Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 by cnet128 , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 5 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece / Last Episodes Discussion

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Sark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece ep 475 Discussion Thread

usually i dont watch the anime episodes. but this time i did. and i regret it

there is nothing in this episode that looked even half as good as in the manga.
    Boa looks ugly as shit and the few cool and surprising moments of that arc are spoiled by those lame fillers.

so this was definitely the last episode for me

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member 4StepsAhead's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece ep 475 Discussion Thread

Nice episode.....the fillers made sense.....so we get to finally see how MR 3 got where he was in the manga.

It was good...but man did I love the music near the end with WB....totally epic.

@happy gin: heh if you didn't like this episode (which is one of the better ones) then you would have really hated the episodes 4 weeks ago.
    OP Predictions for timeskip
    Coby and Smoker san form a team in the NW
    Coby will also look like total bad ass
    Blackbeard will not be Yonkou
    Zoro, Ussop, Sanji will learn haki
    Luffy will punch a world noble once again @ SA
    FI will be ruled by a level 6 ID escapee.
    Buggy will be a ShiChi.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cobra826's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece ep 476 Discussion Thread

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member NoLimit89's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

watched it (watchop.com is always first)

pretty bad ass episode.

Akainu's haki looks about the same strength as whitebeards - although whitebeard does have a gaping wound in his chest and wasn't able to kill Aokiji with that stab.

Can't wait for Luffy's haki burst, it's gonna still be in 2 more episodes though.
    Last edited by NoLimit89; November 20, 2010 at 10:10 PM.

My OP Predictions:
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Drago's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 476

Click here to Watch Online/Download --->http://www.narutosoul.com/forums/one...ode-476-a.html

Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

This episode wasn't as good as the last one but there were a few things l liked.

1. The new music....I totally love it.
    2. WB and Red dog clashing
    3. The showing of Garp's emotions when Luffy was getting beat and when he moved to stop Marco.....it shows he really was torn between the 2 sides in this war.....it's expressed alot better here than in the manga
    4. Sengokou not wanting Garp to fight because he know that it would be tough on him
    5. The pirate whom I thought was a woman with a gun is actually a man (well it's more of a surprise than me actually liking it)
    6. and As usual the last 3 mins of the anime
    Buggy will be a ShiChi.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

The episode was decent. Even though the director deserves to be flogged for that 3 minute filler with Ivankov and Jinbei. Couldn't he make it more retarded?
    It was decent even though the skirmish between Whitebeard and Aokiji was incredibly laggy and the only thing good about it was Jozu's tackle. Whitebeard took forewere to break out, and Aokiji took forever to create those spears to attack Whitebeard.

Luffy getting pwned was also prolonged. In manga he got hit repeatedly without having any time to recover. Was much more effective in my opinion.

Loved the Whitebeard okama part. Cool dude. Mihawk's bit was also awesome. I love those metal sounds in One Piece.

Anyway, these small filler with Shichi and others show us that the animation team is indeed capable of quality fillers, but I guess they lack resourses (or director creativity?) to make more of them.

I thought I'd get used to all the drag by now, but it doesn't sit well with me.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked the Ivankov filler at the beginning. It totally fits his character. And at least it shows how a devil fruit users survived the ice melting. When you think about it, it's quite strange that the devil fruit users of Whitebeard crew where able to get upon the black moby dick...
    Also, I prefer this type of fillers than dragging the action.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post

I thought I'd get used to all the drag by now, but it doesn't sit well with me.
    Yeah the lag is kinda annoying.........but 1 part they will really drag out is when Luffy releases the King's Haki....I expect 5 mins of eye boners from the fodder, and still shots of all the important people.

I wish the pace was a little faster 4 the fight scenes with some filler action but otherwise than that small complain.......it was a decent EP.

BTW anyone knows where u can get the new music from?? It sounds epic.
    Buggy will be a ShiChi.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fistsofrage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really just can't believe it. They made all the luffy scenes look like crap, they made iva look like an idiot, and then they made the whitebeard and akainu scenes look more badass than they were. What the hell are they playing at? I hate how they're manipulating the scenes like that, if i hadn't already read the manga I'd think one piece sucked.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fistsofrage View Post
    I really just can't believe it. They made all the luffy scenes look like crap, they made iva look like an idiot, and then they made the whitebeard and akainu scenes look more badass than they were. What the hell are they playing at? I hate how they're manipulating the scenes like that, if i hadn't already read the manga I'd think one piece sucked.
    Wow your critique don't make much sense to me bro unless ur being sarcastic, i might agree with ur first point but when does iva not look like an idiot?? if anything that was 110% within her character, and really?? you complain that the scene is more badass than what was shown in the manga?? wow first time i hear that. That's the whole point of having an anime dude!! to make scenes even better than what we saw in the manga.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Crocodile View Post
    Wow your critique don't make much sense to me bro unless ur being sarcastic, i might agree with ur first point but when does iva not look like an idiot?? if anything that was 110% within her character, and really?? you complain that the scene is more badass than what was shown in the manga?? wow first time i hear that. That's the whole point of having an anime dude!! to make scenes even better than what we saw in the manga.
    They make that akainu vs whitebeard scene badass yet they make the main character look lame as shit. I watch/read one piece to see/read about luffy being a G not to see him look like crap and bawl his eyes out. These animation bastards are focusing on the wrong stuff and way overplaying this emotional bullshit. This is pretty much the worst arc ever. Even seeing him use COC and save ace won't fix the damage caused from seeing the main character look so lame.

edit: I guess what i'm trying to say is that Oda is a god, and when other men try to improve his work they fail miserably. They should either stick with what he has or get some ideas from him directly.
    Last edited by fistsofrage; November 21, 2010 at 12:23 PM.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually you are wrong. Luffy is totally pwned in this chapter/episode and that's why what will happen in next episode will happen. Actually I think they did it pretty good, it was very fast in the manga and at least the dragging is a bit more explicit.
    And I agree with Mr. Crocodile, Iva was totally in his role and I loved when he made the 'you got me' gimmick himself.
    Last edited by k-dom; November 21, 2010 at 04:35 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Actually you are wrong. Luffy is totally pwned in this chapter/episode and that's why what will happen in next episode will happen. Actually I think they did it pretty good, it was very fast in the manga and at least the dragging is a bit more explicit.
    And I agree with Mr. Crocodile, Iva was totally in his role and I loved when he made the 'you got me' gimmick himself.
    Sorry to disagree with you but I completely hated it. I hate animes with shitty looking main characters, and that was definitely not the luffy i know and love from the manga. No matter what happened, or how bad the situation was, i've never seen luffy show the kind of emo crap they have him showing in the anime and it completely ruins my image of him so im going to ignore it before it ruins how i see the manga too.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you understand what is the purpose of this arc ? It's to show that Luffy is not strong enough. Reread chapter 567 it states 2 times that he his just talk. He spends most of the time half conscious. You may don't likebut that's what happened

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast