Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: Gaara Runs the Gauntlet

  1. #16
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member naruto the best's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    KONOHA
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gaara Runs the Gauntlet

    @ juUnior

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto the best View Post
    @ juUnior

    The Mizukage’s genjutsu affects the person’s mental aspect through confusion, which is different from Itachi’s Tsukuyomi that does not confuse the opponent, but provides mental suffering.The psychological breakdown done by Tsukuyomi is the direct effect on the mind of the opponent I meant, which differentiates it from the confusion or deception exhibited by Mizukage’s technique.
    I already made clear that up what I meant in my previous post. The effect in the mind is pertained to the mental suffering experienced by the opponent which differentiates from the deception of Mizukage with no psychological damage. That’s it.

    I was noting mainly for Itachi’s Tsukuyomi since you did quote first my Gaara vs Itachi scenario, and then I gave some comments about how Gaara countered the Mizukage’s illusion with the presence of the 3rd Eye as moot in Itachi’s case. I think with your post we can agree to this.

    Regarding your battle scene among Sound 4 and Gaara it’s already planned for Gaara’s victory and anybody rooting for the Sound 4 can also counter and make his own battle scenario to fit his objective, so I’m not gonna delve myself about it except for the genjutsu thing because that’s the main question here.

    Quote Originally Posted by juUnior View Post

    - Gaara's probably falling down, using Third Eye technique he knows whats happening, he makes himself hurt <going by the fact that Gaara is a mixed version of Naruto/Sasuke characters and was called genius I would say he knows how to counter genjutsus though its my guess that he would do sth like Shika did>, breaks up from genjutsu;
    I forgot what panel it was mentioned. Can you link me? Thanks.

    Shikamaru broke Tayuya’s genjutsu with his shadow breaking his finger. I wonder how Gaara’s gonna hurt himself. If he does it with his sand then most likely he’s fine. But still I wonder how he’ll react immediately to it compared to Shika’s immediate counter. The counter for Mizukage was pretty obvious because of the latter’s declaration. So the odds are different. So basically it depends upon Gaara himself if he can immediately think of the counter to hurt himself. Otherwise, he’s screwed.
    Last edited by naruto the best; July 12, 2013 at 11:50 PM.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #17
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,453
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gaara Runs the Gauntlet

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto the best View Post
    Nope. The sand being some type of sealing barrier won’t do anything to stop Tsukuyomi. Hurting Gaara from the outside will just ruin his condition more. And there’s no such thing as the sand sending chakra to disrupt or break the Tsukuyomi inside Gaara’s mind, which is happening instantly in reality though days in that powerful illusion. Again only someone with Sharingan will be able to break it.
    Why not? What makes you think itachi can't use his tsukuyomi/genjutsu to kabuto? because he closed his eyes right? Closing gaara's eyes would make itachi's tsukuyomi useless.

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto the best View Post
    His ultimate defense gives his opponents problems, but we’ve seen occasions how he was hurt many times even with that type of defense.
    When was that? way back in part 1?

    Gaara can change the mountain/rocks into a sand for his jutsu in an instant. So it doesn't matter if itachi will use his susanoo, amaterasu and tsukuyomi, he'll swim into the sand down to the hellish place.

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto the best View Post
    Nope. Closing your eyes against someone like Itachi signals defeat. Sand alone without his guidance won’t do shit. To keep up himself in this battle he has to open his eyes, so that he can direct/manage the sand well as we’ve seen him in his fights. Activating the 3rd eye Egg Technique opens for Itachi’s sealing Blade of Totsuka to stomp. That blade is damn fast to fuck up Orochimaru above. Once hit it’ll seal the sand with Gaara
    No. Your itachi isn't really that freaking strong. He's just an average guy without his so called treasure weapons. And no no no. The reason why gaara's sand known as ultimate and best defense is simply because it act on his own for gaara's protection. Itachi can hit gaara if he's so damn fast. But that's the sad thing, itachi is just too slow.

    Oh, i think gaara would just fly above and let his sand in the ground rape itachi. Gaara just need his eye jutsu and control those sand from above while throwing his sand ball of rain to itachi's ass. What would itachi can do in that situation? pray? His tsunami of sand and his rain of sand ball are enough to kill itachi who just have a low level capacity of chakra.



