Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 66 of 85 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece / Last Episodes Discussion

Mangahelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece / Last Episodes Discussion

I'm with hoeru on this one. This arc was in no way epic or legendary like last one but it was by no mean horrendous. Especially the beginning with Luffy showing how dominating he is, since let's be honest this arc is just an intro to the new Straw hats.

Of course if every episode had the pace of 2 chapters instead of one it'll be better but that'll mean either 2 years fillers like Naruto or a break like bleach and I'd rather avoid that. All in all I am still looking forward to OP every week and that's all that matters.
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the arc was good in it's own way, the ending of it with all of the new things we learned seems like a good preparation for the New World. The set up is top class. Chaos, madness, big names involved. Oda always does that he goes from big to small in a second! It had a nice story, maybe not as good as some others, maybe not as exciting or interesting, but it had all of the OPcey details.

Nice episode all in all, I loved the dreams at the end of it, I was waiting for that moment to be animated, as it truly is a OP moment for history!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It undoubtful was better read in as a tankobon IMO, anime was to stretched at times, "slow", too many filler. But I will scorn Oda for forgetting and leaving out the dojo! Damn him for that after teasing it like that for years. I'm pretty sure he did that to give Jinbe and his Sun Crew some attention and show off near the end of the saga with Big Mam, but that stung. :P

Luffy's Fire Hawk and Elephant Gattling were nice, the attention to drugs may be too excesive with the current arc in mind. Pekoms appearance at the end as well as the whole Poseidon revelation were good as well, but can't hide over the fact that there was much chasing and seperation again, as well as the whole Hordy's drive "nothing" story.. He handled it better in the current arc too.
    Firm but Fair

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member junjun2's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

In a book about films which Toei released last Saturday, Oda talks that he was feeling something is different about sakuga(drawing) of One piece anime.
    He says that the sakuga directors are very good about animation ofcourse but they create their own world into the anime a bit too much. Those are different form Oda's drawings. Oda had a feeling of discomfort about that. But Sato-san who hadn't ever worked as a One Piece animator can draw perfectly as Oda wants, that's why Oda chose him as the sakuga direcor for Strong World and film Z.

EVERYTHING he talks I got agree. Regular one piece anime is very different from original One piece.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that we are officially leaving fishman island for good (unless of course Funi gets dubbing rights to that arc or we get a OP kai) I suppose I can give a brief thoughts on the arc in general...I know I'll regret this later

Spoiler show
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cobra826's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by japjapjunjun View Post
    In a book about films which Toei released last Saturday, Oda talks that he was feeling something is different about sakuga(drawing) of One piece anime.
    He says that the sakuga directors are very good about animation ofcourse but they create their own world into the anime a bit too much. Those are different form Oda's drawings. Oda had a feeling of discomfort about that. But Sato-san who hadn't ever worked as a One Piece animator can draw perfectly as Oda wants, that's why Oda chose him as the sakuga direcor for Strong World and film Z.

EVERYTHING he talks I got agree. Regular one piece anime is very different from original One piece.
    I've noticed that for a long time now. I feel like the anime represented the manga more appropriately in terms of drawing, pacing, characterization, and sense of humor up until about the end of the Enies Lobby arc or so. Then, Thriller Bark started, and bam, the entire style and direction of the anime in almost all respects felt like it had changed drastically at the drop of a hat, almost as if a new studio had taken it up entirely. It's been increasingly more like that ever since, and it wasn't long before we started getting more watered down episodes and junk filler that used to not even exist in One Piece. That's not to say it's all bad now - some fantastic scenes have been depicted since Thriller Bark - but it just feels more consistently out of touch with the manga to me than it once was.

Interesting to hear Oda also feels they've been taking too many liberties with things. He can't have been too pleased with the way they depicted Hody's fight with Luffy, then.
    Last edited by JP_Russell; November 25, 2012 at 04:45 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JP_Russell View Post
    I feel like the anime represented the manga more appropriately in terms of drawing, pacing, characterization, and sense of humor up until about the end of the Enies Lobby arc or so.
    No. Enies Lobby had actually quite as many filler scenes as Fishman's Island arc to extend the fights - Luffy vs. Blueno and Luffy vs. Lucci for example were massively stretched and filled with misnamed and anime-only attacks.

The most appropriate arcs were Whiskey Peak, Drum and Skypiea iirc as Arabasta had the stupid Ace fillers, as it messed with the plot order - and Ace and Vivi never ever talked to each other in the manga BTW. So it was a bullcrap filler after all.
    Last edited by hoeru; November 25, 2012 at 06:06 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

The Ace fillers weren't half bad tho, in fact, OP's fillers aren't that bad compared with Naruto or early Bleach fillers (Bount arc, Bakuto arc were horrible, Zanpakuto/Mod Soul arcs were really great)

Stretching will be always present, that much cannot be avoided, but animators should make " good stretching ", one of the latest examples I have in mind is in Bleach, in episode 362, between Ichigo's first GT and Ichigo's second GT, that was good stretching for example. But I think what badly ruined FI arc, were the vilains, they're the worst piece of shit I've ever seen, a pathetic joke. Imagine if Oda opted for example, for Fishmen who are masters of Fishman Karate (Imagine there's different styles of Fishman Karate), with some nice designs and badass attitude and that they'd use ES only as a last resort, that would've changed many things :

1- Nice vilains, who got some skills, and not just heavily relying on drugs
    2- We'd have seen Fishman Karate dojo

There's also the whole " nothing " thing with Hody which was plain retarded and crappy as hell...

As for the anime, well I didn't watch all the episodes of this arc, but here's what I hated :

1- Not making Zoro's pwning Hody scene well, they ruined it
    2- Making Hody nearly faster than Luffy on Noah... That was just wtfffffff
    3- Honestly, the OST... I didn't feel any excitation, usually OP's fighting themes are really good, but I didn't listen to any theme that is worth it
    4- The final attacks of the SH's (except Brook) weren't really animated well

As for what I liked :

1- Luffy pwning Hody at the very beginning when they were in the plaza, that was great
    2- Brook's technique, that was well done

Overall, it's a 6/10 arc (animation)
    Last edited by Zehahaha; November 25, 2012 at 06:31 PM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it looks like we might be in for some filler arcs again as the Straw Hats are going to encounter a fleet of Navy ships. And before that, we're going to have this Z filler.

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Well, it looks like we might be in for some filler arcs again as the Straw Hats are going to encounter a fleet of Navy ships. And before that, we're going to have this Z filler.
    There's only going to be the Z movie introduction starting next week, as previewed by the teaser for the next episode which shows two major characters from the movie. If you read spoilers about the Movie's plot, you'd know who.

Maybe there's another TorikoXOnePiece crossover in January, but no filler arc is about to start within the next six weeks iirc.
    Last edited by hoeru; November 28, 2012 at 08:17 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cobra826's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There were some scenes I thought stood out during this Arc. Luffy's first attack on Hody was pretty well animated. Most things Luffy did were animated fairly well. I was disappointed in the other SH's attacks. Especially Zoro's Tatsumaki and Dragon attack.

I didn't think an author would be so bold as to question or make such a statement about the studio that does his anime. I hope he mentions Luffy's Gear 2nd mistakes. I'm not sure if Luffy has gone into a full Gear Second in the manga.

I didn't really notice until recently but as some of you have said I also realize the difference in the animation. It's more...cartoony, if that makes any sense. While the action is still superb I feel like it is missing a certain grittiness.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the Mini Mini idea. I think it was discussed here even! The same concept, I mean. I can't recall when or what thread, though >_>

Anyway, good episode.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, a Mini Mini no Mi user being a giant was already used in a video game iirc one of the earlier ones... But the new character definitely looks way better.

The Episode had quite a lot of fan service and was pretty nice although the fish was suddenly gone without anyone noticing!

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 66 of 85 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast