Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 88 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece / Last Episodes Discussion

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kaiser Will's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece One Piece / Last Episodes Discussion

When discussing the episode, please respect those that don't want to be spoiled and put all future Manga events into spoiler tags.
    All forum rules will be strictly enforced.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Uriel; December 18, 2011 at 12:45 PM.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece ep 473 Discussion Thread

I saw the episode live ... at least partially through KeyHole TV. And what saw was... F*CKING EPIC!!! I don't use these words often but - aside from minor things like added scenes and some minor drawing flaws - Whitebeard action was simply epic...

BTW, afair it's only Episode 473 not 493...
    Last edited by deffkryz; October 30, 2010 at 09:18 PM.
    no longer participating forums...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed an impressive episode. The animation was top notch really. Not many animation mistakes and art errors. Really enjoyed the episode.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cobra826's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece ep 493 Discussion Thread

6. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner stranger227's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Its been a long time since any episode produced so many epic scenes.
    This is one of those rare episodes where it outscores the epicness of manga chapter.

UNMATCHED ENDURANCE,UNRIVALED PRINCIPLES.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The episode is numbered 473, by the way.

Just as others have said, this episode was impressive. The animation was great and the episode really got to the point. To prevent the Whitebeard Pirates from enclosing on to Ace, the Marines have set up protective steel walls (thereby slowing down their momentum).

Whitebeard completely dominated John Giant in the battle with two attacks (one to throw the giant off balance and the second to finish him off). He does not need to move as much in a battle because Whitebeard's style is completely overwhelming his opponent. Regardless of the size of the enemy, regardless of the injury caused by Squard and even his old age, Whitebeard still caused a lot of damage.

Not only this, but Whitebeard was able to level large buildings deep within Marineford and even part the sea multiple ways. Whitebeard's Gura Gura no Mi definitely deserves the title as "strongest Paramecia fruit." I can only imagine the extent of Whitebeard's destruction had he fought in his prime.

My only complaint of the episode: The pacing was a bit too slow for my tastes (there was some filler inserted in this episode, of course). We've spent a great deal of recap with Squard and at least two minutes of him crying pitifully over his errors in judgment.
    Last edited by DARK; October 31, 2010 at 08:12 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Drago's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 473 is out on NarutoSoul

Click here to Watch / Download --->http://www.narutosoul.com/forums/one...ode-473-a.html

Direct Link to Online Stream --->http://veevr.com/videos/jYdxWCW6f

Direct Link to Download Links --->http://www.narutosoul.com/downloads/series/168.html

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kulugo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i thought i missed out on 20 episodes!

already downloading, based from the comments it looks like a great chapter.. w00t!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

A great episode. Loved seeing how they did the sea tilting and the whole John giant scene...

That and the way the anime portrayed the shockwave and the admirals blocking it was top notch IMO..
    My only (Small) gripe... it took damn long for the meteors to fall..

But overall a good episode.

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SuperShuter's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Very epic scenes, I liked how they did the john earthquake but it kind of took the whole meaning of the fight away as it was too make john loose his balance then attack. Wheras he just ended up attacking him when he was back on his feet. I think this episode has made me come to a conclusion about the anime lately.

I think they are underspending on most episodes and using the time and budget to just animate key moments from the manga. I know the content has really affected this war, but things like open battle fields have taking the atmosphere away and I would rather they balanced their budget out and just made the entire episodes average all the way out like they used to without all the flashyness.

Another problem I have got with this arc is actually Oda beleive it or not. Why are all the New World pirates so gay? There supposed to be the most notorious and badass, why are they all running around all cheeful and chanting in high pitch voices and proclaiming their love for everyone. I know its one piece but this arc should have been a bit more hardcore.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

It was totally great. Really last episodes are way better than the majority of others during the war.
    WB was damn great! The sea trembling and raping John Giant... it was marvelous.
    Also it was great to see Admirals blocking shockwave when protecting the scaffold.

Quote Quote:
    Another problem I have got with this arc is actually Oda beleive it or not. Why are all the New World pirates so gay? There supposed to be the most notorious and badass, why are they all running around all cheeful and chanting in high pitch voices and proclaiming their love for everyone. I know its one piece but this arc should have been a bit more hardcore.
    I think it was mainly because all the WB pirates and all the crews that were associated with them were pictured to be like a family, so of course they are caring towards each other. It's rather logical in a family.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Gyaaaah. With all this hype from all you usually-quite-picky anime viewers, this episode is bound to be great. I'm totally gonna watch it now.
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member LeDuck's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibra87 View Post
    Gyaaaah. With all this hype from all you usually-quite-picky anime viewers, this episode is bound to be great. I'm totally gonna watch it now.
    Yeah, you're right, there's way too much positive going on here, let's be honest, shall we?^^

You could say it was good for One Piece standards, but that's not really
    worth a statement, because their standards went below the ground a long time ago. The battlefield still looks like it's Whitebeard + a few gay pirates against 20 filler Marines, the pace is still very, very slow, half of the episode is standing characters or shocked faces, it's like watching the early episodes of Naruto Shippuuden with a lot worse animation.

Saving budget for key animations? This is what Bleach is doing, I never understood why One Piece went for the 1 Chapter / 1 Episode solution instead of fillers, so they can make decent episodes when it matters. Bleach is actually a good example, even at this point they use up to 3 chapters for one episode and it's much more fun to watch than this slideshow.

If you're a dedicated One Piece fan, you might hold onto the illusion that this is "good animation", but this is far away from the truth

I guess this was picky enough^^

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner UCHIHA JOHN's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeDuck View Post
    Yeah, you're right, there's way too much positive going on here, let's be honest, shall we?^^

You could say it was good for One Piece standards, but that's not really
    worth a statement, because their standards went below the ground a long time ago. The battlefield still looks like it's Whitebeard + a few gay pirates against 20 filler Marines, the pace is still very, very slow, half of the episode is standing characters or shocked faces, it's like watching the early episodes of Naruto Shippuuden with a lot worse animation.

Saving budget for key animations? This is what Bleach is doing, I never understood why One Piece went for the 1 Chapter / 1 Episode solution instead of fillers, so they can make decent episodes when it matters. Bleach is actually a good example, even at this point they use up to 3 chapters for one episode and it's much more fun to watch than this slideshow.

If you're a dedicated One Piece fan, you might hold onto the illusion that this is "good animation", but this is far away from the truth

I guess this was picky enough^^
    You actually say this isn't good animation i mean seriously the scene where whitebeard turns everything upside down it was movie quality.The latest bleach episodes are some of the worst i have seen bleach had good animation before some time but now the quality is really low i use to watch bleach and have fun but now they are doing them to damn simple and lazy i think you want to see quantity over quality.And i am relly picky with animation usually but i can't say nothing about this episode exept some minor stuff that doesn't really matter i put this episode 9/10.
    Last edited by UCHIHA JOHN; October 31, 2010 at 06:48 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kulugo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

pretty good episode, but i was expecting more after reading the comments.

still WB tilting the sea was awesome, 3 admirals with their hands forward was cool, they kinda look like wanting to dance macarena though. overall i would give this episode 8/10..

and about the change in format, i think this is better, 1 thread for 1 episode.

New Reply
Page 1 of 88 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast