Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis 38 Discussion/Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis 38 Discussion/Predictions

According to the spoilers that Sai posted:
    Tachibana and Chitose lose.Their rivals have Synchro
    Fuji challenges Tezuka for a match and loses
    Next month,Atobe's match
    So Proud to be Spanish:
    World and Europe Champion of Football.Real Madrid Best Team Ever,has 10 Champions League
    Rafael Nadal, tennis player with the Golden Slam( 4 Grand Slam and Gold Olympic Medal)
    Europe Champion and Olympic Subchampion of Basketball,Pau Gasol Champion of the NBA '09,'10

F.Alonso, World Champion in '05 and '06, #1 of Ferrari
    Jorge Lorenzo, Alberto Contador, Adam Raga...
    ¡Viva España!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis 38 Spoilers and Discussions

Yeah, so if these spoilers turn out to be true (which seems somewhat likely)...

Quote Originally Posted by javimgol View Post
    According to the spoilers that Sai posted:
    Tachibana and Chitose lose.Their rivals have Synchro
    Looks like the auras aren't anything special anymore.

Fuji challenges Tezuka for a match and loses
    This is something I'd like to see, but I fear neither this match nor Doubles 1 will have much screen-time which is kinda disappointing.

Next month,Atobe's match
    Hopefully we'll get more than 1 chapter again... as for Singles 1 itself, I'd still be a bit disappointed if Irie loses, he was hyped quite a bit after all...

Anyway Jav, maybe you wanna change the title to Spoilers/Discussion/Predictions? Would look more like the previous threads anyway.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Rising Moon's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like Fuji requited Tezuka doing some weird things in their match, may be binding his eyes or something X_X

Two Wings lost...... well, I just cant imagine that ;_____; both of them are really strong ;___;

Awww, the raw~ I wanna read it right now~~ *cries*

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Chiyuuka's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont really mind if two wings lose...
    but that whole tezuka tenimuhou thing is kinda messed up...
    and now more people have synchro?
    but i guess they're in high school.
    BUT id rather see fuji win tezuka but thats impossible so...

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    British Virgin Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

Atobe is on the Color Spread The High schoolers win with Synchro Tezuka beats Fuji and Fuji decides he needs to ba stronger Atobe enters the court with a hyoutei chant but ends by saying that "The Winner will the 5th Court"

http://hotfile.com/dl/80825158/e905161/38.rar.html
    http://depositfiles.com/files/vmd1wh1rh

http://manga-upload.cz.cc/SHIN_PRINCE_OF_TENNIS/38/1
    Last edited by rajin; November 07, 2010 at 02:39 AM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rajin View Post
    Atobe is on the Color Spread The High schoolers win with Synchro Tezuka beats Fuji and Fuji decides he needs to ba stronger Atobe enters the court with a hyoutei chant but ends by saying that "The Winner will the 5th Court"
    Adding to that, Chitose and Tachibana are said to have archived a Wild Beast like Synchro, which wasn't shown though.

Complete Translation can be found here.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MihaiLica's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

And were is the raw chapter

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Rising Moon's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Whee~, the raw! Thank you Rajin <3

Aww, Fuji cried ;___;

Honestly, the reason why I love Fuji and Atobe more than other players that is because they both have their own style, not Synchro thing, I mean =-= yet they're still very strong and their moves are beautiful. Synchro somehow is just too overpowered, that make things less interesting :"|

Next ~ Atobe vs Irie X"D tough match, hopefully Konomi sensei wont make it short. First, 2 chappie per month, and now we only have one, just what is he doing ah?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Moon View Post
    Honestly, the reason why I love Fuji and Atobe more than other players that is because they both have their own style, not Synchro thing, I mean =-= yet they're still very strong and their moves are beautiful. Synchro somehow is just too overpowered, that make things less interesting :"|
    Synchro isn't really overpowered. All it does is basically cutting the opponents' reaction time to 0 because of the simultanous swing, and it allows the players to communicate without exchanging signs.

Don't get me wrong here, Synchro is by no means bad, but it gets way too hyped at times. For example Tezuka has all the tools to beat it (even before he archieved TnK).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MihaiLica's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

what is TnK.....tezuka has ...tekuza zoooooooooooooneeeee ..no need for teammate )...and shiraishi has ...THE BIBLE OF TENNIS...HE IS MARVELOUS :X + GOLDY HAND
    I'm not mean..you're stupid!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

TnK is short for Ten'imuhou no Kiwami (Pinnacle of Perfection).
    That being said, Tezuka also has TPhantom, Saiki, Hyakuren, then there's Atobe with Koori no Sekai or Sanada with Rai... I could probably list a few more but my main point was that Synchro isn't as strong as it's often said to be.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    TnK is short for Ten'imuhou no Kiwami (Pinnacle of Perfection).
    That being said, Tezuka also has TPhantom, Saiki, Hyakuren, then there's Atobe with Koori no Sekai or Sanada with Rai... I could probably list a few more but my main point was that Synchro isn't as strong as it's often said to be.
    We don't know that. We have never seen a match of a Syncho Pair VS Tezuka+Shiraishi, for example. In fact, we have never seen a real match of Tezuka, Atobe and Sanada in Doubles.
    And IMAO Shirashi+Kirihara (Devil Bible?) pair won't be able to fight even VS Jackal and Bunta

King Siesta...my eyes are bleeding. I can't believe why japanese authors (Kubo and now Konomi) don't speak with an Spanish when they use our language
    Last edited by javimgol; November 08, 2010 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    So Proud to be Spanish:
    World and Europe Champion of Football.Real Madrid Best Team Ever,has 10 Champions League
    Rafael Nadal, tennis player with the Golden Slam( 4 Grand Slam and Gold Olympic Medal)
    Europe Champion and Olympic Subchampion of Basketball,Pau Gasol Champion of the NBA '09,'10

¡Viva España!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't know that. We have never seen a match of a Syncho Pair VS Tezuka+Shiraishi, for example. In fact, we have never seen a real match of Tezuka, Atobe and Sanada in Doubles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Golden Pair: Let's discover the infinite posibilities of Doubles!
    Sanada: ?
    Tezuka: Hmm...-Tezuka Zone-
    Golden Pair: -o_o-
    Sanada: -Stands in front of Tezuka, Spams Rai, no aftereffects-
    Game and Match! Tezuka, Sanada pair!

The end.
    Sorry, I just read it again...

but in all seriousness, even though Tezuka/??? never played GP, judging by the techniques' descriptions, we can conclude what works and what doesn't rather well.
    Synchro allows the pair to play in a perfect combination, which allows them to swing simultaniously, leaving the opponents guessing who will hit, effictively cutting their reaction time. For Tezuka though, this is not an issue at all because of Zone and Phantom. He doesn't need to know who will hit it, when he knows where the ball is going anyway, right?

And IMAO Shirashi+Kirihara (Devil Bible?) pair won't be able to fight even VS Jackal and Bunta
    Jyten and I agreed on calling them Heaven Pair (HP for short), so I'll refer to them as that.

That being said, why wouldn't they go even with CP (if not beat them)?
    Sure, their combination is a bit worse, but still pretty good nevertheless, on top of that Shiraishi is way stronger than Marui and Jackal on an individual basis.
    For once, HP should win at least Shiraishi's service games, when Miyako and Matusdaira have trouble with his serve, I doubt Marui or Jackal could even touch it. HP is an offensive pair in the end, and they have the tools to beat Jackal's defense. Really, the only problem I can see is Myougi.

Don't misunderstand me, cooperation is really important in doubles (a good example would be GP vs Akazawa/Kandea, first half), and it definately allows them to beat players they wouldn't beat in singles. At some point though, the difference in skill is just too big (e.g. Tezuka vs GP).

To get back to the original point I responded to, synchro isn't really overpowered, at least when compared to other stuff like KnS, TPhantom, Rai etc., it doesn't win matches on it's own, the players need other abilities to back it up.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    Sorry, I just read it again...

but in all seriousness, even though Tezuka/??? never played GP, judging by the techniques' descriptions, we can conclude what works and what doesn't rather well.
    Synchro allows the pair to play in a perfect combination, which allows them to swing simultaniously, leaving the opponents guessing who will hit, effictively cutting their reaction time. For Tezuka though, this is not an issue at all because of Zone and Phantom. He doesn't need to know who will hit it, when he knows where the ball is going anyway, right?

Jyten and I agreed on calling them Heaven Pair (HP for short), so I'll refer to them as that.

That being said, why wouldn't they go even with CP (if not beat them)?
    Sure, their combination is a bit worse, but still pretty good nevertheless, on top of that Shiraishi is way stronger than Marui and Jackal on an individual basis.
    For once, HP should win at least Shiraishi's service games, when Miyako and Matusdaira have trouble with his serve, I doubt Marui or Jackal could even touch it. HP is an offensive pair in the end, and they have the tools to beat Jackal's defense. Really, the only problem I can see is Myougi.

Don't misunderstand me, cooperation is really important in doubles (a good example would be GP vs Akazawa/Kandea, first half), and it definately allows them to beat players they wouldn't beat in singles. At some point though, the difference in skill is just too big (e.g. Tezuka vs GP).

To get back to the original point I responded to, synchro isn't really overpowered, at least when compared to other stuff like KnS, TPhantom, Rai etc., it doesn't win matches on it's own, the players need other abilities to back it up.
    This is going maybe too offtopic
    Synchro does:
    1) It destroys your reaction time, "freezes" you, like a weird mix of Koori no Sekai and Yips, not as strong, of course. Jackal, the Iron Wall and his super defense, couldn't stop Synchro.
    2) With that weird telepathy, they can cover the whole court, something absolutely important if you have played tennis. There is no way that a ball couldn't be catched by them. Again, I would compare it with a weird Tezuka Zone

But Synchro doesn't give you more power, speed or spin.
    For me, beating Synchro is quite easy. You just have to be able to send the Synchro pair a shot too strong or too fast for them.
    For example, even the improved Synchro of the Finals, IMAO, couldn't return Neo Scud Serve. And of course, there is no way Golden Pair could beat a great Hadokyyu, Rai, Kintaroh's shots...

But if you don't hit that shot, the rivals won't be able to return the Synchro pair shots, because they won't be able to react. Tezuka may be able to make the ball return always to him, but if he is "yipped" by the Synchro pair, it doesn't matter.
    So Proud to be Spanish:

¡Viva España!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Rather, covering the whole court comes from the communication going on between the two players. I don't think "yipped" is a good way of putting it, since it's almost impossible for any Syncro Pair to break Tezuka Zone anyway. Tezuka could rally for years and end it with a Zero Shiki whenever he wants.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast