Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Which pair comes out on top?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shunsui/Lisa

28 57.14%
  • Harribel/Toushirou

21 42.86%
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Harribel and Toushirou vs. Shunsui and Lisa

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Harribel and Toushirou vs. Shunsui and Lisa

Here is an interesting match-up. At least I think so. I've been wanting to do a thread that involved Shunsui and his former VC fighting together for a while now.

Let's say the fight takes place somewhere in Hueco Mundo, and both sides know of each others abilities. The Lisa in this thread is the current one, so she's free to use her hollow mask. Not much to say otherwise. I think this one would be close.

Battle Pic!
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Waking_Dreamer; May 12, 2011 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Placed Battle Pic in OP

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Harribel and Toushirou vs. Shunsui and Lisa

Hitsugaya get's screwed over due to massive shadow casting ice wings. Lisa's probably fodderized pretty quickly in, leaving it down to Shunsui and Harribel. Depending on how lightly he takes her it probably won't take all that long for him to finish her. Shunsui pretty handily.

Well I suppose Hitsugaya might not be as screwed if he sticks to shikai, probably takes Lisa decently there and provides Harribel a boost, particularly if he goes Tenso Jurrin, but despite these two being the best teamup in the series, Shunsui's just a bad match.

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Harribel > Vizard Lisa
    Shikai Shunsui > Bankai Hitsugaya...? Close quarters definitely But like Starrk whe he was using range attacks, the shikai games dont work to well if you can keep your distance from Shunsui.

Does the shadow game actually affect Bankai Hitsugaya if hes still in the air?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As per Aizen, if you cast a shadow on the ice you're boned. Doesn't even have to be your feet, just touching the shadow of your own arm on it screwed Aizen over.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

So it was Aizen who touched his own shadow? I always thought the shadow he cast on the ice allowed Shunsui to attack him from there.

Okay i dont really know how Shunsui actually comes from peoples shadows...

I consider Hitsugaya and his bankai ice wings as the one shadow. I mean if your fighting Shunsui in the air and say you cast a shadow on your own body (like your arm shadow over your torso/chest) can that be considered as an attack with the shadow game?

Anyways if TJ is put up quicky the clouds could reduce the lighting from the sun and diffuse the shadows over that area...maybe. Otherwise the shadow game is pretty haxx when fighting under the sun.
    Last edited by Waking_Dreamer; November 10, 2010 at 03:37 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The game is you touch your shadow you lose, so in order for Shunsui to attack his shadow has to be touched. How he comes from them is iffy, particularly since stabbing perfectly lit ground allows the blade to come up and stab you. It's a reality warping blade though, so eh... >>

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer
    Shikai Shunsui > Bankai Hitsugaya...? Close quarters definitely But like Starrk whe he was using range attacks, the shikai games dont work to well if you can keep your distance from Shunsui.

I'm not sure that's true. Busho Goma is a long range attack to blind enemies with, Taka Oni takes advantage of the distance above the enemy, and Hitsugaya's or Halibel's shadows aren't limited to just close range. Anywhere where there's a shadow connected to his opponent Shunsui is primed to counter attack with Kage Oni.

Also, I'm pretty sure Starrk's cero guns are faster and attack at a longer range than any of Hitsuygaya's ice attacks.
    Last edited by ninjabot; November 10, 2010 at 03:44 PM.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member leshrak's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

My money is on Shunsui + Lisa

Shunsui> Harribel and Shunsui>Hitsu.

Lisa is strong for a VC, but i think weaker than a capitain or a top Espada. Nevetheless, she can buy Shunsui some time as the mask can tank some attacks.
    "There are some qualities, some incorporate things,/ That have a double life, which thus is made/ A type os twin entity which springs/ From matter and light, evinced in solid and shade"
    - Edgar Allan Poe, "Silence"

http://pandatoryu.wordpress.com/ Brazilian blog about anime, manga and games

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xsoteria's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I'd go with Shunsui here. Lisa showed she can hold her own against toughies, so Shunsui gets to go rampant. Lisa doesn't even need to do major fighting, she just needs to stay alive. And then, random moment, Shunsui's afterimage beheads her opponent. Or something to that effect.
    Brigands demand your money or your life; women require both.
    Better be nice to them

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

a bit unfair since we don't know Shun's bankai and we don't know if Lisa has bankai at all. still, I would vote for them. from what we know Shunsui's shikai falls under "hax" category just like Kyoka Suigetsu and Sakanade, it was quite enough to defeat Primera Espada, who is undoubtably faster and stronger than Hallibel. Lisa is much more experienced in combat than Hitsugaya, he probably wasn't even born when Lisa was the second-in-command of the strongest captain of Gotei 13. plus her Shikai is big/heavy/strong enough to demolish Hitsu's ice when he is in shikai, Mask + shikai would pretty much equilize her to his bankai.

Hitsu's strongest attack (that 100 flower thing) won't work here, since Shunsui will simply shatter it with his reiatsu, and I daresay we don't need Kubo to spell it for us that his reiatsu is much greater than Hitsu's

12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh I heavily doubt he could just lolno it with reiatsu. I think it goes without saying Harribel, being above at least R1 Ulquiorra in Reiatsu who LOLNO'd Ichigo's vizard empowered Getsuga with it while full on resolve, is above Hitsugaya too, and she had to get busted out by the retard's magic negating scream.

Granted however, the petals aren't all that likely to hit. Shunsui has a wind tech that'd at least keep them off him for a bit, and Hitsugaya has a massive opening just waiting for him to take advantage of.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

If they fight above the dome of LN where its permanently night, can Shunsui attack with his shadow game if his opponent's shadow is in the shadow of an object such as that of the large pillars...?

Quote Originally Posted by AlB View Post
    plus her Shikai is big/heavy/strong enough to demolish Hitsu's ice when he is in shikai, Mask + shikai would pretty much equilize her to his bankai.

Hitsu's strongest attack (that 100 flower thing) won't work here, since Shunsui will simply shatter it with his reiatsu, and I daresay we don't need Kubo to spell it for us that his reiatsu is much greater than Hitsu's
    I highly disagee with this. No at Shunsui reiatsu crushing HH to pieces. Thats like saying Soifons 2-hit kill wont work on Shunsui, or that actually would be more likely since thats the power of a mid-tier captain shikai. Compared to one of the strongest attacks of the most powerful ice/snow zanpakuto in bankai.

Also, if anyhting Lisa with shikai mask seems maybe a bit better than Shikai Hitsugaya. A TJ powered shikai Hitsugaya against mask Lisa would be interesting to see.
    Last edited by Waking_Dreamer; November 12, 2010 at 07:28 PM.
    [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/Kilrik.jpg[/IMG]

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Broken_Wing's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

The shadow game is what sets the teams a bit a part. But everything else seems manageable enough for team H-H.

The only times Shunsui has used it successfully is on opponents who were entirely focussed on other fighters. It would be harder for him to pull out the shadow game while avoiding spammable, highly-presurised/condensed Droplet attacks. Lets not forget every game comes with a probability of "jamming" so its russian roulette in a way.

While mask Lisa wont get blitz/one-shotted I dont see her pressing Captain Hitsugaya or Released Harribel for any extended periods of time, not to mention her masks last a couple of minutes max. If there is sufficient moisture in the air OR TJ, she gets overpowered quickly...

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

While I think that Hitsugaya is stronger than Lisa (unless she has a bankai) I think he would need to bring out his A-game to take her out. In other words, it would probably take his stronger bankai techniques to finish her off. He certainly would not pull it off in shikai, as his shikai wasn't even enough to contend with sealed Harribel. I personally think Lisa has a bankai though. If the roles are reversed and Lisa fights Harribel while Shunsui dispatches Toushirou, we already know Lisa will last a while there.

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Harribel instant melts ice. His shikai not working against her is not remotely motive for it not to work against Lisa. Particularly since she lacks Hierro. Granted she's not oneshottable like other vices with it, probably, but I heavily doubt he'd be particularly pressed to the point of being literally incapable of winning. Especially if her shikai's only Melee.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast