Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Genshiken Nidaime by Kio Shimoku

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Genshiken Nidaime by Kio Shimoku

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Hm, I personally like both series, if you can separate them, but somehow the charm of the earlier chapters of the first series is missing. How does everyone feel about the new Genshiken and how would you compare it to the old one, if you can split them at all as I said?
    It still has the same style and vibe, but I'm not sold on the new set of characters yet. And these past two chapter that were pretty much void of the old cast have been tough. I have hope though. I actually didn't start to care about the original set of characters until about 10 chapters in.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Characters are very important for me in manga, Madarame is my favorite, I really like him, mostly in the older chapters. My fear is that Genshiken would start to decline, though the mangaka sort of had a mix of old and new with the start of the "new" series I just do not want the series to lose it's appeal.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Characters are very important for me in manga, Madarame is my favorite, I really like him, mostly in the older chapters. My fear is that Genshiken would start to decline, though the mangaka sort of had a mix of old and new with the start of the "new" series I just do not want the series to lose it's appeal.
    Madarame is also my favorite, along with Saki. I love their interactions.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

lol, It was here that asked him "How can you get excited over a picture?" right? That was so funny and Madarame was explaining the plot of the anime they were watching! Haha!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm bumping this because the past couple of chapters have been excellent.

What do you think Hato will do now? Its kind of odd seeing him as a guy again. I wonder if he was starting to identify as a girl because of the crossdressing? Or was it just because he's getting a crush on Madarame?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member AstroNerdBoy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess because this manga had Genshiken go from an otaku group to a fujoshi group, no one really cares about the manga, eh? ^_^;

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I just stumbled over the Anime a week ago (the 2nd season first, actually) and after watching both season I was like "there HAS to be a Manga". Found it, read it, loved it. One of my favorite scenes was when Chika (I use Chika 'cause I can't remember how her last name is actually spelled) showed her drawings of Sasa x Mada to Sasahara. And, though I can't really say I have a thing for Boylove (wether it is x-rated or not) I think that Hato is probably the only male character EVER that I'd consider cute, for his affection for Madara. Though it is a bit sad that we don't get to see Tanaka and Kugarama that often anymore, I'm all for the new characters. I'm not really bothered how they are basically all into yaoi, it is still fun to read the thoughts and discussions of Otaku - and all the crazy things they may lead to.

And yet, it is another Manga that tortures me for a whole month until I can read the new chapter. But I am absolutely sure that every month'll be worth it!

What I am really looking forward to is if and who Madarame will end up with. Looks like Sue'll be the one that has to visit him. And, out of the four possibilities Saki has thought of, she's my favorite (though Hato is really close).

Too bad this genuinely brilliant Manga appears to not be well-known.

kstefan88

Edit: Madara is meant to be Madarame. Dunno how I got that mixed up, but I guess I'll leave it as it is for the lols.
    Last edited by kstefan88; November 18, 2013 at 08:31 AM.
    Interested in Roleplay?
    Whether you only want to spectate or to participate, come and join us:
    Klick me!

Quote Originally Posted by General Nele Rea Sanka
    People might forget you. People might forget what you did. But what you did will always be there.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter (97) was incredible. I really enjoyed seeing Hato, Yajima, and Yoshitake hang out. In fact, the past two chapters are great. I've always found Yajima to be an incredibly realistic character, so it was nice to see her get more screentime.

I suppose things have become quite angsty -- you have Hato struggling to accept his crush on Madarame, even though the chances of him reciprocating is close to none. And on the other side you have Yajima, who has an equally slim chance with Hato. This is why I still enjoy Genshiken, the humor is really diffuses everything. I hope we get some more development from Sue next time. I really want to see her fujoshiness framed by her American roots. Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by kstefan88 View Post
    Too bad this genuinely brilliant Manga appears to not be well-known.
    Its a shame, really. I've actually found Genshiken a lot more interesting after Ogiue came along. She's one of my all time favorite characters -- the struggles that she went through are incredible. Its a shame the anime never animated how she and Sasahara got together (that was like, THE highlight for me). And now with Hato, things are really getting complex. I have no idea how this will all pan out but I have a feeling it'll be bittersweet.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Genshiken is a series MADE for anime, I have no idea why it is not constantly animated, well it is a bit slow to have an ongoing anime weekly but maybe they can pull something off, I think more fans would come to it if it had a running anime since the topics it covers are VERY anime-like.

In this day and age the growth of Otaku can use an anime like Genshiken!

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2