    Quote Originally Posted by naruto the best View Post
    Exaggerating. Even in Lee fight this didn’t happen.
    I'm talking about the current gaara and not gaara in part 1. From your POV, You used Gaara's caliber in part 1 vs itachi's caliber in part 2? What the hell is that?

    Remember, that it was gaara's sand who sensed muu's presence. He literally control those sand that was flying/floating all around that area. Then controlling those sand and shoot them to itachi's eyes, will make itachi into a fodder ninja. Without his sharingan, he's just as astrong as iruka, from my POV.

  4. #18
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,552
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gaara Runs the Gauntlet

    Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    Why not? What makes you think itachi can't use his tsukuyomi/genjutsu to kabuto? because he closed his eyes right? Closing gaara's eyes would make itachi's tsukuyomi useless.



    When was that? way back in part 1?

    Gaara can change the mountain/rocks into a sand for his jutsu in an instant. So it doesn't matter if itachi will use his susanoo, amaterasu and tsukuyomi, he'll swim into the sand down to the hellish place.



    No. Your itachi isn't really that freaking strong. He's just an average guy without his so called treasure weapons. And no no no. The reason why gaara's sand known as ultimate and best defense is simply because it act on his own for gaara's protection. Itachi can hit gaara if he's so damn fast. But that's the sad thing, itachi is just too slow.

    Oh, i think gaara would just fly above and let his sand in the ground rape itachi. Gaara just need his eye jutsu and control those sand from above while throwing his sand ball of rain to itachi's ass. What would itachi can do in that situation? pray? His tsunami of sand and his rain of sand ball are enough to kill itachi who just have a low level capacity of chakra.





    I'm talking about the current gaara and not gaara in part 1. From your POV, You used Gaara's caliber in part 1 vs itachi's caliber in part 2? What the hell is that?

    Remember, that it was gaara's sand who sensed muu's presence. He literally control those sand that was flying/floating all around that area. Then controlling those sand and shoot them to itachi's eyes, will make itachi into a fodder ninja. Without his sharingan, he's just as astrong as iruka, from my POV.
    marshall no offense

    but itahi could wipe out all of the previous kazekages and granny chiyo + sasori

    their is no way i could see gaara beating itachi

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #19
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,453
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gaara Runs the Gauntlet

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    marshall no offense

    but itahi could wipe out all of the previous kazekages and granny chiyo + sasori

    their is no way i could see gaara beating itachi
    Huh? How? Gaara is more than enough. He can activate his tsunami sand in an instant. Meaning, it's already block itachi's eye sight. And itachi will go directly to the sinkhole.

    And by adding his father, a gold dust user and the third kazegake, the magnet sand user. Then itachi's chance goes down to .0000000 %.

    The only chance itachi got is his never ending favorite jutsu of all time, genjutsu/tsukuyomi. BUt if gaara can fly directly using his sand, then i don't see him being defeated by itachi. Then he'll just use his ultimate sand to chase itachi until he run out of chakra. Well, specifically, itachi is just an average ninja in tems of chakra capacity. So he won't last for more than 5 or 10 minutes.

    But that's of course is just my POV.

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,237
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gaara Runs the Gauntlet

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    marshall no offense

    but itahi could wipe out all of the previous kazekages and granny chiyo + sasori

    their is no way i could see gaara beating itachi
    What marshall is saying somehow makes a lot of sense...and I rarely ever say that.

    I don't want to get in to this too much, so I will just say this : While Itachi is overall obviously stronger than Gaara, that doesn't mean he will win against him. A battle between these two is not something so simple as "the strongest wins."

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #21
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member naruto the best's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    KONOHA
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gaara Runs the Gauntlet

    Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    Why not? What makes you think itachi can't use his tsukuyomi/genjutsu to kabuto? because he closed his eyes right? Closing gaara's eyes would make itachi's tsukuyomi useless.
    You are forgetting that Kabuto was in his Dragon Sage Mode which enhanced his perception ability, and thus evade the Uchiha brothers’ attacks. Gaara was seen to be waving his hands to have full control of his sand, so it wouldn’t be that effective by letting his eyes closed. Just No. He has to keep his eyesight in this fight. While closing would render his tsukuyomi useless, it would render his other techniques useful. Gaara can cover himself with his sand and not look at Itachi’s eyes to avoid genjutsu, hence opening himself to Itachi’s Blade and seal him with his sand.

    Quote Quote:
    When was that? way back in part 1?
    Gaara can change the mountain/rocks into a sand for his jutsu in an instant.
    So it doesn't matter if itachi will use his susanoo, amaterasu and tsukuyomi, he'll swim into the sand down to the hellish place.
    We’ve seen Gaara fucked up by Deidara’s bombs in part 2. We’ve seen his difficulty in dealing with Mizukage finally thanks to the Golden Sand left by his father. We’ve seen incomplete Susanoo tanked not only Gaara’s attack but his siblings and Darui. We’ve seen Itachi’s intelligence paired with his techniques. We’ve seen Itachi’s calmness and analysis in dealing with the massive CT landscape so Gaara’s sand is not a problem. Itachi can just jump and go with the flow of sand, deflect sand attacks there and finally stomp with his ethereal arsenal.
    We’ve seen how Itachi immediately jumped above after releasing his katon jutsu. So Itachi swimming into the sand is moot.[/QUOTE]

    Quote Quote:
    No. Your itachi isn't really that freaking strong. He's just an average guy without his so called treasure weapons. And no no no. The reason why gaara's sand known as ultimate and best defense is simply because it act on his own for gaara's protection. Itachi can hit gaara if he's so damn fast. But that's the sad thing, itachi is just too slow.
    Funny.
    The guy just was able to hold his ground against CM Naruto, and dodge Killer Bee’s Samehada even when he has his taijutsu duel with Naruto. He’s shown to end battles quickly and he did manage to get his treasures which are not innate in his Susanoo. We’ve seen how fast enough the Blade of Totsuka is to pierce an opponent even at high range. So even if Gaara is above he’ll still be reached by Magatama projectiles and totsuka.No offense but seriously you’re discrediting the guy and put too much bias in your post really.. And one more thing here: He is not ‘My Itachi’ unlike ‘Your Minato’. I’m a fan, not a fanboy.

    Quote Quote:
    Oh, i think gaara would just fly above and let his sand in the ground rape itachi. Gaara just need his eye jutsu and control those sand from above while throwing his sand ball of rain to itachi's ass. What would itachi can do in that situation? pray? His tsunami of sand and his rain of sand ball are enough to kill itachi who just have a low level capacity of chakra.
    I’ve already said how an incomplete Susanoo tank not just sand balls but added with other attacks. It’s pretty much inferior compared to Itachi’s susanoo having Totsuka and Yata Mirror that deflects anything. So the sand balls are useless. Again we’ve already seen Itachi can just jump above, activate his susanoo there and pierce Gaara.

    Quote Quote:
    I'm talking about the current gaara and not gaara in part 1. From your POV, You used Gaara's caliber in part 1 vs itachi's caliber in part 2? What the hell is that?
    Remember, that it was gaara's sand who sensed muu's presence. He literally control those sand that was flying/floating all around that area. Then controlling those sand and shoot them to itachi's eyes, will make itachi into a fodder ninja. Without his sharingan, he's just as astrong as iruka, from my POV.
    Nope. I am talking about the current Gaara. I mentioned Lee in the context of you saying about the sand being shoot in the eyes, not comparing Gaara’s caliber in part 1 vs Itachi’s caliber in part 2 because common sense tells us that’s dumb. Even then your assumed setting didn’t happen in part 2.
    Then again you’re exaggerating your statements by downplaying an Uchiha and taking away his sharingan asset. Well I don’t want to get myself delved on that because it’s your opinion anyway. But seriously just come to think of it if Minato doesn’t have his hiraishin asset.
    Last edited by naruto the best; July 14, 2013 at 12:41 AM.

  11. #22
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,453
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gaara Runs the Gauntlet

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto the best View Post
    You are forgetting that Kabuto was in his Dragon Sage Mode which enhanced his perception ability, and thus evade the Uchiha brothers’ attacks. Gaara was seen to be waving his hands to have full control of his sand, so it wouldn’t be that effective by letting his eyes closed. Just No. He has to keep his eyesight in this fight. While closing would render his tsukuyomi useless, it would render his other techniques useful. Gaara can cover himself with his sand and not look at Itachi’s eyes to avoid genjutsu, hence opening himself to Itachi’s Blade and seal him with his sand.
    No. YOu misunderstood my statement. You just stated that gaara can't do anything to itachi's tskuyomi. So i said that gaara has the ability to make that into a useless jutsu for him by closing his eyes like kabuto, and he'll let his sand do the offense and defense. And no. Don't make gaara a fodder/idiot in this fight. What's the use of his flying ability if he don't use it? By flying above, almost of itachi's jutsu are useless. Then controlling his sand to attack itachi in every angle at the same time will make itachi run for his money.

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto the best View Post
    We’ve seen Gaara fucked up by Deidara’s bombs in part 2. We’ve seen his difficulty in dealing with Mizukage finally thanks to the Golden Sand left by his father. We’ve seen incomplete Susanoo tanked not only Gaara’s attack but his siblings and Darui. We’ve seen Itachi’s intelligence paired with his techniques. We’ve seen Itachi’s calmness and analysis in dealing with the massive CT landscape so Gaara’s sand is not a problem. Itachi can just jump and go with the flow of sand, deflect sand attacks there and finally stomp with his ethereal arsenal.
    We’ve seen how Itachi immediately jumped above after releasing his katon jutsu. So Itachi swimming into the sand is moot.
    Huh? jump and go with the flow of sand? and then he can deflect sand attack there and finally stomp with his amazing treasure weapon? Where? to the underground? Have you ever seen a sinkhole? and how will itachi jump above of the tsunami sand? and you forgetting something that you can't walk or jump on gaara's sand. So my point still stand.


    Quote Originally Posted by naruto the best View Post
    Funny.
    The guy just was able to hold his ground against CM Naruto, and dodge Killer Bee’s Samehada even when he has his taijutsu duel with Naruto. He’s shown to end battles quickly and he did manage to get his treasures which are not innate in his Susanoo. We’ve seen how fast enough the Blade of Totsuka is to pierce an opponent even at high range. So even if Gaara is above he’ll still be reached by Magatama projectiles and totsuka.No offense but seriously you’re discrediting the guy and put too much bias in your post really.. And one more thing here: He is not ‘My Itachi’ unlike ‘Your Minato’. I’m a fan, not a fanboy.
    And we've also seen how fast gaara can activate his sand, and we've seen how fast his sand attack really was, So Susanoo, magatama and totsuka are all useless. Because itachi needs to focus for that attack. Gaara can attack to his opponent in every angle at the same time. Above, below, left and right. That alone will make itachi's run for his money.

    And no, if you're a fan of itachi, then it means you're a fanboy. You're a fan and a boy, so it makes you a fanboy.

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto the best View Post
    I’ve already said how an incomplete Susanoo tank not just sand balls but added with other attacks. It’s pretty much inferior compared to Itachi’s susanoo having Totsuka and Yata Mirror that deflects anything. So the sand balls are useless. Again we’ve already seen Itachi can just jump above, activate his susanoo there and pierce Gaara.
    It's not about how itachi would tank the sand balls, but rather how will his susanoo would going to escape on a sinkhole. Itachi can jump above but it goes the same to gaara's sand. In fact, it can attack midair. Sinkhole in the ground and sand in the midair, how will itachi escape that hellish attack?


    Quote Originally Posted by naruto the best View Post
    Nope. I am talking about the current Gaara. I mentioned Lee in the context of you saying about the sand being shoot in the eyes, not comparing Gaara’s caliber in part 1 vs Itachi’s caliber in part 2 because common sense tells us that’s dumb. Even then your assumed setting didn’t happen in part 2.
    Then again you’re exaggerating your statements by downplaying an Uchiha and taking away his sharingan asset. Well I don’t want to get myself delved on that because it’s your opinion anyway. But seriously just come to think of it if Minato doesn’t have his hiraishin asset.
    without his hiraishin, minato is still minato. YOu just take one of his jutsu.

    But for itachi, without his sharingan, you're already taking the source of his power/jutsu.

    And the fact that i just said that gaara can send some of his sand to itachi's eyes to sealed his sharingan. Seriously, how would itachi fight if his eyes had a sand? I've never take itachi's sharingan just to downplay him, i'm just giving you a scenario for gaara to counter itachi's sharingan.

  12. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member naruto the best's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    KONOHA
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gaara Runs the Gauntlet

    Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    No. YOu misunderstood my statement. You just stated that gaara can't do anything to itachi's tskuyomi. So i said that gaara has the ability to make that into a useless jutsu for him by closing his eyes like kabuto, and he'll let his sand do the offense and defense. And no. Don't make gaara a fodder/idiot in this fight. What's the use of his flying ability if he don't use it? By flying above, almost of itachi's jutsu are useless. Then controlling his sand to attack itachi in every angle at the same time will make itachi run for his money.
    Nope. I clearly understood your statement that’s why I emphasized the Kabuto’s difference as you made him an example. And made it clear that Gaara cannot just close his eyes in this fight while his sand do the booming. Just no. In the manga we didn’t see him close his eyes against the likes of Deidara and Second Mizukage and let his sand blow, have we?. Instead we saw his eyes open and that’s needed to wave his hands and guide his sand to increase its effectiveness and overwhelm his opponents. Again we many times saw it. I’m not making him a fodder/idiot, it was you by putting that example which never did happen in the manga and is awful for him. Kabuto did it with SM that’s why Itachi resorted to Izanami. And Gaara’s case is very different.

    Quote Quote:
    Huh? jump and go with the flow of sand? and then he can deflect sand attack there and finally stomp with his amazing treasure weapon? Where? to the underground? Have you ever seen a sinkhole? and how will itachi jump above of the tsunami sand? and you forgetting something that you can't walk or jump on gaara's sand. So my point still stand.
    Mizukage and Raikage got out of Gaara’s sand. What makes you think Itachi with his Susanoo cannot get out from that?. Just wow. And where is this underground thing coming when Itachi can just get of the sand and catch Gaara with his ethereal blade above which we’ve seen instantly to pierce at considerable range.? Just wow. Gaara is sealed with his sand. That can actually be the end of it. Really Itachi’s susanoo with its weapons cannot just be restrained by Gaara’s sand.

    Quote Quote:
    And we've also seen how fast gaara can activate his sand, and we've seen how fast his sand attack really was, So Susanoo, magatama and totsuka are all useless. Because itachi needs to focus for that attack. Gaara can attack to his opponent in every angle at the same time. Above, below, left and right. That alone will make itachi's run for his money.
    Just when Gaara is controlling the sand to attack at different angles (of which he can’t do when he has his eyes closed lol), he’ll be surprised to be pierced by Totsuka just as when Orochimaru was pierced above. (as this thread doesn’t grant that they know each other’s abilities fully) So it’s not useless and will never be when activated.

    Quote Quote:
    And no, if you're a fan of itachi, then it means you're a fanboy. You're a fan and a boy, so it makes you a fanboy.
    Just Literal and Funny. Meh.

    Quote Quote:
    It's not about how itachi would tank the sand balls, but rather how will his susanoo would going to escape on a sinkhole. Itachi can jump above but it goes the same to gaara's sand. In fact, it can attack midair. Sinkhole in the ground and sand in the midair, how will itachi escape that hellish attack?
    I said things about the sand balls because you’ve mentioned about it. It’s useless. When he jumps and Gaara’s sand blocks yata mirror deflects. Sinkhole is moot because Itachi’s Susanoo can just fuck up the ground and deflects the sand away. One example of Gaara’s frightening sand stomps was when he cornered Deidara in his massive Giant Ball sand. And what did Deidara do to escape?. He just did use his clay explosion which is pretty much inferior to Itachi’s defensive and offensive susanoo.

    Quote Quote:
    without his hiraishin, minato is still minato. YOu just take one of his jutsu.
    But for itachi, without his sharingan, you're already taking the source of his power/jutsu.
    Nope. Hiraishin makes Minato the fastest in the manga. Take that away from him and he loses that title.
    So let’s not take away from these guys their assets. That’s what they have and let’s accept it as it is, well unless if we have Uchiha hatred I understand.

    Quote Quote:
    And the fact that i just said that gaara can send some of his sand to itachi's eyes to sealed his sharingan. Seriously, how would itachi fight if his eyes had a sand? I've never take itachi's sharingan just to downplay him, i'm just giving you a scenario for gaara to counter itachi's sharingan.
    Hmp.
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall313

    No. Your itachi isn't really that freaking strong. He's just an average guy without his so called treasure weapons. And no no no. The reason why gaara's sand known as ultimate and best defense is simply because it act on his own for gaara's protection. Itachi can hit gaara if he's so damn fast. But that's the sad thing, itachi is just too slow.
    He literally control those sand that was flying/floating all around that area. Then controlling those sand and shoot them to itachi's eyes, will make itachi into a fodder ninja. Without his sharingan, he's just as astrong as iruka, from my POV.
    Aside from the fact that it didn’t happen in the manga and that ‘shooting of sand to seal sharingan scenario’ is moot, no offense but it’s a fact that you’re downplaying him with your words, despite the fact that we witnessed what he’s capable of. Again it’s a fact with your words, but it’s your opinion anyway so you’re very free to expose it.
    Last edited by naruto the best; July 14, 2013 at 06:12 AM.

  13. #24
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Soul Society
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gaara Runs the Gauntlet

    @naruto the best, BUT what do you think about what I wrote about Itachi being unable to use Tsukuyomi against Gaara due to difference in distance <Tsu being close range genjutsu, proven by manga/databooks>?

    About mixed version of Sasuke/Naruto - just my interpretation of Gaara <it just seems that way as he can communicate well with both of them >, about being "genius" type, here:
    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-88-9/na...hapter-83.html

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto the best
    Shikamaru broke Tayuya’s genjutsu with his shadow breaking his finger. I wonder how Gaara’s gonna hurt himself. If he does it with his sand then most likely he’s fine. But still I wonder how he’ll react immediately to it compared to Shika’s immediate counter. The counter for Mizukage was pretty obvious because of the latter’s declaration. So the odds are different. So basically it depends upon Gaara himself if he can immediately think of the counter to hurt himself. Otherwise, he’s screwed.
    I can only agree, there's too much benefit of a doubt for that one <though I forgot that Shika used shadow for his finger which means that he was able to use shadow outside of genjutsu, which further makes me hope that Gaara is able to do the same with his sand <sand coffin on his hand, lol xP>

    Quote Originally Posted by marshall313
    Gaara can change the mountain/rocks into a sand for his jutsu in an instant. So it doesn't matter if itachi will use his susanoo, amaterasu and tsukuyomi, he'll swim into the sand down to the hellish place.
    Although it was used AFTER Oonoki powered-up Gaara's sand, this is another way to counter Susano'o by Gaara:
    Spoiler show

    Though, srsly, it makes no sense to me as it proves that Susano'o's defense from the ground seems.. open?! I like better scenario with Gokusa Maisou.

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto the best
    We’ve seen Gaara fucked up by Deidara’s bombs in part 2. We’ve seen his difficulty in dealing with Mizukage finally thanks to the Golden Sand left by his father.
    In part 2 Gaara's defense wasn't beaten by speed of Lee or Sasuke <actually there's no instance that is was beaten by speed itself>:
    - against DeiDei-chan - because Deidara, overally, is helluva intelligent and is able to use his bombs effectively. Does his bombs were faster than Gaara's sand? No. <he even blocked those 'faster birds' which Dei said were the fastest ones <before doing egg-shell thingy>, and when his bird was outside of egg-shell and Deidara used it, the sand could still keep up with it (gourd sand that is)>;
    - against Mizukage dude - I think that difficulty here was Jokey Boy, not absolute defense's failure <though we've seen that Gaara's sand defense is poor against water-type thingies>; aside from that, this fight was plot-written: Gaara, as always <f*ck : (> had to protect somebody else-it could have been different when he wouldn't have to worry about other shinobi being blown away by JB <not to mention he was fighting against an opponent AFTER his fight with his dad>.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts