Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: question about Claymore wallpapers/art and itunes/licensed releases

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Deadbear's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the Viz Claymore releases

hey I was just wondering if anyone has bought the Viz Media "official" release of Claymore. I've always had problems with them because of obvious censoring, dialogue changes (some so bad it changes the plot a little), and spelling and grammatical errors in their releases of other manga such as Bleach or Naruto.
    If anyone here has bought them feedback of what you thought (especially with those issues) would be great. I've read the online scanlations of Claymore and i'd like to know if its they are a worthy purchase.
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day. --Robert Jordan, The Wheel of Time
    I dare you to find a more badass quote.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: the Viz Claymore releases

I've flipped through some of their release of Claymore, and its pretty well not censored. Its released through there Shonen Jump Advanced line which has far less censoring since its aimed at an older audience. Since I haven't actually bought them I could be wrong, but if you're a fan, I'm pretty sure they are worth purchasing.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    I've flipped through some of their release of Claymore, and its pretty well not censored. Its released through there Shonen Jump Advanced line which has far less censoring since its aimed at an older audience. Since I haven't actually bought them I could be wrong, but if you're a fan, I'm pretty sure they are worth purchasing.
    Not true. Compare this page and this one. Something is missing, don't you think? :]. If they censored something like this in the second volume who knows what else did they censor. Although it doesn't change the fact that it's still worth buying.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Mushashi's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Tsukisama; November 17, 2009 at 12:51 AM.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a question to anyone fluent in Japanese. In Viz version on page 49 of volume 5 Irene says: "I don't believe it! Teresa repelled Priscilla's massive strength using just enough youma power for her eye color to change". I've read however that it's far from being literal and more proper translation would look like this:

"I can't believe it! Teresa is exceeding Priscilla's insane power with only enough youki release to change her eye color!".

So which is it? Because it makes a big difference. Also is that sentence clear about how much youki Teresa released? Because "just enough youki for her eye color to change" suggests that it's closer to 10% but "only enough" is more ambiguous.

Link to the raw: http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/21659/55

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gernot's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

信じられん - I can't believe it / Unbelievable
    あのバカでかいプリシラの力を目の色が変わる程度の妖力解放で上回るだと
    Are you saying that she exceeds that ridiculously large power of Priscilla's with a youriki release to the degree that the color of her eyes changes?

So, it definitely does say "exceed".
    It doesn't say whether she's at the upper or lower range of the amount needed to change the color of her eyes. "Just enough" or "only enough" are additions to make the English sound better.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

question about Claymore wallpapers/art and itunes/licensed releases

Claymore Wallpapers / Art

Hi Guys:

Does anyone know of any Claymore wall papers or art that mirrors the style of Dave Mc Kean's work? It's a fusion of illustration and photography. Some of the best examples of his work are The Books of Magic, Black Orchid and Mr. Punch.

I think that style would work beautifully with Claymore since the series is dark and somber.

Thanks,
    WS
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; March 27, 2011 at 08:25 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Itunes or BluRay

Hello:

I'm considering purchasing the Claymore animated series. Itunes has it availble but I've seen a bluray edition available as well. I hear the bluray is in 1080i instead of 1080p. In regards to quality, which should I buy, the bluray disc or the Itunes download? Also how inferior is 1080i to 1080p?

Thanks,
    WS

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Questions about legal Claymore "merchandise" or other such stuff

unfortunately, I can't really help you directly with your question, hopefully maybe someone else can.

indirectly though, I got the DVD version, and its quality is good (very clear animation/pictures).
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; October 29, 2010 at 04:40 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: HegemonKhan
    edited this out as it's not needed and to avoid flame war

Quote Originally Posted by gernot
    妖力解放した時の力の上昇率は
    47人中一番と言われていてな

上昇 【じょうしょう】 (n,vs,adj-no) rising; ascending; climbing
    率 【りつ】 (n,n-suf) rate; ratio; proportion; percentage

So, something like:
    I am told / It is said that the rate of increase of power when I release youriki is the highest / greatest among the 47.
    Cyclone (who is good enough at Japanese to know whether some line is correct or not) has also confirmed it and it was pretty much canon for all those years.
    Moderator message by: HegemonKhan
    edited this out, not needed, and to avoid flame war
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; November 27, 2010 at 06:30 AM. Reason: goral brought up Fe', arguing that he (and his teacher) is wrong in their translating, so I removed this

New Reply