Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 62 of 87 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece / Last Episodes Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece / Last Episodes Discussion

Just keeps getting worse a.k.a Episode 566 Stream.

Cobra can take back over now, I was just in it for the finishing moves and I was pretty disappointed in them. But they did use the good animator for Luffy this episode, which is cool. My last edit: Why in the flying f**k did they not let this guy do the first Red Hawk?
    Last edited by eefrit; September 30, 2012 at 08:39 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

The inconsistency of this episode which result in Luffy seemingly going DOWN just plain sucks... Even though they tried to redo the Epicness from the Luffy/Lucci fight with the final Jet Gatling, Toei could and should have left that filler part completely out.

However, Brook's, Jinbe's and Zoro's finishing moves were like the best of the episode. And it could've been MUCH worse like having Tate ruining it again with his crappy drawings.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

How many chapter until this arc ends!??? Gosh, it's even worst in anime.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

IIRC, this was the chapter 647, the final chapter of volume 65. So it's still 6 chapters left.
    Last edited by hoeru; September 30, 2012 at 09:55 AM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone explain what's happening in this episode ?
    I watched it, I still don't understand

Luffy being slower than Hody... A second Red Hawk, Chopper freak voice, repetitive dialogues all over the place by fuckin Hody about him being granted power by heavens, and Luffy repeating that he'd protect FI and Shirahoshi...

And those water sharks nearly blocking Elephant Gun, the animation of Impact Wolf, and Sanji's and Zoro's attacks, and that fuckin Dosun shouting and spining like an idiot...

I swear, I hated this arc, but the anime made me hate it even more

(On another hand, I liked the animation of Brook's attack)
    Last edited by Zehahaha; October 01, 2012 at 12:37 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    However, Brook's, Jinbe's and Zoro's finishing moves were like the best of the episode.
    What about Franky's?

Quote Originally Posted by Duc :D View Post
    Dont like how they gave him a second " filler" red hawk attack, totally destroyed th epicness of the first one
    Don't worry. The epicness should be restored the next time Luffy uses it in the manga.
    Last edited by EddyBob15; September 30, 2012 at 04:16 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, this episode was disgusting. Luffy's filler fight here reminds me of the horrible, filler encounter Whitebeard had with Akainu before Ace was killed where they basically portrayed Akainu as being easily on par with Whitebeard. Whoever's writing this nonsense needs to go.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, the only filler battle Whitebeard had was with the Bazooka unit.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member damane08's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I stopped watching the anime a few months ago, finally caught up to it and I'm greeted by this piece of shit.
    What the hell was that? What a horrible episode!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I take it that alot of people didn't like the episode because of the way the final battle between Luffy and Hody was extended. Personally, I kind of wish Oda had done it that way in the manga, though without Luffy using a second Red Hawk. You have to admit though, having Hody and his men taken out all at once was a lot cooler than when Hody lost before them.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Actually, the only filler battle Whitebeard had was with the Bazooka unit.
    Hmm, I don't recall Whitebeard's first fight with Akainu in the manga, but perhaps I just forgot. Pretty sure it at least didn't happen the same way in the manga as in the anime, though.

I take it that alot of people didn't like the episode because of the way the final battle between Luffy and Hody was extended.
    I don't inherently mind them extending things if they want, so long as it's smart and tasteful (I thought the filler jet bazooka before Red Hawk last week was fine, for instance). I hate them totally skewing the dynamics of the encounter and making Hody way more of a match for Luffy than he ever was in the manga simply because they can't figure out a way to put more content into the episode without totally changing the events of the fights and their implications.

Oda's portrayal of Hody being consistently outclassed by Luffy had the purpose of highlighting just how transcendent he had become, and I thought it was effective at that. I understand that some might rather have just had a genuinely worthy opponent for Luffy (I don't really agree that this is always necessary so long as other means are used to generate tension and conflict, which there were). But Oda had his reason for writing it the way he did.

The anime has severely reduced the aforementioned highlight, but not just by making Hody able to compete with Luffy. Lazily portraying Hody as gaining so much more power from the pills like this than he did in the manga trivializes Luffy's growth over the past two years, as opposed to the glorification of his growth and what he was capable of that the FI arc was in part devoted to in the manga. It's inherently careless and tasteless. And just to rub salt in the wound, the fight sequence itself is incredibly cheesy (as was the episode in general for all the reasons Zehahaha listed, I thought). I mean, Hody being magically faster than Luffy in gear second on land from popping more steroids? Really? That's the level of laziness and apathy they're at with the writing of this stuff?

It's just really upsetting, as a fan invested in the fiction that enjoys seeing what the anime can add to it, to see what happened in the manga replaced with the immature nonsense of bad writers, to see it botched and mishandled when more talented people would have found better ways to extend things where needed.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JP_Russell View Post
    It's just really upsetting, as a fan invested in the fiction that enjoys seeing what the anime can add to it, to see what happened in the manga replaced with the immature nonsense of bad writers, to see it botched and mishandled when more talented people would have found better ways to extend things where needed.
    You mean like have Luffy give Hody a few more good hits before finishing him off while having Hody barely keep up?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean like have Luffy give Hody a few more good hits before finishing him off while having Hody barely keep up?
    Not necessarily. That would be better than this, but really, there's no rule that they had to extend this scene at all. I'd much rather them leave it more or less unchanged. The more dramatic moments like these need to be as faithful to their depiction in the manga as possible, in my opinion. Add bits and pieces to some of the more low-impact scenes throughout the anime where it makes sense to, instead.

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

What about Franky's?
    The manga version outrules the manga scene by far. Therefore I won't count it as "best moment" of the episode.

I take it that alot of people didn't like the episode because of the way the final battle between Luffy and Hody was extended. Personally, I kind of wish Oda had done it that way in the manga, though without Luffy using a second Red Hawk. You have to admit though, having Hody and his men taken out all at once was a lot cooler than when Hody lost before them.
    In the manga, Luffy simply evaded Hody's Murasame and knocked him with the Elephant Gun. Which was like a perfect combination of Kenbunshoku/CoO and Gear 3 Busoshoku Koka/CoA hardening. In the anime, Luffy didn't use Kenbunshoku at all but only brute force.

No sir, the manga is much better.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

In the manga, Luffy's supremacy was unquestioned by the reader, in this freakin episode, especially the speed part, it was as if Hody temporarily surpassed Luffy by a margin, which is ridiculous

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 62 of 87 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast