse inwards.

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Ej takes to much time.

Aizen didn't feel the need to dodge Yama's attack, He thought the Espada were enough to take care of the Gotei 13.
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; October 26, 2010 at 05:55 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    Ej takes to much time.

Aizen didn't feel the need to dodge Yama's attack, He thought the Espada were enough to take care of the Gotei 13.
    Not really, yama grabbed aizens arm and the pillars of fire formed, no delay really. Yama shouldn't even need to grab shinji like he did aizen, with sakanade you will always see shinji comming. No matter where he is his distance from you will always be real so Yama can guess his general location well enough to get a hit since his attacks can be all consuming sized.

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conn-man View Post
    Not really, yama grabbed aizens arm and the pillars of fire formed, no delay really. Yama shouldn't even need to grab shinji like he did aizen, with sakanade you will always see shinji comming. No matter where he is his distance from you will always be real so Yama can guess his general location well enough to get a hit since his attacks can be all consuming sized.
    Yama was preparing Ej while the other captains where fighting the Espada

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast