Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece / Last Episodes Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece / Last Episodes Discussion

I agree with Schabrak sometimes the bleach musci sucks imo, but they do make what is epic in the manga epic in the anime (for the most part). And while I might be willing to over look Zoro's one shot of Hordy (trust me it's hard to do, in fact never mind that screw that........Zoro should have one shot the bastard!!! If they wanted filler they should have had Hordy run his mouth about how Zoro is inferior and can't even breathe under water, all humans are scum blah blah blah and then they charge each other and Blam Zoro ONE SHOTs Hordy!!!!! with epic music and good animation!!! )

Also screw that filler with Hordy's friend getting captured that totally spoils the point of the manga!!! *sigh*

*sinks into deeper depression* I don't know I think the anime team isn't doing as good as it use to........I remember I had goose bumps when Luffy sent Croc flying through the walls with his Gomu Gomu storm, the music was epic (it was 1st time I ever heard that music and it was also the last) the animation was great.....the effects were spot on. *sigh* I miss episodes like that.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The episode was not that bad, even though it really ruined Zoro one-shotting Hodi. I really expected Zoro to end it in a quick way, but it seems like they want to prolongue the fighting in order to make the Arc in the anime longer, because anime is really quite close to the manga.

About Zoro's apearence... It's not different from the manga. He actually got more muscular and his neck also got quite thicker) And he also looks more badass like he is now

So it seems like in the next episode we are going to see Zoro finishing Hodi and also Luffy's skirmish against van der Dekken.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just annoyed at the animation team blatantly overextending scenes. Like Megalo puking Shirahoshi out. Felt like fucking hours and all we were watching was a fat shark squirming and sweating. FFS...

Also, everyone's heads got rounder. SH I mean. Don't really like Zoro with the round head and lighter hair and skin tone.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OtakuModeEngage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Please, I'm talking about animation 90% of the time, and scenario. And let's be honest here, have you watched Byakuya vs Koga fight ? Animation was top notch, and for a FILLER, it was good. Most of filler arcs in Bleach, although not brilliant in term of scenario, it is still not bad.

And who told you that filler should fit into the timeline/story or whatever... Do you know what the purpose of a filler is or not ? It is to for the anime to not catch manga, simple and easy. And yeah, I prefer having good fillers instead of butchering the story like this. Hody is already ruined now in the anime, the Zoro attack nearly ruined too... Next time what will they ruin huh ?

I'm only bringing Bleach anime because it is one the big three, there's a lot of better anime than these three with epic quality. But I'm sorry, when I see the treatment that Bleach receive both in animation and even fillerish things (I know that Kubo makes those fillers himself and he's quite implicated into the process of making the episodes), I'd like for One Piece too to have the same thing. For instance, instead of making Zoro fight Hody, they could've extended the time where Luffy was with Shirahoshi and Megalo, taking a tour in the island, Shirahoshi giving some fillerish infos about FI. But god damn it, they should not TOUCH epic moments nor make them shitty.

Sorry for this rant Uriel ><
    I did say that 'even if the plots of the fillers are good, they cannot fit into the bleach universe', so by no means am I saying the quality of fillers are bad, only that they don't work. And if Kubo makes the fillers, then by all means, the constancy with the established Bleach plot should be perfect. You stated that fillers are no more than a means for the manga to advance, but there have been plenty of animations that fit fillers into the story without disrupting the real plot, breaking rules, or having the characters preform uncharacteristic actions. Take for example the few fillers One Piece does have; they always fit between arcs that have open accessibility and are able to mesh without a hitch. The pirate games was a perfect example of that, albeit a pointless arc with a pitiable story, it took place while sailing between islands, which makes it completely possible. This same way, other One Piece arcs always happen to fill in the straw hats down time.

As for one shotting Hody and that bogus Hody filler, I believe we can both accent that they are no more than crap, however those are really only two of the very few mistakes the One Piece team makes, the rest far in between. From an overall perspective the One Piece team is making a great anime, and that is enough reason for them to continue. Furthermore, if it changed now, the art music and voices would all be affected, and that would be a big blow to the anime.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Their heads get rounder? You can't blame that on the animation team, that is the fault of the Mangaka who wanted to show the change in the pirates over the last two years. But regardless of what little changes they make, its hard to make Zoro not kick ass.

Its funny that you complain about overextending the Megalo scene, when others made a point to claim it should be extended even further rather than have the bogus Hody filler. It simply comes down to the fact that the anime is rapidly closing in on the Manga, and I hate to say it, but its because Oda takes breaks every other week.
    Last edited by OtakuModeEngage; February 21, 2012 at 06:43 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Two or three weeks more per year is not the reason for the closing in, but that there are only ca.18 pages x 5-7 panels to fill out 18 minutes of anime.

Don't really care about filler episodes/arcs, I just ignore them anyway as they aren't canon. I'm actually forgot the Icehunt arc before TB, can't even remember the Spy Island one. A hurray to filler-free 2 1/2 years of anime. It's rather a miracle how they could fill the episodes with stills and showing every character once without going crazy themself.^^

There's another problem with Zorro showing of a number of techniqes, it's taking away from this one the most.-_- Can't say much about the roundness of heads, seemed quiet normal to me.

edit: You might try the newest One Piece Podcast, up from 37:35 they start talking about episode 535/536 and have something to rant too.
    Last edited by Schabrak; February 21, 2012 at 08:40 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Right, I don't think anybody likes fillers, but if you're going to use them -and I understand at times you half to-, you may as well use them right. Manga has considerably less scenes than an anime, and doesn't quite make the anime's 30 minute run. Simply, a chapter is shorter than an episode, and for that reason you often see two or more chapters paired up in the same episode. But if you continue at that rate it won't be long before you catch up with the manga, especially if Oda takes a break every other week. Its at times like this that you throw in fillers. They can be slight adjustments as lengthening a battle by adding moves -which every battle anime does I might add- or they can be as great as fake arcs to fill up the time span. Personally I hate filler arcs because they are not part of One Piece and fail to move the plot. I'd much prefer tweaking of scenes to lengthen them, because as but for a few meager discrepancies, they stay true to the story.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, if you look closely into the panel that show Usopp diving to look for Zoro you can see Hody and Zoro share some clashes. It's also logical to assume they did since they had to free all of the Neptune army etc... So that fight sure was not a simple OHKO for Zoro. Oda just put a stress on an epic Zoro moment with a DON!

