Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why didn't Kabuto summon Jiraiya with the rest of the "notable" ninjas?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Eprst's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why didn't Kabuto summon Jiraiya with the rest of the "notable" ninjas?

He didnt summon Jiraya - because he summoned Hanzo, he is stronger than Jiraya - of course he was thinking whom to summon but he cant summon jst everybody. As it was said in manga he followed some tactics, he made groups and everyhting.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eprst View Post
    He didnt summon Jiraya - because he summoned Hanzo, he is stronger than Jiraya - of course he was thinking whom to summon but he cant summon jst everybody. As it was said in manga he followed some tactics, he made groups and everyhting.
    Hanzo isn't stronger then Jiraiya. He was back then, but Jiraiya was younger, weaker and he didn't have sage mode yet. Also, Jiraiya lasted very long against Pain and from what Pain's minions actually said, when Pain fought Hanzou, Pain completely destroyed him without much resistance.

Also, maybe Kabuto didn't bring Jiraiya back because Jiraiya could still be alive. I find it very strange we never saw him properly dead and just going down at the bottom of the pond.

Or maybe Kabuto needs the DNA of the people he wants to bring back and seeing as Jiraiya's body wasn't properly recovered, I don't think he had access to it. Also, when he summoned a casket in front of Madara (the one we didn't see who it was) to blackmail him, Madara asked him How he got that, implying you need to get something to summon a person from the deads.

3. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Giga_Gaia View Post
    Hanzo isn't stronger then Jiraiya. He was back then, but Jiraiya was younger, weaker and he didn't have sage mode yet. Also, Jiraiya lasted very long against Pain and from what Pain's minions actually said, when Pain fought Hanzou, Pain completely destroyed him without much resistance.

Also, maybe Kabuto didn't bring Jiraiya back because Jiraiya could still be alive. I find it very strange we never saw him properly dead and just going down at the bottom of the pond.

Or maybe Kabuto needs the DNA of the people he wants to bring back and seeing as Jiraiya's body wasn't properly recovered, I don't think he had access to it. Also, when he summoned a casket in front of Madara (the one we didn't see who it was) to blackmail him, Madara asked him How he got that, implying you need to get something to summon a person from the deads.
    I totally agree. But just because you don't see a panel with a character not moving or breathing doesn't mean they didn't die. It's obviously obvious to an obvious degree that Jiraiya is dead and gone :'(.

It's a possibility that Edo Tensei requires part of the resurrected's DNA or blood or whatever to cast it. Kabuto has been a super spy in every country so he had enough know-how and resources to scour the villages for whatever he needed to prepare the zombies. If that's not the case, it's probable that if he didn't revive Jiraiya for lack of DNA, he probably brought him back but plans to use him against Naruto or Kakashi. It also makes no sense that he didn't resurrect the White Fang, who was said to be on par with the legendary Sannin. He'll probably be summoned to fight with Kakashi. That would be so epic. I mean, it's true that if Dan was to mindfuck Tsunade, then why not summon Jiraiya as well? Jiraiya and the White Fang are superstars. So they'll probably be summoned in later as mindfucks for others.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member <.Haruka.>'s Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dilated_junkie View Post
    I thought it was weird that Kabuto didn't summon Jiraiya when he summoned the 'skilled ninjas that have made a name for themself'. He summoned Azuma and Haku and Zabuza....but no Jiraiya? It is possible he just hasn't summoned him yet.

I see two options with this:
    1. Jiraiya hasn't been summoned yet, and will be summoned the next time Kabuto runs into Naruto.
    2. Jiraiya is not dead so he can't be summoned. BOOM! and yes I did go there.
    Let's just wait and see if Jiraiya would show up later among his summons. Though it would be a cool battle between the master/teacher (Jiraiya) and the pupil (Naruto) if option one happens.
    I maybe agree with no. 1 and also that hopefully no. 2 won't happen too (because it would be too much fairytale-like) but maybe there could be no. 3 which could be an event twist.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eprst View Post
    That would not explain why he would summon any of the other guys there instead of jiraiya though

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Alterno's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    That would not explain why he would summon any of the other guys there instead of jiraiya though
    Maybe because they are better suited for war? I mean Jiraiya is not even a hero of war... in fact between the Sannin only Tsunade is known by being a heroine of war "The one who led Konoha to victory in the "great battle"... how cool is that". I don't want to downplay Jiraiya, but let's not downplay the edo guys either.

Haku and Zabuza as example they grew in pure internal war, when their land had a bloody policy, that's probably why they are better suited for the job.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member xAznSinnage's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Jiraiya is /dead/.

1> He was stabbed in every vital spot possible.

2> Throat smashed. In a logical world, that equals death.

3> Arm got ripped. Losing blood way too fast. His death was certain. He knew it, the frog knew it.

4> Smashed once more, after putting his last will and chakra on the frog's back. Really, the only thing keeping him from dying was his will. That lasted for like 2min. Body sank to the bottom of that place.

5> His soul gave a last goodbye to Naruto.

6> The flip card was set to home, with the other two set to home as well, implying his death, and all three being together in the after life.

If he's alive, the Pain arc had no purpose. And Nagato's plot would have no purpose.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Skidmore's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alterno View Post
    Maybe because they are better suited for war? I mean Jiraiya is not even a hero of war... in fact between the Sannin only Tsunade is known by being a heroine of war "The one who led Konoha to victory in the "great battle"... how cool is that". I don't want to downplay Jiraiya, but let's not downplay the edo guys either.

Haku and Zabuza as example they grew in pure internal war, when their land had a bloody policy, that's probably why they are better suited for the job.
    Weren't the Sannin reputation build in the wars they fought?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I guess he want to save him for later. At least that would be a possibility. He will summon him to fight Naruto and Naruto will finish his old teacher. With quite the emotions and so on...

The panda-bears rocking all over the world!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member katon_style's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

probably jman has been sumoned but kishi will show him or in a battle vs naruto or vs tsunade but i think kishi has in mind tsunade vs hanzou

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone thinks that Kabuto won't be using any person that has strong sealing jutsus?

I mean if let them loose, they might trap themselves and other ET zombies and seal all of them.
    CLEANED

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner FallFromHaven's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I’d be rather upset if Kishi did decide to use jman as a Edo Tensei ‘zombie’. He was one of the only characters who died with some type of closure, unlike some of the other ‘zombies’. To use him would totally disrespect him as a character. Up until this point I’ve been fine with the Edo Tensei overload, but adding jman would be a little too much… don’t do it Kishi.

fade away.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dattebayo!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

He did summon him, you just didnt see him... He's down at the graveyard gettin it on with some zombie chicks!

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kabuto is obviously saving Jiraiya for some other stuff. When Naruto makes his appearance on the battlefield, in 200 chapters, Kabuto will summon Jiraiya to utterly mindrape Naruto.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

jiraiya is died! remember that the toads like fukasaku have got the roll with the name of everyone who did a contract so if he was alive they would know it!

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast