Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece / Last Episodes Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece ep 474 Discussion Thread

We get epic animation for fodder characters being incinerated by magma fists and blasted by cannon balls. In terms of plot progression, it was a 15-minute struggle for the Whitebeard Pirates and Luffy to gain back some momentum. Oars Jr. played a crucial role in providing a way out for most of the pirates. Jinbei narrowly helped Luffy escape near death (again) and threw him up to the pillar.

To sum things up: Pirates getting shot at. Whitebeard's ship gets set on fire. Luffy falls into the sea, gets saved by Jinbei, and climbs up to the Admiral's pillar. Meh.

The animation budget must be extremely high for One Piece to provide great artwork for an episode that barely budged plot-wise or even action-wise.

The anime helped try to clear out some of the inconsistencies that were in the manga chapter and therefore some filler was used. Watching 10 minutes of pirates dying and ships being incinerated into pieces helped intensify the desperation of Whitebeard's crew during the war.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fistsofrage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't know about the rest of you but luffy's confrontation with the 3 admirals looked like crap to me. He looked like a freaking ragdoll. They made him look crazy and not even half as cool as he was in the manga. And akainu's head looked small and retarded in that scene. Actually, I think I've hated all the extra luffy stuff they put into the war cuz they make him look like a weak emo pussy and they draw him terribly. They always make him look less of a man and more like a weak kid.

edit: They took Capone Gang Bege's lines on Whitebeard being a legend and gave them to Law...
    Last edited by fistsofrage; November 07, 2010 at 11:12 AM.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved everything minus Luffy's design (only oda can draw that guy perfectly, Inoe does a good job, tough), and Akainu.
    The rest was brilliant, loved how they show how weak Luffy his, and the water, oh the water, what a great scene, if Luffy didn't look that ugly and Akainu hadn't a Face smaller than his neck I'd give it a 10/10.
    Preview looks really Inoue like, AKA good.
    Last edited by beastboy; November 07, 2010 at 05:12 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beastboy View Post
    I loved everything minus Luffy's design (only oda can draw that guy perfectly, Inoe does a good job, tough), and Akainu.
    The rest was brilliant, loved how they show how weak Luffy his, and the water, oh the water, what a great scene, if Luffy didn't look that ugly and Akainu hadn't a Face smaller than his neck I'd give it a 10/10.
    Preview looks really Inoue like, AKA good.
    Luffy's not weak... he hasn't slept in forever, almost died more than a dozen times, been to hell and back, and is running on tension hormones w/ no meat. Not to mention the fact that he can't hit logia, so yeah no wonder he looks like shit.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SuperShuter's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

The luffy bit was my favourite moment in the manga, gave me goosebumps. They animated it perfect so i'm happy. Luffy looked narley.

@fistsofrage some of us must have picked up a different interpretation of the war. As to me luffy did look like a mad dog on his last lifes in this scene of the manga. This was a last desperation, all out attack from him and if you read the manga you know what happens next.

It just shown again how outragerous and ballsy luffy is, and how are you arguing that he isn't a weak kid here? I know peak form where he isn't being distracted by ace he would excel more but that has nothing to do with this scene.

Ill give 9.5/10 for one piece standards because cmon, realisticly were only going to give a 10 for an episode with 3 chapters of content animated perfectly which aint gona happen. damn though again this episode shows how F*ckin epic this arc could have been if the anmation was consistant and they had more content.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperShuter View Post
    The luffy bit was my favourite moment in the manga, gave me goosebumps. They animated it perfect so i'm happy. Luffy looked narley.

@fistsofrage some of us must have picked up a different interpretation of the war. As to me luffy did look like a mad dog on his last lifes in this scene of the manga. This was a last desperation, all out attack from him and if you read the manga you know what happens next.

It just shown again how outragerous and ballsy luffy is, and how are you arguing that he isn't a weak kid here? I know peak form where he isn't being distracted by ace he would excel more but that has nothing to do with this scene.

Ill give 9.5/10 for one piece standards because cmon, realisticly were only going to give a 10 for an episode with 3 chapters of content animated perfectly which aint gona happen. damn though again this episode shows how F*ckin epic this arc could have been if the anmation was consistant and they had more content.
    It is against everything in me to ever call luffy a weakling so you'll have to forgive me. After watching all the trials he's overcome, I risk my manliness if i call him weak because I consider him a real man. It's like blasphemy to me. That's probably why I hate it when they make him look like a snot nosed kid because it's kind of insulting to everyone he's defeated.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SuperShuter's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I agree, It's hard to seeing him getting kicked around so much and I kind of wanted him to pull out a random power up during the past few arcs and get a wtfpwned moment on a admiral. I actually think what luffy went through to get his current strength (manga) was unecessary and Oda could have sort of adjusted some things and luffy could have easily been close to that level in this battle. You know what I mean? because what he shown up untill marineford he could have been much stronger aswell as haki.

- If anyone thinks i'm being a bit too loose with spoilings just say and ill wrap it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Drago's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I have uploaded 720p Stream which has preview of next episode
    I already update the thread though but if you are lazy to check it
    here is the direct link to it -->http://veevr.com/videos/h0XF3pGHC
    The next episode gonna be action packed

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member 4StepsAhead's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I don't mind Luffy "looking weak" after all, he is in a battle field and most of the opponents are stronger than him....especially the admirals. It's just build up to show that he needs to get way stronger than he is now. Neways good episode overall.....
    OP Predictions for timeskip
    Coby and Smoker san form a team in the NW
    Coby will also look like total bad ass
    Blackbeard will not be Yonkou
    Zoro, Ussop, Sanji will learn haki
    Luffy will punch a world noble once again @ SA
    FI will be ruled by a level 6 ID escapee.
    Buggy will be a ShiChi.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

The episode was fine for me. Could be better, but it also could be worse, like that episode where Mihawk was trying to kill Luffy, so I won't complain.

Damn, I forgot that the anime staff can make ok fillers. Sometimes. I like the part with Whitebeard getting emotional looking at his ship sink. It was his Going Merry after all.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4StepsAhead View Post
    Well I don't mind Luffy "looking weak" after all, he is in a battle field and most of the opponents are stronger than him....especially the admirals. It's just build up to show that he needs to get way stronger than he is now. Neways good episode overall.....
    Luffy's not weak he just has strong enemies

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member $nipe's Avatar
    Country
    El Salvador
    Post Thanks / Like

The distortion used on Luffy's face for that angry moment against the admirals reminded me so much of that Naruto vs. Pain episode that everyone hated. Funny that the One Piece fans completely adored it and all.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by $nipe View Post
    The distortion used on Luffy's face for that angry moment against the admirals reminded me so much of that Naruto vs. Pain episode that everyone hated. Funny that the One Piece fans completely adored it and all.
    Yeah, those 2 are hardly comparable. Like the difference between a bottle of wine and some amphetamines mixed with trip.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I completely hated how he faced the admirals. This was one of the many times when the animation sucks compared to the imagination. All the extra stuff they added just made him look like a wimp, their attempt to add emotion totally failed.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the reason it was awesome in manga is the fact that it all happened so fast. It's dynamic and shit. Of course, they have to stretch the scene as far as they can so they don't come too near current manga chapters. Fuck that.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

New Reply
Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast