Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 3D2Y Special: Luffy's Training ^.^

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece 3D2Y Special: Luffy's Training ^.^

So pretty much I thought it'd be a good idea that we talked about everything that happened in the latest One Piece special . I was very surprised nobody brought it up really so here it goes:

- From fights

- New characters

- Comedy

- Older enemies

- Unknowns

- Dislikes

- The new animation

- And of course Luffy

Let the fun BEGIN !!!
    To LIVE is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there. - Kofi Annan

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Stiltzkin's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D2Y Special: Luffy's Training ^.^

I haven't see it, so I don't really know what it is about (tho I think its about Luffy's 2 years of training) - I'm not following anime version
    it is stated tv special but is it anime or separated from anime episode? or a movie?
    I'm kupo for Kupo Nuts, kupo!

Next Straw Hat Pirate crew will be Jinbe & Kuzan!
    "the former enemy/ villain/ boss character = new nakama"

Spoiler: ―Straw Hat Pirate― Luffy + 10 nakama show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't find any video, could you put a link in your post please, I'm getting very interested !

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lomahongva's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's meet up in the New World! Oh, ok, but I'm the one who's gonna find One Piece! Hi hi hi!

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I also have this link: http://kissanime.com/Anime/One-Piece...Speed?id=79900

It's probably the best version up . Awesome website .
    To LIVE is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there. - Kofi Annan

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Good call on making a thread.

In terms of Haki use, did anybody else notice the Cipher Pol agent who looked awesomely detailed in terms facial features, managed to combine Finger Pistol with Haki to defeat Byrrndi World?
    I don't think we've seen that in the series before until then.

More importantly, in the manga the strongest Cipher Pol unit in Paradise which was CP9 weren't even able to use Haki.
    And we know at least CP5-9 were in Paradise.

So the Cipher Pol officers who snuck on to World's ship were obviously from a CP unit that can use Haki which means possibly CP0?

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Keeper of Jericho's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I felt Hancock got kind of wasted in this special. Her 'fight' with that ugly old lady was just... shameful. Do we finally have a powerful female fighter who's strength is respected by even Sengoku, her first one-on-one fight in the series is shameless fanservice. So dissapointing.

But that aside, it was interesting to get a glimpse of what happened during the two year timeskip.

Click the image and visit my place! Don't be shy!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

There's720p version on torrent. Movie is great. I could say that this movie is best so far.

Lot of action. All big names are there.

Great movie.

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Good call on making a thread.

In terms of Haki use, did anybody else notice the Cipher Pol agent who looked awesomely detailed in terms facial features, managed to combine Finger Pistol with Haki to defeat Byrrndi World?
    I don't think we've seen that in the series before until then.

More importantly, in the manga the strongest Cipher Pol unit in Paradise which was CP9 weren't even able to use Haki.
    And we know at least CP5-9 were in Paradise.

So the Cipher Pol officers who snuck on to World's ship were obviously from a CP unit that can use Haki which means possibly CP0?
    Good find . I really didn't pay attention to the CP0 agents . Haki and Takki ? That could be the ultimate form CP0 combat . Can we agree that CP0 members are either Rob Lucci level or above ? Also I hope like Cp9 were that the characters in CP0 are also Original . Not just government lackeys I'm suits like the man who attacked World .

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of Jericho View Post
    Personally, I felt Hancock got kind of wasted in this special. Her 'fight' with that ugly old lady was just... shameful. Do we finally have a powerful female fighter who's strength is respected by even Sengoku, her first one-on-one fight in the series is shameless fanservice. So dissapointing.

But that aside, it was interesting to get a glimpse of what happened during the two year timeskip.
    Well I actually enjoyed the fan service . It's a special Oda is allowed to show off Hancock figure a little bit .

Even without the fan service she had a pretty good fight, we seen her use ability slightly different then the anime .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerous's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing and I believe world had a really cool fruit too so it was a 10/10 for me.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamarTheDem View Post
    Good find . I really didn't pay attention to the CP0 agents . Haki and Takki ? That could be the ultimate form CP0 combat . Can we agree that CP0 members are either Rob Lucci level or above ? Also I hope like Cp9 were that the characters in CP0 are also Original . Not just government lackeys I'm suits like the man who attacked World .
    That's what I wanted to highlight. The Cipher Pol member that finger stabbed World had to be stronger than Lucci since he could use Haki. And if he wasn't CP0 then it can only mean that Cipher Pol has plenty of officers stronger than Lucci which is great for the story.
    As for CP0, from the moment one of them was shown to be a member of the Long Leg tribe, we can be certain Oda is pulling out all the stops and making CP0 a unit filled with genuine original characters.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ProGoddess's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't watch the movie yet but has a little glimpse at the beginning first few minutes in which it has a recap of Law and Luffy's childhood and their dreams.

I think I'll watch it tomorrow or weekends since it is like almost 1 hr 50 mins show. But I must say it looks great. Hmmm... perhaps the discussion here will give me an "insight" of what the story is like. hahaha!

~~~~++~~~~Do You Love Me?~~~~++~~~~

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It was decent enough, long as hell.

Dislikes:

I disliked how they treated Boa. She was kinda ineffective in everything she did. She mowed through fodder and the cube guy, but when she fought the fishman she had trouble. Like, shouldn't she have been able to sense where he was through haki? Seems like she barely used it. Also, I didn't like her fight with the old lady. Not because of the fanservice, but because she just stood around instead of going toe to toe with the old woman. Just because her ranged fruit abilities didn't work, doesn't mean she couldn't have kicked into her ass like she does with everyone else.

I don't like that being the origin of Red Hawk. If it was so in the moment, why the hell does Luffy already have a name for it?

Why didn't World kidnap Luffy as well as Boa's sisters? She showed more concern for him than them. That would've been the move World.

If World attacked several World Nobles, why would the Government send out Shichibukai instead of the Admirals? At first I assumed it was because they were rebuilding, but then Akainu went ahead and left to confront World...wat? Why were you sitting on your ass before then? What were you waiting for Akainu. I guess he switched from Absolute Justice to Lazy Justice.

Deus Ex Mihawk. Self explanatory.

And Perona. Why the hell was she even there? I highly doubt Mihawk would want her on his solo trip.

Rayleigh just chillin' on the damn island with all this going on. The hell man? Don't you think you should help out?

I enjoyed the story for what it was. I am personally considering it non-canon for various reasons, but the story was nice, especially the character of World. He had some pretty good depth and I enjoyed his relationship with his crew. He was totally scarred when they left him and couldn't get over it. They definitely cared for him though. His brother was also a very good character. I liked their back story. The rest of the crew were kinda generic in terms of design, but their characterization was pretty cool.

Animation and fights were very good. High quality.

Fan service was mighty nice. The people that animated the females definitely had certain assets in priority.

All in all, it was a good watch.

22. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ProGoddess View Post
    I haven't watch the movie yet but has a little glimpse at the beginning first few minutes in which it has a recap of Law and Luffy's childhood and their dreams.

I think I'll watch it tomorrow or weekends since it is like almost 1 hr 50 mins show. But I must say it looks great. Hmmm... perhaps the discussion here will give me an "insight" of what the story is like. hahaha!
    Trust me it's worth the watch . ^.^

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    It was decent enough, long as hell.

Dislikes:

I disliked how they treated Boa. She was kinda ineffective in everything she did. She mowed through fodder and the cube guy, but when she fought the fishman she had trouble. Like, shouldn't she have been able to sense where he was through haki? Seems like she barely used it. Also, I didn't like her fight with the old lady. Not because of the fanservice, but because she just stood around instead of going toe to toe with the old woman. Just because her ranged fruit abilities didn't work, doesn't mean she couldn't have kicked into her ass like she does with everyone else.

I don't like that being the origin of Red Hawk. If it was so in the moment, why the hell does Luffy already have a name for it?

Why didn't World kidnap Luffy as well as Boa's sisters? She showed more concern for him than them. That would've been the move World.

If World attacked several World Nobles, why would the Government send out Shichibukai instead of the Admirals? At first I assumed it was because they were rebuilding, but then Akainu went ahead and left to confront World...wat? Why were you sitting on your ass before then? What were you waiting for Akainu. I guess he switched from Absolute Justice to Lazy Justice.

Deus Ex Mihawk. Self explanatory.

And Perona. Why the hell was she even there? I highly doubt Mihawk would want her on his solo trip.

Rayleigh just chillin' on the damn island with all this going on. The hell man? Don't you think you should help out?

I enjoyed the story for what it was. I am personally considering it non-canon for various reasons, but the story was nice, especially the character of World. He had some pretty good depth and I enjoyed his relationship with his crew. He was totally scarred when they left him and couldn't get over it. They definitely cared for him though. His brother was also a very good character. I liked their back story. The rest of the crew were kinda generic in terms of design, but their characterization was pretty cool.

Animation and fights were very good. High quality.

Fan service was mighty nice. The people that animated the females definitely had certain assets in priority.

All in all, it was a good watch.
    Well in Hancock defense , she did fight the blind merman using physical attack . I think Oda wanted to showcase her physical strength and her Devil Fruit ability separate so to speak .

Yeah I didn't like him having a new before using it either , especially afterward he said "Ace Flare," like he noticed that afterwards but had a new for it before hand ? It's was great animation although .

Another thing I didn't agree with . But I think World left Luffy so he could tell Boa about his her sister got kidnapped .

Hawkeyes and Perona was just extra needless characters tbh . But Perona floats so she could follow him no matter what .

Rayleigh I guess would be too powerful . He would single handle destroy World and his crew . Also Rayleigh took everything that happened as training for Luffy in the long run .

I love World myself but I don't like his crew . Why betray your captain ? Is that love to built a ship instead of trying the impossible and breaking in a impel Down ? Also all them pirates are elderly why can't they use Haki ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamarTheDem View Post
    Well in Hancock defense , she did fight the blind merman using physical attack . I think Oda wanted to showcase her physical strength and her Devil Fruit ability separate so to speak .

I love World myself but I don't like his crew . Why betray your captain ? Is that love to built a ship instead of trying the impossible and breaking in a impel Down ? Also all them pirates are elderly why can't they use Haki ?
    Yeah she did, but I still would've liked her to use Observation Haki. That's what Luffy was having trouble with and it would've been cool to see him observe Boa do it. They didn't really show the power difference between him and Boa during that fight. Boa should've been gliding through that fishman so Luffy could still see he's a bit out of his league. It should've been Boa that saved Luffy, not vice versa. She is a known master of Haki, so it would logical to portray her using it.

The "betrayal" as it were, was understandable in my opinion. World's brother was the cautious and logical one. We could see it in the flashback that he weighed the options and went with the one that benefited everyone, which was to flee. It wasn't fair to World, true, but it was the call he made to protect the crew. Besides, it was quite obvious that World was the only one in the crew that actually had any type of power. Everyone else was far from his strength. If they stayed they would've been fighting a losing battle. Breaking into Impel Down is a no go. Luffy is the only one to have done that and most likely will remain the only one. BoJack most likely wouldn't even consider that course of action seeing how cautious he is. Besides, why risk the freedom they cherished so much on a suicide run? They obviously believed that their Captain would return as they continued building the ship. I don't know about the Haki. Kinda strange that they didn't know it.

25. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast