Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Favorite Mage(s)

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lucy Heartphilia

38 25.17%
  • Natsu Dragonil

69 45.70%
  • Gray Fullbuster

45 29.80%
  • Erza Scarlet

73 48.34%
  • Gazille Reitfox

41 27.15%
  • Wendy

24 15.89%
  • Happy

20 13.25%
  • Charlie

5 3.31%
  • Panther Lily

20 13.25%
  • Loki

25 16.56%
  • Mirajane

41 27.15%
  • Elfman

9 5.96%
  • Lisanna

17 11.26%
  • Juvia Loxar

37 24.50%
  • Luxus Dreher

40 26.49%
  • Fried Justine

18 11.92%
  • Bixlow

13 8.61%
  • Evergreen

10 6.62%
  • Cana Alberona

15 9.93%
  • Makarov

25 16.56%
  • Gildarts Clive

57 37.75%
  • Mistgun

41 27.15%
  • Mavis Vermillion

5 3.31%
  • Levy McGarden

22 14.57%
  • Jet

2 1.32%
  • Droy

1 0.66%
  • Arzack Cornell

5 3.31%
  • Visca Moulin

6 3.97%
  • other (please name)

3 1.99%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Mage(s)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member miramira's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Mage(s)

I had voted my top female mages (Mira, Erza, Lucy, Juvia and Levy) though it was unintentional, I was going choosing from 3 male mages (Gildartz, Loki, Elfman) but in the end, they were...ehrm, overpowered? haha o_o

My top picks on females I was able to vote for:

Top character: Mirajane ^_^ *and my username is such a giveaway^^*

Mirajane. I love how balanced Mira's character is. She's sweet and funny (in a mild way - I'm not a comedy fan) and caring and a bit sisterly/motherly to everyone in the guild, at the same time she's so feminine I must admit I have a girl crush on her ^^. But what I like most is her tough side. She may have avoided duelling in most of the manga, but she's not one to stand on the sidelines and cry either. She holds her own and can be a good leader when needed. She may be sweet but she's not timid - she wasn't afraid to scold even Laxus and Makarov. She's a character with a perfect balance of smiles and sorrows and softness and strength. ♥ ...and don't get me started on how much I love her full body transformation, okay? xDDD

Runner ups: I can't choose between Erza and Lucy.

Erza Scarlet. I don't think there's any need to explain. She's just the awesomest badass character ever. She just doesn't ever give up. I also like her *cough*kinky*cough* side. I'm not a fan of comedy but it's usually the gags about her are the ones that I really enjoy

Lucy Heartfilia. When I started reading FT, I didn't expect to even like Lucy. She seemed a bit too vain, and I thought she'd come out as a selfish character. But with every single chapter, with every little thing we discover about her, about her personality, and with every line...I guess she just grew on me, slowly but steadily She turnd out to be one of the most selfless characters in FT afterall. What I really like about her is that she stood up for the guild and never stopped caring and helping and understanding. Up for Lucy! ^^

...I shall be back for Juvia and Levy. And maybe the male mages as well, if this is still not spamming. D: ..but I really need to sleeep. xDD

Good night! ^_^
    "You just can't beat that girl." )

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ShoobyDooBop's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

My favourite mages (Male)

1. Laxus Dreyar- I really like his character, his style. He may be arrogant but he's not pissing me off. And even though he was like that, he wanted to the guild to be stronger and cared for it. Also, for me Laxus's personality is needed in the guild coz he's the only one who really beats the shit out of anyone who makes fun of FT.

2. Gray Fullbuster- I also like his character and style. Plus, he really makes me laugh. And unlike Natsu, he's not annoying me. Natsu really annoys me sometimes.

3. Natsu Dragneel- Even though he annoys me sometimes and his catchphrase is annoying now, I still like him. His rivalry with Gray is one of the reasons he's one of my favs. and his cute relationship with Lisanna. And I enjoy the gags he makes.

My favourite mages (Female)

1.Mirajane- I really like her. She's so cute and charming. Also, she's cute but terrible. And I like her motherly relationship in the guild. I like it when she was angry at Laxus. I like her face that time. She was trying to make a scary face but couldn't.

2. Erza Scarlet- The most awesome female character I've seen. She's your dream girl. She has everything good personality, beauty, cute face, her kinky and funny side. I also really enjoy the gags about her.