It wouldn't fit anyways... Zoro wants to buy time for the hostages not fight a battle for others.

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuModeEngage View Post
    Right, I don't think anybody likes fillers, but if you're going to use them -and I understand at times you half to-, you may as well use them right. Manga has considerably less scenes than an anime, and doesn't quite make the anime's 30 minute run. Simply, a chapter is shorter than an episode, and for that reason you often see two or more chapters paired up in the same episode. But if you continue at that rate it won't be long before you catch up with the manga, especially if Oda takes a break every other week. Its at times like this that you throw in fillers. They can be slight adjustments as lengthening a battle by adding moves -which every battle anime does I might add- or they can be as great as fake arcs to fill up the time span. Personally I hate filler arcs because they are not part of One Piece and fail to move the plot. I'd much prefer tweaking of scenes to lengthen them, because as but for a few meager discrepancies, they stay true to the story.
    IIRC, ATM it's about one chapter per episode storywise. And in Episode 536, Toei mixed chapters 617 and 618, about half of each, I believe. So, they won't catch up to the manga that soon. IMHO there should be a filler once they leave FMI and enter the New World - they probably are going to do a little arc around "Z" from the 11th movie.

And if it's an old move they add here and there... So be it. Far better as if they either made an attack come much earlier in the tv show as the manga or even invented an own one.

I agree with you on (most of the) filler arcs. Most of them are done pretty badly. What I hate most is, when they change the original story to make the filler work, like the Millennia Dragon/Apis filler or the one where Ace accompanied Luffy in Arabasta (even though I liked Ace from the beginning).
    Last edited by hoeru; February 22, 2012 at 12:17 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, someone please be my internet Vocabulary adviser and tell me what IIRC means. Its true that they are engaged in that scene, I wonder why none of us noticed it?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly, urbandictionary is your friend for every in the internet used word.

It could also be as shown and be one or two clashes before Zoro slashed Hody. Imo the anger stams more from the ending than the rest.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cobra826's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There's your one hit KO, it was a pretty Epic scene too. Sure they clashed, the what matters is that in the end, Zoro still took him out in one decisive strike. Haha, I loved the scenes between Sanji and Chopper, freak'n hilarious! lol

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mak123's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm tired of this 1 episode=1 chapter pace... Why can't they make fillers and then make a fast arc?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Keeper of Jericho's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mak123 View Post
    I'm tired of this 1 episode=1 chapter pace... Why can't they make fillers and then make a fast arc?
    Especially since they have all those cover-arc storylines they could animate. It would be canon filler! I definately wouldn't mind seeing the CP9 story animated.

Click the image and visit my place! Don't be shy!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

You could also ask why don't they make is seasonal or why don't they animate it better. The answer to why a company does what it does is MONEY.
    Why should they do a filler arc? Will they gain more viewers this way? Will they get more viewers for the cannon material? Will it be more viewers then they lose through filler? It is simple why they do 1 chapter=1Episode pacing. Because this way they get the most viewers and the most money.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of Jericho View Post
    Especially since they have all those cover-arc storylines they could animate. It would be canon filler! I definately wouldn't mind seeing the CP9 story animated.
    They actually answered once why they don't do cover stories. It is simple. There are no strawhats in them. People who mostly watch the anime and don't read the Manga think of them as filler and don't watch it. They did animate the Buggy one and the Coby and Hellmeppo one but the ratings were bad so they prefer to do filler with the strawhats instead to do canon where there are no strawhats in them.
    Last edited by Josl; February 26, 2012 at 07:58 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Great ep. Sanji's manly moment was just EPIC! Luffy "hammering" Decken was great... But they messed the Wadatsumi scene a bit, didn't they? Luffy punched the forehead instead of the tooth...

And I'm tired of people crying on this and other stuff unreasonably. Fillers are useless and unentertaining crap. Proven too many times already within the last tens of years in all Dragon Ball (Garlic..., GT!), One Piece, Naruto (When they didn't want to switch to Shippuden!!!!), Bleach(Because the Manga pacing is incredibly slow!) and Fairy Tail (where's no need since the manga was like five years ahead).

It's much better to insert minor scenes based on what the original author created to stretch canon material.

Quote Originally Posted by Josl View Post
    It is simple why they do 1 chapter=1Episode pacing. Because this way they get the most viewers and the most money.
    Plus, when it comes to One Piece: They don't have to ask Oda to create more and more characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Josl View Post
    They actually answered once why they don't do cover stories. It is simple. There are no strawhats in them. People who mostly watch the anime and don't read the Manga think of them as filler and don't watch it. They did animate the Buggy one and the Coby and Hellmeppo one but the ratings were bad so they prefer to do filler with the strawhats instead to do canon where there are no strawhats in them.
    Actually, the ratings themselves weren't that bad - they were in the average clearly. It is indeed a decision by both Toei and Fuji not to produce neither special eps nor the secret episode covers, maybe because they didn't understand that those characters may have a come back.
    Last edited by hoeru; February 27, 2012 at 10:19 AM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast