Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis 38 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis 38 Spoilers and Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by javimgol View Post
    This is going maybe too offtopic
    Synchro does:
    1) It destroys your reaction time, "freezes" you, like a weird mix of Koori no Sekai and Yips, not as strong, of course. Jackal, the Iron Wall and his super defense, couldn't stop Synchro.
    2) With that weird telepathy, they can cover the whole court, something absolutely important if you have played tennis. There is no way that a ball couldn't be catched by them. Again, I would compare it with a weird Tezuka Zone
    This is a 17 pages chapter with next to none dialogue, there was a pair that used Synchro in that chapter too (apparently two, even though one wasn't shown), so I'd say this is totally on topic (you made the thread though, so it's more or less your call).

1) Synchro is nothing like Koori no Sekai, the synchronized players don't target the opponent's blind spots, they don't even see them. It cuts down the reaction time, nothing more. Imagine a training like this:
    there are two people on the other half of the court and every ten seconds or so, they both swing simultaniously and one of them hits a ball at any angle. You basically have to guess who will hit it, and depending on whether you were right or wrong, it's a easier or harder to get to the ball in time. That's all Synchro does offensively.

2) That is correct for the most part, except it's not like TZone, but through communication (basically what Bowser said). Of course there are some balls that cannot be hit only because of Synchro, stuff like Rai or Yamato's Gen'U Yume Utsutsu (probably). But you said as much in the next part.

But Synchro doesn't give you more power, speed or spin.
    For me, beating Synchro is quite easy. You just have to be able to send the Synchro pair a shot too strong or too fast for them.
    For example, even the improved Synchro of the Finals, IMAO, couldn't return Neo Scud Serve. And of course, there is no way Golden Pair could beat a great Hadokyyu, Rai, Kintaroh's shots...
    There is another way to get a point against a Synchro pair... you have to force them into making mistakes, e.g. TPhantom. Apart from that, there are potentially more techniques that could allow the opponents to score, Chitose's Kamikakushi or Tachibana's Abare Dama come to my mind, it really depends on the level of the players that use synchro.

But if you don't hit that shot, the rivals won't be able to return the Synchro pair shots, because they won't be able to react. Tezuka may be able to make the ball return always to him, but if he is "yipped" by the Synchro pair, it doesn't matter.
    As Bowser already explained, the opponent doesn't get yipped because of Synchro. Yukimura creates Yips through the illusion of returning every single shot, regardless of the power, course, or spin the ball has. That is obviously not the case for synchro as we just determined.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jyten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis 38 Spoilers and Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Rather, covering the whole court comes from the communication going on between the two players. I don't think "yipped" is a good way of putting it, since it's almost impossible for any Syncro Pair to break Tezuka Zone anyway. Tezuka could rally for years and end it with a Zero Shiki whenever he wants.
    I pretty much agree with everything Bowser said. Only chance GP would have of breaking TZone is maybe playing really weird so it's tougher for Tezuka to predict what type of spin he should put on the ball. But again I don't see them having any chance of winning.

Now being a bit more speculative, syncro could allow them to play closer to their limits. As they don't have to worry about coordination. Also, since their coordination is apparently perfect or close to it. The should have better positioning. By having better positioning they could hit better shots and they should save more stamina. It's a really cool tech but again GP are simply far less broken players than Tezuka/Sanada/Atobe.
    Dang, starting to get too old for manga and anime....

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MihaiLica's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis 38 Discussion/Predictions

Anyone knows when chapter 39 will appear ?
    I'm not mean..you're stupid!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MihaiLica View Post
    Anyone knows when chapter 39 will appear ?
    Chapter 39 will be released December 4, so in 8 days.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MihaiLica's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Omg so laaaaaaaaaate ( I want faster :X....i cant wait to draw another scene form the next chapter
    This is the scene i drew (this is not mine...it's a page..but i made "a copy" without the free space...it's just Kippei
    Last edited by MihaiLica; November 29, 2010 at 08:35 AM.
    I'm not mean..you're stupid!

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2