The others are Gildartz, Gajeel, Wendy, Happy, Lisanna and Evergreen.
    Last edited by ShoobyDooBop; April 13, 2011 at 12:37 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MrEspel's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Natsu- He has a simple personality, cares for his friends and touches girls asses without hesitation.

Erza- Strong, Feminine and Hot(I want some, Gerald can rot in that Cell forever)

Lucy- She is very funny and hot.

Gajeel- Although he was a women beater, he is cool now lets hope he is not a triple agent. How old is he? 19? 20?

Wendy- awww She is cute and little, stop making pairing with her and Mystgun shes just a little girl your sick minded people.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Im surprised with gildarts s high score ^^" must be the obliterating moment he made Natsu cry I suspected Mirajane would end higher tho.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Mirajane - She's just lovely. And he Satan Soul is bad ass.
    2. Mistgun - Just total ownage.
    3. Gildarts - He made Natsu cry.
    4. Ultear- Super cool and strong magic.
    5. Melody - I like her Maguilty Sodom.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

I have at First place a tie between
    Lucy
    her magic is funny and entertaining lets face it without her keys FT wouldnt be this funny xD and i also like how there is hinting on how her magic could not only be just her keys (i see magic development coming)
    I like her story its the most realistic, and there could be more to her through her mum ^^

Natsu
    Fire is one of my fav. elements and plus dragons (i <3 mythology) so hes a given fav.
    Natsu history is mysterious and interesting my kind of character xD

Erza is second
    so many cool armor, such a dramatic past and awesome Erzaxjellal relationship ^^ sad but amazing me loves it

Third is Jellal
    I find him an interesting fellow whose story is intiguing and magic is tres powerful and cool.

then there are
    Wendy - adorable =3 and healing is a very good and needed magic! defense is also imp
    Gajeel and levy - together theyre the best i love em
    Gildartz - he fought a dragon and made natsu cry 'nough said

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Luxus by a longshot. In addition to his fashion sense (love the pimp coat) Luxus is proud of his strength, and he's not afraid to boast about it. He can back up anything he says and he really couldn't care less about what others think of him. [Like someone else we all know.] He does what he wants, when he wants, and given the fact that he took on Mystgun, Erza, Gazille, and Natsu he's definitely worthy of the title of Fairy Tail's strongest.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Luxus!! For everything ZERO PHOENIX said, Luxus is just badass and the next master of Fairy Tail...
    Last edited by ErosVp; January 04, 2012 at 05:26 AM.

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    given the fact that he took on Mystgun, Erza, Gazille, and Natsu he's definitely worthy of the title of Fairy Tail's strongest.
    Gildarts is "Fairy Tail's strongest." And the last time I checked, he didn't actually beat any of those opponents in the end.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ShoobyDooBop's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
    Gildarts is "Fairy Tail's strongest." And the last time I checked, he didn't actually beat any of those opponents in the end.
    He didn't say he's the strongest but worthy being the strongest.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

meh I want to revote .___.

replace natsu with laxus ....
    When scum rules the world only more scum are born...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Gajeel
    He's simply bad ass and I realy like those tough characters. His Iron Scales also remind me a bit of Colossus from X-Men who has always been one of my favorite super heroes. He's also great for comedy sometimes... for example when he's eating some iron he's not supposed to or how he's proud about "His Lilly"... LOL he's treating a fucking Panther Warrior as some kind of Pokemon xD

2. Juvia
    This chick is simply awesome. She obviously has some screws loose, which makes her always great for comedy, but at the same time she's a realy kind person you can always count on. I also love her water magic because water element users have always been among my favorites. On top of that when she snaps and gets her "zombie look" even Erza was scared of her... which realy means something lol

3. Erza
    I loved her from when I've first seen her in combat. I always see her somewhat as Fairy Tail's version of Roronoa Zoro, which is awesome because such a role is rarely portraied by a female character. She also has some quirks which are once again great for comedy, like when she K.O'ed every person she wanted to interrogate before they could even open their mouth to answer xD

4. Natsu
    Yeah come on... how could someone dislike Natsu. His whole personality is just awesome... he's destructive, reckless, short-tempered, completely chaotic and in a few ways even retarded... yet he somehow manages to be a good guy xD

I realy lol'd when during the Oracion Seis Arc they tried to imagine what would happen to Natsu if Nirvana turned him evil only to come to the conclusion that nothing about him would change at all xD

Usually I don't have much interest for fire users because fire magic/abilities are kind of common, which makes me think "ohhh wow... another guy who throws fire balls... how boring". But for Natsu it realy works, his whole red dragon theme is very cool and I just love when he pwn's the villains in some epic way and the image of a red dragon appears behind him... never fails to send a few chills down my spine.

5. Happy
    Usually I'am not into such small/cute characters with high pitchy voice, but what can I say? Happy is an exception... which just shows what an awesome character designer Mashima is. Happy's unnecessary comments at the most unusual moments never cease to make me laugh... Aye!

-------------------------------------

The list could actually go on and on and on because I realy can't think of any characters in Fairy Tail I'd dislike. Wendy, Lucy, Gildarts and even Elfman with his "Manly Comments" on everything or some side characters like Ur are also among my favorites, but I wanted to keep the list short... so yeah... there you have it :P
    Last edited by LnDRash; October 01, 2011 at 06:05 PM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Phenom's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When I first started reading Fairy Tail I had a lot of issues with the characters, heck caused me to even drop it at one point because I didn't really like anyone outside of Erza. What changed all of that was watching the anime. The anime added in the extra oomph of emotion so you can really feel for the characters and that's what I thought the manga lacked. Now for my choices (To get it out the way now, outside of Gildarts and perhaps Gerard now, I don't like any of the guys).

Erza - Coming off of reading Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece when I first got into this series, Erza was like a blessing because it was the first time I read a shounen series where you have a strong woman as one of the leading characters. To see that she was no damsel was no damsel and can actually hold her own was so refreshing. I could do away with the fanservice, but whatever.

Ultear - Well she's like Erza (minus the whole damsel stuff). A badass woman that's a villain and not some woman that has to flaunt her stuff to show that she got it.

Cana - Honestly, I have no idea why I consider her a favorite, but I do.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MONKEYS's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Firstly, Jet: Yeah, I know, he's not really a prominent character, but damn his post timeskip design is just cool (as opposed to Droy, but hey, I didn't really like Droy anyway). Also, he seemed capable of getting over Levy in the seven years, if only to fall back into lust when she returned. Also, I like characters involved with speed for some reason, I don't know...

This brings us to Levy: Another of my favourites, and yeah, I'm probably the only one here who doesn't support LevyxGazille, but yeah, I'll eventually have to submit, seems like Hiro Mashima is set on that happening. Right, reasons I like her, she's pretty cute, and unlike most of the other female characters, she doesn't have breasts reaching 30cm from her chest (it works here). Also, she seems pretty smart, and her personality is so upbeat.

Mystogan: Need I really explain this, he's just so frickin' badass. No more need be said on the matter

Laxus: Redemption seems like a pretty big theme in FT. Gazille, Luvia, and Laxus (and to a lesser extent, his lackeys) have all been redeemed in the eyes of FT, and in our own eyes. That's pretty cool in my opinion. Plus, lightning!!

Gazille: Kind of like Natsu, but also different. I really have no idea how he sees Levy (I keep going back to this, sorry)

Last one, Alzack Cornell (the gunslinger guy): I like how he's so devoted to Bisca, also, his magic is pretty cool.

I could go on, but those who decided to read this are probably tired by now, and I could say something about every character, they all have their good points, and it shows that Mashima put considerable time into each and every one of them.

Also, I only just started reading FT a few weeks ago, so maybe that's why I'm so hyped up right now. But still, much awesomeness, and it always seems to throw a (metaphorical) curveball when I least expect it.
    Since I'm not godlike with flash or anything, I'm going to dedicate my signature space to the people who make our weekly manga viewing possible.

I don't know their names, but really, anyone who works to bring manga to my eyes weekly, you have my thanks.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Lucy

At first, I thought I'm not going to like her. My calculations were wrong. She's like a breath of fresh air. Not that she's unique (talking about manga in general), but I like that stuff around her never is serious. She's nice and funny.. ..and I appreciate it when she keeps as many pieces of clothes on as possible.

2.-10. (no particular order)

Gray, Juvia, Gajeel, Jellal/Mystogan, Gil, Laxus, Loki, Freed, the daughter of Bisca and Alzac ()

Then, the rest minus one XD

ex oriente lux

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast