Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 587 by BadKarma , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 13 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia Game Thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xadyu's Avatar
    Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mafia Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    Are we meant to be talking during the night phase? Anyway whoever is killed by the mafia will answer many questions.
    Why not? And how so?

The one being killed by the mafia doesn't know who the mafia is amirite? Or do we get to know the mafia after they kill us?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

You actually shoulda bee sleeping at night.. or at least keep it quite

No, the mafia will not be revealed to the one they killed, nor to the others. The true identity of the one being killed will be announced with his death though.

Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

But we never sleep at night? You should know that.

Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

dude I dunno. just try not to attract too much attention from the mafia, unless you want it that way ofc ;o

Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

END NIGHT 1

Night Kill
    Townie Akiyama was whacked by the Mafia.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bastards including the doctor.

Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

sssssssshushhh. you dead

START DAY 2

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

The reason Akiyama was killed is because he was the first to guess kakashis identity...and convince others to vote for him. So from him dying because of that we can conclude kakashi's lynching wasnt an elaborately set up plan. So 2 more left.

Also, ive been thinking since Bugzee and Ustegius have been on MH for only a short period of time during the night phase, it is more likely that they arent Mafia members. I am assuming the mafia would need to converse through pms during the night phase so they can chose a target and it cant really be done if the person is not online. I could be wrong though. =/
    Last edited by Imperium; November 11, 2010 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

Intl Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member GEshode's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

After seeing the voting results and who voted for who I have taken away the people, who I think are definitely Townies, and now I am left with the following people:

Imperium, AI, Ustegius, Bugzee and Xadyu.

The people taken away are the ones voting no kill and the two dead guys, and of course myself. I excluded the ones voting no kill, since the mafia would try to have the townies killed as fast as possible, so it would make no sense for them to waste one day phase.

From the 5 that are left are 2 Mafia, 1 Townie, 1 Cop and 1 Doc.

Who the Cop or Doc are, isn't really important. The important point is, who are mafia. I think we can exclude AI, since the dead mafia voted for him. Of course someone can think, that they planned this, but since they had no way to communicate, since they are only allowed to discuss during the night, they had no opportunity to do so. (This conclusion depends of course on the honesty of the players and them sticking to the rules.)

Which leaves us with: Imperium, Ustegius, Bugzee and Xadyu

Since Bugzee and Xadyu voted for one and the same person, Imperium, means, that they can't be both mafia, because otherwise Imperium would have been killed in the night and not Akiyama.

Of course this implies, that one mafia voted to lynch his mafia friend, but I think when you follow the thread you can see the development of the majority wanting to lynch Kakashi, so that one mafia decided to sacrifice his partner for fitting in and staying in the game, since not many people would think, that the mafia would lynch themselves.

So following this thought one mafia voted for kakashi and one mafia voted for imperium. Since the only two people left to vote for kakashi are Imperium and Ustegius and one other mafia voted for Imperium. I am suggesting Ustegius is mafia.

Now to the question, who is his partner. In my opinion, it is Xadyu, since he wanted to make me look suspicious, since I voted for the mafia partner to be killed.

So my suspicion is, that Ustegius and Xadyu are the other two mafia.

I am going to vote kill for Ustegius, since I am not a 100% sure about the last mafia being Xadyu or Bugzee.

I hope I will be back before the day phase ends, but I don't know since I have a lot of work tomorrow.
    Oh, and don't write too much, so that I can catch up...^^

@Xadyu: I hope that is enough activity for you...
    Last edited by GEshode; November 11, 2010 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Typos

If you eliminate the impossible, what ever remains, how ever improbable, must be the thruth!
    The GEshode Thread
    The journey, which is called life

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude, I'm certainly a townie. Not only did Imperium point out the crucial inactivity during night phase, but in case of voting Kakashi, I just jumped in to the bandwagon last minute, to get the game moving. I honestly doubted Imperium at that point. I also were the among the first poster to doubt Kakashi (Elmo )

About who to lynch, AI is suspicious. His name turned up twice, as seen on the previous page.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member After_Image's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would Kakashi try to lynch his fellow mafia member? That doesn't add up IMO. He would try to take a townie down with him (Which I am) to make that townie look suspicious.

Ustegius is only throwing more dirt on me to turn everyone against me which only leads me to believe that he is one of the mafia members.

Vote Kill 'Ustegius'

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Geshode reasoning is very well thought out and put across. I will try and add it with my own. Geshode concluded there are five members who's actions implicate them or make them suspicious, they are me, AI, Ustegius, Bugzee and Xadyu. However I know i am not mafia, so i will swap my name with Geshode himself (Geshode similarly excluded himself). The five members left are thus: Geshode, AI, Ustegius, Bugzee and Xadyu.

I will cross out two names immediately.,Bugzee and Ustegius. For the reason i posted above, both were online for a very short time during the night phase. And i dont believe it was a long enough time for them to communicate with other Mafia, discuss and finally decide on a hit.

This leaves us with A_I, Xadyu and Geshode. The reasoning for Geshode being a townie is that he has twice voted to lynch Ustegius, if he was a mafia member Ustegius should conceivably be dead during the night phase. However this can bring about a lot of questions, What if he was overruled by the other two mafia? What if its trick to convince us to kill a townie? I digress, and I think i am being too paranoid. So for the time being he is crossed out.

Now before we go into the two remaning. So far we only have one confirmed Mafia member Kakashi919. I think from looking at what he posted we might get hints. Firstly, around the beginning of the thread the two most suspicious people were me (for the failed trap attempt) and Xadyu and him implying he knows "secrets" etc. From the outset (besides on half joking post) Kakashi focused hard on trying to cast suspicions on A_I and myself. Conviently missing out on one other person.

Going back to the other two, one thing going for A_I is that Kakashi919 voted to kill him. Now a Mafia member would vote to kill someone for one of two reasons, 1. That person is a townie 2. Its a trick rehearsed between Mafia members. Since the Mafia couldnt talk through PM's in the day phase, there was no way of rehearsing a trick. So i am going to go with number 1.

All that is left is Xadyu. He is someone i have been suspicious of from the outset. Now my reasoning against Xadyu is drawn from his suspicious posts:

Spoiler show

This post is after Aki tried to put even more suspicions on Kakashi919. Aki made a reasonably statement that Kakashi should be a bit more active in trying to get us to change our vote to kill him, instead of just voting to kill me and AI (you cannot vote to kill two people) and saying he hates us. Xadyu was the only person who came (very suspiciously on hindsight) to kakashi919s defence.

Spoiler show

This is his kill vote, observe the bold.

Spoiler show

He was doubting between me and AI. Now that sounds a lot like the dilemma facing a certain other member:

Spoiler show

Now remembering that the Mafia can only communicate during the night phase so no elaborate scheme could be made between them. We can conclude the following:
    Spoiler show

Vote kill Xadyu

Last edited by Imperium; November 11, 2010 at 11:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I am impressed

Vote kill Xadyu

Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

wow, this well-elaborated analyses are really fun to read. you guys are awesome

Spoiler show

4 votes of 9

VOTE KILL USTEGIUS 2x (GEshode, After_Image)
    VOTE KILL XADYU 2x (Imperium, Ustegius)
    Last edited by Evil3ye; November 11, 2010 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Limpy

Thread Closed
Page 13 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast