Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Final Zanpakuto Forms?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Final Zanpakuto Forms?

Does everyone Zanpakuto have a final release form? Or does Zangetsu only?

Anyone discuss this already?

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Final Zanpakuto Forms?

Bankai is the final release form of a zanpakutō, I assume you're referring to Final Getsuga Tenshō. We have reason to believe that Isshin has FGT ability too and since Isshin is a pure shinigami, it's not out of realm of possibilities that other shinigami can use similar abilities. We didn't see these kind of abilities from younger captains though and considering that Isshin is probably an old captain, it's likely that mastering this ability requires a very long time, even by shinigami standards. If this is the case, we can expect to see final zanpakutō abilities from senior captains but losing shinigami powers is a huge price to pay and I doubt they'll be willing to make this sacrifice. I have no idea how it would work for a shinigami though, I can't imagine someone in SS losing his ability to sense reiatsu and see souls.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A follow-up to this:

Looking back at the final fight between Aizen and Ichigo, Ichigo did not seem to have reiatsu. After he regains his Shinigami powers, he starts emitting reiatsu again.

First, is the 'final' form a non-shinigami power? Second, would this mean that FGT (and equivalent) is a perfect counter against Quincy's?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo did have reiatsu throughout all of his final battle against aizen. The issue at hand was that humans, shinigami or aizen were not able to perceive it simply because it was a power of a higher dimension or something.
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-57111-...apter-418.html

The way I see it, FGT is simply a bankai technique rather than a different release level or whatnot. As for the power ichigo had when he fought aizen, it was actually a different thing from the technique. FGT was only used at a particular point in the fight, I don't see why acquiring a zampakuto technique in itself would cause an inherent change in his power (thus making it imperceptible to measly mortals).

Now, since FGT is a zampakuto technique and not a release level it is entirely possible not every shinigami has something of the sort. After all, all zampakuto are supposed to be unique individuals. Granted zangetsu and engetsu seem similar but I would argue this is simply because they are pretty much related. Kinda like how parent and child can look alike.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Isshin being an old Shinigami suggests to me that, when Ichigo fought Byakauka and Ichigo started boasting that he had mastered Bankai and Byakauka said that it was impossible for him to have mastered his bankai then he stated that it would take Ichigo Thousands of Years till he mastered it, but this would mean he didn't know who Ichigo really was, but now Byakauka acknowledges Ichigo as "substitue shinigami"...... But i think learning the final form of zanpakuto should be a last resort thing for any captain......

If Isshin had to learn his Zanpakuto's final form there must have been a reason, be it too be with Masaki and live a human life(which could explain there being banishment's in SS) or if he was intending to use it for defensive prepossess(which could be the same time as the war) he could be the only person to ever do it

My point is that if anyone else has the capabilities to do so, would they?

What Isshin said to Ryukken, about his reistu never fully depleting, really intrigues me
    Last edited by devstauk; June 11, 2012 at 03:44 PM.
    Spoiler show

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

This never came to me, but yeah, I think it would make sense if every zan has a final form (price: losing your powers)

Whether any of the captains know about it or even able to enter the final form, I don't know. Even CC hasn't had any foreshadowing of that... but then, it's not like he even thought about using at least bankai huh XD

Final Form could be something that is taught only to Sq0. They should be ready to give up their powers to protect the King.

ex oriente lux

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Rikkaidai94's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet most likely all of the soul reapers do have a final zanpakuto form, but you probably won't really know since they haven't shown it and they most likely won't show it. I think that all of the soul reapers who have a good amount of spiritual pressure can achieve bankai they just have to work at it like Ichigo, Kisuke, and Ikkakku did. I would like to see what Kisuke's bankai would look like, but the show isn't going to show it even though I bet there's lots of people who would like to see Kisuke's bankai since it would be something different and nothing is really known about it. I bet that it would look really kool though if there was ever a chance to see it.
    *AkayaKiraharaIsAwesome*

New Reply