Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gaara Runs the Gauntlet

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto Gaara Runs the Gauntlet

This thread is similar to other gauntlets <and it was only natural for me to put Gaara in such gauntlet xd>

Rules similar to most of the other gauntlets:
    - each fight is a different event, and in each fight Gaara is 100% <as well as each opponent of course>;
    - Gaara's the current one, so minus Shukaku transformations;
    - little, if any, info on each other abilities <like, if the characters fought each other or along side, they should know some of the stuff etc.>
    - "present day" fighters <so what they have shown in the manga till now>
    - fighters start in normal "state" <so if someone like Naruto/Jiraiya has SM, s/he needs to enter into such mode in the battle>

Plz consider 2 scenarios <I want to see how it will turn out> considereing place of battle:
    1. Place where Gaara fought Kimimaro, with some trees around some nice greeny ground
    2. Desert, JUST desert <without such plot devices as Gaara going to protect the village>

btw. list considers also fights which were theoretically shown in the manga, BUT we do know that such battles are almost always dictated by plot stuff, and here: not xd

Round 01: Gaara vs Killer A
    Round 02: Gaara vs Killer B
    Round 03: Gaara vs Itachi
    Round 04: Gaara vs Sasuke
    Round 05: Gaara vs Nagato <6 Paths of Pain>
    Round 06: Gaara vs Kisame
    Round 07: Gaara vs Deidara
    Round 08: Gaara vs Sasori
    Round 09: Gaara vs Kakuzu
    Round 10: Gaara vs Konan
    Round 11: Gaara vs Tobi
    Round 12: Gaara vs Hidan
    Round 13: Gaara vs Jiraiya
    Round 14: Gaara vs Orochimaru
    Round 15: Gaara vs Tsunade
    Round 16: Gaara vs Naruto
    Round 17: Gaara vs Neji
    Round 18: Gaara vs Kakashi
    Round 19: Gaara vs Gai <Guy>
    Round 20: Gaara vs Kimimaro
    Round 21: Gaara vs Sound 4 <so without Kimimaro>
    Round 22: Gaara vs Hiruzen
    Round 23: Gaara vs Minato
    Round 24: Gaara vs Danzou
    Round 25: Gaara vs Dosu

So in which fights <remember also of both scenarios, so while saying whether Gaara wins or not plz consider 2 battlefields> Gaara's defeated and in which Gaara's the winner? xD
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gaara Runs the Gauntlet

The Raikage Wins Both Scenarios Here... Because if a chidori can penetrate Gaara's defenses, I'm pretty sure his Raiton Armor Can...

Killer Bee wins in the forest... Gaara curb stomps on his own turf...

I have no idea how Genjutsu would effect Gaara, I have long awaited to see him hit by Tsukiyomi... I'm pretty sure he could tank Ameratsu but... Itachi's Susanno'o is invincible until he dies of illness...

Itachi wins in the forest almost instantly... He wins in the dessert as well but afterward he'd be doomed to impending blindness, so Gaara dies with a big "Fuck You, Uchiha Itachi!!"

Ameratsu cannot defeat Gaara IMO... Sasuke's Susanno'o is not invincible espicially when it comes to Fuuton, which Gaara has in spades... I honestly see Sasuke relying on Chidori most of this fight to break defense...

Which by all means is sort of retarded since Fuuton should Stop Raiton, but His Fuuton based sand abilities are treated more like Doton...

In the forest... I'll give it to Sasuke --- In the Desert... I'll give it to Gaara

Negato wins this one... I see no kind of opening for Gaara to even attack the Deva Path

In the forest... Kisame wins... --- In the Desert, after an excruciating battle Gaara would come out on top, but be 1 inch away from death...

Gaara wins if he doesn't have to protect his village... Both Scenarios... Because he was only using his sand until he had to protect the village in the first place...

But I love Deidara-Senpai!!!

It comes down to whether or not he can defeat the 3rd Kazekage... But then again I don't see how Sasori is gonna get through Gaara's absolute defense...

Sasori wins in the forest... Gaara wins in the Dessert... But it would be an awesome event to witness

Gaara wins both scenarios

I don't see Konan damaging Gaara even slightly, I don't really see Gaara damaging her either... But if I had to choose between the two

Gaara wins both scenarios

Tobi has proved to be a fuggin evil beast...

I don't see Gaara winning this one... Mainly because of Izanagi, Lack of Knowledge of his weak point...

He isn't going to get any blood from Gaara... Hidan will be Massacred throughout the entire battle...

Gaara wins this one effortlessly... All he has to do is knock his scythe away and crush his face, lol

Jiraiya wins both scenarios, I just don't see him losing... sorry for being biased

Same as Jiraiya... Sorry...

While I say Tsunade wins both scenario's on this one, it isn't for the same reason as Orochimaru and Jiraiya... I don't think his absolute defense is a match for her absolute offense...

Even in the dessert, even though it will be more difficult, she has the highest caliber of chakra control of any shinobi we know... she could probably stay on top of the dessert in the same way other shinobi stand on water and walk up trees... No matter how much the ground moves under her, she isn't going off balance...

Tsunade breaks Gaara, and then rapes his neck... (Okay maybe not that harsh)

The 1-Tail vs. The 9-Tails...

I give it Naruto... I don't expect him to lose to Gaara...

Neji in the forest, Gaara in the Dessert

Kakashi in the forest, Gaara in the Dessert

Gai in the forest, Gai in the dessert (but I don't think Gai can defeat Kakashi)

A rematch... Kimimaro in the forest... Gaara in the Desert

Gaara in the forest, Gaara in the Desert

Hiruzen wins both scenarios

Minato wins both scenarios

Danzo in the forest, Gaara in the desert

EPIC WIN BY GAARA... In this scenario you are talking about this guy with a stat total of 16 right

===============================================

Tallying Up The Scores... 18 Wins 32 Losses...
    Last edited by RezzieThaRapper; November 01, 2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Bolded the fights for easier reading
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In Scenario 1, I'm giving it to Raikage. Gaara can make more sand by taking time to grind up minerals beneath him, but the last thing he wants to do agaist the Raikage is sit still for any length of time. Raikage will plow through Gaara's sand like paper (Kimimaro did it, and he didn't even have an elemental advantage). Gaara blocked Raikage's kick, yes. But it was just a leg drop. It wasn't him running full speed.

In the second scenario Gaara still needs to mix his sand to get a significant enough amount for crushing force (all it took was gourd sand for Lee, but Lee didn't have a chakra shroud or Raiton Armor) but I guess I'll give to Gaara, since he pulled pretty much a mountain out of nowhere to protect his village. That should give enough blunt force to crush Raikage...meh, who am I kidding. That's like trying to crush a fly with a house. It'll never work. Not to mention Raikage has the chakra to outlast Gaara so flying around throwing sand is a waste.

I'm giving second scenario to Raikage aswell.

Killer bee takes both scenarios for the same reasons as Raikage quite simply. Too fast for Gaara to mount an offensive, chakra to outlast him, and strength to plow right through his attacks the way CS2 Kimimaro did. Basically, give Kimimaro chakra canons and greater speed and you've got Killerbee.

Itachi rapes in both scenarios. Gaara has no way to escape his Genjutsu (until we find evidence that he can endure Genjutsu), and all his sand around him simply makes a larger target for the Totsuka sword. He makes a sand shield, and Itachi stabs through to hit him, endgame. Now, if he chose to fly around to avoid the Totsuka, that's different. He could try to overwhelm hm with sand while flying around... though, Amaterasy will immobilize him long enough to swat him out of the sky. If not flat out burn the sand underneath him to send him into a free fall.

Sasuke rapes, though not quite as easily as Itachi. Or actually, he very well could. He actually has the speed to blitz him like he did long ago, and he has a hawk to chase him on. Gaara isn't blocking a Susanoo arrow without making a wall far thicker than the one he used to block Kimimaro's bone drill. And as he flies around, thinking he wore Sasuke down when he missed that Gouryukka he shot at him from the ground, he gets a Kirin dropped right on his head.

In the second scenario...I think it depends on Sasuke's ability to continue flying. Gaara has to get Sasuke on he ground first and for most. Then? Then he's gotta slow him down so he can actually get his sand to touch him. But there's no way he can tell whether he's attacking the real Sasuke, or a cactus. Or a boulder. Or a lizard. Genjutsu can win this for Sasuke by luring him into diverting his attention in the wrong direction before hitting him with a Chidori up close. Or Chidori Eisou. Or Amaterasu.

Nagato ends things with a Chou Shinra Tensei right off the bat if he wants to. For both scenarios.

Kisame is at a disadvantage as far as elemental affinities go (I'm still going with sand=earth), however, Gaara's at a disadvantage in everything else. Stamina, taijutsu, speed. If both ninja launched jutsu at eachother, Kisame would swallow the chakra up from the sand about to hit him, making the sand fall harmlessly about him. Unless it had picked up consideral speed before hand. Then there's his Shark Bullet or whatever it's called. Firing it at Gaara's sand should take away Gaara's control of the sand and cause Gaara to get crushed by a giant mud shark, lol.

Ofcourse, if he gets Samehada away from him then he wins both scenarios. But the fact that he can just fuse with Samehada to avoid that means that's unlikely. I'll give Kisame scenario 1, and Gaara scenario 2.

Deidara wins both scenarios decisively. The only reason Gaara lasted aslong as he did is because Deidara had strict orders not to kill Gaara. They needed him back alive inorder to extract Shukaku. Meaning he couldn't use C4. Unfortunately for Gaara, this match is to the death, meaning no sticking with non-lethal bombs. He either C4's him to death or nukes him with continuous C2 or 3.

I wanted to give Gaara both scenarios...but then I realized Sasori has acces to his 100 puppet jutsu. Most of whom have chakra weapons or poison tipped weapons. I'll give Sasori scenario 1 thanks to Satetsu acting as a more powerful form of Gaara's own sand on top of the 100 other puppets. I'll give Gaara the second scenario thanks to more sand to do with as he pleases.

Kakuzu is fairly immobile when all of his monsters are partially connected to him. But with them out, he can outnumber Gaara and plow through his sand with massive jutsu. I'm sure Gian can burst through his defense as it's Raiton. Still, Gaara can fly... I think I'm giving him both scenarios based on that alone.

Konan's overrated. But I think this is actually a good match if she stays on the defensive. She could turn to paper and waft away in the wind every time Gaara attempt to grab her with sand. She can make paper bunshin aswell, slipping paper bombs in them. I still say she loses both scenarios thanks to simply running out of paper. Gaara doesn't run out of sand. She can run out of paper though. Or chakra atleast. And she doesn't have time to prep before battle the way she did with Madara.

Madara wins. While Gaara can pull a Konan and keep sand rushig through him for 10 whole minutes to try to make sure he grabs him, Madara can simply warp away like he did with the bombs. Madara warms away what he touches, so once he grabs that gourd Gaara's done. Same for scenario two.

Gaara wins both scenarios easily. Hidan admitted to being the slowest Akatsuki. His only chance would have been to out pace him. But Gaara can fly. First rape in Gaara's favor in this thread, lol.

Giving it to Jiraiya in both scenarios thanks to giant summons to tank Gaara's sand, and Sage Mode to plow through all his own attacks. Ma and Pa can pull off Frog Song to drop Gaara out of the sky in either scenario.

Orochimaru in both scenarios thanks to both Edo Tensei and his Hydra Mode. Gaara can overwhelm giants the way he can normal people with his sand (in either scenario), and he's got several giant snakes he can summon in addition to Hydra. Not to mention the Kusanagi should cut through Gaara's defenses.

Second rape of the thread in Gaara's favor. He simply overwhelms her with sand in both scenarios. Unlike Bee and Raikage, Tsunade's strength is in her blows, not her actual full-body toughness. She'll be tossed around like a ragdoll or flat-out sandwiched with sand. Then again, if she summoned Katsuyu she'd be fine in the first scenario...but Katsuyu is pretty much immobile. Slugs aren't known for their speed.

Naruto takes both scenarios soon as I figure out how he can hit a flying Gaara, lol. He could make tons of clones and throw them at him, but even he doesn't have chakra to do that all day. He can maybe disguise FRS as a normal Fuuma Shuriken and throw it close to Gaara so it expands and gets him. Or he can henge into a tree or cactus until Gaara nears and launches a Giant Rasengan. I'm positive Gaara's defense can't block that. I guess he can try to summon until he gets a giant summon. Maybe that'll work.

Neji can do nothing against a flying opponent, and he has to continue spinning if he wants to stay protected from Gaara's sand. Gaara takes both scenarios fairly easily.

Kakashi doesn't have the stamina to keep using Raiton in this fight. But, if he connects with a Kamui he's got the win. And now that he's proven he can pull it out fairly quickly lately, the question comes down to "can he connect eyesight on an image of Gaara quickly enough to warp his head off". Because of that, I'm giving him scenario 1. He loses scenario two though.

Hm. Gai swatted away Gaara's sand like it was nothing back at the Chuunin exams. Without gates. I'm giving Gai both scenarios by way of the brutal thrashing that he gave Kisame. He can Noon Tiger through his sand and close in the distanceso he an Morning Peacock him to death. And he'll have the speed to outrun his sand while doing so.

Gai. Both scenarios.

Gaara already won this one once, even though he had a bijuu the first time. I'm sure he can still win, since he's more powerful now.

Tayuya Genjutsu paralyzes Gaara while the others rape him. Sound 4, both scenarios. That may sound like an upset, but again. Someone's gotta prove to me Gaara's capable of escaping Genjutsu before I change my opinion.

Hiruzen in both scenarios, by way of the plethora of jutsu in his employ. If he knows every jutsu in Konoha, that means he knows multiple elements (including raiton), Edo Tensei, Rasengan, some Genjutsu, the works. Gaara doesn't want any of that.

Minato, both scenaros. If Gaara's sand can't touch pre-skip Sasuke, there's no way in hell it'll touch someone who can teleport.

Danzou, both scenarios. That Tapir should be able to swallow up Gaara's sand no problem. And it'll keep Gaara from escaping him through flight too. Then, Danzou cuts him to pieces with powered-up Fuuton. And there's always Izanagi incase Gaara manages to crush him.

...who?

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

RezzieThaRapper, ninjabot, that's the one you linked to up there When I made a list I thought of putting him as the last just because.. their fight was offscreen and Gaara had back than Shukaku. Though it seems like a joke, but nvm me now xd

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

1) 2)gaara loses against A because of his speed and strength,against Bee,because of his speed,strength and bijudama,which would break even the desert.
    3) 4)itachi and sasuke kills him with susanoo,and amaterasu would slow down him first
    5)the six paths of pain would own gaara,especially the deva
    6)kisame would win where kimimaro fought bu would probably be defeated in the desert.
    7)gaara loses again,he is strogner than before but deidara is stronger too,he can use the C4 now!
    8)sasori wins:he is the strongest of the sand,his puppets and his skills are too much.perhaps this new gaara,with the gold dust can defeat sasori.
    9)kakuzu's hearts and techniques defeats gaara but hardly
    10)gaara kills konan easily
    11)tobi teleports and absorbs gaara
    12)gaara defeat hidan
    13 14) he can't defeat jiraiya,especially if this one is in sage mode after a bit,with his toads. either can gaara against orochimaru.
    15)gaara defeats tsunade
    16)gaara is stomped by naruto's speed
    17 18) gaara beats neji and kakashi
    19)7 gates gai owns gaara
    20)this time,gaara can defeat kimimaro I guess,kimimaro wouldn'tm die for his illness but because of gaara's improvements
    21) 25) gaara stomps sound 4 and dosu
    23) minato kills gaara before the fight starts
    24)danzo wins thank's to koto amatsukami,but izanagi would be enough
    22)probably hiruzen wins,because he is a monster.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member naruto the best's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Raikage A wins this in both scenarios. Gaara's sand can't just cope it up considering A's speed and arsenal.

Killer B wins this in both scenarios. The second scenario provides some difficult moments for B but in time he'll get Gaara. Absolutely.!.

One tsukuyomi hit and it's all over anytime of anyday. If people like Kakashi and Sasuke who both have sharingan fell to Itachi's genjutsu, then I don't see any reason Gaara won't be fucked up by it.

Though Amaterasu most likely wouldn't be able to touch Gaara, Sasuke's imperfect Susanoo tanked all of Gaara, Temari, Kankurou, and Darui's attacks. MS Sasuke wins this in both settings with his versatility, lightning strikes, and Susanoo.

Nagato!

How Kisame rallied against Bee is enough evidence Gaara wouldn't stand a chance. Even in dessert Gaar will be beaten. Sand Tsunami vs Suiton Tsunami great! But Kisame takes the cake. That creepy Samehada stomps.

Without him defending his village, Gaara would have won their fight. In the forest Gaara wins with much difficulty, but in the dessert Gaara rapes Deidara even before the latter launches his C4.

Just how exciting is this event. But I'm rooting for Gaara. Though one shot of Sasori's poison is going to be lethal. Really difficult to decide. Sasori's 3rd Kazekage puppet can rock the job too. But again I'm going for Gaara with much difficulty in the forest (very close) while minimal difficulty in the dessert. If Gaara's ultimate defense can keep up with Amaterasu, then Sasori's attacks wouldn't much be of a big problem especially in the dessert.

Kakuzu in both scenarios. The guy fucked up team 10 and Kakashi (forget about Hidan). His creepy hearts are very dangerous. Gaara's sand in time will be blown.

Gaara wins in both scenarios. Konan's papers will exhaust her in time. And she'll fall like her fight with Obito.

Obito wins. Kamui is enough.

Gaara wins in both scenes. Hidan doesn't have a chance. He won't be able to get through Gaara's sand. Plus he easily gets his head blown disturbed in battle.

Jiraiya wins in both scenarios. Somebody on his level will be fucking enough for Gaara.

Oro owns him everyday. Gaara's sand won't hurt the snake guy.

Gaara rapes Tsunade. Strength and Taijutsu won't be enough to beat Gaara. Sand Coffin rocks.

Naruto!

Gaara's sand all enough!

I'm gonna give Kakashi the forest scenario and Gaara the dessert.

Gai in gates takes Gaara out.

Oh this fight rocks. Giving Gaara both scenarios.

Sound 4!

Hiruzen-sama! I wonder abouthis prime, but still he wins this. I think he can counter any of Gaara's sand jutsu.

Hiraishin!

Izanagi!

Gaara rapes!

Oh thanks what a list...

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot

Tayuya Genjutsu paralyzes Gaara while the others rape him. Sound 4, both scenarios. That may sound like an upset, but again. Someone's gotta prove to me Gaara's capable of escaping Genjutsu before I change my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by naruto the best
    One tsukuyomi hit and it's all over anytime of anyday. If people like Kakashi and Sasuke who both have sharingan fell to Itachi's genjutsu, then I don't see any reason Gaara won't be fucked up by it.
    Now that I think about it and we witnessed Gaara <and co.> vs the Second Mizukage, I'm thinking that Gaara has a way to counter genjutsu BUT ONLY if he knows that his opponent can use genjutsu. Example was provided in that fight with Mizukage dude:
    - Mizukage dude and 3rd Raikage did say what their abilities are = all of the army knew, including Gaara;
    - Gaara uses his 3rd Eye technique <it seems-from the start he had it> = he can see whats outside of genjutsu <its like he was inside genjutsu but his technique is outside of genjutsu, remember that he saw with his 3rd Eye technique what was happening to Oonoki all the time while he was in genjutsu state with Mizukage dude>; now imagine, that Gaara uses the same trick against opponent who uses genjutsu putting his technique somewhere in the air right of the bat.
    I'm not saying that Gaara will win against Itachi <xD> but I'm saying that if Gaara knows about Itachi's fame of being genjutsu user, he can easily manipulate this to his advantage<though I don't know if Tsukuyomi counts - given a second and Gaara's out of his mind but lesser genjutsu.. why not?>.
    I wonder if in scenario with Sound 4 NOWADAYS Gaara wouldn't use his Eye technique WHEN he would see Tayuya using some sound from flute.. because when I think about it, the only REAL threat from Sound 4 is, exactly, Tayuya and her genjutsu <Sakon/Ukon may have some regenerative powers but they didn't show anything spectacular with which Gaara's sand wouldn't handle, the same with Jiroubou and Kidoumaru <though the last one is a long-range fighter so he would be the only one <aside from Tayuya's flute sound> that would be able to make Gaara's absolute defense actually do sth while Gaara would be in the air.>

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

gaara doesnt get past round one

he is strong.... but Killer A beats him to a pulp

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

@ juUnior

Mizukage's genjutsu operates differently. The reason why Gaara was able to counter it is because his 3rd eye above detected the wide-range of the illusion produced by the clam. It's a genjutsu produced by Mizukage to deceive people inside the genjutsu range - just 'deception' with no particular direct effects on the mind of the opponent unlike Tsukuyomi. If Gaara is hit by an attack like Rasengan, the 3rd eye can't do anything. It's role is just to watch so it can let Gaara counter techniques, like what happened with Oonoki. So if Gaara is hit with Tsukuyomi, the 3rd eye can't do anything to undo what Gaara's mind is experiencing with the illusion, because as I said it's job is just to watch..nothing else. Very big difference in the two genjutsu settings. Hence, even if Gaara has the 3rd eye already activated, one tsukuyomi hit it's all over.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto the best View Post
    @ juUnior

Mizukage's genjutsu operates differently. The reason why Gaara was able to counter it is because his 3rd eye above detected the wide-range of the illusion produced by the clam. It's a genjutsu produced by Mizukage to deceive people inside the genjutsu range - just 'deception' with no particular direct effects on the mind of the opponent unlike Tsukuyomi. If Gaara is hit by an attack like Rasengan, the 3rd eye can't do anything. It's role is just to watch so it can let Gaara counter techniques, like what happened with Oonoki. So if Gaara is hit with Tsukuyomi, the 3rd eye can't do anything to undo what Gaara's mind is experiencing with the illusion, because as I said it's job is just to watch..nothing else. Very big difference in the two genjutsu settings. Hence, even if Gaara has the 3rd eye already activated, one tsukuyomi hit it's all over.
    So? After tsukuyomi, is gaara would be automatically defeated? Doubt that. His sand will protect him.

Even if he was hit by genjutsu, his mother's seal/sand will protect him all the way.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    So? After tsukuyomi, is gaara would be automatically defeated? Doubt that. His sand will protect him.

Even if he was hit by genjutsu, his mother's seal/sand will protect him all the way.
    If Itachi's intention is to kill, then it definitely is an early win for him. The sand can't do anything to break the Tsukuyomi. Only someone with sharingan can break it.
    The sand can't go to Gaara's subconscious to alter the tide of the illusion.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@Kisame Hoshigaki, gauntlets idea was to comment on each fight individually, not like Gaara <or any other character> fights with opponents until s/he is exhausted <if that would be the case, I would put it in different order >. So look into each fight as if both opponents are at full chakra/health <the rest conditions in the first post>

Mizukage's genjutsu operates differently. The reason why Gaara was able to counter it is because his 3rd eye above detected the wide-range of the illusion produced by the clam. It's a genjutsu produced by Mizukage to deceive people inside the genjutsu range - just 'deception' with no particular direct effects on the mind of the opponent unlike Tsukuyomi.
    I think that ALL genjutsu works on a particular shinobi's mind and chakra - the explanation of how different genjutsus work is the same: it affects the mind/chakra of its opponent whether by eyes, ears, touch, etc.:
    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-219-15/...apter-214.html
    Jeez, can't find the proper explanation of how genjutsu works, so I'm putting wikipedia link here:
    http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Genjutsu
    So no matter how Mizukage uses genjutsu with the clam, its still genjutsu which affects the minds of his opponents - just look here what Gaara was looking at when genjutsu was broken:
    http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/556/8
    Genjutsu of Mizukage dude vanished from his sight <and all the other shinobi out there>.

The difference between this or any other genjutsu with that of Tsukuyomi is that Itachi is able to distort time and space within this trademark genjutsu <I don't have time right now to search for explanation of Tsukuyomi by Kakashi in part 1 when Kisame & Itachi appeared in Konoha, or what Danzou said to Sasuke about Itachi's Tsukuyomi, but to put it simply: any other genjutsu affects the mind BUT the time/space is the same as it would be normally outside of genjutsu WHILE Tsukuyomi makes time/space irrelevant - Itachi, like he did with Kakashi, can put you for 3 days of torture in your mind and on the outside it just took a second BUT your mind is wrecked>.
    That aside, as I mentioned, I don't think Gaara <or anyone who is caught by Tsukuyomi> will be able to fight anymore <but it seems that Tsukuyomi requires close contact of eyes to be able to work: in all instances Itachi had his eyes close to eyes of his opponent <at least I remember that being the case with Kakashi and Sasuke>, and in databooks it also says that Tsukuyomi is a close range genjutsu>. I think that if Gaara will go flying from the start, Tsukuyomi won't be used by Itachi but rather his finger-genjutsu or any other he would pull off from distance <and still, its not like by this I'm saying Gaara wins against Itachi - thats not f*cking possible xP>

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313

Interesting idea, never thought about it, I like that. IF automatic sand would nonetheless work for uncounsciousnes Gaara <or bluntly put: his mind would me massacred > I still think it won't be enough to stop Itachi doing some serious shit to Gaara while he would be uncounsciousness or whatnot <BUT in my scenario Itachi won't be able to use Tsukuyomi against Gaara due to close contact etc., or rather: in scenario one - maybe, but in scenario two - no way>

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto the best View Post
    If Itachi's intention is to kill, then it definitely is an early win for him. The sand can't do anything to break the Tsukuyomi. Only someone with sharingan can break it.
    The sand can't go to Gaara's subconscious to alter the tide of the illusion.
    But nonetheless, that automatic sand is some sort of sealing barrier. Maybe that sand can send a chakra to disrupt any genjutsu to gaara. Or it'll hurt gaara to cancel any genjutsu.

It was called an ultimate defense and a sealing jutsu meant for gaara's protection. So it'll protect him no matter what.

And the fact that gaara can also close his eyes to avoid being hit by genjutsu/tsukuyomi. And he just let his sand to fight and protect him from itachi. Or he can activate his third eye.

And I think gaara has the advantage over to itachi or to any uchiha. His sand is the best counter for a doujutsu user. Using his sand and put them on their eyes means that gaara sealed their ocular power. Then how will itachi will going to fight gaara if his eyes was full of sand?

---------- Post added at 06:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

In fact, I had an opinion that those sand, or gaara's mother, will soon have her body and legs to form a giant gundam sand.
    Last edited by marshall313; July 12, 2013 at 06:32 AM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

@ juUnior

The Mizukage’s genjutsu affects the person’s mental aspect through confusion, which is different from Itachi’s Tsukuyomi that does not confuse the opponent, but provides mental suffering. The psychological breakdown done by Tsukuyomi is the direct effect on the mind of the opponent I meant, which differentiates it from the confusion or deception exhibited by Mizukage’s technique.

I am pretty much convinced that once Itachi hits him with Tsukuyomi, it’s gonna be an early win. Just how instant Kakashi was bumped. Thanks Itachi’s intention was not to kill. Plus this thread grants 100% Itachi of full health so I’m giving him an early victory. Actually genjutsu levels like what he did against Orochimaru, Deidara and Sasuke are all enough. Finger genjutsu can also do some tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    But nonetheless, that automatic sand is some sort of sealing barrier. Maybe that sand can send a chakra to disrupt any genjutsu to gaara. Or it'll hurt gaara to cancel any genjutsu.
    Nope. The sand being some type of sealing barrier won’t do anything to stop Tsukuyomi. Hurting Gaara from the outside will just ruin his condition more. And there’s no such thing as the sand sending chakra to disrupt or break the Tsukuyomi inside Gaara’s mind, which is happening instantly in reality though days in that powerful illusion. Again only someone with Sharingan will be able to break it.

Quote Quote:
    It was called an ultimate defense and a sealing jutsu meant for gaara's protection. So it'll protect him no matter what.
    His ultimate defense gives his opponents problems, but we’ve seen occasions how he was hurt many times even with that type of defense.

Quote Quote:
    And the fact that gaara can also close his eyes to avoid being hit by genjutsu/tsukuyomi. And he just let his sand to fight and protect him from itachi. Or he can activate his third eye.
    Nope. Closing your eyes against someone like Itachi signals defeat. Sand alone without his guidance won’t do shit. To keep up himself in this battle he has to open his eyes, so that he can direct/manage the sand well as we’ve seen him in his fights. Activating the 3rd eye Egg Technique opens for Itachi’s sealing Blade of Totsuka to stomp. That blade is damn fast to fuck up Orochimaru above. Once hit it’ll seal the sand with Gaara

Quote Quote:
    And I think gaara has the advantage over to itachi or to any uchiha. His sand is the best counter for a doujutsu user. Using his sand and put them on their eyes means that gaara sealed their ocular power. Then how will itachi will going to fight gaara if his eyes was full of sand?
    Exaggerating. Even in Lee fight this didn’t happen.

Quote Quote:
    In fact, I had an opinion that those sand, or gaara's mother, will soon have her body and legs to form a giant gundam sand.
    Not bad.
    Last edited by naruto the best; July 12, 2013 at 10:09 AM.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

The Mizukage’s genjutsu affects the person’s mental aspect through confusion, which is different from Itachi’s Tsukuyomi that does not confuse the opponent, but provides mental suffering.
    Yes, but before you wrote: "It's a genjutsu produced by Mizukage to deceive people inside the genjutsu range - just 'deception' with no particular direct effects on the mind of the opponent unlike Tsukuyomi." - I was just saying that all of genjutsu works on the opponents mind, whether it does harm <Itachi> or not <Mizukage dude> so it does has a direct effect on the mind of the one being caught - just my idea of whether Gaara can counter genjutsu <I should have said: some weak ones, like Tayuya's genjutsu etc.> or not <as I said earlier, once Tsukuyomi would hit Gaara he would be KOed so I wasn't saying that he can counter such powerful genjutsu like Tsu> ^^

To make it more clear, I will put an example with Tayuya's genjutsu and Sound 4 <which seems that only Tayuya is the real threat here for Gaara>:
    - Gaara starts a fight, goes flying, makes third eye technique <I'm assuming he will do like he did in Edo kages fights while keeping some sand beside him>, molds already some sand from the ground while some of the sand attacks directly Sound 4 <remember, against Kimimaro he was doing 2 things at a time: making his sand attack Kimimaro while blocking himself from his finger attacks/or making more sand from the ground while Kimimaro was busy with the sand which was attacking him; against his dad he was doing THREE things at the same time: lifting sand above the gold sand of dad, attacking with some of gourd sand vs gold sand of dad, and making Suna Arare from above (4th Kazekage was surprised at the fact that Gaara already lifted his sand above gold from the ground); not only that, against the Second Mizukage he was fighting against genjutsus Mizukage dude while watching outside with TE technique what was going on with Oonoki, and when Oonoki was supposed to be killed it was revealed that Gaara made a sand bunshin of Oonoki during him crushing the clam = Mizukage dude said, quoting: "This sand dude does nothing without reason" and it revealed, basically, that Gaara was buying time for Oonoki to search for the clam somewhere else>;
    - Jiroubou does shit, Sakon/Ukon the same <both suck at long-range fight>, Kidoumaru attacks Gaara with his bow and arrows, Tayuya uses her flute and plays the song;
    - Gaara's sand blocks arrows of Kidoumaru, Sakon/Ukon and Jiroubou are already attacked by sand which does nothing to them as there is small amount of it right now <but they are occupied, wonder, maybe the amount would be enough to attack the rest of S4 or all of them?>, and finally Gaara hears the sound of flute and is put in genjutsu;
    - Jiroubou, Sakon/Ukon aren't occupied as Gaara was put in genjutsu but they still can't do nothing against flying Gaara <I wonder if Gaara put in genjutsu in the air wouldn't go flying down so I'm putting it as 'yes', thus they are running towards the place where Gaara'sbody will land>, Kidoumaru decides to finish Gaara off with his bigger asset of arrows <those which he used at the end against Neji so he prepares them>, Tayuya makes Gaara hurt in genjutsu <like she did Shikamaru>;
    - Gaara's probably falling down, using Third Eye technique he knows whats happening, he makes himself hurt <going by the fact that Gaara is a mixed version of Naruto/Sasuke characters and was called genius I would say he knows how to counter genjutsus though its my guess that he would do sth like Shika did>, breaks up from genjutsu;
    - Jiroubou, Sakon/Ukon still do nothing <>, Tayuya's genjutsu disrrupted, she summons her pupils <probably>, Kidoumaru fires arrow/s;
    - Gaara blocks arrow/s <remember, he knew what was going on outside of genjutsu using TE technique, and I assume that those arrows won't do anything to Gaara's sand; someone may say that he wouldn't be able to experience genjutsu and whats going on outside but the fight with Mizukage dude reveals that he can, even if it sounds impossible, lol> and pulls some seals or sth and Ryuusa Bakuryuu is coming up <like in Kimimaro's fight>;
    Conclusion: the rest is massacre.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313
    xD
    One of the 'new' things about Gaara I hate were those "mommy" looking shields - the first one, when it blocked gold sand of Gaara's dad from above and a panel was awesome <and I though it was symbolical..> but later on Kishi revealed that it wasn't symbolical, it was actual for current Gaara
    Last edited by juUnior; July 12, 2013 at 11:18 AM.

24. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast