Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Outcome will be...

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kensei wins scenario 1/loses scenario 2

1 6.67%
  • Kensei wins scenario 2/loses scenario 1

2 13.33%
  • Kensei wins both scenarios

10 66.67%
  • Kensei loses both scenarios

2 13.33%
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kensei Muguruma vs Kaname Tousen (shinigami)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Kensei Muguruma vs Kaname Tousen (shinigami)

Honestly, I'm surprised this fight hasn't popped up yet, but whatever.

so, it's Kensei Muguruma vs Shinigami Tousen Kaname

Tousen is in his right mind, and this means that in case he manages to get Kensei under his Bankai he won't start explaining the abilities of Suzumushi to the deaf and blind man!

2 scenarios:
    1. Kensei can use mask
    2. Kensei can't use mask

edit: this fight falls under the category "fantasy", since in TBTP arc Tousen simply slashed Kensei in a surprise attack... that hardly qualifies as fight
    Last edited by AlB; October 30, 2010 at 11:32 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kensei Muguruma vs Kaname Tousen (shinigami)

I say that Kensei wins both scenarios. Kaname caught him and the others completely off guard in TBTP arc. What's more is I doubt Kensei ever expected a betrayal from Kaname (whom we know is pretty good at pretending to be a good guy).

If there's something we saw from Kaname's fight against that Sajin was that Sajin would have easily defeated him had it not been for hollowfication and HSR. So if Sajin > Shinigami Kaname, I would say the same for Kensei. If the explosions from Tekken Tachikaze are 5-10 times bigger than they are in Kensei's shikai, then I would assume Kaname's bankai dome wouldn't exactly be a safe haven for Kaname.

In retrospect I don't think Kensei was defeated by Wonderwiess. Even Yammi who was "off-paneled" by Byakuya and Kenpachi was shown in the aftermath, where the hell was Kensei?! I think Kensei is a little more important than Yammi is...

For those that will come back and tell me "Well, do you have any logical explanation then as to how WW appeared and attacked Yamamoto." Really? Can't we use our imaginations here? Anything is a possibility, Kensei could have been an agent of Aizen all along and purposely allowed WW to escape. No, I'm not saying I believe that's what happened, it's just an example of how it's not set in stone that Kensei lost to WW.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I always wondered about explosive fighters being made even more dangerous by being put in the dome, maybe even destroy or out a hole in it.

And we still don't know anything on kenseis bankai other than it might just be bigger attacks.

I can't decide right now.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think kanane wins this one. He has a way better hollowification and on top of that he has a resurreccion. He was able to take komamura's bankai with one hand and has great HSR, I doubt kensei can get past that if tousen fights like he regularly would.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I think kanane wins this one. He has a way better hollowification and on top of that he has a resurreccion. He was able to take komamura's bankai with one hand and has great HSR, I doubt kensei can get past that if tousen fights like he regularly would.
    Read the description, this is Shinigami Kaname, not hollow.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends. If Tousen uses Bankai immediately, Kensei would probably lose. But if they don't and start off the fight like most of them do normally, then probably Kensei. But does Kensei have the same reflexes as Kenpachi does to dodge when under bankai? Hmm...seeing as how hax Tousen's bankai is, I can't see how Kensei could do anything about it. Maybe if he was masked...

If Tachikaze doesn't need charging, he could just randomly slice in the air, it's bound to hit a shinigami Tousen XD

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

mask kensei easy win

no mask.hmm..like bowser said it depends if kensei can do a kenpachi n figure out his bankai and make it look pathetic..or if kensei stabs him head and blows it up as soon as fight begins

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO Tousen was the weakest captain when he was a shinigami. He can't defeat Kensei, mask or no mask. I don't think Tousen can trap any captain in his bankai unless this captain doesn't bother to run away. Losing to WW doesn't mean Kensei is weak, I would put my money on WW against hollow Tousen. And why don't we have hollow Tousen vs Kensei? Is it a fact that hollow Tousen is stronger than Kensei? I don't think so.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gran Maestro View Post
    IMO Tousen was the weakest captain when he was a shinigami. He can't defeat Kensei, mask or no mask. I don't think Tousen can trap any captain in his bankai unless this captain doesn't bother to run away. Losing to WW doesn't mean Kensei is weak, I would put my money on WW against hollow Tousen. And why don't we have hollow Tousen vs Kensei? Is it a fact that hollow Tousen is stronger than Kensei? I don't think so.
    Well, I'd say that Kurotsuchi Mayuri is the weakest captain, but hollow Kaname vs. Kensei certainly would not be a mismatch. Kensei is severely underestimated thanks to the whole Wonderweiss shenanigans, which is still a big mystery. Also, even though I don't agree that Kaname's bankai dome is as easily escape-able as you claim, it is kind unfair to pit Kensei against that at this point since Kensei's bankai is, for all intents and purposes, still unrevealed.

Hollow Kaname's skills shouldn't be any better than hollow Kensei's though, and the explosion coming Kensei's knife would make HSR irrelevant should Kaname get stabbed.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Tough decision. Can't say I'm a fan of either one of these guys, but I don't think the mask/no mask makes much of a difference in terms of how this fight would probably go.

Tousen's swordsmanship, speed etc have never really impressed me anyway, I think Kensei would be above him. Tousen's Bankai is his redeeming quality, thing is, can Kensei do anything in the dome? People are saying that Kensei can blow it up, but I've always thought Tousen's Bankai was similar to Byakuya's in the sense that it's practically another dimension that's created. I could be wrong, so I'll give Kensei the benefit of the doubt and say he'll just nuke the damn place.

Ahh, I'm probably just hatin' on Tousen....

Edit: According to the poll, everyone is
    Last edited by Takahashi; October 30, 2010 at 08:03 PM.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Tousen only got good coz of hollowfication

before his bankai was beaten by a brute of kenpachi who not smart but he conquered his bankai without braincells.

he just was never impressive in SS arc

now i think about it what where shinigami tousens feats

slice a unaware squad

use shikai to defeat a badly tired uryu

get owned by kenpachi and save by koma

thats it...his shinigami was weak he needed the hollow upgrade
    Last edited by Hystzen; October 31, 2010 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Depends. If Tousen uses Bankai immediately, Kensei would probably lose. But if they don't and start off the fight like most of them do normally, then probably Kensei. But does Kensei have the same reflexes as Kenpachi does to dodge when under bankai? Hmm...seeing as how hax Tousen's bankai is, I can't see how Kensei could do anything about it. Maybe if he was masked...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hystzen View Post
    Tousen only got good coz of hollowfication

before his bankai was beaten by a brute of kenpachi who not smart but he conquered his bankai without braincells.
    guys, I alreay made a reference to that
    Quote Quote:
    Tousen is in his right mind, and this means that in case he manages to get Kensei under his Bankai he won't start explaining the abilities of Suzumushi to the deaf and blind man!
    what you are bringing as an example was the stupidest plot device in the history of manga and anime that allowed a baboon like kenpachi to even stand a chance against Tousen, let's ignore it ok for a while, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    Well, I'd say that Kurotsuchi Mayuri is the weakest captain, but hollow Kaname vs. Kensei certainly would not be a mismatch. Kensei is severely underestimated thanks to the whole Wonderweiss shenanigans, which is still a big mystery. Also, even though I don't agree that Kaname's bankai dome is as easily escape-able as you claim, it is kind unfair to pit Kensei against that at this point since Kensei's bankai is, for all intents and purposes, still unrevealed.
    I agree with everything here except for the statement that kensei vs hollow Tousen would not be a mistmacth.I fully believe that hollow Tousen (even ressureccioned) would to be pulverized by Kensei, honestly the only reason I made this thread is just because Tousen's bankai provides him with a fairly good (and only, I might add) opportunity to kill kensei
    Last edited by AlB; October 31, 2010 at 04:34 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xsoteria's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

I always saw Tousen somewhere in the low tier captain level. The only thing that makes him dangerous is his bankai, which is really hax, but I really can't tell how much. In theory, he should be able to one shot a whole lot of people with it, even though he's inferior, but he either doesn't want to, can't or is really just an idiot. Either way, if they entered a straight up fight, I'm pretty certain Kensei would hand Tousen's ass to him (and even in a fight between Hollow Tousen and H Kensei, I'd go for Kensei, but that's for another thread).
    Brigands demand your money or your life; women require both.
    Better be nice to them

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

tousan imo. bankai is hax.

Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    For those that will come back and tell me "Well, do you have any logical explanation then as to how WW appeared and attacked Yamamoto." Really? Can't we use our imaginations here? Anything is a possibility, Kensei could have been an agent of Aizen all along and purposely allowed WW to escape. No, I'm not saying I believe that's what happened, it's just an example of how it's not set in stone that Kensei lost to WW.
    actually, there's nothing shamefull in getting defeated by WW, this is the guy who caught one of the leaders of ninja corps off-guard, one-shotted a captain without the latter being able to even follow his movements, shattered Hitsugaya's strongest bankai attack, took hollow mashiro's beating and still managed to strike back, took yamamoto's pummeling and showed that has greater regeneration rate than Ulquiorra. question is: who would survive against this guy?

so, yes, I believe he pwned Kensei. and no, this in no way indicates that kensei is some pushover.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast