Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Favorite Male Character (edited to make more broad)

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rubel

2 6.06%
  • Rimuto

0 0%
  • Orsay

0 0%
  • Ermita

2 6.06%
  • Rado

0 0%
  • Dae

0 0%
  • Isley

5 15.15%
  • Rigardo

8 24.24%
  • Dauf

1 3.03%
  • Child Raki

3 9.09%
  • Adult Raki

11 33.33%
  • Cid

0 0%
  • Galk

0 0%
  • Father Vincent

0 0%
  • Rig (the bandit that harrassed Teresa+Clare)

0 0%
  • Zaki (Raki's older brother)

0 0%
  • The boy in the town that has the statues of Twin Goddesses, whom has a sister too

0 0%
  • "Spiderman" Paburo Mtns AB

1 3.03%
  • One of the 3 "scout/recon" ABs of Isley's army

0 0%
  • The other Rabona clergymen

0 0%
  • The bandit leader

0 0%
New Reply

Thread: Favorite Male Character

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Favorite Male Character

(editing this to make it more broad, as opposed to only hotness/looks/appearance)

Favorite Male character:

Choice can be based on anything, from coolness, hotness/looks/appearance, personality, or whatever you want to use to decide.

----------------------------------------------------

I chose Adult Raki, as there's not really any negatives with him that I can see (other than his current predicament with those two Destroyer's small projectiles in his left shoulder, but he's resisting them so far very well), and he's still human so far as we know (as ch 109 didn't tell us, what is up with Raki and his back that Dae was/is so interested in it). Adult Raki is really lean/muscled, is probably cute-faced and handsome to the ladies, and is the "all important tall" in terms of looks/body, and his personality is great. He's "Mr. Perfect" as far as I can tell, though I'm not a female, nor homosexual, so this is my feeble attempt, lol. Adult Raki is the "safe/obvious" choice for me, whom has no idea on this topic, lol.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; October 07, 2011 at 10:45 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner martia's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most Desired ("Hottest") Male Character

isley for me, because i like his way of strategizing, protecting priscilla above all else. he also seems to be the most human among the awakened beings.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

woot... got one post so far and actually a few votes too, woot woot, lol.

----------------------------------------------------------------

and welcome on your first post martia !!!

I hope to see more of your posts, and am glad you like Claymore, hehe! (I love Claymore!)

---------------------------------------------------

this is *my own personal view/opinion only* of Isley:

(it's however the opposite though)

Isley's not such a "good/nice guy" (originally anyways).....

Isley wasn't exactly "protecting" Priscilla (as she doesn't need any protection in the first place) because he cared about her (at least not originally), nor was he actually very "human" either (again not originally anyways), as he secretly showed his true self, his cruel-evil self (again originally self anyways) two times:

1. Isley to Rigardo: ~"Take my entire AB army and CRUSH Pieta! Kill every single Claymore! Kill every living thing! I want not even an ant alive!"

2. Luciela to Isley: ~"I know you Isley because you're just like me! We're both cruel and evil. We care nothing about others! We hate being in groups! You intentionally wiped out your own 30 AB army because you can't stand them! You hate everyone, you want to be the only one alive and want to kill everyone/everything else around you! You despise others! Just like me!"

Isley to Luciela: ~I could never win you in a game of wits, you're too much like I am, Luciela! You know me too well. Indeed I can't stand others! They're so weak and pitiful! They all deserved to die, and so do you too!"

*Isley comes off as so sweet and likable.... but underneath.... he's the cruel'est of the Abyssal Ones.... He's like Scott Peterson*..... V.V

*In the U.S., this guy named Scott Peterson seemed like "Mr. Perfect", to Laci Peterson, his wife whom was pregnant with his baby, only to get murdered by him, along with their baby inside her. He was found guilty and is in San Quentin max security prison for the rest of his life.....

----------------------------------------------

near Isley's death, he DID regain some humanity and actually DID start to care about Priscilla and Raki, seeing them as a very fragile family of sorts, and wished he could have experienced this for a longer amount of time, as the AFs/AEs were gobbling him up, killing him.

and Isley is probably very cute to ladies, so there is this as well, laughs.

and he's a "KING", too. Very royal/aristocratic/mannered/noble-born/etc, and high and mighty. Isley the Silver King!
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; November 03, 2010 at 05:38 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Godeye_Galatea's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... A hard choice to make. There are lots of cool guys in the option but I only need to choose one. Let us see then.

Raki for sure, is the 'crush' of the world here and might have the most votes. He's cute and kind when he was still a kid and now has grown up to a very handsome hunk. He is quite attractive if you ask me but then I don't go for those kind of guys so he's a no.

I do find Isley interesting too. He's got this really handsome face. And more importantly being the male claymore generation's number one is quite a feat! Also he's good with strategies and tactics, a very formidable one on those. We can also say he is this 'kind-hearted villain' but I really don't think he is a villain here! But then... I think that 'something' that attracts me is not in him, so I think I'll drop him.

And now leaves me with the three left to choose from: Dae, Ermita and Rubel.

Dae is quite interesting and he really caught my attention. I find his love for experiments and twisted philosophy attractive. I think that is what I call 'hot' I can also define him as a mysterious man. I want to know more about him and his experiments and ideas.

About Ermita, well, he is mysterious too. I think all of those MiBs are mysterious! But he handled Galatea so I think he had a connection with her and I find that fascinating. They might be hiding some secrets.

Lastly, Rubel, the sly one. Yes! That slyness can be counted as 'hot' too! His secrets, I find them appealing. And being a spy, he's one helluva mysterious guy! I just forgot when, where and whom he said that information. All I know is that he did admitted that he is a spy or maybe I'm wrong too... I really forgot. But that's the only thing I remember.

Ohkay, with all these comparisons, I think I would go for Rubel. Mysteriousness is the standard that I have established to be able to measure my 'Hottest' male character here. For me Rubel gets the highest point!

Just me.
    "I'll show you mine if you show me yours first. Let's compare scars, I'll tell you whose worse. "

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

and when you're (well, if you're Clare anyways) injured, Rubel "cares about you" wanting you to take off your clothes, so he can have a look at... your injury of course.. to make sure you're okay

just teasing, only (though girls wouldn't mind this if they like him anyways)

-----------------------

Rubel did say he was a spy against the Organization for this "other side of Dragons on the continent", but I have my own wild Rubel theories... of him being the real-true LEADER of the Organization... and just making up all this to dangle/fool everyone on his puppetmaster strings. hehe

*he possibly admitted it in Lacroa town (well he allowed them, Clare, Cynthia, and Yuma to think so anyways)
    *Miria whom he told this to, repeats it for us (the readers) and the 3 other HAs and the Ghosts (+ Galatea + Miata + Clarice + Dietrich too, well not specifically about Rubel though).
    *Dae in ch 110 as you know nearly was on to Rubel, knowing there's a "mole", just not yet that this "mole" is Rubel...
    *maybe a few more instances in the manga

if you want the sources, I can find/get them for you, just let me know if you're interested in them, and I will get them for you

---------------------------------------

I should have made the poll allow for multiple choices, wasn't thinking enough at the time I made it, my apologizes, as only having 1 vote is kinda lame for this type of poll.

(though girls, do usually select, "THE BEST ONE", selecting for quality, whereas guys select as many girls as possibly for the quantity. good survival strategy of DNA, use both quality and quantity, to ensure survival of species. females pick the best mate for quality of DNA of babies, and males try to mate with as many females as they can and as many times as they can for a large quantity of different DNAs of babies. hehe)

(sorry, I'm a bit of a science nerd/geek:P)
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 02, 2010 at 11:46 PM.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh! That 'taking off clothes' incident... I don't think he cares because some girl is injured. I think he just... let's just say its the other way around. It really never crosses my mind that those MiBs would care about the claymores they handle.

I think you got a point there. That could possibly happen. Well that makes another 'hot' point for him. I think I'll just wait for the story to end. But now I'm drooling to see what will happen next.
    "I'll show you mine if you show me yours first. Let's compare scars, I'll tell you whose worse. "

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, also think about this:

what is the Organization?

a ha.r.em of hot blond or light-haired girls in tight white-grey uniforms (though they carry huge swords and are quick to violence... V.V)

those Black Coats are lucky... !!!!!

and Dae, keeping dead rank 1's in his bedroo... i mean his room

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

That one really amuses me!

But still I can't think of the Organization being that way. In line with the story, I assume they are these very serious person that are really working hard to save their kin. So we can say that they don't and can't have this personal feeling of love or lust over their experiments. It's just all part of the work. Also let us not forget that the first batch of Claymores they experimented were all males.

But yes, it could happen. It can be a... that place.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ya, I'm just playing around. Claymore is a very serious manga, heck it almost has ZERO/NO fanservice, nor any pervy male character too, and both of these absences is very unusual for manga/anime, lol.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's gotta be adult Raki.

With his love of Claymores, his "Conan the Barbarian" physique, and brave yet kindhearted nature Clare better hold on to him tight because he is well poised to become a male sex symbol among Claymores.

Even Priscilla couldn't resist his manly charm..
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    ya, I'm just playing around. Claymore is a very serious manga, heck it almost has ZERO/NO fanservice, nor any pervy male character too, and both of these absences is very unusual for manga/anime, lol.
    It also doesn't have the ubiquitous, annoying talking animal or whiny kid, though Raki was starting to annoy me in the beginning with all his crying. Fortunately, he outgrew it.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ravenstar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Isley was a definite hottie so was Rigardo but alas their dead..

& we dont even know if the 2 important defenders of Rabona are still alive..

So the undisputed Claymore hottie is Adult Raki unless your a perv and you like small boys >

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Male Character

Raki-chan! Hes awesome isn't he? But Isley and Rubel must be among my favourite characters too, and Isley reminds me of my uncle who I don't see anymore though he was the only adult I could really relate to when I was a little girl.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner OpheliasRazor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Male Character

I can't believe NOBODY voted for dauf.
    Are you f****ng serious?!?Who's the one that caught up to priscilla mid flight? Who's the one that pounded Priscilla like a cheap whore into the ground? Who's the one that caused priscilla to have to awaken into her second form? Who's the one that rescued Helen, Deneve & Clare from almost certain death? Who's the one that sought revenge for, to my knowledge, one of the most loved characters in these forums?(Riful) Who's the one that was ready to sacrifice himself to his girlfriend on a moments notice, even though he didnt stand a chance? That's right ; It's the big doofus numbskull dauf, The playful dauf. So when it's a girl that is playful, everyone loves it, but when a guy is playful, everyone hates it?, He catches clares sword with his eye socket : playful , He annoyingly, but purposely yells "ow ow ow ow ow" even though he remains unharmed in order to give his attackers, galatea, and clare, a sense that they're damaging him just to see them fight harder : Playful.
    Listen I don't need to sell you guys dauf, He freakin sells himself, He has honor, doesn't run from battle, And he's OBVIOUSLY intelligent enough to setup a trap clever enough to CLEARLY trick and capture clare, embarrassingly enough. And if it's because of his looks, well f**k look at riful, she's gorgeous, and on a 1-10 scale dauf is probably a 5 At best, mainly because he's built like a steamroller and has a decent hairline that's not receded, I mean other than that he's not much to look at but common even Luciela said to Isley " I really hate your pretty boy form, your awakened form is much more appealing ". Also while we're at it, He got Riful, Obviously he's attractive to a certain degree, but...I'd just hate to think how (&@! he is &!^&(^* specially because riful is so tiny so he'd probably break &!%$^@&( into &^$( &^%!%@$'s

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    It's gotta be adult Raki.

With his love of Claymores, his "Conan the Barbarian" physique, and brave yet kindhearted nature Clare better hold on to him tight because he is well poised to become a male sex symbol among Claymores.

Even Priscilla couldn't resist his manly charm..
    Couldn't have phrased it better myself, HOWEVER dauf + Riful.
    Riful is hotter than clare by a longshot.
    And if Dauf, who is much more ugly than raki, adult or child version, can land a hottie like riful, I'd think anything BUT dauf being a sex symbol for male claymores if he wasn't rifuls boyfriend.
    Last edited by OpheliasRazor; October 31, 2012 at 03:07 AM.

New Reply