Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: One Pace

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

One Pace

Hello,

has anyone watched the Fanproject of One Piece? It´s called "One Pace".

Here is a better explanation:
    Quote Quote:
    One Pace is the paced version of One Piece, packed together to match the manga more accurately. It involves cutting the episodes, merging them together, to create the best experience for the viewers, who hate Toei’s awful pacing.
    At the moment, they are working on the Whitebeard War Saga, which contains the Arcs from Thriller Bark Arc to Post-War Arc (although they have started with the Post-Enies Lobby Arc). And they are now in the middle(??) of TB Arc now.

They are also working on the New World Episodes, which started from Return to Sabaody Arc and currently working on Punk Hazard Arc. Since, they are now up-to date and still waiting for new OP Episodes to merging them, they are working on the older Saga´s/Arc´s.

Here is the Homepage of the Project: http://theonepace.wordpress.com/
    Episodes of Whitebeard War: http://theonepace.wordpress.com/whit...war-downloads/
    Episodes of New World: http://theonepace.wordpress.com/downloads-2/
    Lets Go Rangers!

United by Pride, Driven by Passion, Bound by Loyalty!

I AM A RANGER!!

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Pace

Interesting, I always considered one of OP's weaknesses to be the pacing.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey love the project

I hope they got more attention and love from One Piece fans.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Sigh, the problem of posting in this sub anime forum, is that no one really bother reading this thread.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

can a mod sticky this thread please

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The latest Episode of New World-Series:

http://theonepace.wordpress.com/2013...ld-episode-40/
    Lets Go Rangers!

I AM A RANGER!!

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TemplateR View Post
    The latest Episode of New World-Series:

http://theonepace.wordpress.com/2013...ld-episode-40/
    >___________________<

So many episodes for me to catch up especially I don't watch One Piece anime outside of the condensed episodes. Last year or so, I only watch the WhiteBeard War arc because of Dahaka from Arlong Park. Man, I am catching up on the Fishmen Island arc right now. I actually enjoy it so much more than I thought I do.

I really hope the group has more support to finished the whole Whitebeard saga and start on CP9 saga. It is awesome that the group started on Thriller Bark.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weixiaobao View Post
    >___________________<

So many episodes for me to catch up especially I don't watch One Piece anime outside of the condensed episodes. Last year or so, I only watch the WhiteBeard War arc because of Dahaka from Arlong Park. Man, I am catching up on the Fishmen Island arc right now. I actually enjoy it so much more than I thought I do.

I really hope the group has more support to finished the whole Whitebeard saga and start on CP9 saga. It is awesome that the group started on Thriller Bark.
    I have stopped to watch the Orginal Series of "One Piece" with the Episode 405. But I wanted to watch it before the War it started.
    Anyway, after I read, that the previous Arcs has fillers and stupid pacing, I completly dropped "One Piece" Anime.

Now, I´m only watch the paced-Version of "One Piece" and I loved it. No more Fillers and no more streching the story.
    Lets Go Rangers!

I AM A RANGER!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have stopped to watch the Orginal Series of "One Piece" with the Episode 405. But I wanted to watch it before the War it started.
    Anyway, after I read, that the previous Arcs has fillers and stupid pacing, I completly dropped "One Piece" Anime.

Now, I´m only watch the paced-Version of "One Piece" and I loved it. No more Fillers and no more streching the story.
    Hmm, there is some problem with the One Pace version when the fighting started. Although, there were a lot of fillers, but it does show people get from point A to point B. Because of the condensing, the transition isn't as smooth. But I totally referred this than the unedited.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, there is some problem with the One Pace version when the fighting started. Although, there were a lot of fillers, but it does show people get from point A to point B. Because of the condensing, the transition isn't as smooth. But I totally referred this than the unedited.
    Yes, there are some editing-failures and some issues with transition. Nobody is perfect, but I also prefer this then the Orginial-version

Whitebeard War Saga Episode 14 is out
    Last edited by TemplateR; October 03, 2013 at 08:39 AM.
    Lets Go Rangers!

I AM A RANGER!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sewil's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I'm the editor of one pace, first off I just wanna say cool thread. Really awesome and appreciated that you create a thread like this and spreading the word about our project.

Secondly, I would really appreciate it if you could point out these editing/transition-failures, as both me and Galaxy must have failed to notice them. I'm actively trying to improve in editing, and feedback is always appreciated. If you would compare the early episodes to the recent episodes there's a clear difference in both length and quality all thanks to me learning more and more the more I edit. I've also gotten help with music from a guy named Halee who provides the songs for me which also makes editing faster.

13. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

@Sewil: Could you post an overview, which episodes covered manga-chapters and orginal-episodes? I mean a chart on you website.
    Lets Go Rangers!

I AM A RANGER!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sewil View Post
    If you would compare the early episodes to the recent episodes there's a clear difference in both length and quality all thanks to me learning more and more the more I edit. I've also gotten help with music from a guy named Halee who provides the songs for me which also makes editing faster.
    I am stalling on watching because of school. But I don't think you can avoid some of those mistakes depend on the nature of the episode. For an example if the show lengthen a chase scene, if you cut part of that, the transition will not be smooth as in how did this guy teleport overhere. But if you leave that in, it will drag.

But ya, your edit work flawlessly on talking scenes.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

@Sewil: Could you post an overview, which episodes covered manga-chapters and orginal-episodes? I mean a chart on you website.
    We used to have an overview chart made in excel but decided it was redundant and took time, we stopped updating it at NW 36, download here if you wanna check it out: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n1p59ta7kw...%20Layout.xlsx
    I am stalling on watching because of school. But I don't think you can avoid some of those mistakes depend on the nature of the episode. For an example if the show lengthen a chase scene, if you cut part of that, the transition will not be smooth as in how did this guy teleport overhere. But if you leave that in, it will drag.

But ya, your edit work flawlessly on talking scenes.
    That's what I'm trying to work more on, less "how-did-that-guy-get-there" and more "wait, was that a cut?". I've figured it's not only soundtracks that matter in a transition, it's also context, so sometimes it's better to let things run for context's sake than cut it for pacing's sake.

For example, it can be as much as a head leaning to the right in one take and leaning to the left in another, if you notice it, it will be ruined for you, so it's worth the extra 2 seconds to make him lean that head towards the other side for the sake of a smooth transition. Some extra seconds for a better experience.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sewil View Post
    We used to have an overview chart made in excel but decided it was redundant and took time, we stopped updating it at NW 36, download here if you wanna check it out: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n1p59ta7kw...%20Layout.xlsx
    I know, but it´s also better to put an updated Chart on your website for people, who doesn´t watch in forums like here^^
    Lets Go Rangers!

I AM A RANGER!!

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I know, but it´s also better to put an updated Chart on your website for people, who doesn´t watch in forums like here^^
    Yeah I thought of that at first, but never found a proper solution. In that case I'd have to do it in HTML tables, but since not PHP nor JavaScript work for wordpress I'd have to do it all manually which would be a pain, but I'll look into it some more, maybe I'll find a solution.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Watching the Whitebeard war saga right now Sigh kinda sad because I will probably gonna catch up soon T____T

Hope you guys will have enough motivation and support to finish you project and start the CP9 saga sometimes in the far future.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast