Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who is the winner?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Isshin, he is the father of Bleach's hero

12 52.17%
  • Urahara, he is the most intelligent mind of Bleach

8 34.78%
  • Too close to tell

3 13.04%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Urahara vs Isshin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara vs Isshin

- Battle takes place at Sokyoku Hill, SS.

- They can only use abilities that they have shown so far, no bankai. Urahara will have his portable gigai but not reiatsu cuffs.

Who wins? Does Isshin's performance against Aizen prove that he is superior, or are Urahara's shikai and kido abilities, intellect and gigai trick too much for Isshin to handle? What do you think?

In this fight, they know each other's zanpakuto abilities but Isshin doesn't know Urahara's gigai trick. He knows Urahara is a scientist though.
    Last edited by Gran Maestro; November 09, 2010 at 05:04 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Urahara vs Isshin

Quote Originally Posted by Gran Maestro View Post
    - Battle takes place at Sokyoku Hill, SS.

- They can only use abilities that they have shown so far, no bankai.
    Let's see, a powerful-looking GT vs. everything Kisuke has? I think the choice is clear. Kisuke takes this handily. His red GT may not be as powerful but it's more spammable, and if he can trap Isshin in that explosive net or hit him with a 90 level hadou, it'll be over quickly. All Kisuke has to do is avoid getting hit with GT.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member emanresu's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

so no prep for urahara? then its 50-50. whoever lands major hit first wins.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emanresu View Post
    so no prep for urahara? then its 50-50. whoever lands major hit first wins.
    Pretty much this, Urahara and Mayuri share a commonality in that they're always completely prepared for fights. Putting Urahara 1 on 1 with only one available trick does not bode well for how he typically fights.

Yes, Urahara has shown some good Byakuya 1.5 Kido, and he's smart and all that, but Isshin had the power to overwhelm Aizen with a sealed sword. With the Gigai trick used, and very unlikely resulting in a kill, it'll be a straight up fight, and there's no way Isshin is losing that.

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

With what we know, I give the edge to Urahara, although I don't think it would be easy. If Urahara lands a bakudo on him it's all over, if he can't I think Isshin would win, but I still don't think it would be easy.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Smit's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to do a 1 word post but thats lame:Fingerflick

Tbh i think its to close to tell. Yes Urahara is smarter. But i think Isshin is more powerfull in terms of reiatsu and swordsmanship. Uruhara's benihime net attack didn't seem that fast so i doubt he will catch isshin with it. (Aizen didn't care so he let the attack hit)
    And about kido we can assume that Isshin is a master of it aswell. Since he used to be a captain. and the fingerflick was rather impressive.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Kisuke will win by the very same battle plan he used against Aizen
    1.Isshin pierces Kisuke
    2.Pierced Urahara turns out to be fake and the Real Urahara uses the momentum to bind Isshin with three different Bakudos
    3. Urahara buys himself enough time to perform level 91 Hado
    4. Isshin is hit and dies

if, and only if, by some miracle Isshin survives this whole ordeal, we all know what awaits him next

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted to close to tell, but I wan't to believe Isshin is stronger. Kisuke wins though as of now. His inventions along with his kido skills should be enough to handle Isshin.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlB View Post
    Kisuke will win by the very same battle plan he used against Aizen
    1.Isshin pierces Kisuke
    2.Pierced Urahara turns out to be fake and the Real Urahara uses the momentum to bind Isshin with three different Bakudos
    3. Urahara buys himself enough time to perform level 91 Hado
    4. Isshin is hit and dies

if, and only if, by some miracle Isshin survives this whole ordeal, we all know what awaits him next
    It's funny how you linked so much from that chapter, yet missed the one that matters most:

http://www.ourmanga.com/Bleach/402/16

"You really became careless because of your new found power"

Urahara's basically saying that he only managed to pull off that combo because Aizen was cocky enough not to care. Isshin would not be the same.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    It's funny how you linked so much from that chapter, yet missed the one that matters most:

http://www.ourmanga.com/Bleach/402/16

"You really became careless because of your new found power"

Urahara's basically saying that he only managed to pull off that combo because Aizen was cocky enough not to care. Isshin would not be the same.
    damn! you busted all my hard work prompted by extreme boredome!!! I hate you

buuut... logical explanation on the way to save the day!
    Aizen managed to beat Urahara's strategy by the same reason he managed to beat God of all haxes Sakanade ... dude... that's Aizen his IQ must be around 100000. besides, careless Aizen is still tons smarter than every Bleach char (except for Urahara and Shinji perhaps)

btw: always wanted to ask, but somehow never did: how or where the hell did you get this sig of yours? I'm Lovin it...
    Last edited by AlB; November 08, 2010 at 05:16 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlB View Post
    damn! you busted all my hard work prompted by extreme boredome!!! I hate you

buuut... logical explanation on the way to save the day!
    Aizen managed to beat Urahara's strategy by the same reason he managed to beat God of all haxes Sakanade ... dude... that's Aizen his IQ must be around 100000. besides, careless Aizen is still tons smarter than every Bleach char (except for Urahara and Shinji perhaps)

btw: always wanted to ask, but somehow never did: how or where the hell did you get this sig of yours? I'm Lovin it...
    I think I found it on an animated gif topic, can't remember unfortunately, feel free to take it lol

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen was careless because he didn't use KS and he disregarded the info on the gigai trick (which he shouldn't have to begin with).

Isshin doesn't have KS or prior info.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    Aizen was careless because he didn't use KS and he disregarded the info on the gigai trick (which he shouldn't have to begin with).

Isshin doesn't have KS or prior info.
    It doesn't say anywhere in the OP that says he has no prior info. I think it's pretty clear that Isshin knows about the Gigai trick, it was clearly a part of their plan when facing Aizen.

Even if we're going with the assumption that he doesn't know, I don't see how it's a game changer. Why do the one trick pony strategies always get so much backing from people?

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    It doesn't say anywhere in the OP that says he has no prior info. I think it's pretty clear that Isshin knows about the Gigai trick, it was clearly a part of their plan when facing Aizen.

Even if we're going with the assumption that he doesn't know, I don't see how it's a game changer. Why do the one trick pony strategies always get so much backing from people?
    Not knowing is the difference between being prepared for it and not being prepared for it.

I don't think things will be this easy, but I can't see any other reason than prior knowledge, why it wouldn't work.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kisuke should take this.

Isshin seems strong, perhaps somewhat stronger than Urahara.

However, I don't see Isshin overwhelming Kisuke either way. I think Kisuke's superior analytical skills, intelligence, and a much more versatile shikai would actually give him the edge in this fight.

Also, Isshin has to avoid at all cost getting hit by a Kidou from Urahara, because you never know what Kisuke may put inside his Kidou...

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast