Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How strong is Ryūken Ishida? And what theories do you have regarding Ryūken Ishida?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How strong is Ryūken Ishida? And what theories do you have regarding Ryūken Ishida?

This is the man who has the nickname of "The last Quincy." He is also the man who has learned every technique formulated by the first Quincy.

He shoots his quincy arrows with one hand in his pocket. Yes, one hand in his pocket!

Ryūken Ishida has shown extreme accuracy and precision when it comes to shooting his quincy arrows. This can be seen when he accurately shot at the cavity nodule located 19mm from his son's heart. This was a required procedure in order to give Uryu Ishida back his powers.

Ryūken Ishida seems to know Isshin Kurosaki quite well, and he was surprised to see that Isshin's powers had returned.

What connection does Ryūken Ishida have with Isshin Kurosaki?

How strong is Ryūken Ishida?

What are your theories regarding Ryūken Ishida?

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How strong is Ryūken Ishida? And what theories do you have regarding Ryūken Ishida?

Lol I guess you saw all the ryuken talk in the uuryu thread. But yeah he seems awesome and I say he will have quincy abilities uuryu never dreamed of.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How strong is Ryūken Ishida? And what theories do you have regarding Ryūken Ishida?

Ryuken Ishida is captain level when compared to the Gotai 13 corps and is probably the strongest human around who isn't a shinigami. I'd say a full power Ryuken is about Kyoraku's level but below Yamamoto and more or less equal to Isshin.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Ryuuken is the Quincy equivalent of Yamamoto. His base power should be around the level of Uryuu's final form that he used against Mayuri, except Ryuuken has far more experience, control, and mastery over the Quincy arts so he's even deadlier.

To top it off, if Ryuuken is as intelligent and resourceful in combat as his son, then he's easily a contender for the strongest person in bleach. He seems to not care for shinigami though, which could explain his absence from the conflict against Aizen (in which his presence would definitely have made a difference, as I doubt he's been exposed to KS).
    Last edited by El Samurai Guapo; November 09, 2010 at 05:27 PM.

6. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member niblack89's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quincies seem to use legendary items to boost their powers. A powerful enough item could make a quincy with a strong enough item could make them as powerful as a captain.

Uryuu uses a bracelet and Ryuuken uses an actual bow. I think Ryuuken could use a power similar power to the final form an still keep his powers.

Recession hit us all hard

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say Ruyken is strong, maybe on Byakuya's level, maybe a bit stronger, but clearly not on Shinsuy's and Isshin's level.
    He is the strongest Quinsy, but we don't have to ovverrate him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I'd say Ruyken is strong, maybe on Byakuya's level, maybe a bit stronger, but clearly not on Shinsuy's and Isshin's level.
    He is the strongest Quinsy, but we don't have to ovverrate him.
    Do remember that ryuuken and isshin made their "first" appearance just after SS arc and both shown how easy they could take down a adjuchas and a hollow arrancar probably on the same level as a normal adjuchas.

I have to agree with what most say that ryuuken is the strongest non shinigami human and is on par with most captains.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

How i see it excluding god mode Ichi and Aizen.
    First one is FULL Hollow Ichigo, the one where he had a hole in his chest from Ulquiorra's Cero Oscuras. This vers. of Ichi should beat him in seconds.
    Second is Yamamoto, Ryūken should be way below commander Yamamoto (even Aizen was below him ...).
    Ulquiorra easy. Yes i think Ulquiorra > normal Aizen. Perhaps he is even > Yamamoto.
    Below Normal Aizen, Aizen was 2X a normal captain so Aizen is going to be somewhere 2x better then him AND this is if Aizen never uses that ilusion on him (if he can do the ilusion is no fight at all).
    Now here is Isshin probably.
    Ichigo (not god mode one or the one that was able to combine hollow + bankai).
    Then byakuya/Kenpachi/Kyouraku Shunsui(perhaps some other captains not sure)/most of the Visored (if not all)/arancar 1-4
    Then he should be somwhere here. Ryūken never showed anything that impresive to begin with. I need to see him fighting a powerfull individual before i can give him a better position then this.
    Last edited by xXan; November 15, 2010 at 09:24 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we'll ever see him fight and if he does it'll be off screen. I think his whole purpose is to show where Ishida can get to in the future. Kind of like Isshin for Ichigo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member poobert's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo surpassed Isshin so badly that it hurts.

Ryuken and Ishida junior is a different matter.

Not much is known about Ryuken except that he is so much better than Ishida. We can easily assume that he is faster, stronger, better skilled and way more ruthless. That automatically puts him at mid-captain level at the very least.

Now him and Isshin seem to be buddy buddy. From the normal trend, old buddies tend to be generally equal in fighting power. Shunsui/Ukitake, Uruhara/Yoruichi.

Being very pessimistic about his power, you could say that he is the weaker of the two, rather than them being on par. Thus I put his power level pegging with the lower top end shinigami like Shinji and Shunsui, below Yama but above Hitsu/Byakuya.
    My blog. Not very interesting, but if you are bored and want to burn time, there are pages of junk to read!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i think he's in the story to mainly show the outcome of how Ishida and Ichigo's relationship will turn out to be.. You know how alot of manga show a repeat of sorts in history. both there fathers were rivals and so will ichigo and ishida's.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lunatic Scream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably slightly below Yamamoto, but given his intellect, and the (honestly, really varied) number of techniques availables to the Quincy, could even match him in combat.

Easily the strongest non-shinigami in the series. I just wish Uryu could demonstrate similar competency (strength-wise).

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic Scream View Post
    Probably slightly below Yamamoto, but given his intellect, and the (honestly, really varied) number of techniques availables to the Quincy, could even match him in combat.

Easily the strongest non-shinigami in the series. I just wish Uryu could demonstrate similar competency (strength-wise).
    Yamamoto's equal ? You have to be joking ... Perhaps Yamamoto's finger equal ...
    The best i can give him is captain level but Yama is way above him. He NEVER showed anything impresive to begin with.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic Scream View Post

COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS! This reminds me of when people stated that the vizards would be UBER powerful and the weakest member would lay waste to even the Captain Commander Yamamoto. People fail to forget that yamamoto is the epitome of shinigami strength. Going around saying anyone is comparable to him is ridiculous.

Yes, Ryuken is a skilled quincy, but also remember his teach aka father got killed by a few hollows sent by one of our very own captain mayuri. If i had to guess, ryuken would be on MAYBE byakuya's level. But no higher.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS! This reminds me of when people stated that the vizards would be UBER powerful and the weakest member would lay waste to even the Captain Commander Yamamoto. People fail to forget that yamamoto is the epitome of shinigami strength. Going around saying anyone is comparable to him is ridiculous.

Yes, Ryuken is a skilled quincy, but also remember his teach aka father got killed by a few hollows sent by one of our very own captain mayuri. If i had to guess, ryuken would be on MAYBE byakuya's level. But no higher.
    I don't think that he's quite on the level of Yamamoto, but I do believe he's the Quincy equivilent to him. And yes, why Ryuken's father was killed by normal hollow, Mayuri sent thousands upon thousands at him all at once, and no matter what, the old man is still human and as a human he still grows tired as he aged. Not to mention that from what Ryuken said himself, we are supposed to get the impression that he is the strongest Quincy to ever live, for what ever reason.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast